Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday 8-25

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs-

This morning I did P90X+ Total Body and the Hanging Ab exercises from the Core/Ab DVD. Workout was 65" and I burned 526 calories.

Sorry I've been MIA for the last few days. I'm having some personal issues and am most likely getting a divorce. I've been looking for a place to live and my DH has partially moved out. I might be without computer access in the near future for a period of time.

Deb - I PM'd you re: Avon to explain why I need to Paypal this time.

Have great workouts everyone.

Ok, back to it. This rotation goes against everything I believe with weight training. LOL! So this will be not only a challenge, but an experiment for me. I have always believed less is best. Well, this rotation is definitely not less as you will see. Also, the diet part of this rotation also goes against everything I believe in. Very high carb intake, high protein and low fat. So we shall see. I took my measurements, I weighed myself and I will keep track as the weeks progress.

This is what I did today:

1:30 minute rest between every set and exercise. 3 minutes rest between going from chest to triceps.

CHEST
Incline Barbell Press:
95# - 6/6/6
90# - 10
85# - 12/12
***This felt good. I was fresh and actually thought I should have gone to 100# for the first 2 sets.

Barbell Bench Press:
105# - 6/6/6
95# - 10
90# - 12
85# - 12
***Started to feel it with this exercise. Pecs were on fire.

Decline Dumbbell Flyes:
35's - 12
30's - 12/12/12
***35's were WAY too heavy. Almost couldn't make the last rep.

TRICEPS
Bench Dips:
75# - 6/6
65# - 10
55# - 12/10
***By the last set here I was cooked.

Close Grip Press:
85# - 6/6
75# - 10
60# - 12/12
***Here too. Had to drop it quite a bit by the last two sets.

Lying Barbell Extensions:
55# - 6/6
45# -10
45# - 12/12
***Started out with 60# but couldn't even bring it over my head. Went to 55#. Should have went to 50# for 10 reps and then 45# for 12.

I am fried. This is going to be one tough rotation.

Lora - So sorry to hear about your divorce. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Happy Monday:)

Today is my rest day:D

Debbie: your workout this morning was awesome:rolleyes: Nice work, girl.;) Can you send me a copy of your rotation?

Lora: Here is a big ((((HUG)))) things will work out for you.

Morning All!

How is everyone? Lora, sorry to hear about the divorce. My thoughts are with you.

I am having a lot of trouble with motivation, which is not like me. I have no idea what workout to do today. I am really not myself. I may try the P90X plyo workout just to get moving.

I have a really long day today, work and then a presentation to a group later in the evening and then another meeting!

Take care everyone.

Morning Maniacs,

Sorry I have been missing as well, it was just a crazy busy weekend. Yesterday, we had a church picnic and I played badmitten , then this game with the kids, that is kind of like tag, but there are two safe zones, one at each end, and on go you have to run like mad for the other zone without being tagged along the way. Kind of like doing wind sprints but not running in a straight line. So here what I've done over the last few days.

Friday

Superset A
Chins
6/6/6
Bench Press
8/8/8 - 97#

Superset B
Elbow out Rows
8/8/8 - 49#
Low incline DB Press
8/8/8 - 39's

Superset C
Decline Pushups
15/15/15 **How high are your feet suppose to be on these?**
Incline DB Curls
8/8/8 - 23's

Then cardio at 30/90 ratio for six rounds. Doing suicides, high knee runs and forward bounding.

Saturday - Did LIC timesaver cardio

Sunday - rest

Today

Superset A
DB Forward Lunge
8/8/8 - 39's
Side planks
30 sec. hold X3

Superset B
RDL
8/8/8 - 121#
SB Jackknifes
15/15/15

Superset C
DB Step Ups
8/8/8 - 24's
SB Hamstring Curls
15/15/15

Then cardio at a 60/60 ratio for 6 rounds, I used the first power up section from Amy's ASC.

Debbie - Awesome workout! How long did that take you? Where is this rotation from?

Lora
- Hope you are doing okay. Hang in there, we are here for you.

Well as a result of yesterdays workout Im not sure that I will be doing anything today.. maybe some ab's if I get the strength or some cardio later might be nice.. maybe Ill go skating?

I typically have a LEG day (which is pretty intense), but decided yesterday (cuz I got busy late in the week and wasn't able to get the second day in for either of them) that I would do a "mini" leg day with back and shoulders..

I hate doing back at home as I dont feel like I get anything from it.. so I did a bunch of pullover type stuff on a decline and boy am I feelin' it today!

