Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Feb 18

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did P90X+ Total Body & Abs & Core (Hanging & lying segments only). Workout was 61" and I burned 333 calories. This was a little tough for me this morning. Maybe cuz it's Monday morning...ugh. Monday morning blues.

Have great workouts everyone.

I bought Flexible Warrior #3 off of Ebay last night for $19 plus shipping. I also splurged and bought AOS Newport KB workout.

Lisa - the AOS site has a Shoulder RX Clinic by some doctor. It's a download that has a PDF file and a video format (for the computer??) for shoulder rehab/dysfunction, etc. Anthony suggested I purchase it when I emailed him with my question about my shoulders. The problem is that my computer sucks and I don't know if I'd have the capability to download it, etc. Here's the link. What sort of video do you think is included in this? It's sort of expensive for a download. Well, all of his stuff is expensive.

http://www.artofstrength.com/OnlineStore/DrRonUCS/tabid/297/Default.aspx

Deb - have you heard that song Addicted by the band Saving Abel yet. It's from 2008. It's a pretty good song. You might like it. I've heard a few other good ones....but haven't written the names down. I'll have to pay attention.

Have great workouts everyone.

This morning starts Week 4 already of this rotation. Did it in superset fashion and had an excellent workout.

1 min. rest between each set

[font color=indigo]CHEST/BACK[/font]
Incline Barbell Press:
110# - 5/5/5/5 (up 5#)
superset w/
Overhand Barbell Rows:
90# - 5/5/5/5 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]****My inclines are about as high as my flat presses now. I love doing inclines. I hate barbell rows.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULERS/BICEPS[/font]
Barbell Military Press:
70# - 5/5/5/4½
superset w/
EZ Preacher Curls:
65# - 5/5/5/5
[font color=blue]****No increase here. These killed me last week so I didn't want to go any higher.[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS/TRICEPS[/font]
Squats:
110# - 5/5/5/5 (up 5#)
superset w/
Close Grip Press:
97# - 5/5/5/5 (up 2#)
[font color=blue]**** Had to use an EZ bar for the CG Presses because I needed my straight bar for Squats. I have been looking for another straight bar forever. No sporting goods store carries just straight bars. Pisses me off.[/font]

That is all....

Lora - I'll check out that song, thanks! I'm always up for new music.

Does anyone have the 800 number to order Tosca Reno's Clean Eating Diet book? I forgot my Oxygen Magazine at home. Thanks!

Sandy - Nice workout on Saturday! I will enjoy watching you progress with this rotation.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

For some reason my butt is really sore from the P90X Total Body workout. I did lots of pushups and pullups, but only feeling it in the ole' glutes this morning. Weird.

Today is Yoga X and gonna take a walk in the park with dh as weather seems nice today.

I am gonna modify my diet just a tad. Not gonna have so much milk in my diet. I got to stay away from those chocolates too.

Lora,

I listened to that song this morning...Addicted by Saving Abel. Like it very much.

Hello maniacs. Just poppin in to say hello..
Miss ya all.
Just feel strange posting when i can't w/o.

Couple more weeks and i am backkkkkk.. To cardio anyways.
Well at least the diet is good. I have been super watching after gaining a few and down to 135, hoping to be 125 by the time i start back up. Summer is coming..

How is everyone?
Still on P90x.
I am kinda excited for sts.
Did ya see the blog. Da muscles...LOL..
Well take care and great w/o's all. I will catch up in due time..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Anne,

Nice hearing from ya. Yes, still doing P90X here from start to finish. On a mission..trying to leave chocolates behind me so I can FOCUS on my mission better. Didn't order STS. Still ordering perfumes, soaps and massage oils and whatnot. lol. Feeling all girlie. Take care of yourself. I always enjoy getting your crazy emails on something wild. lmao.

This mornings workout was Kimberly's Absolute Kickbox, then Slim Series Tear it Up no/wup or str, then Amy Bento's 10miniute solution Butt and Thigh Blaster and stretch. I need to get a shower and see if we can get another plumber out here.

Debbie, not sure if anyone gave you the number for Tosca Reno's book. 1-866-837-6032

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Debbie - Hey, yeah I'm gonna do it, I think I'm gonna do good by it! This way I can also work out with hubby too and he can push me and help me when I need a spotter with the weights. My eating has been good this weekend. I've been doing better with getting water in too.

