Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mon Nov 13

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Amy Bento All Pump Extreme Legs & Core Premix. The DVD stated this premix was 55"....but it took me 75" minutes to complete?? I did pause a few times to get my band or weight adjusted ...but it didn't equal that long of a time!! I wasn't expecting that. This was a good premix. Started out with multijoint weights segment and moved into 2 large sets of legs followed by core. We did one legged balance squats, hack squats, curtsy/side lunge combos and more. The core work is done standing with a dumbbell and then she goes to the floor and does plank walks with pike ups with gliding discs, as well as plank, side plank and crab combo followed by slide outs with the gliding discs on our hands (this may have strained by shoulders). I wore my HR monitor and burned 430 calories. My HR stayed moderately elevated throughout. I actually enjoyed this workout a little.......I hate to say that....cuz I really hate to work my legs. My legs are fatigued.

I had planned in my head what I wanted to accomplish this week with working out and had my mind set.......and then I remembered I have a doctor's appt Wed and I can only work out for 20-25 minutes on Wed. Now I'm all screwed up!

The movie yesterday was pretty good. We saw Harsh Times with Christian Bale (a buffed up Christian Bale -- I might add). It was a really wild flick....I'm not sure many of you hear would like it. It was nonstop action and Christian did an excellent job portraying a really different character.

Ughhhhhhh....Monday and I feel like I just left that place!

I'll try to check in from work later. Have great workouts.

Diane Sue - I didn't want to bother you with another question, but I can't decide what I should do this week since this doctor's appt is interfering with my workout schedule. If I only have 25 minutes to workout....and my only other weight day is Friday (when I have about 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes). What would you suggest? I will do cardio on Tues and Thurs for sure. I like to do cardio and yoga on the weekends and keep my weight work on Mon, Wed and Fridays. Thanks in advance.

Good Morning Maniacs!!

Today I will just be working out shoulders. I have done cardio three days in a row so far.

I got to get out of this house. I am climbing the walls. Very bored.

Charlotte~~

Char- how does your body feel with all that cardio, after a few weeks away from it? Good for you. Have a nice day out and about!

Lora- sounds like yet another good WO!

So i totally cheesed out on my WO yesterday. I stared at my BB for 20 min last night and wound up painting my finger and toe nails instead!
I had planned on doing it during my kids nap, in the afternoon, but I got a phone call from my best friend from the miiltary who is in GA right now, and he 3 wayed in another friend out in Cali, and we all wound up talking for 2 hours. It was Really nice, I miss them SOOO much. Then I had to go shopping for food. Oh well, no biggie.

I have NO idea what WO to do today. I am struggling to wake up over here.

Have a great day everyone.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Diane Sue - I just thought of something. I can do one of those Barrys Bootcamp short aerobics on Wed cuz they have plyo in them....but then should I do a total body workout on Friday or upper body and lying leg work??? I'm on a mission and this doctor appt. is interfering.

Hi Megadoo & Charlotte and everyone to follow.

Morning ladies.
I have some doms in my chest. Yes!!!It feels good. Arm is a tiny bit sore but, not majorly, so ,oh well.The weights felt soooo good.
If i could move the couch down there i would have so much more room.
DH won't part w it.

Plan on cardio and abs tonite, since i did total body yesterday.
I am probably gonna work on the body max so i can get the cardio premix down. Either that or low max.

Removing the matts made a hige difference with the cardio. I can jump.I was cushing into them too much. I am liking step much better now.

Meag, shsme , shame...HEHE.MAybe you needed a day off.
Mail today, Char.
Lora, good w/o. You do alot of different stuff.

Dallys, recipie please..
Later, bath time.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

This morning I did my third workout using negatives. I think I'm going to do this for 8 to 12 weeks. I like it, but its kind of boring. LOL! I really feel it, though, my upper body is still shaking. Went heavier and it felt better then the last times I've done this.

This is what I did:
Close Grip Chin Ups: 5/3/2 (this was REALLY hard using the negatives on the way down)
Decline DB Chest Press: 35's 10/4/3 reps
Bent Over Overhand Rows: 55# 11/5/4 reps
DB Shoulder Press: 20's 10/4/4 (these were HARD!)
Overhead DB Tricep Extensions: 35# 8/4/3

Then I did the ab work from Butts & Gutts - this was a good ab workout, really felt it and I liked using the ankle weights with it.

Workout was 52 min., I was in my zone for only 17 min. and burned 196 calories. I definitely liked the calorie burn from full body workouts better. I'll go back to that when I'm done with this, its nice for a change.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Hello

Lora Great job with your workout this morning!

Megadoo I hope you have a great workout!

Charlotte Your arms look awesome!

