Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Dec 17

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Total Body Sculpt with Cindy Whitmarsh and then added on 10 min of CardioScupt from Prevention's Big Weightloss Fast. Workout was about 74" and I burned 418 calories. Not sure if I'm keeping this DVD. I'll have to try it again. I have been very tired lately and lacking motivation. Need to snap out of this.

Have great workouts everyone. It's cold and snowy here again today.

I can't believe how sore my calves are. They were really bad yesterday, I could hardly walk. LIS calf work is awesome!!!

Had an excellent workout this morning. Lots of energy again. Had a couple personal bests as well! Very tough workout.

1 min. rest between each set

[font color=green]SS #1[/font]
[font color=indigo]CHEST/BACK[/font]
Barbell Press:
115# - 5/5/5/5
superset w/
Overhand Barbell Rows:
90# - 5/5/5/5 (PB)
[font color=blue]****This superset was taxing. Especially the rows. My low back was really tight when I started. After the first set I stretched it out and it was much better after that.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #2[/font]
[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS/BICEPS[/font]
Dumbbell Military Press:
31's - 5/5/5/5 (PB)
superset w/
EZ Preacher Curls:
67# - 5/4½ (PB)
65# - 5/5
[font color=blue]****PB's on both. I think I could have gone with 32's on the presses. 67# felt good for biceps but I failed on the last rep of the second set.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #3[/font]
[font color=indigo]TRICEPS/QUADS[/font]
Close Grip Bench Press:
100# -5/5/5/5 (PB)
superset w/
Leg Extensions:
110# - 8
120# - 8/8/8 (PB)
[font color=blue]****I can't believe I'm doing close grips with 100#. And the first set felt quite easy. I could have gone higher with leg extensions but I worry about my knees with this exercise. So far, so good.[/font]

That is all...

Hope you all have a great day! We hardly got any snow here - maybe 2". :wft: I think we live in a black hole because everyone else around us got dumped on. Seems this happens all the time here. :cry:

Deb your numbers blow my mind..
I can barely move my arms today. I feel like i was hit by a bus.
OMG... Feels good..........
Today is cardio after i wake up. And abs.
Gonna do cardio coach..
Must have not gone heavy enough on the legs. I was feeling alot of back strain.Better safe than sorry..

We only got a little over an inch of snow here. Amazing .. It was supposed to be 4-6.. I am not complaining..
Was really windy though..
Well, have a great w/o today ladies..

Still no Diane Sue.. God i hope everything is OK..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Morning Maniacs,

I think the lack of sleep and the lousy eating yesterday caught up with me. I started week 5 of this rotation Chest and Triceps and really felt like I had no strength, especially on the chest work. Quite honestly I fell exhausted now. But here's what I did:

Chest

Dumbbell Press
15 30's
12 40/35's (had to drop midway thru set)
12/12 35's

Barbell Incline Press
10 70/65# (again had to drop midway thru)
10/10 65#

Decline Dumbbell Press
10/10/10 30's

Pushups LIS

Triceps

Tricep Pushups
12/10/10

Overhead DB Extension
10/9/10 35#

Lying Dumbbell Extensions
12 15's
7/6 17 1/2's

Band Pulldowns from 4DS Bootcamp (these really fried the tricep)

I am definitely going to clean up my eating today, I feel like crap.
Unfortunately I won't get to bed early though, three commitments tonight!

Debbie - your weights just blow my mind. Those leg extensions are unbelievable! Quick question on this rotation - you have the Pushups listed as from LIS and I think it should be HIS and you have it listed at 2 - Does that mean you did all the pushups from that workout twice?

Have a great day and a great workout!
Linda

Morning Maniacs! Did 30 min. on the treadmill and ab ripperX. I'll do Shoulders and ArmsX later today.

Lora- Nice workout this morning. I can't believe the variety of workouts you do.:)

Debbie- Great workout! You are doing great with the poundage!

Linda- Isn't it funny how our eating can affect our workouts? You've had alot of busy days, so no wonder you are feeling it.

Anne- Great going on the workouts! I have the hot poker, ya know!}(

Still can't believe Diane Sue isn't back yet. I wish there was a way to get a hold of her and see if she is ok.

Gotta run...

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I kicked me in the butt.. I am in such a slump. Must be winter..
I am loosing my gains and i feel like crap.
I MUST workout...

I did CC#2 revised.35 min. It was actually easy,or it seemed that way.
Went 2.7 miles and 360 cal .
Then i just did 200 crunches on the bosu.. they are harder on it..

Legs now feel fatigued. The w/o kinda loostned up the sore chest. Moving helped..
Feel like i had a boob job.. LOL..

