Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday 9-11

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did P90 X Chest, Shouders & Triceps and Ab Ripper X with med ball and ankle weights. I listened to my own music. I subbed a couple sets of pushups with chest presses and chest flies.

I think Beachbody should put out a new P90X series and call it P90X Gone Wild. They could add some new exercises and throw in more muscle confusion using supersetting, etc. They could have a circuit style full body weight workout that has plyo intervals for shocking the body and make this series without Tony talking in between exercises and minmal breaks!! Plyo X2 and KenpoX 2 with 2 additional cardio's for variety. Yoga X2 and PilatesX for even more variety. This system could be for the next level challenge! I wonder how much that would cost??

It's Monday......already! Can't believe it. Have great workouts and I'll try to check in from work.

Charlotte - you asked me about soap the other day. Did you see the website I mentioned? www.Villainess.net

Good morning, ladies -

This afternoon after work I'll be teaching a water aerobics class; I cooked up a new audiotape mix (yes, I still used audiocassettes for my classes) of 80's and Abba hits, if you can believe that. With 80's fashions being exhumed . . . um, sorry, REVIVED, I thought a trip back in time would be appropriate.

DH and I saw two draining productions yesterday / night on TV: "United 93" that just came out on DVD; and a re-edited repeat of "9/11", the footage French documentarians Jules and Gedeon Naudet had of that day when they were filming a doc about a rookie firefighter with an engine / ladder company close to WTC. Sunday here in MN was gray and gloomy; kind of appropriate for the mood.

Hope all have a productive day!

A-Jock

Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday went on a 17 1/2 mile bike ride. Yup, thought it was 25, but when I took a drive down in my car, it was just 17 1/2. I was so disgusted!!!!!!!! Now I know how to make it twenty at least for next time. Seemed sooooo much longer too. Kinda surprised.

Today is strength training so I will report back later.

Lora,

I am not sure these oils are for me if my dh thinks they all smell bad. And so far, all the ones I have he has turned his nose up to. It is important to me what he thinks so these may not be for me. And I have still ordered more so I hope maybe the others will smell better.

Anne,

Glad your dad is doing better. I know that has to be such a huge relief for you. What about your car now? How is that for you since they fixed the window shield? Should I ask? lol.

Hello to all that follow. Be back later.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte- sorry he doesn't like them. I feel bad for even telling you about them. I just think it takes a while to find the one's you like. Personally, I think the Limited's are better than the catalogs. There are a handful of catalog blends I love, but I love a lot more of the Limiteds. At least you can sell them on E-bay and recoup your money. You can email me at work today. My boss called off sick.

Hello Lora, Annette and Charlotte,
Glad you are liking p90 x.Sounds like you are getting tired of it, but, 2 more weeks then you can chance.

Annette, I couldn't watch them again. I have seen them and it is so depressing and sad. I still have a walkman casette i use the radio for. It is waterproof and i like it. I know 80's but, who cares.

Charlotte, Thanks for asking about dad. I am going to send my DD with mom today. I don't want her driving to Pittsburgh by herself. He , should be home Wed, if no complications.

The Truck, well another story. I am paying for a plain windshield. It is ordered.Can't even get it at the glass place. It is a dealer only item right now.I need it done ,so,maybe eventually i will get my money back. Ford will not pay for another one said it is an isolated problem and basically mine. Lemon law papers are in and i just document everything.I also complained to the National Highway and safety comission. These things are bad news. It is called a fine wired heated windshield.Don'e ever get one....

Well tonite is cardio of some kind.I am doing Debbies 6 week total body. I wish i had a smithe machine!!!! I could handle sooo much more weight with it.
3 sets 8 reps
I did bb chest press 63#
Back i did standing with 60#
Squats 65 #
Dead lifts 65 # ( called for hamstring curls)
Incline biceps was a toughie 15# tried 20's and cried...no go.
Lying bb ext 40# ( My arms were on fire)
Then ab hits 2 programs
and 20 min cardio on treadmill
Not feeling a whole lot today. A little in hamstring and tricep,'
But, I did work up one heck of a sweat.
Well check in later ladies. Take care,
Have a great day...
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

This morning I did a full body workout. This one was 3 sets of 8 reps, 1 minute rest:

Close Grip Overhand Pull-ups - 5/4/3½ (these are the ones I thought I couldn't do!)
Squats - 85# (was going to go to 95# but my low back was feeling weird, didn't want to push my luck)
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 95#/85#/85# (the 95# was an accident, I thought I had 90# on the bar)
Arnold Shoulder Press - 20's each hand
Hamstring Curls - 50#
Lying Tricep Barbell Extensions - 45#/50#/50#

I ran out of time and couldn't do my treadmill. I'm planning on doing that when I get home from work. Calorie burn was minimal with this workout. Took 44 minutes, was in the zone for 3 minutes and burned 78 calories.