Charlotte - Please stand back, please stand back...away from the chocolate anyway! HEHE.

Have a great day everyone! I'll post my w/o later as I do it in the afternoons since I can't get up early enough in the mornings to do it. UGH!

Sandy - Just so you know, with this rotation the second week is done in superset fashion doing the same exercises you did the week before. Every two weeks the exercises change. When you do the superset workouts, you have to increase your weights by 2-3% with each exercise. It's very challenging.

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Banana Cream BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut Candy Bar BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Chestnut Stew; 1 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1 tbsp. power pb
M6: 4 oz. 95% ff beef burger patty; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: Chocolate Protein Pancake

[font color=blue]2026 calories YIKES!!!!!
61.9 g. fat - 28%
190 g. protein - 37%
175 g. carbs - 35%
[/font]

Wow, I can't believe I'm going to eat over 2000 calories today. Not sure I like that plan. I know I could cut the Chocolate Protein Pancake in half but for now I think I'll just keep it this way. See how my body reacts to more calories. I'm still in my bulking phase and quite frankly, have hardly gained any weight during this time. So we shall see.

Afternoon Maniacs,

I see everyone is busy as usual around here. Today is week five of the full Body Rotation done in two straight sets of 18. Boy I hate high rep work! Pushed hard this morning and really challenged myself, guess I thought I big and bad this morning. Anyway, probably won't go up much next week because I barely made it through this!

Chest
Decline DB Press
18/18 - 35's

Back
One Arm Rows
18/18 - 35's

Shoulders
Arnold Press
18/18 - 18's

Hamstrings
Hamstring Curls
18/18 - 40# (must have lost my mind here, the most reps I did at 40# before were sets of eight, highest weight has only been 42 1/2#. Needless to say I was toast when I was done!)

Biceps
Hammer Curls
18/18 - 20's

Triceps
Weighted Bench Dips
18/18 - 45#

Then I did LIC Abs. Then took DS bowling with friends, stayed and bowled a game with him. My wrist did not like that one bit! Does anything help that? Wrist pain that is?

Debbie - Great Workout! I expect nothing less. Anyway, surprised too see you want the Tosco book. I borrowed in from the library and was unimpressed. It contain anything that I didn't already know. JMHO!

Sandy - How did you feel the day after that first workout? Your doing great! Great job with the eating. I had a slip up yesterday, but I am happy to say it was that I ate more than I should of good food, but I didn't have any junk! That's a start!

Lisa - I hear about things like cloning and makes me happy I am a vegetarian!

Anne - Nice to see you again! Have missed you!

Well, I have to go clean up my disaster of a house.....

Linda

Linda - Nice workout! I HATE HATE HATE 18 rep workouts. 15 reps too. They are brutal!!! You did well, my friend! Well, the reason I ordered it was because there were several recipes from the cookbook in the Clean Eating Oxygen magazine. I made two recipes and was quite impressed. So I figured I'd give the book a shot. What the heck, right?

Anne, glad to see you check in. I agree with Charlotte on your e mails. The last one was whoa!! and then I laughed so hard. I bet there was some damage there LOL So you purchased Cathe's new workouts?? I probably will eventually. Don't look to see them out for a few months.

Debbie, I check my calories every so often and I think I am going to weigh and have gained a ton. Never happens! I have had days lately where I check and my calories are at 2500. I bet you do fine. You put out some heavy workouts. I hope you enjoy the clean eating book. I use some recipes quite a bit and probably should get the cookbook. Most recipes that I find I makeover so they fit my lower starchy carb eating and high protein.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hi Debbie,

Is this full body w/o to bulk up on muscle? I mean I know I'm not gonna get huge, it would take a lot to do that as you can see by my weights. I've always heard that building muscle helps burn more calories. Is this a good rotation for me to start? Here's some stats about me.

Height - 5'7"
Weight - 149 lbs

I'm very fluffy literally! My middle is my hardest to get down, I have the back fat too, what's good for that excersise wise? I'm cleaning up my food intake.
Thanks for the heads up on the total body w/o on switching up that should really make it interesting!

