Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Dec 11

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Barry's Bootcamp Legs & Butt followed by Mindy's All About Legs with Gliding Discs and Barry's Bootcamp Abs from Arms & Abs. Then I went down on the treadmill for 15 minutes and power walked and then did Cathe's Stretch from Legs & Glutes. I finished with Sun/Moon Segment from Namaste Yoga. Total workout was 2 hours and 10 minutes. I burned 414 calories at the end of the stretch after the leg workout and walking part. (I also did some Kundalini Yoga last night....Ravi & Ana's Fat Free Yoga Cleanse - Warm Up and Tear Out the Toxins.

My legs, butt and hips got pretty sore from that Gliding I did yesterday, so I'll definitely be adding that into my rotation more often. I never realized what a great leg workout that is.

I need to know what exercise gets that area right above the kneecap. That's where I hate my legs. I hate the shape of my knees also...but I know I can't change that! LOL. I need definition there though....so PLEASE HELP.

My DH is off today. I'm going to try to get a doctor's appt and if I can't - we might go to the cheap theatre. I have lots of stuff to do today though. Must go thru my perfume collection to see what I'm willing to sell for some extra income in the near future.

Have great workouts and I'll be back later.

Good Morning
Yesterday I did Gym style legs and today is Bmax 2 cardio blast premix and abs.
Lora slow motion lunges from Gym Style legs cathe says it gets the tear drop part of the quad which is right above the knee cap, those burn!
Yesterday I ate so much when I got home from work! I just couldnt get full! I didnt eat bad stuff just more then usual. I think my period my be coming soon.
Have a great day everyone
Randi

Good Morning,
Today I plan on doing Amy's A team boot camp, and Drill Max. We have people coming back to look at the house at 11 this morning so I have to get done and leave again. I have my grandson here because he was sick yesterday and we didn't think it would be good for him to go to school today and spread whatever it is around.

Lora, it sounds like you got in a great workout today. Good luck with the job hunting. I would say leg extensions really works that part of the quad. You could sit down and do them with ankle weights. You do some standing extensions in Legs and Glutes. Did you get the times on the floor legs yesterday?

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning ladies. Feeling a bit better mood wise, but I have a wicked sore throat. I really didn't feel well, so I rested last night. I have noticed that if I take a rest day, and eat my last big meal late afternoon/early evening, I do better, and feel better the next day. ANyway. ANother full day of babysitting and taking CHase to school. He was off all last week from not feeling well, so back today.

Randi- I used to be the same way right before my period, a bottomless pit!! And it is very hard to eat the right things when you feel that way. I was like that a little yesterday morning. I reallly don't get my period since the IUD, but I seem to still get some PMS symptoms. OH joy. I was miserable all weekend. My poor DH!

Lora- good luck getting everything done today. I am glad you are taking this time off. How late did you sleep today?

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Looks like everybody's off to a good start! We took more Christmas pictures of Gizmo (check out the new avatar :)). I think we'll try Amber tonight, but you know she hates it. We also have some birdie ones in my picture trail. DH had his first "real" photography job last night so we left everything set up and played around with the animals and their pics afterwards.

I'm contemplative today. I had this thought last week about asthma meds. She has 2 she wants me to start taking in addition to the rescue inhaler, albuterol. But I got to thinking. Do I REALLY want to put all that crap into my body? I asked her if I'm doing any damage to my lungs by NOT taking the stuff and she said no (it's only exercise-induced asthma). The rescue one helps me a teensie bit by eliminating some flem when I work out. What we're looking to do is help me to be a better athlete when I ride with all those fast cyclists. But really, is that SO important that I need to be on 3 asthma meds (Jeanette - help me here b/c you know the feeling of needing to be fast). It felt so good last year finally being able to keep up after years and years of struggling to breathe, but...is is worth it? Especially now that I'm on that stupid Topamax in addition to the Imitrex I take? I've NEVER had to take prescription drugs so it's starting to freak me out a bit. What I really wanted were answers to why aerobic activity was so hard for me when I KNEW I worked just as hard, if not harder than everybody else. I got my answers.

