Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Aug 27

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs-

I'm off to a late start.....as I was placing my Halloween BPAL order. Going to do a Jillian Book circuit. Be back in a bit.

Mornin'!

I'm off to a late start too. I'm going to do Hot & Heavy (S&H) Chest, Back & Planks and IF I have it in me I'll add shoulders. I was going to do a light 45 minute spin on the bike on the trainer, but since I'm late starting, no time. Maybe tonight, or maybe I will skip cardio today. I lost 3 pounds since my doctor appointment on Friday. How the heck did THAT happen? Must be water weight. And I even ate some junk this weekend. Maybe it was that ride in the heat yesterday.

I did that albuterol yesterday before our ride and then I got a big ol' headache about 4 (could have been the hard ride, the heat, the albuterol?). But I wouldn't call it a migraine - it was kind of on top of my head. It was killer. I finally took Imitrex at 8:30 and went to bed. I woke up at 10:30 and it was gone. Should have taken it earlier but I didn't think it was a migraine. I feel marvelous today. :)

Hope you all have a fabulous Monday! Off to do Hot & Heavy! :p

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

This morning was Chest & Tri's. Had a pretty good workout.

[font color=red]Chest[/font]
1:30 min. rest between everything
Barbell Bench Press:
65# - 12 reps
85# - 10 reps
110# - 7/6/6 (added an additional set this week)
95# - 10 reps

Barbell Incline Press:
85# - 12 reps
100# - 6/6/6 reps (up 5#)

Dumbbell Decline Press:
35's - 12 reps
40's - 10/10/10 reps (added an additional set this week)
35's - 12 reps

[font color=red]Triceps[/font]
Close Grip Bench Press:
75# - 10 reps
85# - 8/8/8 (Increase reps & added an additional set)
65# - 12 reps

Overhead DB Extension:
35# - 12/12 reps
40# - 10/10/10 reps (added an additional set)
[font color=blue]***These are hard to do after the CGBP exercise.
[/font]

Kickbacks:
15# - 12/12/12 reps (same)
[font color=blue]***I hate kickbacks!!![/font]

Hope you all have great workouts!

Hi all,

I ran out of rotation...how did that happen...somehow I missed filling in this weekx(

I'm going to fill it in with CTX and add some extra free weights. Sooooo, today I'll do 10 10 10 and add extra triceps and some chest.

Have a great day

Good Morning, I had a fun day yesterday. The family cooked me my type of dinner. I got lots of fun fitness related things. I mentioned on the b-day thread that dh got me a stand with the heavy bag and speed bag. The family also got me workout clothes and I have an Academy Sports gift card. I am going there to pick out some boxing gloves later. Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Today I am doing Amy's All Pump Extreme Lower body and cardio. I wanted to do Kick box but may wait till tomorrow so I can do some bag work as well:)

Dally's the doggies did survive the glasses incident. Everytime I would walk by they would stand back and look at me like they knew something was wrong with that woman LOL I kept giving them the evil eye when I would walk by. Once they got the dvd remote but I caught that one before it was destroyed. We have lost mail and papers. Once dh printed up business cards and laid them on the end table. I found then in little wet pieces.

Suz, glad you got rid of that headache. Thanks for the birthday thread. Your post was so sweet:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I ended up doing my Jillian Book Circuit. Workout was 63" and I burned 383 calories. I modified the jumping jacks and jump rope on the Rebounder. Tunes were Papa Roach...The Paramour Sessions!

Suz - sorry to hear about your migraine abain, but glad it's gone! I hope the albuterol helped your breathing and hope you can take it in the future without headaches.

Toasty - did you see the update? My celestial oil is up....Libra....sounds good, but I hope it's not heavy on the rose.

Diane Sue - Sounds like your DH got you some great gifts.

Have a great day everyone. I have to make up perfume samples today and try to make some money since I just drained my Paypal account.

I called to followup on the Dermatology job and she has one more interview today and is making her decision tomorrow. I'm praying!

Good Afternoon Maniacs!!!

Well I am behind in workout, but worked my abs so I am gonna just do P90X Leg/Back so I can catch up with Debbie..lots of pullups in this workout for back and good leg work so tomorrow I will do chest.

DS- sounds like you got some great gifts for your birthday! Don't you just love getting new exercise stuff. The bags sound fun....doesn't cathe have plans to do a video using a bag?...thinking I read that somewhere.

I did Hot & Heavy chest, back and planks and added on shoulders. My arms were shaking doing chest work. I don't know why that is so hard for me. I do much better with the help of the Smith machine. It was a great workout though. I matched Cathe on all of it except for the 25# chest presses. I know you ladies do a lot heavier!

Diane Sue - It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! Your family sure made it special for you. I hope you like your punching bag. That's funny about your dogs getting "the look" from you. We took ours yesterday to pick up DH's pizza and I thought of you. They were sitting at the front door waiting for the okay to run out to the pickup. They ran out before I got out the door - a big no no (people first). So they had to come all the way back in the house and sit and start over...calm down, sit, make eye contact, let me out the door and THEN run out to the pickup. :) They LOVE going for rides.

Lora - I do think that albuterol helped. My lungs were burning like crazy which makes me think they were really opened up. But when the wind really got going (and this is REALLY GROSS so quit reading if you want) I had a huge bunch of mucus stuck in my throat. :eek:

Lora - I PM'd you.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

My workout today was a Amy Bento Hi Low Ex/ All Pump premix intervals and lower. This did include back but I stopped after the 4th interval and did Legs and glutes abs 1 and 2 and floorwork wearing 5# ankle weights, then I ran on the treadmill for 4-3/4 miles and finishing with Amys Stretch#1 from stretch and abs.
DH came home from work early and we went to dinner. I had some charbroiled chicken with a Sante Fe relish and some burgundy mushrooms as my side request. It was yummy.

Lisa, yes one of Cathe's future workout plans was for a bag workout.

Suz, my dogs love to go for a ride too. If I go out to the garage and one is with me they go in the garage and wait by the car. I sometimes just take them for a ride when I pick up the grandchildren. You should hear the comments from children when they see these big dogs in the car:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.