Linda - I really felt it, and it felt good to feel sore for once! When I was doing P90X+ I felt it but not like I did after doing the Total Body! Actually I'm still a little sore. I really felt strong for once in my life. I'm doing another total body tonight when I get off work! Eating has not been bad on my side either. It's been hard though. Good for you for not eating the bad stuff! How do you set up a picture trail or avatar here? I would like ya'll to see who you're talking to.

Have a great rest of your day! I'm going to the grocery store tonight to stock up on some good food, so I won't be so tempted to grab the first thing in sight when I'm hungry!

Lora,

I decided to get the Glowing Vulva perfume. Read the reviews so that was enough for me! lol. I cannot get into my yoga workout today. I am just not in the mood for much of anything..not sure why. Just feel really blah today.

Toasty,

What's the matter? Just not feeling it? You will, you always bounce back! Maybe you can change things up a bit. I don't know, just trying to help ya out! Did you go on your walk with dh? We walked yesterday after my w/o, and it was refreshing to get out in the fresh air, may walk tonight too, not sure. I'm following Debbie's Total Body, so I'm doing that tonight! I'm looking forward to it too!

Have a good day and hope you feel better!

Sandy,

We started off for our walk. I needed a heavier jacket. Wind picked up..clouds rolled in and was getting cold.

I actually feel much better now that I am not sick anymore. I think I am just bored with the yoga for now. Not in the mood for 50 million down dogs and vinyasa's today. I have one more week after I finish this week and then onto different stuff with P90X for week 8. I think I am just ready for a change here soon.

ETA: Yeah, Anne. The ones you sent today were something else. I love your sick twisted humor though!!! RIGHT ON!!! lol.

Toasty - I didn't care for Glowing Vulva. I imped it all out and sold it off. I LOVE Harikata and Spell of Amourous Love....ordered extra bottles. Also ordered other extras of my fave's from the Lupercalia update. I love Love's Philosophy, (get ready...there's quite a few), Parentalia, Anactoria, Valentine of Rome, Her Voice, Longing, and then honorable mentions go to To Helen, Sapphics, The Ragged Wood and La Vita Nuovo. If I had to pick 3 ....I'd say Harikata, Spell of A Love, Love's Philosophy and Parentalia (well...that's 4...but I tried!!). Love's Phil is about 20 times better than Glowing Vulva as far as a sexy creamy scent. I got tons of compliments on it the day I wore it. Speaking of P90X+.....I felt like a ton of bricks doing Total Body this morning! I'm really looking forward to the end of this rotation. Not enough variety to stimulate my ADD brain.

Linda - I didn't know you were a vegetarian too. Do you eat cheese and eggs? How long have you been vegetarian? I've been one for about 25 years or so.

Work was Hell today. Can't take the stress of that place and it sure isn't worth the lousy wage. I wish I had a personality where I could let that stuff roll off my shoulders.

Need to do some yoga............OMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm......wish I had more time though. Probably won't be able to fit it in.

Hello Everyone,

I just finished my workout. This is what I did. W/O was about 1 hour.

1:30 minute rest between each set

Back
Subbed Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs for Chinups:
40# - 8/8
60# - 8/8
The 40 felt too easy so I went to 60 and it felt a lot better!

Chest
Flat Barbell Bench Press:
65# - 8/8/8/8
I surprised myself with these, I did them all and glad no one was around cuz I was making ugly faces I'm sure!

Quads/Low Back
Traditional Deads:
65# - 8/8/8/8
I probably could have went a little heavier on these but didn't want to chance hurting my lower back. I felt good with 65's.

Biceps
Incline Dumbbell Curls:
15# - 8/8/8/8
These were very difficult for me, but I didn't want to drop weight, my form was good until the end.

Hamstrings
Subbed lying hamstrings curls for Elevated SLDL's:
25# - 8/8/8/8
These killed me, I can't believe these were so hard too! I feel it though.

Shoulders
Arnold Press:
15# - 8/8/8/8
These made me proud of myself, I pushed hard to get these without hurting my form, this was tough...but I did it!

I feel so strong while doing and after doing this workout! I can not tell you enough what a great feeling of accomplishment I have right now!

Going to go to the grocery store to get some good food for the week!

Thanks for letting me share!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.