I also dont get how I have been doing heavy legs for about 6 weeks now-- and Im still sore and stiff after every one! I stretch for like 20 seconds each pose.. hmm :T

Weclome back FitnessFreak! That looks pretty intense-- why the change in routine? Just something different?

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I am gonna work shoulders and abs today.

Debbie,

Since I just recently worked my chest, I think I will start what you did today tomorrow and then just wait to get the rotation from you and still follow suit.

Lora,

Sorry to hear.

Teddygirl - PM me your address and I'll mail it out to you. It's too indept to email.

Linda - It took me about an hour and 20 minutes. I got the rotation from the mens M&F magazine. It starts with the July issue and ends with the September issue.

Debbie - Wow! An hour an 20 minutes of lifting, and then by the third month six 45-minute cardio sessions per week. Sounds like one of DianeSue's workouts! How many lifting days are there?. LOL! What's the theory behind it? I also wouldn't mind a copy of it, that is if you don't mind sending out one more?

Debbie - Wow! An hour an 20 minutes of lifting, and then by the third month six 45-minute cardio sessions per week. Sounds like one of DianeSue's workouts! How many lifting days are there?. LOL! What's the theory behind it? I also wouldn't mind a copy of it, that is if you don't mind sending out one more?

Yea I know. Like I said, it goes against everything I believe in with weight training. This month's cardio is suppose to be 3 days per week, 30 minutes for week 1 60% of MHR. Week 2 is 45 minutes at 60% of MHR. Weeks 3 & 4 is four days a week, 45 minutes a day 65% of your MHR.

Months 2 and 3 up these numbers. It's brutal and I won't do it all because I honestly think it's overkill. It's suppose to build muscle but at the same time lean you out. We shall see....

DianeSue - I am looking at ordering some of Amy's DVD's, and was wondering if you have "In The Ring" and what your thoughts are on it?

I ended up doing Amy Bento's A team boot camp, it was fun and got me sweating. That is the best I could do today. Will try to run hills tomorrow.

Take care and have a great day everyone.

Ok, today is my high calorie day. It is almost impossible for me to eat as much food as they tell you. I should be eating 2412 calories today. Ummm, no way. First off, like I said I'm not doing the cardio like it should be done. I need to compensate for that. So this is what my calorie breakdown will look like:

High days: 2200 calories
Medium Days: 2000 calories
Low Days: 1800 calories

My low days are still almost impossible for me to get too. I'm so use to eating around 1600-1700 calories a day. This will prove interesting. I'll eat the way they suggest, keep track weekly with my weight and body fat and go from there.

Meals for today:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/ 1/2 c. strawberries & 2 oz. banana (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake w/ 1/2 c. strawberries & 2 oz. banana (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Fudge BSn w/ 1/2 c. oats, 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB, 1 tbsp. flaxseed
M4: 4 oz. low sodium turkey breast on one slice Ezekiel bread; 2 tbsp. raw almonds; peach
M5: 1 cup plain Greek yogurt w/ 1/2 c. sliced pineapple
M6: Chipolte Tilapia; 5 oz. sweet potato; sauteed veggies w/ 2 tsp. parm cheese; watermelon
M7: 2 whole eggs; 2 egg whites; 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese

2068 calories (this count does not include the watermelon, I need to add that in later today.)

54.5 g. fat - 24%
207 g. protein - 40% (target was 201 grams)
190 g. carbs - 37% (target here was 335 grams - yea right!)

The watermelon will add a bit more to my carb intake. I just don't see how on this plan you can even get the carb intake up that high. I'm feel I'm eating way too many carbs now but we shall see.

Debbie - it is wild to see you eating that much! I will be interested in what you think of this rotation. I will wait until I get your verdict!

Take care. Enjoy the carbs!

My eats for today

M1: On whey smoothie
M2: turkey wrap on low carb flat out, cottage cheese, plum
M3: yogurt and plum
M4: turkey wrap on low carb flat out
M5: not sure - hopefully something light at mexican restaraunt - like chicken fajhita

calories 1568
fat 46g 26%
carbs 125g 27%
protein 182.6g 47%

Debbie,

Good gosh...you look like you have been grazing all day long, my friend!!! I bet you do need it though to keep up with the workout...only makes sense to me. I can't wait to see your results as well as my own. This shall be interesting to try. Tomorrow is day 1. Not sure I want to post my weights though for chest. lol.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.