Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mond Jan 14

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

this morning I did P90X+ total body and part of the abs/core. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 408 calories.

Running late............huge BPAL update this morning.......Lupercalia...or Valentine's Day.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is Yoga X!!! I could use some yoga today. My neck is a bit stiff from all the pullups. Maxing out 7 on my own without assistance so by the time I am done, I am doing alot of pullups.
What weights do you all use when doing the Warrior Pose in the Total Body workout?

Lora,

Oh Lawd! Don't tell me this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so broke. Ran out of my Villainess soaps and using Irish Spring now. Egads. I was spoiled then, now I am poor lady. :p

Good Morning
Really sore from last night's workout. B&G legblast premix and ball abs, 4DS Kickbox cardio, Today is cardio and S&H Shoulders
Have a great day ladies
Randi

I was delivering Avon on Friday and got a call from my step mom around 1:30 p.m. saying that she didn't think dad was going to make it and that we needed to get down there. So DH and I raced home, got packed and went up there. He made it through the surgery but the doctor thought he might have had a stroke on the table. He didn't, thank God, so that is a good thing. They went in thinking they had three bipasses to do and it ended up being seven! The aertories going up the front of his neck needed to be unblocked as well but they didn't do it because of the 7 bypasses that he had to endure. So his one aertory is 90% blocked and the other is 50% blocked still. He will probably have to get those taken care of when he recovers from this surgery. He is doing much better and each passing hour he is getting stronger. When I seen him on Friday I just couldn't believe it. What a horrible sight to see. He was green and had all these things coming out of him. But with each passing hour and day he greatly improved. We came home late last night and we are planning on going back this coming weekend. He also has Coronary Aertory Disease which is genetic and this has me very worried. Especially with the heart problems I have had recently. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts!

This morning was supersets and it about killed me. Very intense workout.

2 minutes rest between each set

[font color=green]SS #1[/font]
[font color=indigo]CHEST/BACK[/font]
Weighted Pushups:
10# - 22/20/18 (up from 20/18/18)
superset w/
Overhand Barbell Rows:
67# - 18/18/18 (up 2#)
[font color=blue]***Low back was real tight this morning. Rows were worrying me but I seem to be ok. This superset was tough.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #2[/font]
[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS/QUADS[/font]
Lateral Raise:
17's - 18/18/18 (up 2#)
superset w/
Squats:
85# - 18/18/18 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***Did the squates with elevated heels. Really felt it in my glutes.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #3[/font]
[font color=indigo]BICEPS/TRICEPS[/font]
EZ Preacher Curls:
47# - 17/18/18 (up 2#)
superset w/
Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
37# - 18/18/18 (up 2#)
[font color=blue]***Had a couple of mishaps here. With the first set of preacher curls I thought I had 47# but it was only 32#. I was sitting there going, why is this so easy? Then I realized what I did after the 6th rep. Then when I fixed it, I got to rep 15 and my dh called me on my cell so I got to 17 reps and then quit because I was worried that my phone would go to voice mail. LOL! Oh well... Biceps got a great pump.[/font]

That is all.... I really HATE high reps!

Hope you all have excellent workouts!!!

Morning Maniacs! Today is a lower body workout, not sure which one yet. Leaning towards "leaner legs" or just doing it on my own. I also need to do ab/core +. DH said my abs are looking more defined! That was good. Now, I'm motivated to keep truckin on with these P90+'s.:) I've for sure been feeling it in the core area in a major way.

Char- I used 8's with those warrior lunges and felt a tweak in my shoulders. I'm either going to go down to 5's or even lower, OR I'll just do overhead presses with heavier weight. We'll see next time I do it. What did you use and did they feel kind of ackward to you too?
I might even try the band.

Randi- Great workout!

Lora- Grear workout for you too!

Debbie- How scary for you with your Dad! I'm glad he's improving and I will keep praying for him.

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Deb- I'm really happy that your dad is doing better. You are still in my prayers:) Great workout by the way:)

I ended up doing Step Blast 30 min premix and slow and heavy shoulders. Barely could do cardio my legs hurt!