Are we all ready for christmas??
I have 1 more gift. the SIL wants a spped ball and boxing gloves. Gonna have to run to Dicks. No where else has them.

Take care all .
Great jobs..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Hey guys
How was everyones weekend?
Oh my god my legs still hurt from Thursdays workout. So Sat did lowmax combos only barely could do that didnt think I was going to finish. Then did GS shoulders and MM shoulders. Sunday just left my legs alone did MM abs GS biceps and triceps. This morning did KPC abs first t hen cardio conditioning then 4DS Kickbox then abs from there my legs are still pretty sore. Have a great day ladies
Randi

Hey Hey Maniacs!!!

Burned 620 cals this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!

Here is what I did:

Set my elliptical on lower body trainer, level 6.
Average speed: 7mph (but speeds were 5-10 at times depending on what Godsmack song was on, lol)
I just didn't want to get off so I stayed on for 1 hours and 10 mins.

Gonna do Butts and Guts too minus deadlifts and squats (which I already did yesterday)

Ya'll busting your butts too I see and very yacky already. :p

Hey everyone,

I didn't get to do any w/o this weekend. I've been busy! Had my grandson Saturday morning, then went out for a Christmas lunch with family, then didn't get home til later that night. My oldest daughter came for a visit yesterday and me, her and my youngest went shopping for their boyfriends and just hung out together! I have to take advantage of when they want to hang out with "mom" cause they have their lives too, so I'll do what I can to spend time with them.

Went to see "I'm am Legend" Friday night, and I liked it. Was different, but good. It was sold out, so glad we got our tickets early. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think? It kept me on the edge of my seat most of the time!

I don't know what I'll be doing today if anything. I have a little stomach upset today and didn't sleep well at all last night, so I'm home resting.

Sounds like everyone has had a good weekend and good workouts!

Have a great day!

Anne- I've been on a roll with my workouts! Feel real good about it too.:p Must be the Pizza. LOL!

Char- Great calorie burn! Takes me hrs. to burn that much!

Sandy-I hang out with my kids too, if they are willing. Most the time they are too busy for ole' Mom.:) I want to see that movie. Hopefull one of my kids (lol) will go with me.

Dang...back to work

Anne - It's nice being sore, isn't it? I'm extremely sore today as well. I'm worried about Diane Sue. I didn't think they were still out of power. I wish she'd check in. Also, you think CC #2 revised is easy? I did it for the first time last week and couldn't believe how hard it was. I'm going to do it again tomorrow I think. And I'm almost ready for Christmas. I have a few more things to pick up but nothing I'm stressing about.

Dallys - Nice cardio and abs this morning girl! Have fun with shoudlers and Arms later! :)

Randi - Nice going with the sore legs! My calves are screaming at me today! How the heck did you get through Low Max with legs of lead? LOL!

Char - Woo hoo on the calorie burn! You were like me yesterday, I just wanted to keep running. Nice job girl!

Sandy - I want to see "I am Legend". I heard it wasn't that good, though. Especially if you read the book, which I didn't. I think we are going to go see it on New Years eve.

Hey Ladies!

Well, so far no workout for me today. I swear DH is such a bad influence when we're on vacation. I need to get up before he does and work out. He tells me "Just enjoy your vacation. Go sew. Have fun!" Silly man! Not what you tell someone who is unmotivated anyway!!! Since he wants me to gain a few pounds he thinks he's on to something. :) I think I'll do that Reebok Step workout later though. I haven't done it in ages and I like the funky beat. It's a good workout too - or at least I used to think so when I was a runner. When DH was a cop in LA and we were dating his (our) roommate who was also a cop and in good shape tried it and about died in the first 10 minutes. He quit. :)

Debbie - You're really on a roll! Way to go.

Storm - You feel like you had a boob job? Again? :p

Linda - Hopefully you can start to slow down and get some rest. You are going, going, going and still getting in those great workouts. I'm on vacation and look at me! Lazy girl. As I've mentioned I've never been like this in my life (I've been working out since I was 16) so I guess my body really wanted a break. Who knows? It makes me feel better to say that. :) I know when I start training for cycling season in Februrary I won't get a break until the end of October, so I guess I'll enjoy the rest.

Dallys - Are you doing cardio every day? Are you starting to see some results?

Char - Awesome calorie burn!!!! I guess that scale will dip under 120 now. As if it needs to. But I know it's buggin' you.

Randi - Sounds like you got some great workouts in. It's so hard when your legs are killing you, isn't it?

Sandy - I hope your tummy feels better soon.

