Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mon Sept 10

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did my Jillian's Frontside book circuit. Workout was 63" long and I burned 366 calories. My HRM wasn't working right again.

I've still got this lousy headache. I might take a Zomig before I leave for work. I won't be back until this evening.

Have great workouts.

Morning ladies..
How are we today..
Going to do abs. I am trying the new one(tracys). Don't know if i will make it, but gonna give it a shot.
The abs are suffering right now. Haven't worked them really good in a while. I was afraid to over do, but it is time..

MAde a big decision here. Time to really hit the diet hard..
No wine. I think it is my problem..Couple glasses at night i think are killing my goals, so i can do with out.
Look out Char, i am right behind you..

If i buy a Bosu am i going to get enough use out of it? It looks like i can do alot of abs on it also. May save my back bone. How about planks using it?My elbows kill me on them even with a towel.

Advise from the knowlegable..

I wish i could figure out his color thingy..
Well, gotta hit the atourneys and the city for the rezoning. I shall know in 4-6 weeks..Meeting the artchitect today.
1st bid was way too high. I almost choked and it did not cover the tap ins or paving and sidewalks.I was told 65-85 a square foot. This guy was 98.
This is a poorer area. Not like near the beaches or Cities..
Fingers crossed.I am checking a few more.
Off to the basement..I cannot type today..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Hi Ladies
Legs are sore today!! I will be doing KM low impact premix and Supersets upper body premix.
Lora a a great first day at work!!:)
Anne you really have to give up wine at night? I thought just one glass of maybe red wine would be good for you. I saw the outline of your salon in your PT, very nice!
Off to workout
BBL
Randi

This is my last week of the 8 week rotation I made up. I think after this week I'll take a week off from lifting and just do cardio a couple times with some ab work mixed in. Then I'll start another program similar to what I've just done.

This morning I worked Chest & Tri's. I was going to do cardio but my legs are sore from yesterday's workout. Glutes, hammies & calves - very sore! Woo hoo!

[font color=indigo]Chest[/font]
1:30 minutes rest between everything
Barbell Bench Press:
85# - 12 (up 10#)
105# - 8 reps (up 10#)
115# - 6/6/6 (same)
95# - 10
[font color=blue]***VERY happy with my benching. I should have tried 120# but I chickened out.[/font]

Incline Barbell Press:
85# - 10
105# - 6/6/6 (up 5#)
85# - 10
[font color=blue]***VERY happy with this as well. I feel real strong with the inclines.[/font]

Decline Dumbbell Press:
45's - 7/6/6 (up 5#)
35's - 12
[font color=blue]***The 45's were easy to get into position but very hard to get out of position. LOL! Abs worked overtime to get myself back up.[/font]

[font color=indigo]Triceps[/font]
1:30 minutes rest between everything
Close Grip Barbell Press:
80# - 10
90# - 6/6/6
80# - 8
[fotn color=blue]***I'm very happy with this exercise as well. I was stuck at 85# for a while. Love progress![/font]

Overhead Dumbbell Extensions:
35# - 12
40# - 10
45# - 8
35# - 12
[font color=blue]***Did a pyramid here but kept the 1:30 min. rest in between. These felt good.[/font]

That is all!

Have kick ass workouts you all! :)

Good Morning, today I am doing the longest of Amy Bento's APX/HLX circuit premixes. I think it leaves out back though so I may do back and abs tomorrow. One day this week I am hoping to get motivated to do The Pit upper body workout. I know it has loads of burpees, and push ups which I don't care for but would probably be good for me.

Anne, on the Double Cardio Dvd I have with bosu blast, Seasun does planks with hands on the flat side of the bosu, this could probably be done on elbows as well. She does a variety of moves. Also the seated work is good on the dome side. Takes a lot of stability to balance on your rear LOL. I am sure your ould find it useful. I am not sorry at all that I finally purchased one. I used to worry that it would just sit here.

Lora, good luck with the new job. Hopefully the Zomig helps.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Worked biceps/triceps this morning and abs later this evening.

Concentration Curls 40# db's 8/6/6
Zottman Curls 30# dbs's 8/8/8
Cheat Curls 75# 15x's

Tricep Ext off Smith Machine 60# 3 sets/10
Dips 3 sets/12
Overhead 35's 3 sets/8

Off to work with no makeup and dirty house. EGADS!!!!! HEEELLLPPPP!!!