Debbie,

Glad he is getting better. What alot to go thru. So happy to hear good news.

Bionics,

See, I tried with 8's on those and was like.."oh, hell no". Went down to 5's and still was thinking....maybe not any weights at all. I will see what works for me next time. Also TTOM so my strength was at zero anyways.

Morning Maniacs,

Decided to back off the heavy lifting for a week, so I went with Muscle Max this morning. I just matched Cathe for most part just went up on a few. Again I wasn't looking for a huge challenge, but I was impressed what a burn Cathe can get going!}( I didn't realize my legs were still sore from Friday until she started making do all those low ends.}( It was also my first total body workout in a long time, so I would have to say I am worn out. Also doesn't help that I feel a cold coming!

Debbie - Happy to here your father is doing good. I will definitely keep him in my prayers! Nice to see that I am not the only one that has problems with math in the morning!(read my Saturday post)

Randi - Great workout! You did your cardio before weights? I prefer it the other way.

Lora & Dallys - great workouts, as usual!

Have a great day!
Linda

This morning I did 4Day Split Double Cardio (no Str) the Traceys Step Challenge 2 first section no w/up or str, I then did P90Xplus upper and abs/core. I wore my 1# shoe wts in the abs and added a 10# med ball on the knee raises. I have a doctor appointment this morning so need to hurry.

Charlotte, I use 8# on those warrior swims. I have some exercises that I have dropped the weight on though. Having bad neck pain and headaches since starting this. Those L chin ups are killer. I can only do 4. I think maybe I need to modify and do some pulldowns for some of this.

Debbie, glad to hear your Dad is doing better. Was worried when I didn't see you check in the last couple of days.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

>Bionics,
>
>See, I tried with 8's on those and was like.."oh, hell no".
>Went down to 5's and still was thinking....maybe not any
>weights at all. I will see what works for me next time. Also
>TTOM so my strength was at zero anyways.

Funny, I was waiting for you to say you used 20's or something madly insane like that. LOL! Glad I'm not the only one that felt whimpy at 8's and wanted to go lower. Alot of these moves in these workouts are tough even with low weights.

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hi Linda
I actually like to do weights b/4 cardio expecially with the slow and heavy series so I can concentrate more. I just wanted to get the cardio over with because my legs are so sore! hehe

Diane Sue,

My word...good for you on those warrior ones!!! WOO HOO!

Bionics,

Now I use 20's when you do the squat, bicep curl and overhead together. I could use 25's when I am feeling stronger, but with overhead's I tend to stay around 20 anyways, and with more reps, you naturally have to go lower. I don't hold my leg up with doing the curls though. I want to maximize my curling so I cannot possibly hold my leg up to maximize the curl. I would naturally have to bring the weight down for those. With total body, when you twist with weight. Tony says he has 10's for those. I had 20's!!! Explains why my obliques are sore. lol. I guess we all just use what is right for us. Sadly, I have lost strength in my shoulders, but BACK is coming BACK! lol

Hello all.
Deb he is in my prayers. I am a little shocked that they did not unblock the coroted(spelling) artery 1st. My mom had this done and they would not operate until it was done.They look horrible after surg. Swelled , tubes, and dad still had the breathing tube. He blinked but was out of it.It is a rough surg. The next 9 days are crucial. Pray no strokes.. I am feeling for ya. I know what you are going through..He will probably be on Morphine and not remember much this week..
Remember, they do these every day..They know what they are doing..

I did legs on my own.
Not feeling anything with p90 x legs..
I think i just don't like that it is all push ups and pull ups..
I am gonna throw it in here and there, but i am just not a p90x lover. Oh well. TEHO..
3 sets 12
I did deadlifts. 60#
Squats 55# 60 was heavy lifting over head
Plea squats 55#
Side lunges 20#
Static lunges 55#
Band leg raises
Back band leg raises.
Leg press on the soloflex( i hate that thing) 160#
100 crunches on the bosu( feel these more)
I ordered sts.. GS workouts are my fav still..
Hope they are similar.
I like the 4ds also.

