Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Dec

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Jari Love's Get Ripped and Chiseled and I added on Abs and Stretch from Cindy Whitmarsh's Fat Burning Boot Camp. Workout was 1 hour and 15 minutes and I burned 348 calories.

Considering the christmas cookies and chocolate I consumed over the weekend, I should do circuits the rest of the week. Stress in my life = chocolates and sweets ....unfortunately!

I listened to my own music while doing the above workout.......as it's the only way I can do a Jari DVD. I find Jari's workouts to lack that fun factor that Cathe and other DVDs have. I can't wait for the new P90X stuff to come out!

Have great workouts everyone.

Had an excellent total body workout this morning. This morning was 4 sets/5 reps - very tough but fun. I felt awesome this morning with lots of energy. Also, my weight room use to be REALLY cold. I only had one heat vent in it and on any given morning in the winter it averages around 52 degrees. Very cold. My dh installed another heat vent for me this weekend and what a difference it made. Very comfortable. I even had to close the vent about half way through the workout.

1 min. rest between each set:

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Flat Barbell Bench Press:
110# - 5/5/5/5 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***These felt good but by the 4th set I was struggling.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Overhand Barbell Row:
75# - 5
85# -5/5/5
[font color=blue]***Could have gone heavier but low back felt strained.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Dumbbell Military Press:
30's - 5/5/5/5
[font color=blue]***Haven't done these for a while. I was glad to be able to do all four sets with 30's.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
EZ Preacher Curls:
60# - 5
65# - 5/5/5 (PB)
[font color=blue]***These felt awesome but wrists hurt a bit on the downward motion.[/font]

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Close Grip Barbell Press:
95# -5/5/5/5
[font color=blue]***LOVE this exercise. Last set was a challenge.[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS[/font]
Leg Extensions:
100# -8/8/8/8
[font color=blue]***Could have gone heavier but need more plates.[/font]

That is all. Hope you all have a great day!

Good Morning, I started my workout this morning with Cathe's 4 Day Split double cardio premix no str, then did Kelley Coffey's Cardio Sculpt Fitness Cardio and abs premix no w/u. I am going to do Tracey's glute camp and maybe lower body Sweatfest sculpt premix. We are having a huge ice storm here. Luckily our power is still on. I never seen our trees looking like this. Even the shrubs and pines are drooped downward. Branches are on the ground. Lost a couple of branches last night in front. They are saying more rain today. It was thundering yesterday with all of this which is rare when it is this cold. Glad I scraped a path off the patio last night so it wouldn't build up so bad.

Debbie, if it was that cold in my workout room I would have second thoughts on working out. The one vent in my workout room doesn't put out a lot of heat either.

Suz, I am still stumbling through that last part of 4DSplit High Intensity step. One day I think I have it and the next I think I need to recharge my brain. I have been doing it every week since I got it and sometimes more than once. I think I confuse myself with all of the other new stuff I have been learning as well.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Just wanted to comment on a couple things from yesterday's posts:

Char - PLEASE be careful ingesting Vitmain A. VERY dangerous supplement. Your kidneys can only process so much. If you start having back pains, stop taking it. My dh takes Vitamin A because it cleans out the toxins in your body. We have learned alot about this supplement since he's been taking it. Be careful.

Suz - So sorry to hear about your step mom. My prayers are with you and your family.

Gotta go read Saturday and Friday's posts now. LOL!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Debbie,

Your A MANIAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot fathom how you can do 110# for bench and some of the other weights for other body parts. You are getting waaaayyy up there in weight. Impressive on curls too.

Well I didn't end up taking more then 15,000 IU of Vit A which is in my usual multi supplement.

Today I am going to work ARMS!!! I think I need to work abs again cuz it was one weeny ab workout last night. hehe. I woke up though feeling like I was body slammed again..my upperback, chest and my neck is alittle stiff. I ate terrible this weekend. I use to be more hardcore with my food, but I am slipping into the great abyss of chocolate and candy canes...someone come and save me!!!! lol

Lora - Great going with that workout. It was a long one!

Diane Sue - Hope your power doesn't go out! I hate ice storms. It was suppose to be icy here this morning but luckily it wasn't too bad. Nice workout!

Char - Ok on the Vitamin A, just wanted to let you know. Aren't you doing the rotation I'm doing anymore?

Dallys - Good job on your cardio! Have fun with your shoulder and arm work later on!