O.k. back on track this week!!

workout was 70min: yoga, BM2 step section, & Butts and Gutts bonus abs.:7 :7

Need to focus more on diet...don't want to be a cow coming home:+

You all have a great day

Ended up doing Supersets upperbody blast premix and MM abs and cardio conditioning from KPC. Hope you all have a great day:)
Randi

Morning Maniacs!

Finished my Turbulance training workout, HIIT, 6 min. abs and a stretch. I'm loving these TT workouts! Get in-Get out! Love it!
I was sore all weekend!

3 sets of each superset

*Romanian deadlifts-6x35's
*incline DB press-8x25's (thinking of Debbie and her #105! OY!)

*Pullups-9/7/6 (light assist)
*Bulgarian split squats 8x25's (these make my butt sore for days!)

Total workout was maybe 50 min. tops!

Check back later...work calls...

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif [font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hi Debbie,

I was wondering if you ever share your personal rotations that you have written. As you know I have done all the ones you have written using Cathe, but I am getting bored and looking to mix things up! I have already bought a treadmill and some new cardio tapes, but now I need new weight routines. I know her new split is coming, but still looking for more.

Linda

Wow, I have time to do some personals for a change.

Lora - Hope that headache eases, girl. You've had it for way too long.

Anne - Good luck with your diet. That is the HARDEST part! I should post what I eat every day. You guys would die!

Randi - Nice workout girl! Love MM!

Linda - I'll share any of them. The ones I'm doing I always post on here. You could always just follow along. I have all of them on Word on my computer. I could send any of them out to you. Just let me know.

Diane Sue - I haven't done an Amy Bento workout in ages. Do you like her workouts? Something about her bugged me when I was doing her stuff there for a while.

Char - Excellent workout! Those Zottmans are smokin', girl! Nice weights for those!

Lisa - Great workout! Wow! I need to do B&G ab work again soon.

Dallys - Great workout too! Nice job on the pullups!

Hello Ladies!

This morning it was rainy, windy and cold so I chose to stay inside and do Bootcamp. I wanted some cardio, weights and abs. I know it's not a lot of cardio, but I figured it was better than no cardio and I wanted to get to work earlier and I didn't get up early enough to do an hour of cardio and an hour of weights and I REALLY needed to get some weight work in so there you have it. :)

Great workouts everyone.

Lora, I hope your first day was fabulous and I also hope you are finally rid of that migraine. Maybe it's just the stress of starting a new job.

Back to work for me.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Got my workout in finally. I started with Amy's HLX/APX premix great circuit. It said 118 min on the dvd but it came out to be 1 hr 52 min.. I did not do the core and stretch. Instead I did CTX Power Circuit cardio and lower circuit and then Amys Stretch and Abs Str #1. Had to go run errands and grocery shop.

Debbie, I think Amy Bento's newer workouts are much better than her original one. All Pump Extreme has some unique ways of hitting things and the core work is excellent IMO. I am really looking forward to her new ones she is filming. It is Slo Mo and is slow heavier weight lifting. She adds in some different equipment but usually shows substitutions.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Finally home from work.........and pleased to report that I had the best First Day on a Job ever. Even the girl who was teaching me went into the office manager this afternoon to tell her what a good job I was doing. Don't get me wrong, it's an awful lot of work and I'm not sure I'll be able to do it all in one day, but I was nervous about learning it for nothing, as it's nothing I can't handle and I expected it to be much harder. The office runs very organized (must be true that the Office Manager is a good manager -- which is what my first impression of her was). The people are all extremely nice and professional. Worst part of the day was not drinking enough water or eating enough......but re: the food part - maybe I'll finally lose weight.

Not sure if anyone's around this late........but I'm just getting ready to relax for the evening.

ETA: forgot to mention what I did this morning to my poor cats. I was so nervous about leaving and left something at home and had to run back in the house......when I left....I left the Infared alarm on in the inside of the house and one of the cats set it off and my DH came home to the alarm going off and it's LOUD!! The babies didn't know what was going on. Poor babies.

Lora,

Glad to hear your job went well. I didn't know you had a job yet. I know I haven't been around much. My job is going fine, but I refuse to be a crew leader and come in on my days off for deadbeats, but feel the manager is still crossing the line with me as he has me "filling in" for now. If he takes advantage of me and forces me to be a crew leader without the pay, I will tell him. The pay is only a buck more and believe me, is not worth it for all the trouble I have already been witnessing. My life needs to be balanced.

Hope your kitties adjust. Oh how I love cats. Wished I had a few more instead of space cadet poodles that I just don't want anyhow. Thrown on me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.