Was going to do cardio, but i am soaked here. I think i got my cardio in here. LOL doing legs..

Have a great day all. It is snowing...

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Hi Ladies!

This morning I did legs (just like last week but w/o the walking lunges) and biceps and triceps. NO CARDIO!!! I'm getting warmed up for my cycling training. I'm going to have to lift legs twice a week so I figure I better get used to it. I'm going to have to go a little bit lighter though, darn it! But since I promised to listen to my coach (DH), I'll do it. He's going to have me doing squats, leg extentions and leg curls. For one month I'll have to ride for only 45 minutes with my HR at 155 (he said 150, I balked so he said 155) 3 days a week - or did he say 2, hmmm...I better check. I guess the other days I can do CC. So that's kind of going backwards on my cardio intensity-wise, but I promised. :) And it's only a month. And then I'll be kicking it up anyway and then I'll be sorry! He says I have to build that cycling base. And I want to be better, faster and stronger this year.

Debbie - Wow, that's so scary about your dad. I'm so glad he pulled through that. He sounds like a real fighter. I'm glad that he's doing better. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Diane Sue - Do you think that P90X+ has been giving you the headaches? That's a bummer. I need to try those ab moves though, hanging off of my pullup bar.

Dallys - So you've got some motivation now with those abs? Nice!

Back to work for me! Great workouts everyone, as usual. You all blow me away!

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Deb,

Glad to hear your dad pulled through the surgery. You'll be in my thoughts.

I just wanted to say on the pull ups and chins that I'm going to do the "pull downs" with our weight machine. My hubby said it works the same area as if I were pulling myself up. He said I could do that long enough to get stronger to do the pull ups and chins. Cause to be really honest here, I can't do any of those by myself! He had to assist me with all of them last week. My rotation calls for Upper Body and abs again. I love the ab work he does! I can feel it, I'm actually still sore from this w/o, so that's good something is working!

Have great w/o's everyone!

Hi everyone.

Debbie - Glad to hear your dad is doing good, I will keep both of you in my prayers.

Today I did 4ds chest, shoulders and tris premix, 4ds kickbox then Tracy's core conditioning workout.

Gotta run.

Have a great day everyone.

I am back from the doctor. I had my foot x rayed and have a small heel spur. I guess from my plantar fasiitis. I have been laying off of so much impact. But then tomorrow is Interval X plus.

Suz, I definitely think the new workouts are causing headaches. I didn't have one this morning since yesterday was a rest day. By the time I was done with the workout my neck was feeling it clear up the back of the head and now I have the headache:( I ran right in and took some aspirin and lay used my foam roller on my back. You don't roll on your neck so I laid on it and turned my head some and then did some neck stretches. I think it helped a little because it is not as bad as last week.

Sandy, pulldowns are what I used when I did the original P90X the first time. They worked great.

Charlotte, I knew you would blow me away with those biceps:) I have done 20's on some of the moves for biceps but most of it I am at 15's. It does sort of make me feel wimpy when I know I usually go heavier than this. These are tough.

Anne, I hear you on the lower body. I ended using the Bowflex on Saturday and doing lower body and adding Amy's 10 min solution lower body segment with the band. I think you hit lower in a lot of the moves squating down with the weight and stuff but it is only enough to maybe keep them toned to me.

Diane Sue - That's crazy! You know, you work out to better your health and now heel spurs and neck pain and headaches. Oh my! :) But if it wasn't that it would be more serious things that we don't even want to think of, right? The bursitis in my hip has been so bad lately that it's even making it hard to sleep. That rarely happens. I know it's too much time spent doing CC's on the elliptical. All of those hill climbs are finally taking their toll. I guess it's good I'll be spending more time on the bike. Darn age!!! :p I'm glad your headache is a bit better.

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz, I guess that is part of life:) My Dr. said she would not tell me to quit working out. Last time I visited her for a physical she said she had plantar fasciitis too. She is into exercising. I don't think quite like what I do though. More cardio and yoga classes.
You need it for your health.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.