Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Feb 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did P90X+ Total Body & Abs & Core. I used my pushup bars and arm slings for abs. This is the first time I wrote down my weight, etc. I think starting next workout - I'm going to start lifting heavier and doing less reps....as I want to change it up a bit and I'm not sure the lighter weights, more reps are cutting it. I'm also going to add weight to the ab work also. I finished the workout with 30 Kettlebell swings cuz I need to practice my form on these and I really feel it in my outer glutes from these the other day. Workout was 80" and I burned 468 calories.

Last night I did Flexible Warrior ...the restorative practice. It was really nice. I loved it. Too bad these DVDs are so expensive...as I'd like to purchase another one. The music wasn't all that great but it had great pose selection.

I ended up buying a couple more KB's yesterday. I got a 20 pounder and 25 pounder. I figure that will be good to see if I enjoy them and give me a good weight to practice good form. I have the Goddess KB workout coming, KB Bootcamp with Shanahan, Iron Core with Sarah Lurie and a set from Steve Cotter....Extreme KB workout....yikes! I hope I like them, as they were expensive.

Toasty - I ordered that Defuta and Fascinum also.....but my order won't be here until mid-week. They sound good though. Did you not order any of the Lupercalia Limiteds?

Have great workouts everyone.

This morning was week 2 of my total body rotation. Supersets today. Did pretty well and had some personal bests.

[font color=green]SS #1[/font]
[font color=indigo]CHEST/BACK[/font]
Flat Barbell Press:
115# - 5/5/5 (up 5#)
superset w/
Double Arm Rows:
35's - 5
37's - 5/5 (up 2#)
[font color=blue]***Felt really strong with the press. Glad I'm back up to 115#![/font]

[font color=green]SS #2[/font]
[font color=indigo]QUADS/SHOULDERS[/font]
Squats:
100# - 5
110# - 5/5 (up 10#)
superset w/
Dumbbell Press:
32's - 5/5 (PB) (Up 2#)
30's - 5
[font color=blue]***Dumbbell Press felt good at 32 but felt sloppy if that makes sense. Form wasn't dead on so I lowered the weight for the last set.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #3[/font]
[font color=indigo]BICEPS/TRICEPS[/font]
EZ Barbell Curl:
65# - 5/5/5 (PB & up 5#)
superset w/
Close Grip Press:
100# - 5/5/4 (PB & up 5#)
[font color=blue]***Barbell curls felt awesome. It felt like I could go higher but I didn't want my form to suffer. Close Grips were a challenge today but the first 2 sets felt good.[/font]

That is all...

Good Morning, I started my workout with Kelly Coffey's Cardio Kick Step Box no str, then added the last two segments of cardio from her Cardio Sculpt Fitness (feeling ocd today about the 1 hr cardio) Iended up not having to take my granddaughters to school so went on and did P90X Upper body+ skipping the w/up. I am going back to do some of one of the Slim in Series dvd's. I think I am saving the Abs/core for tomorrow and do that and cardio. I am not going to do Plyometrics tomorrow as scheduled. I think it would be to hard on my foot. I have been doing some exercises for my feet from Pete Egoscue's Pain Free Book.

Lora, I feel the same way about the Flexible Warrior 3.0 that I have. I really don't care for the music. The poses are really good. I find myself pulling this one out a lot. I would like to have all 3 of them. I wish I would have know I would like it so much because they have a set that includes all 3 which would have cost a whole lot less than purchasing them separately.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs,

Today was week 3 of this full body rotation. back to straights at 4 sets of five today.

Chest
Flat Barbell Press
5/5/5/5 - 95#

Back
Overhand Barbell Rows
5/5/5/5 - 85#

Shoulders
Dumbbell Military Press
5/5/5/5 - 30's

Biceps
EZ Barbell Curls
5/5/5/5 - 55# (these were suppose to be preacher curls but I don't have a bench, so I subbed with these)

Triceps
Close Grip Press
5/5/5/5 - 80#

Legs
Leg Extensions
5/5/5/5 - 60#

Didn't do abs today as I got up late.

Lora - How long is your Iron Core Workout? Do you really like it?