Anne - great workout! Hope you understand it all ok, its kind of confusing until you start to do it.

Charlotte - my dh is funny about strong smells as well. Everything seems to bother him.

A-Jock - We seen United 93 on Saturday, good movie. It boggles the mind to know what the FAA and the government must have went through that day. So sad.

Hi Lora and all to come!

Hope you all have great workouts!

Debbie, how do you get 85 lbs up on your shoulders. Maybe i just have a ways to go. I don't want to get hurt.I feel like a weakling....

I am sure you burned more than 78 calories Deb. at 44 min of heavy lifting I betya you did more like 300. How are you tracking it. Maybe it is off. Just resting eats a 100 calories an hour.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good morning guys.

Anne- I felt like you the other night. I was driving at night with my DH's car. The windshield was dirty, plus it used to be my sister's car and she smoked, so there is fine film of crap on it to begin with. The glare from other cars was unbelievable. Good thing I live in a small town, not to many cars passing me! I promptly cleaned it the next day.

Great WO's guys!

I have tris and cardio. I need a good cardio today.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/150/.png[/

Charlotte - I sent you an email at your Highfashion addy...from work and then I remembered you said you can't access it. Let me know if you got it. You don't let your DH smell the oils when they're wet, do you? I'd let him sniff about 2 hours into the drydown (if you think it smells good). My DH never goes crazy over them either. He's grouchy. I get most of my compliments from strangers or co-workers. Men!!!

Hi Everyone!! My muscles are feeling pretty worked right now. I think that TurobJam yesterday with the weighted gloves plus the yoga and this morning's workout are starting to give me DOMS. I love it.

I want P90X Gone Wild!!!! I can't wait for Cathe's new ones. I'm ready. Bring it on Cathe.

Lora,

No, I can't get my mail there today. Sometimes yes. Could be the weather cuz I have satellite too. I so like the hunger oil myself, for sure, but was never sure about the others and would dh said they smelled bad then I had to think maybe they did. Well we are going down to Wal Mart and get some weights today and eat somewhere. Yup, he stayed home today so I will email you more tomorrow. I will try to check my email for mail again later today. He is telling me to get off now! lol.

Charlotte~~

Anne wrote:

Debbie, how do you get 85 lbs up on your shoulders. Maybe i just have a ways to go. I don't want to get hurt.I feel like a weakling....

I am sure you burned more than 78 calories Deb. at 44 min of heavy lifting I betya you did more like 300. How are you tracking it. Maybe it is off. Just resting eats a 100 calories an hour.

Anne - my weight bench allows me to put the arms up really high so I can just duck under the bar and put it on my shoulders. I couldn't lift that much off the floor and throw it over my shoulders. No way. Thats dangerous.

And I'm sure you're right about the calorie burn. Heck, I'm burning calories still from that workout. I am tracking it with my HR monitor.

Hi to everyone,
I am splitting my workout again today. This morning I changed and did weights first then cardio. Cardio was Straight Up Step minus the w/up and stretch, and CTX Step and Intervals cardio and stretch.
I did Slow & Heavy Legs and will do shoulders later. I added on 3 sets of 20 reps each Bowflex calves supersetted with leg Press at 310#.
Weights were dumbell lunge w/up 20# dumbbells
Squats Bowflex 240# 2 sets 260# 1 set
dumbbell reverse lunge 20# dumbbells'
Barbell Static lunge was 75#
dumbbell side lunges 35# dumbbell
Dumbbell plie squats 85# dumbbell
Calf raises 35# dumbbells
Well off to spend some time with dh. I will check back later when I do my shoulders.

Have a great day
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Debbie - I'm surprised you can even have 85 on your shoulders due to your back problems. I know I have to alternalte the bar and dumbells when I use 50 pounds, as it bothers my neck.