[font color=indigo]Meals from yesterday:[/font]

M1: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats
M2: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites w/green pepper, onion & cheese omlette; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Italian Wedding Soup
M5: Chipolte Talapia; Salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Protein Pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1553 calories
63 g. fat - 37%
137 g. protein - 35%
112 g. carbs - 29%
[/font]

Low on calories. I wasn't hungry at all yesterday. I woke up feeling like I was getting a cold or sinus infection. Slammed down some major Vitamin C and I'm fine today. And hungry!!!

Good Afternoon Maniacs,

Sorry I didn't get here yesterday, too busy playing catch up with Christmas and going to Church. It was a rest day for me anyway and I completely blew my eating UGH! Why oh why do I keep doing that? Maybe I need to start posting my eats, help keep me in line, because I really wouldn't want to tell someone else all I ate yesterday!

Just return from a funeral. Second one in two weeks. First one family, today a good friend.

Suz - I sorry to hear about your stepmom.

Char - hope the infection is doing better. My cold is getting better, but not over.

This morning I started week four of the straight and supersets rotation. Today was supersets with chest and back.

Back
(assisted)
Wide grip pullups 8
Close grip pullups 10
Chin ups 10
Chest
Barbell Bench Press
15/12/9 80#

Back
Underhand Barbell Rows
12/12/12 70#
Chest
Decline Dumbbell Flyes
15/15/15 20#

Back
Pullovers
12 40#
15/12 35#
Chest
Incline Dumbbell Press
12 30#
8/10 25#

Then did LIS cardio, again penitence for the lousy eating yesterday!

Okay I have go clean and start decorating!

Linda

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to check in and I see that you all are having great w/o's.
I'm feeling really good today, actually can't wait to get home to w/o. Never thought I'd be saying that any time soon. I wish I could make myself get up early enough in the mornings to w/o. I may try doing that again, then while I cook dinner my hubby can use the room to w/o.
Debbie do you w/o in the mornings? You work right? What time do you start? I have to get up at 5:40 just to get ready and be out the door to get to work on time. So, I'm thinking if I could get up at 4:30 that way I could do an hour, but OMG will that ever be hard. I like the fact that I could do that and eat at a regular time in the evenings, and my husband could get in his w/o too.

Linda- my eats are not that great either, but I'm working on it. I haven't posted mine either. Today so far I've had oatmeal for breakfast, a grilled chicken sandwich on wheat roll for lunch, no mayo either! That's an accomplishment for me! You look great by the way!

Char - what are you doing today? How are you feeling?

Okay going back to work now! Have a great day!

Sandy - thanks for the commiseration. I really think I should start posting them. Also thanks for the compliment. I have a goal to get my six pack to show and I am not going to get there if I keep sabotaging myself!

Lora - I am with you. Stress for me = sweets! I hate that!

So here it goes! My eats for today so far

Banana/oatmeal/ protein pancake
cup soy milk
coffee w/ soy milk & stevia
baby carrots, low fat swiss cheese & tofurky
(also a couple of my kids cheese crackers x( oops!)

Well at least no sugar so far!

Linda

I finished off my workout. I did get Tracey's GLute Camp in and Sweatfest Lower wearing ankle weights for the floor work. I started to do some Yoga but the power kept going out and then a huge branch fell and hit the roof and scared me and the dogs. I decided to get a shower while the electricity was on. We have had branches dropping all morning. I went out awhile ago to put out trash and no place to sit it. It started pouring rain some more. On a good note it is warming to above freezing:)
Yesterday's meals were
1salad with spinach, blueberries,feta cheese, and Kraft organic raspberry dressing
2 snack was a handful of raisins and sugar free hot cocoa
3Homeade soup with a taco soup seasoning packet by Homemade Gourmet
I used ground turkey breast in place of beef, black beans instead of pinto, no salt tomatoes,chilis, and skipped the corn.
4 snack of raw carrots and veggie dip( I like to take veggie dip from the grocer and add salsa or something to lighten it up some more when I don't make my own.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Sandy - I get up around 5:30 and my workouts start no later then 6:30. So not too bad. I don't think I could get up any earlier to workout.

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Banana Cream BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut Candy Bar BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Turkey patty; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: Italian Wedding soup; small salad w/Zesty Italian
M6: Garlic Chicken; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1671.5 calories
59 g. fat - 32%
158 g. protein - 38%
133 g. carbs - 32%
[/font]

Good afternoon ladies!

This morning I did 40 minutes on the bike in the basement. Weak, I know. I stayed up waaaaaay too late. We ended up talking to one of my dad's wife's nurses for a long time. She adores my dad (she's probably a couple years older than I am). She said her and all the Hospice workers were trying to figure out what it is about my dad and his grieving and his care for Mary K. that makes him so much different than anyone else they've ever come in contact with. They just can't put their fingers on it. They said that it's something to do with is devotion to her and his kind heart but they still don't know why they all feel such a connection to him. You know we can't have regrets in life, but if I had one, I do regret not knowing him growing up. Not that I could have changed it, but...