Randi - Hang in there girl! You'll be back at it soon!

Great workouts everyone!

Linda

I started doing Slim Series Tear it up thinking I would just do the lower segments. I ended up doing the whole thing LOL Now I really do need to get myself together and go rake up some twigs and leaves and pick up more branches that have blown out of the trees. They are saying snow again tomorrow. It is beautiful outside right now.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Everyone on computer so I am posting late. Arrgghhh! Just doing Abs-Core Plus from P90X today. Weight is still 119-120 range. Body fat high 13% so I am doing good. I feel like I have been body slammed. Upperback is VERY sore. I need a break today...I am on bitch-mode too. Maybe I need more carbs!!!! lol

Lora,

No, didn't get the Luperacila blends...el broko for the most part. I told my daughter I would get her Bordello. That is her favorite so I gotta put in a order for that after I sell something else so I can get it.

The weather is just boring here. Nothing to report. Muddy and the sun is not out. Ick.

Diane Sue,

Yes, I am doing the classic rotation.

Last night I decided to be "rude" and close my eyes with my neck back against chair! lol. I just had enough. I wanted to leave. Someone from the church asked me if I enjoy the game. I said it was not my thing. When I am in this situation I tend to just be in a trance and look at screen while I am thinking about all kinds of things. Dh asked me if I seen this and that..I was like..no. (In my own world). hehe

My EATS for the day:

Meal 1: Kelloggs Protein Plus cereal, 2 scrambled eggs with ham, 1/2 grapefruit, 1 slice of whole grain cinnamon bread
Meal 2: Protein Bar and Yogurt
Meal 3: Meat (chicken or beef), salad, sweet potatoe
Meal 4: Protein Shake
Meal 5: Meat and veggie

Dh has started P90X and I am trying to get him to eat his 3100 cals. He is giving me heck. Loading on butter....fussing he is eating too much and I am making him fat..la la la. He is not liking me to tell him too much. I am telling him what he wants to look like then...starve=whale or listen to me=results

Hey ladies
I'm hanging in therex( I'm doing good so far. I bought some protien powder by Optimum Nutrition, vanilla ice cream blah!!!! gross! Maybe I need a different flavoror somthing different that's low carb..Anyone take anything else besides protien powder like BSN N.O explode I think that's kind of like what I take "fast twitch"
Just curious
Randi

Linda - Iron Core is about 46"...but I think some of it's instructional. I only did part of it, as it wasn't really a weight or functional fitness day. I just wanted to check it out and practice form and see how high it got my heartrate. The swings and snatches and such are a lot of fun....but since I'm starting out with a lighter KB cuz I don't want to injure myself and need to practice this new method....I didn't really feel worked.........but now today, I'm sore in a lot of different places in my back, sides, legs/glutes, abs, arms, chest, etc.....so I think it really works you differently. Sarah Lurie isn't anything all that great but she does a decent job of teaching and I don't think any of the KB instructors are all that great from what I've read. You have to be really careful you don't let go of the handle of the KB when doing the one arm swings and switching arms mid air!

Diane Sue - what's wrong with your feet? PF?? I've been wanting to get that Egoscue book......do you think it would help my neck/shoulder issues?

Lora, yes it is the PF. It is only the one foot. I heard about the book and went online and reserved a copy from the library. I figured that would give me enough time to decide if it was something I would buy. It is interesting reading it. The exercises are really not anything new. I have been doing the ones for the feet in the order and time given in the book. It does seem to help. I had no pain at all Saturday. After I worked at painting I guess squating down low on my heels to paint pulled something because it started hurting all over again. He has you do the series of e-cises for the body part you have pain it once a day and then when the pain is gone you are supposed to continue with an overall program at the end of the book. For me it is using a belt or strap doing a couple of stretches for foot and hamstrings, you do toe circles and point and flex, then you do a wall squat for 2 minutes, finish with a kneeling position on a chair and hands on the floor pulling shoulders back and hold for 3 minutes. This is done once a day. That is all.
Sorry this is lengthy. Just giving you an idea of what it has you do. There is a chapter on shoulders and a chapter on neck & head.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.