Today I might do either KPC or Cardio Fusion premix cant decide.
I want to get pictures on here and I have no idea how:(
I dont know if I can I dont have any special equipment.
I am off today yeah!!!!!
Talk to ya later
Randi

I don't know if you ladies will find this as funny as I did....but I just talked to the DH. I'm really depressed today and can't snap out of it......so in talking to him, I said "tell me to cheer up" and he said....I can't cuz I feel the same way. Then he said "don't worry - it will all be over before you know it".....to which I replied....what do you mean, work or my life? He laughed and said ...well, both!! For some reason I found this amusing! I know I'm a little disturbed!

Why do leg workouts make you so famished?????

Megadoo - Don't worry about cheesing out....just throw in your Rainbeau Mars DVD and give your body a little TLC & a toe kiss!! LOL!! I can't remember how GH ended on Friday, but I know it's getting good.....so at LEAST I have that to look forward to later. That's the only thing I like about the work week!!

Hey Maniacs! Today is Plyo X and another short cardio. I think I will do TJ fat blaster.

Lora-
You are burning some good calories! I rarely burn more than 300 in a hour. Maybe I'll wear my heartrate monitor doing plyo today. Probably only burn a couple hundred. LOL! That is funny, that what you DH said, actually cheered you up alittle. :)

Char-
I need to get out of the house too. I work at home, so it seems I never leave. This week will be ultra bad, as I won't have a car. I just might go nuts!

Meg-
How nice you got to talk to your friends from the military. That's way more important than your workout.:) I like the little japenese girl at the salon to do my toenails. LOL! I can't afford that very often, but it's sure alot better than I do myself.

Anne-
I have a little note here, reminding me to get you that recipe. I'll get it in sometime today.:)

Debbie-
About how long of count are you doing on the negatives? I want to try it on Pull-ups. I'll probably only get in 1. LOL! I have a good little rythmn going when I do them now.

Randi-
What equipment do you have for pictures? Maybe you have all you need. I think all you need is your USB cord that comes with the camera. I'd love to see some pics!

Well, off for some cardio.

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Megadoo - I actually kiss the air right by my toe....not my toe...but I always giggle when she does that. I like that she makes me laugh - since I don't do that often enough!

I actually just remembered I'm going to have a Buckcherry Thanksgiving and now I'm cheered up just a smidge!!

Bionics,

I will be like Jack Nicholson in the Shining soon. Just kidding!
As soon as 4 packages come in the mail today, I will be o.k. lol.
I just got a call from dd's friends mom. DD's friend is 18. A grown woman. Mom is freaking out that she wants to come down here for Thanksgiving to visit my dd. They have been friends since dd was 10 and dd hasn't seen her in 3 years. So I talk to mom. I can understand where she is coming from with her daughter's whereabouts, etc.. Her mom knows me though. I am not a stranger. She has met our entire family. So she ends the call by saying that...you better take care of my daughter...WTH??? BETTER?? So now I am seething. Didn't expect that.
Charlotte~~

Just finished doing TJ Fat Blaster with weighted gloves. That is such a fun workout. It's a great one for only 30 min.

Char-
WOW! This lady is pycho! Her daughter is 18 for crying out loud. Her saying *You better take care of my daughter!* is terrible. What a b#$^%%!! Hope it works out ok and your daughter and her have a good time.

Lora-
Glad you are somewhat cheered up.:)
~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Bionics,

Her mom has always been alittle on the mean side. Very controlling. Like me, but in a different way! LMAO!

Lora,

Bathsheba or Athens? I cannot decide. I am selecting more GC samples. I read the reviews and got to narrow it down. HELP!

Charlotte~~

Dallys - between 5 and 8 counts. For chins I did it close to 8 counts. This is how I started out training for chins to build strength so it was quite easy for me. I feel so light doing chins anymore, its baffling.

Charlotte- I remember Athens having something in it I didn't care for ....can't quite remember the note. I might if I read the description. I love Bathsheba....but you won't like it unless you like carnation. I love carnation.

Dallys- I don't always get good calorie burns lifting. These new Amy's seem to keep my HR higher and whenever I workout for that long....I usually get much better readings. I remember days I did Plyo X and hardly burned anything. I have to look back at my exercise log.....but I know it was low sometimes. I think the Core section in Amy's makes your HR climb also. I really am liking the new ones. I felt the core work more today than the first time I did it. Those walking planks to pike ups with the gliding discs were good...really felt those!!

I decided to do Cardio fusion the whole thing. It is so awesome;)
Did anyone order the peacock collection from Bare Essentials? If so let me know how you like it.

I'm going to eat lunch now i'm starving. Made some good baked chicken with brown rice yummy
Have a good day
Randi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.