Sorry for the long start to the day. Off to do chest and back I think??? And abs. I wonder if I'll be less sore this week. Hmmm...

Have a great day!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good Morning Maniacs!!

Today is the core work from P90X! I am gonna ride my bike too. I can't resist since it will be 60 degrees. Will be in the mid 50's for the next week too. I am noticing more definition in my abs already. Slight, but it is coming along rather nicely.

Meg,

Oh, my! DD has the same thing. Her throat is really bothering her. I hope it gets better for ya soon.

Diane Sue,

What a brutal workout! Dang! Send some people up our way to look at our home. No one looking. We are too far in the sticks.

Randi,

I hate when that happens. I guess we all have to go thru it. Vicious cycle.

Lora,

Good luck with everything. Happy trails. BTW, the lead singer from Light House looks ALOT like Josh from Buckcherry. Check him out. Tell me what you think.

Charlotte~~

Diane Sue, you are doing boot camp and drill max...Oh my....What a w/o. Like the rotation. Bootcamp twice...
God am i sore. I made it through the 72 push ups in GS C&T...from my toes for the 1st time....My arms and tri are killing me.
I am doing the next day of the rotation. It is downstairs. I will have to look later.
Randi, i know what you mean about the slowwwwww motion lunges.Thay make me shake.
Well off to bath... Talk later,
Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

This morning I woke up with a headache but did my treadmill workout anyways. I did Cardio Coach #4. this one is a hard one for me, its 45 minutes (with w/u & cool down). Its mostly 2 and 3 minute jog/runs and those kill me. It took everything I had to get through this workout today. I'm proud that I got it done. I've done this one only once before and remember it being this hard. LOL!

Workout was 49 minutes, was in my zone for 37 minutes and burned 266 calories.

Suz - CUTE AVI!!! How adorable!

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good morning,
Today was P90X Chest & Back and AbX. Good workout for me today. Went up in weight on some of the back work on my Bowflex. I'm loving using the lat pulldown as I'm sore all up and down my back, something I don't get just using DB's for lawnmowers. I did lots more pushups too, most on my toes. Tomorrow is PlyoX, which I enjoyed last time. AbX was still hard today. Much harder than endless crunches.

Lora, sounds like a good workout. I love having as much time as I want to work out without watching the clock. Hope you enjoy your day with your DH. Sounds like the gliding workout was good for you too.

Randi, good workout for you too. I ate bad on Saturday night, but I'm back on the wagon. Yesterday was good too. We do have a prime rib lunch at work on Wednesday, but I'll skip the baked potatoes and just have the meat and veggies. The dessert part is what's hard for me.

Dang Maeghan, sorry about the sore throat. Get some rest if you can.

Diane Sue, you are quite the fitness buff! Drill Max and Bootcamp. I'd be dying for sure. Hope it goes well with the house.

Char, did you do Chest & Back yesterday? We must be on a different schedule. I like the abwork in AbX, but I'm so puffy today I don't think you can see the definition. Aaaaarghh! I'm jealous you get to ride your bike today. Closest thing to it will be a cardio coach tomorrow on my trainer.

Anne, way to go on all those pushups in GS CT! You will be feeling it!

Suz, Gizmo looks so cute. He also looks more mature too. You DH is doing a great job with the photography. Re: the meds, that would be tough. You are a great rider. Maybe pick some other types of rides where you use endurance as the goal instead of speed. I get a lot of satisfaction out of doing a few long rides with friends, like metrics or century rides. I picked a tough century with lots of climbing year before last and had a good time training with hills for it, lots of times riding by myself. I did the entire century by myself (none of my local buddies went), though I rode with some other people along the way. The satisfaction was great when I finished. A real high! I'm thinking I need to pick a goal for next year, something kind of tough.
The Cardio Coach workouts will help in any of the riding you pick to do. Yes, I would start questioning whether it's worth it to put all that stuff into my body just because of my desire to keep up with the speedsters. Not an easy decision at all.

Oooh, got to run, I just glanced at my watch and I'm running late.

