Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Dec 24

lorajc

Cathlete
Merry Christmas Eve Maniacs -

I just rolled out of bed a bit ago. I overslept the last 2 days trying to fight off this respiratory thing. I probably won't sleep for 3 nights now from too much sleep.

I'm off to do a Patrick vid with my body bar. Be back later.

Diane Sue - Kundalini is really different at first and yes, it is difficult to do the breathing with a cold. I have trouble with breath of fire when my sinuses are clogged also. I want to look into purchasing a Neti pot for my sinuses. The arm movements in Kudalini can get taxing and I've even exacerbated my injury in a couple segments where the over the head arm movements go on and on forever. I'd give it a few more tries before you give up on it. I remember hating breath of fire at first, but now I love it. I actually do it when I'm stressed out and need to calm down or when I feel I need to get my blood circulating. It makes me feel really good now. I even do it it regular yoga sometimes in certain poses. Shoulderstand with breath of fire is called "The Fountain of Youth" pose by Kundalini peeps. It is said that pose will keep you young forever. I try to do it often! :)

I ended up doing Patrick's Body Design. I strapped ankle weights onto my body bar (from Diane Sue's suggestion) and made my body bar 18 pounds. This worked for most segments well and I used heavier DB's for the chest work. This is a great workout. It works the heck out of your core and is a real leg burner with a variety of leg movements. Workout was 1 hour 20" and I burned 598 calories.

I also did Ravi & Ana's Dr. Yoga House Call - Anti Arthritis, Immune Strengthening, Anti-Breast Cancer and then Yoga Quick Fixes - Headache Helper, So Long Sciatica, PMS Cure, Memory Helper and even did one of the Mediations at the end. Yoga session was around 60" and left me feeling wonderfully tingly from head to toe. I finished off with Keli Roberts Foam Roller workout 30".

Yes....can you all tell that I don't have hardly anything to do today!

Diane Sue - I did Anti Arthritis to see how hard the arm segments felt. It didn't feel that hard at all to me....but I remember when I first started doing Kundalini around 15 years ago, I couldn't even do the movements for as long as them. It is very different in that way. When I first started doing it ...long ago, I'd fast forward thru the rest segments, but now that I'm older and I use my "mental toughness" to push thru those tough segments when I feel I can't go on, I realize that that's what makes me feel so good after I'm done with Kundalini and now I relish in the rest/meditative segments. Over the years, I've done some pretty tough segments of Kundalini. I think maybe you just weren't expecting it to be like that and you will get used to it like me. I also wanted to mention that during the cooling breath with curled tongue in the end of that anti-arth segment, I started to cough... from the sucking in the dry air.....so it's not just cuz you're sick....but I'm sure that made it a lot worse. I do enjoy all of the breath work in Kundalini. Did you only buy Dr. Yoga House Call? I wish you would have bought Quick Fixes instead, as I think it is better......but they are both good.

Have a great Christmas Eve everyone.

I finished my workout. I started with Tracey Staehle's Step Mix2 circuit premix(no str), then I did Kelley Coffey's Cardio Sculpt Fitness cardio premix no w/up or str, I finished off with 4Day Split High Intensity Step Circuit(no w/up)

Lora, sometimes I think the body needs the extra rest to recover. I have slept a lot this weekend. Lots of cat naps. I am surprised that I have been falling asleep when I go to bed. I haven't tried all of the segments on the Yoga House Calls yet. I have done the anti arthritis segment and bye bye back pain twice now. I will try all of it eventually. Maybe it will grow on me:)

Anne, sometimes I find that cardio seems to loosen up the cold and sinus congestion.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning Maniacs,

Just stopping in real quick before my day of non-stop cleaning starts!

First I feel sorry for all of you with the colds, having just been there I completely feel your pain! My DS has a good one now and I am afraid I will end up with it.

I was also mad yesterday to find a pair a pants I wore a week ago and were very loose, felt very snug yesterday!x( . I'm hoping some of it was just water weight from too many carbs, but of course my eating's been pretty horrible too. I am committed to eat good today!

So which of you die hards will be working out tomorrow? It's cardio day for me tomorrow and I am thinking of doing 4DS Bootcamp and calling it a day. I love that workout, it gets a lot done in just a 1/2 hour.

Anyway, my workout for today was supersets of Chests and Triceps>

Chest/Triceps
Dumbbell Press
15/15/15 - 30's
Tricep Pushups
12/12/12 (these really bothered my wrists after the Upright Rows on Sat.)

Chest/Triceps
Barbell Incline Press
12/12/10 - 65#
Overhead DB Extensions
10/10/10 - 30#

Chest/Triceps
Decline DB Press
12 - 25's
12/12 - 27's (I probably should have gone heavier but my wrists were fried and this wasn't hurting them so I was happy)
Lying Dumbbell Extension
15/14/13 - 15's

Chest/Triceps
Pushups - 4DS
Band Pulldowns - 4DS

Debbie - question on rotation, please tell me that those pushups and pulldowns are just on set as a finisher not three sets. Also, would that joint supplement help my wrists?

Hope everyone has a great day and I hope you are all ready!