Okay, I have a little bit of DOMS in my triceps from yesterday's workout. My calves have DOMS too. :) I swear I want to take about 3 hours and just learn that darn High Intensity Step. But as Diane Sue said, one day I'd have it and then another I'd probably not.

Lora - You put me to shame! As early as you have to get up you STILL get in a great, long workout. Way to go!!!

Debbie - GREAT workout! I think my basement is about 55 degrees. That's just a guess. My DH would say it's warmer though. Upstairs is about 63 when I get up (and no, that's not MY choice) and the basement is MUCH colder. Sometimes I actually wear my robe over my workout clothes until I get warm. :) Thanks for your prayers.

Diane Sue - Another great workout! I'm glad you still have power. I thought about you when I was watching the news this morning when I was getting ready for work. That ice is crazy stuff. Be safe.

Char - You crack me up how you can't fathom how Debbie can lift so much when you post that CRAZY pic of yourself doing those cheat curls. You're BOTH MANIACS!!!!!

Dallys - How's Tony? Does he miss me? :p

Linda - Thanks for your kind words. I'm sorry about your losses as well. :( Great biceps by the way!

Sandy - You could always get up at 1:30am with Lora. }(

Okay, back to work. Only today and tomorrow and then I'm off. Of course I think I'll be doing a few things while I'm on break b/c I'll be gone so long. I almost can't stand it. Luckily we're closed from the 24th until the 2nd.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Afternoon ladies..
I am really discousted. Went to go work out. Got dressed and click.. The power goes out..
This is my luck. Can't fricken see to workout even on my own w/o lights..Then had to go to moms to get a bath..
With a little luck i can get one in tonite.. I hate working out at 9pm..
Have a great w/o day

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Debbie, so you give yourself an hour before you actually start your w/o. See, that's what I wish I could do, because sometimes for myself don't think it's safe to get up that early and go right into to a w/o. What to do??? I'll figure it out!

Suz, Ummmmm....NO! I can hardly get myself out of bed at 5:40. YIKES. I wish I had that time off that you're getting! I will have a little time off, not that much though. Hope you enjoy every minute of it!

Linda, I think I need to make a menu plan for each day of the week then there will be no guessing as to what I'm eating today, tonight...ya know. You eats look like you did really good!

Hey Maniacs! Lunch break here.:) Work will be crazy buzy for the next 2 weeks. Then I'm taking off until after the new year. YAY! We are going to Pebble Beach again.:p

Suz- Tony is coming to your house! He's not happy!:p

Lora- The circuits on Cathe's new ones are great. You should try em.

Debbie- My basement used to be cold too. Now we have a heat vent right over the treadmill. LOL!

Diane Sue- Those ice storms sound scary! I still can't figure out how it can be so cold to freeze rain to ice, but not to snow. That one bahooves me. Be careful!

Char- Are you still doing Debbies Total Body rotation? Glad you are feeling better.

Linda- Posting eats does help. I've been on a Pizza eating rotation for 2 weeks. LOL! Just trying to keep my portions in check helps tons.

Sandy- I'm trying to train myself to morning workouts too. I'm only committing to 30 min. of cardio and sometimes abs and so far so good. I'm on 2 weeks now!:) Sometimes I just keep going and it turns into an hour. I still do a workout later a few days a week, but hopefully I'll beable to continue with something in the mornings. It feels so nice afterwards!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hello:)

Debbie: I have question for you, if you don’t mind. How do you prepare Whey Pancakes. I tried it Saturday, ended in a disaster had to throw awayx( Thank you

Have a great evening everyone

Dally's,

I used to work out in the mornings when I was on a schedule with my w/o's, before I was transferred to uptown. It's a further drive to work now, so that killed my morning w/o. I'm gonna shoot for 4:45, that will give me a little time to wake up and then get started and I think like you I will do something for 30 mins. Then if I have to do something in the evening I can still fit it in and my hubby can w/o too!

If all else fails we do have a Y on the first floor where I work. I could go at lunch or after work, I just don't do well in crowds. I have a phobia...UGH! Panic disorder, hate it, but I'm dealing.

Have a great day!

I just ate not one but TWO pieces of fudge at work. x( And you guys KNOW I have a rule about no junk food at work. Dang it! I'm usually so good. First the workouts started to suffer and now this. What is the world coming to? :p Oh, and I had that with an apple. So that ended up being my lunch. That'll teach me!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.