Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Feb 11

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did P90X+ Total Body and Abs/Core (part of). Workout was 65" and I burned 450 calories. I added in a few sets of KB swings. Had a hard time waking up this morning. Didn't hear my alarm and even during the workout I was half asleep. Then it hit me, I chose the music off option and had Flyleaf all ready to play in my CD player,....but I forgot to hit play! No wonder I couldn't wake up!

Have great workouts everyone.

This morning was total body and I had an excellent workout. This was a long workout, 4 sets of 5 reps. Got it done in under an hour but compared to the other weeks in this workout, this week is the longest one!

1 minute rest between each set

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Incline Barbell Press:
105# - 5/5/5/5
[font color=blue]***These felt good. I love incline presses[/font]

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Overhand Barbell Row:
85# - 5/5/5/5
[font color=blue]***My low back was really tight today. These worried me but I did ok.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Barbell Military Press:
65# - 5
70# - 5/5
65# - 5
[font color=blue]***I should have stayed at 65#. The first set seemed easy so I upped the weights. By the third set I was fried so I had to drop back down.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
EZ Preacher Curls:
65# - 5/5/5/5
[font color=blue]***First set about popped my left wrist out of joint. Man, that hurt. Got through the first set and then wrapped my wrists real tight.[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS[/font]
Squats:
105# - 5/5/5/5
[font color=blue]***Could have gone heavier but then my form would have suffered. This was a good weight for this many sets.[/font]

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Close Grip Press:
95# - 5/5/5/5
[font color=blue]***Love this exercise.[/font]

That is all....

Good Morning
This Morning I'm doin GS legs and shoulders.
Lora wait a go on getting through a tough workout even though you were tired! Are you awake now:D

Debbie awsome workout. I hope your wrist feels better, ouchx( ! I hate it when my lower back gets real tight. I'm the same way when i'm doing back exercises leaning over or even squats sometimes, I can't finishx(
Have a great day
Randi

Morning Maniacs,

Today was full body in Supersets doing 4 sets of 5. It was a good workout and I am happy with my progress.

Chest
Flat Barbell Press
5/5/5/5 - 100# (Up 5#, only got this high once before)
Back
Overhand Barbell Rows
5/5/5/5 - 90# (up 5#, these felt good really squeezed at the top)

Shoulders
Dumbbell Military Press
5/5/5/5 - 31's (up 1#, worked for these)
Biceps
EZ Bar Curls
5 - 60#
5/5/5 - 58# (up 3#, the 60# was a mistake, realized after the set that I still had the wrist weights on from the Press)

Triceps
Close Grip Press
5/5/5/5 - 85# (up 5#)
Legs
Leg Extensions
5 - 65#
5/5/5 - 70# (up 10#, think I could have done more, but didn't want to get crazy, gradual progression)

Then I added C&W abs.

BTW, I am very excited my new pullup bar has been installed. I am scheduled to use it on Wednesday!

Debbie - Nice Workout, as always! Sorry to here about your wrist, sounds painful. Question: If I go over the rest some when switching from one Superset to the next group of Superset, am I losing a lot? I just can't get all my plates switched around in 60 seconds. I think I need to get more plates.

Lora & Randi - Great job as well! You are all one tough bunch of ladies!

Have a great day!

Linda

Good Morning Maniacs!!!!

Today is Yoga X. Still fighting this damn cold from hell! My head feels like it is gonna explode.

Anyhoo,

Linda..glad to hear your gonna get that new pullup bar soon. WOOHOO!

Debbie, Sorry you keep having problems with your wrist.

Lora,

I need to listen to the new Flyleaf as I haven't yet. I just ordered some Kama Sutra stuff on ebay last night. hehe.

Hey,
I'm resting today THANK GOD. My body is pretty tired today. This is what I did yesterday but was too tired and busy to post.

At the gym:

Intervals on treadmill... 1 min and 15 seconds of regular jog )6.0 mph) with 45 seconds interval at 7.5 mph. Took 20 min and did about 7 intervals.

For weights, did kettlebells, two sets of 12-14 reps:

Double KB alternating hang clean 20 lbs
AOS Kettlebell Anyhow 18 lbs (abs)
Double KB Snatch 20 lbs
KB Long Cycle Clean 18 lbs
KB One legged squat 35 lbs
KB SeeSaw press 18 lbs
One Arm KB Stomp Jerk 18 lbs
KB Pass Between Legs (abs) 40 lbs
One Arm KB Push Press 20 lbs

Assisted pull ups 2 sets of 10 reps
Assisted Chin ups 2 sets of 8 reps
Barbell Curl 60 lbs, 2 sets of 8 reps
Romanian Stiff legged deadlift 95 lbs 2 sets of 10 reps

Hanging leg raises with arm straps
Running Hang leg raises (this one was tough but a lot of fun)
Declined sit ups, 2 sets of 14 reps

That's all. I do a lot of total body training on sundays. Usually lasts about 75 min. Not trying to build mass any more. Trying to build my endurance in a way.

Lora- I will send you an email about your shoulders. I was thinking about you while I was doing kb. I really don't feel any thing in my shoulders when I do KB. One question I do have is do you lock your elbows when you do overhead? And do you somewhat swing your body with the kettlebell when you do swings? I know it will be tough for you but maybe you should use the lightest KB weight you have and build up the strength in your shoulders. KB finds muscles in every body part you think you did not have.

Char- Sorry to hear you're sick. Hope you feel better. :*

Linda and Deb- Great workout like always! Deb, sorry to hear about your wrists. That's got to hurt. :(

Everyone else, hope your workouts were great! Have a great day and hopefully it's not too cold where you guys are. It's 16 degrees here right now with winds.