Linda

Merry Christmas Eve!
Today is GS Chest and Tri's abs and cardio. Does anybody get better results doing one or two body parts a day w/ cardio then just like circuit workouts? I know eventually I will have to change things up but I do get better results doing one body part a day with cardio:)
Randi

This morning started week 5 of my full body rotation. I thought I'd be doing 5 reps again, was all excited about that because I love lifting heavy - and here I find out it's 2 sets/18 reps!!!! YUCK!! I hate high rep workouts. But I had a great workout anyways and I actually kind of enjoyed it.

1:30 min. rest between each set

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Decline Dumbbell Press:
30's - 18
32's - 18
[font color=blue]***I really wanted to do this with my barbell. My stupid workout bench declines but I can't figure out for the life of me how the hell to do it on there because the arms are so far out and I would hit them every time I lowered the bar. Oh well.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
One Arm Rows:
30# - 18/18
[font color=blue]***These burned like crazy. At first I thought 30# was too light but by the time I got to around rep 12 I was struggling.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Arnold Press:
15's - 18/18
[font color=blue]***Same thing with these. 15's felt easy until I got to rep 12. Got a great burn with this exercise.[/font]

[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS[/font]
Hamstring Curls:
40# - 18/18
[font color=blue]***Should have went to 45# with this but again, by the time I got to rep 12 they were burning.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
Hammer Curls:
15's - 18
17's - 18
[font color=blue]***Should have went with 20's. Love hammer curls.[/font]

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Weighted Bench Dips:
45# - 18/18
[font color=blue]***This exercise really burns. I really like doing this one.[/font]

That is all. Quick workout, I think it took all of 45 minutes. Should have got on my treadmill for a few but didn't. I think tomorrow will be a rest day since it's Christmas. My eating has been horrible. I really tried to stick to my clean eating yesterday but DH and I ate chocolate and fudge in the evening. I'll try to stick to it today. My body isn't even enjoying all this junk food but that hasn't stopped me from eating it!

Have a great workout everyone! [font color=red]MERRY CHRISTMAS!!![/font]

Anne - Hope you feel better, girl! Great job getting the cardio done.

Linda - I think I only did one set of the pushups/tricep work from 4DS. Great workout today! Also, on the upright rows, yes I bring the bar up to my neck, actually. Do what is comfortable for you, don't hurt yourself on that exercise. My wrists have bothered me for a long time now. They are finally almost pain free and I hope it stays that way.

[font color=red]MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE![/font]

Here is Friday's Back and biceps workout. I am doing shoulder and triceps later today! :D

BACK
Horizontal Bar Lat Pulldown: 3x12x70

Trotter Row: 12x40, 2x12x50

SLDL: 12x65, 2x12x85

BICEPS
Incline DB curl: 3x12x10's

Rope Cable Curl: 3x12x40

CARDIO
Treadmill: 25 minutes of easy hills

I also had bloodwork done last week- my yearly exam. The results were very good:

Total cholesterol = 150 / HDL: 40, LDL: 94

Triglycerides = 80

Thyroid meds need to be lowered as well.

I was very happy with this! :)

Morning Maniacs! Just finished TJ Cardio party 3. I'm sure I've done this workout before, but could hardly remember any of it. Chalene sure knows how to make it fun.:)

I have a party to go to tonight, so I have lots to do.

Great workouts everyone! Have a great Christmas Eve!!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hey Maniacs!!!

Got on elliptical and did just 20 mins for a good warm up. Burned only 150 cals.
Then did these:

Cycle 1:
ATG Squats with 100# and 20x's
Plie Squats with 100# and 20x's

Cycle 2:
repeated cycle 1

Cycle 3:
Leg Press with 70# and 16x's
Deadlifts with 90# and 16x's

Cycle 4:
2 Sets of Reverse Lunges with 80# and 16x's

Cycle 5:
repeated cycle 3

Cycle 6:
repeated cycle 4

Cycle 7:
Calf Raises (2 Sets) with 100# and 16x's

***various ab work for 30 mins*******

Sounds like everyone is doing good with workouts and lots going on before Christmas. We are gonna see a movie tonight.

Lora,

I would like to learn more about that kind of yoga. Sounds interesting.

Toasty - what movie are you going to tonight? We saw PS I Love You this afternoon cuz we were bored. Really couldn't afford it. It was a real tearjerker and I'm PMSing. I'll start copying and pasting the informative segments from the Kundalini Newsletter in the Yoga thread and let you know when I do so. RAvi and Ana are really knowledgeable and the more you know about it, the more you don't mind doing the strange things they ask you to do. Anything that detoxes my liver, gets my lymphatic system going, etc. are things that I'm always interested in. Kundalini has had a profound effect on many people, more so than traditional yoga. I'm not sure you could handle all of the weird stuff they ask you to do. My DH makes fun of me for doing it!

Diane Sue - I'll also let you know when I copy and paste the RAvi and Ana newsletter in the yoga thread so you could learn more about Kundalini. Maybe it will help you accept the weirdness of it a bit more. I know the more I learn about it, the more accepting I am of doing all of the strange stuff.

Great workouts everyone. I'm trying to decide what to do tomorrow. I need a real calorie burner since I've been eating chocolate daily...but that stops tomorrow!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.