I think I figured out that my sciatica is being aggravated by Piriformis Syndrome. I did some research (yes self diagnosis) and discovered my piriformis is also very spasmed. I rubbed out the spasms last night and my sciatica was better this morning. Now, as the day wears on, I feel it coming back. I guess the piriformis spasms pulls on the sciatic nerve. So I'm supposed to do PlyoX tomorrow. I wonder if it would be okay to modify on the rebounder or if I should opt for the Bike or Ellipitcal? Does anyone know if bike riding can aggravate the piriformis. I know my piriformis usually gets irritated with plyo.

Lora - quite honestly, I have no clue why I can do all this weight lifting. Knock on wood - my back hasn't hurt me a bit lately. Every once in a while I feel a little pang of something but nothing ever comes of it. I really watch with bent over exercises, I try to stay away from them as much as I can. I pray every morning that I will have a safe workout without hurting myself and it seems to work. So far anyways.

Hey Ladies!!!

Done with workout. On week 3:

4 sets/5 reps for most/60 sec rest

Side Lateral Raise 15#
Pull Ups 5/5/4 1/2/5
Incline DB Press 30's (5/5/5/4)
Preacher CHEAT Curls 80# (10/10/10/10)
Front Squats 180#
Seated Calf Raise 4 sets/25 reps

Note:

Started with side lateral with 20# db...waaayyy too difficult so kept with 15#.
Incline DB Press I am so woosiefied. Really struggled thru this and maybe should have stuck with 25# as I arched my back several times.

Diane Sue,

I am just so amazed at what you can do!!!!!! Good gosh!!!!!!

Debbie,

When I do bench I think of you and then I feel dumb cuz I can't bench nearly what you do and you just did 95#????? WTH???? I try and try and it doesn't seem to get much easier for me. It is just really hard for me.

Anne,

Great workout! Yes, get yourself a smith machine and have your dh put it together because you won't want to...trust me!!!!!! My dh put ours together and was really having a time with it, but the directions giving were just awful.

Meg,

Have fun working out tonight! Post some new pictures of yourself when you can...you are really progressing.

Charlotte~~

Hey Maniacs!

I've got some serious DOMS from yesterday's Chest And Back workout. It takes alot to get my back sore, so I'm feeling pretty good about that. I did Plyo X this morning.

Lora, I bet you're excited to almost be done with the X. I hope you are getting good results.:) It would be nice if they came out with some more workouts.

A-jock, How cool is that, to have underwater MP3's?!

Toasty, That sucks that your ride wasn't as long as you thought. I hate when that happens. How's the house selling going?

Anne, I hope your new windshield will be good. I have a heated windshield in my Subaru and don't have any probs with it, thank goodness. I wish I had a smith machine too. How are you planning to go heavy on legs with this rotation? 65lbs. has got to be hard to get up to the shoulders already. I'm thinking of trying this rotation after the X.

Debbie, you are doing great with the pull-ups! Also, you are getting some heavy weights going on in your workouts. Can't wait to see your results from this rotation. Don't let that heart rate monitor get to you. I think the better in shape you get the fewer calories you'll be burning per hour.

Diane Sue, How in the world do you lift that 85lb. dumbell for plie squats? I have a 70lb. dumbell that I can hardly "roll" from one spot to the other. LOL! Are you holding one end and positioning it in the center with both hands while squating?

Meg, Have a great workout today!

Hi to everyone else today.:)

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Sunnyside,

The last couple that came to look at the house really liked it and was in awe about how neat I keep it, etc., but was either a bit too small or too much land the realtor had said. Getting closer to October and dh and I are getting worried it might not sell. Once into November, chances are next to 0 so we are still optimistic that we will get more people to view it this month and possibly buy it. I will be glad when it is all said and done. Thanks for asking.

Charlotte~~

LORA! I hope you see this. Was GH a rerun today? I taped it, rewound it, went to watch it while doing my treadmill (which sucked, by the way) and it was a show I already saw. Now I wouldn't question it, but I rewound my tape to the beginning when I start with Monday's shows and when I rewound it there was exactly one show on it. WTF???

Charlotte - You blow me away with your bicep curls so we both have a strong body part. There is no way in hell I can do a 70# barbell curl. And look what you did today with biceps - 80#? How is that possible? What are "cheat" curls? Awesome job!! So don't beat yourself up too much about your chest work. You had a great workout today! This rotation is just flying for me, I can't believe I only have a little over a week left of it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.