Take care!

Lisa :)

Linda - I take my time changing stations/plates/weights between supersets. I don't think I've ever had them done by the time my timer goes off. Don't worry about it, your body needs the extra rest between supersets anyways.

Hi Everyone,

Randy - I'm thinking of getting Cathe's Gym Styles, but does she do a lot of low ends on squats and that type thing, or is it a little faster pace than Slow and Heavy? Just wondering before I make a purchase. Your hair looks great! Question, what breed is your dog?

Thanks and have a great day!

Linda and Debbie,

I'm always amazed at how you both do your own thing. You may have added this in your w/o's before, just wondering how much cardio do you add in on your total body workouts??? How much do you suggest someone to do that's trying to lose weight? My goal is to lose one lb a week for the next 3 months while building or toning muscle. I get so discouraged at times. I'm 46 and I can't seem to give up the "bad" food. I really wonder after I eat it...WHY? It doesn't make me feel any better, if anything I feel worse and guilty! I'm stronger than that! I've got a lot of stress on me right now, and I think that's what my problem is, and I just don't care but I do care if that makes any sense! I feel like I have a monkey on my back! HELP please, any words of encouragement would be great. I've been working out to P90X+ but I'm really feeling defeated with it, so I'm gonna go back to my Cathe w/o's for now, but would like to work up to doing a total body w/o like you two are doing, I have to have cardio though, or I won't lose an inch! Eating clean is one of my BIGGEST hang ups!!! Water intake too! I love chocalate too here lately, did I mention that!!!

Thanks!

Sandy - I do about 3 hours (if that) of cardio a week. When I do one body part rotations I only do cardio about 2 hours a week. Works well for me. I stay lean with that little cardio. BUT... my eating is usually 95% clean and spot on. I sway a little on Saturday's but it has never affected my goals. Eating is 85% of the battle. You change your eating habits and you are guarenteed to see results. The book that has changed my life is "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle". I'm sure you've heard of it. I live by it. You can download the book at www.burnthefat.com - it's an e-book so you download it and print it out yourself. Maybe look into that. If you don't like that idea, Body for Life is a good way to go as well.

I finally finished my workout. Seemed I had a lot of interruptions this morning. Motivation wasn't up there either. I really was on the fence with P90X+ today. I did not do it. I started with Tracey Staehle's Step Mix 2 and did all but the stretch. So I got a little stability ball total body workout there, then I did Slim Series Firm it up skipping the warm up and stopping at the abs. I added weights and used 5# ankle weights to this since it is a lower body workout. I finished with Tracey's Parts dvd Bosu Premix. Tomorrow I will do P90X abs/core+. I think I will still work them in but am just not looking forward to them for workouts.

Lis, that was a good workout you got in.

Charlotte, I won't ask what you are going to do with the e bay stuff LOL

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hi Sandy,

I am with Debbie on the cardio. I do about three hours a week with the total body workouts. With four day splits I do two scheduled days but then if time allows I will add on a half hour to the end of a weight session, once or twice. Again, I agree with Debbie that eating is 85% of the game. Here I am more like you, I don't manage to keep my eating clean for long. I am a emotional eater, and a lot of what you said sounds just like me. I turn forty on May 2nd and I am on a mission to clean up my eating so I can finally have the results I want! While I do manage to keep my weight down, I have this overall soft look I just hate! Or as Char calls it "fluffy". I lift those crazy weight and darn it I want to really see what I am doing! BTW, I had a huge chocolate binge yesterday! It was disgusting! So maybe we should help each other and hold each other accountable, then we could reach our goals together! You can PM or email me if you want.

P.S. It's been a while since I did Gym Styles so I don't remember how many low ends there are, but it is faster paced than S & H, but they are great workouts!

Linda

Hi Debbie and Linda,

Thanks so much for getting back with me on what you do. I remember you telling me about the ebook Debbie. I forgot about it, but I do have BFL. I need to pull that back out again. That's one of my obstacles is not having the right foods to eat at work, and the preparing. I know you work outside of the home too, so do you prepare your foods on the weekends or day by day?

Linda - Yes, I'm very fluffy as Char would say! Thanks for your suggestions too, since you and Deb are telling me eating is 85% then I really need to work on that. I'm not a big fruit eater, I mean I could eat it, then I would still want something "satisfing" or in other words "fattening"! Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one having the chocolate cravings, but I hate that you are too! Charlotte is trying to help me through this too, so maybe you can help with my eating! I appreciate it, and I'll try to help you. I usually can't get on during the day that much, but I'll try to check in at least once. Maybe around lunch then again when I get home in the afternoons.

Thanks both of you! I appreciate it!!!

Sandy,

I love fruit, but I am with you, when that ugly sweet monster gets you, fruit just doesn't cut it. My other problem is once I blow it I get mad and then I don't know when to quit! But today I am happy to say I have done well. No sweets! I'll be looking for your posts, maybe if we have to tell someone what we eat, we'll think twice about eating it!:p

And no thanks required, we are all here to help each other!

Linda

Diane Sue,

I am not sure why I buy some of the stuff I do. lol. Sometimes to amuse myself and just feel pretty.

This cold is the cold from hell. I am crying cuz it is in my eyes so bad, and I cannot stop sneezing. I am gonna soak in tub and dh is getting chinese tonight.

Charlotte, if it make you feel good buy as much as you can! I know where you are coming from. I like anything that can give me a boost:D So sorry about the cold. I coughed all night long and half of the morning. I ended up taking a nap. I hate doing that. It messes up my sleep patterns.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.