Jeanette

I am so confused here. I guess I am looking AHEAD too much! Yes, again..you all are right. It is chest/back today. I got to get use to these phase things. I guess I might as well make my bike ride 10 miles instead of 14 then. I will need the extra energy to get thru workout. I will want to add in some bench with this as a bonus. I like working with weights alittle more then Tony does in a few of these workouts.

Charlotte~~

Yesterday when we were watching the Broncos get slaughtered, DH kept saying "Come on, BRING IT". He said I reminded him how fun that was to say. :)

Diane Sue, do you really work out on an empty stomach? I wish I could. I feel like they are extra calories I don't want!!! But I get too hungry to finish my workout otherwise.

I had a hard time with my pushups today, not b/c my chest was suffering but b/c my LOWER ABS are still so sore. Anyone else having this issue? Wowie! I actually had to go to girlie ones a couple of times. x( But I'm getting the hang of the dive bombers a little better. I'm gonna really love those when I get strong enough to do lots of 'em. I think they'll be my favs.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hello Maniacs,

I posted my avatar..but having a hard time with the link for picturetrail? Any suggestions on how to post it at the bottom of my posts.

I posted my pre-pix, not real impressed with the quality of our video camera still pictures, but I suppose it's nice that the quality is so poor that you can't see the cottage cheese legs...LOL.

I will manually type it here, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

www.picturetrail.com/amberwaves1

Anyway yes after work will be chest and back and then ab ripper x. I am only a little sore today.

Suz, love gizmo's new picture as always!

Amber

Just got back from bike ride. Cold air in my lungs slows me down a bit. Should have brought gloves too...hands cold. Tried to wave at a few passerbys and hands so stiff. lol. Got better towards the end as it warmed up more. No dogs chased after me. Went thru the farm roads as you see in my picture trail. Went 10 miles. Now I got to eat lots of food and get ready for chest/back.

Amber,

Great pictures. Looks like you had fun just having them taken.

Bionics,

Yes, you need food. I would have fell over. No doubt. I usually keep a protein bar and yogurt and 4 bottles of water when I work out and snack and drink inbetween. I am so afraid of passing out.

Charlotte~~

Suz,

I cannot believe your abs are STILL sore? We did Ab Ripper a few days ago. I will let you know how I feel when I do this chest/back today. So far my abs don't feel sore though, but my butt still does...isn't that something? You know that girl on Kenpo, does not go down into a horse stance very deep, if at all. I try to work my legs harder and I had the ankle weights on too so maybe that is why I am still feeling it there. Everyone is different.

Charlotte~~

GUESS WHAT I JUST GOT????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOW IMPACT CIRCUIT
BODY MAX 2
DRILL MAX
BUTTS AND GUTS

YES, YES I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An amazingly generous and sweet person KIM0105 who pops in on the forums from time to time PM'd me and told me she had an extra set of the series, and noticed that I didn't have them, so she asked if I wanted them!! How awesome is that. Everyday I am reminded of how simply kind and thoughtful the people are, so THANKS KIM!!

So, what the heck am I going to do first?????? Sucks I can't do it till tonight cuz I am babysitting!! How can I wait?????

Which one do you guys think I should do first? Come on, pick one!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Amber baby , nice pics... Good lookin DH too might i add..

Meagan , go for the butts and guts. You won't be workin out for 3 days. LOL....

Suz, can i have your dog???He is so cute...

Char, bring it on. I cannot believe how much you lift..
Deb, before long you will be able to bench me...

I am soooo sore. I had to take aleve. My chest and tri's are killingggg me...

I need a nap.
No upper body work for me tonite. I don't know if i am gonna be able to lift the arms for the drill max. It may be treadmill night ...

Diane Sue, any luck? Get a bite yet. I cannot imagine selling my house. I have so much crap from the basement to the attic to the garage. Oh, my.. Weeks of packing. I say sell it with furniture in it.Buy new....

13 days till x-mas.....

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Meg - Do Drill Max. I want to know what you think of it.....and it doesn't fit into my leg rotation right now.

Not that the leg rotation is even doing anything for me!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.