I sure wish we'd hear from Diane Sue. I just went to Foxnews.com and found this:

On Monday, Oklahoma utilities said just more than 126,000 customers were still waiting for electricity, most in the Oklahoma City and Tulsa areas.

So that might explain why we still haven't heard from her. It must be just awful to be without power for that long.

Have a great day ladies!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I think I have lots of catching up to do:) I have been going through internet withdrawals. We have piles of tree branches we cleaned up from the ice storms. Heard them snapping and falling and the dogs kept barking:( Our poor trees look terrible. Our house kept its power. The houses across the street have been without power for almost a week. Ours would go off and on once in awhile. We lost our phone service and internet so we were not to bad off. Had the cell phones. I got out to the store once trying to stock up and Target had no frozen or cold food they had yellow tape all over the refrigerated areas. Many businesses lost food do to power outages. Thanks all of you that were worrying about where I was:) Most of the week I have been eating homemade soups. Lunch and dinner with some salads. Last night we went out to dinner and I got burgundy mushrooms and a salad and then we went for ice cream LOL
My workout this morning was Amy Bento's Step Challenge 2, Jari's Ripped to the Core, and Amy's Dome workout from Hi/Lo Dome.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Last weeks workouts were as follows:
I think I posted on Monday but will post here anyway.
Mon.
4 day split double cardio, Kelley Coffey Cardio/Sculpt Fitness cardio premix no w/up, Tracey's Parts Glute Camp no str, Sculpt Sweatfest lower
Tues.
Tracey's strictly upper body from the parts, 5 miles on the treadmill, Traceys parts yoga and stretch
Wed.
Tracey's Step Mix 2, Bosu Blast Abs and stretch, Tracey's Parts pilates, abs, and yoga, Flexible Warrior Swim segment
Thurs.
Kelley Coffey's Cardio Kick Step Box repeating the floor Kickbox segment, Jari's Ripped 1000, Ripped & Chiseled skull crushers and hammer curls
Fri.
4 Day Split Kickbox w/up and cardio, Kick Punch and Crunch skipping the w/up and intermediate segment and stopped at the stretch, 4Day Split Kickbox abs, Sharon Twombly's All Body Attack abs segment and Kelly Roberts Flexibility foam roller workout
Sat.
Kelley Coffey Cardio/sculpt fitness cardio only premix no abs or str, Sharon Twombly's All Body Attack cardio only premix(no w/up or str), Jari's Ripped and Chiseled, Yoga BOoty Ballet Goddess Booty, and 20 Min of Freedom from back pain yoga.
Sun.
Stayed home because of snow and ice so I did Eoin Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness full happiness I really like the luxury of having time to do a full yoga practice like that:)
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Suz- Yep, I'm doing Cardio almost everyday. Most days are not super intense, but a couple days are (don't want to burn out with that plus the P90x workouts). My scale is frozen and I told my dh to just SHOOT ME this morning, put me out of my misery, because I'm never ever going to get down to where I want to be...unless I literally starve. I do "feel" like I'm losing fat, but I have this obsession with the numbers. So, basically, I'm a nut case.

Diane Sue- Thank goodness you are ok!!! We've been worried sick!

Diane Sue - Glad you're okay! Nice to have you back. I'm so happy you didn't lose your power. Isn't that weird that you have yours and your neighbors don't. I guess it has to start and stop somewhere. How sad for them. Thank goodness for cell phones. And I knew that no matter what, you'd be doing your workouts and eating healthy.

That's so sad about all of your trees. :( And now I'm sure you will have to watch them for disease in the spring/summer. Poor things. But like I said, glad you're okay - and your DH & dogs too. :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Dallys - Don't forget that with P90X you're lifting heavier so you're going to be putting on more muscle (you know that's the favorite thing to tell people when they aren't losing weight). But...when I went on BFL a number of years ago, the scale didn't budge until the 8th week. And that's pretty typical of women on that program. And they are doing cardio and weights and sticking to the eating plan. And I was STRICT. And I saw NOTHING move on the scale until week 8! You've just gotta hang in there. I think you look pretty darn good. Have you ever thought that maybe your body is right where it needs to be?

Suz

Diane Sue - So glad you are ok! We were all worried about you. Nice to have you back!

[font size=4][font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font color][/font size]

M1: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Banana Cream BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Turkey patty; 2 tbsp. raw almonds (4 pieces of chocolate - bad me!)
M5: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/2 banana & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M6: Grilled Garlic Chicken; salad w/ light honey mustard dressing
M7: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1799.5 (does not include chocolates)
61 g. fat - 31%
173 g. protein - 38%
145 g. carbs - 32%
[/font]

I can't wait until the chocolates are gone. They are SOOO GOOD!!!!!

Now where's Penney???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.