Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mon May 14

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Cathe's PUB followed by Pilates Abs Quicfix and Xflowsion Audio Crosstraining CD. Workout was 1 hour and 45 minutes and I burned about 430-450 calories. I matched Cathe's weights on all but biceps and some of it did not feel heavy enough. I will up it next time.

This Xlfowsion Audio was good. It had a mix of yoga, punching sequences and kicking sequences with squats and more finishing yoga poses. Got the HR up a bit and I liked the music A LOT.

Deb - I saw all of those movies you said you saw lately and I liked most of them too. If you see anything great like The Invisible again at the theatre, please let me know, as sometimes we pick movies to see on the time playing so we miss some good stuff. Yes, Jax's brother had plastic surgery to change his face so he is pretty much unrecognizable. I think, so far, the only people that have seen him on the show are the ones that he is using for his evil plan. Alexis never saw him. I don't think she was one of the hostages .....maybe I'm wrong. Carly's gonna let loose on him though....can't wait for that.

Diane Sue - thanks for the salad info. I think I'll try that salad this week. I can handle 100 calories for dressing...but usually don't like to go over that. Mmm....chocolate cake. I went on a bit of an iced sugar cookie binge after Easter....but finally stopped! Sweets are definitely my problem, as well as carbs cuz I'm so picky with food. I never did find that Kashi Pilaf stuff. Do you think I could get it online somewhere? I really need it now...since my Mom is laid up and we won't be eating at her house a few nights a week like we used to.

Well....gotta run. Have to stop at Mom's and then I'm going up to the hospital. Hopefully she'll see the Orthopod today so we can find out how long she's going to need to be in inpatient rehab. My Mom hit the ground so hard when she fell that she not only knocked the wind out of herself, but she blacked out too.....so I don't think this is really one of those "fragile old lady breaks". She's 78, but she's pretty healthy. Still cuts her grass and works part time. That's what's gonna be so tough about her being laid up. She's very independent.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good morning, today is my 9th week of the M&F rotation. It will be chest, triceps and abs with 3 minute rests. That seems like a long time to take rests. I am not very good at resting. Maybe I should dust the workout room or something LOL. I will do cardio as well. It will be a busy week for me. I have a dentist appointment Thursday morning so will have to alter my workouts some to get it all in. I may do Thursdays leg workout on Wednesday.

Lora, I think if you check the locater on their website that you can order the pilaf. http://www.kashi.com/ My Dad is very active and about the same age as your Mother. He still seems to get injuries easier. He works on cars, builds decks, takes care of neighbors yards and property. I think sometimes it is hard for them to realize that they are a older. I think it is good for them to stay active though. This second link will take you to the place to order the pilaf and give the nutritional info. http://www.kashi.com/ourfood/7WholeGrainFoods/KashiPilaf/Default.aspx

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Today was Chest and Back with supersets. This rotation gets more intense as the weeks progress. I am seriously thinking about not doing the last two weeks, it's brutal and I'm wondering if I need to rest a week before continuing with it. Not sure yet, I will decide after this week.

Did this workout with 1:30 rest periods between supersets.

Barbell Bench Press: 95#
superset w/
Dumbbell Rows: 30's
4 sets/6 reps

Incline Dumbbell Press: 40's
superset w/
Barbell Rows: 65#
4 sets/8 reps

Decline Dumbbell Flye: 30's
superset w/
Pullovers: 40#
3 sets/10 reps

Only took 45 minutes but that was ok with me. Was wiped out.

Lora - Yes, Alexis saw Craig. She likes him I think. He found her passed out in the park a few weeks back, remember? She knows Jerry, but obviously she doesn't recognize him as Craig.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Morning ladies,and maniacs...

How was everyone's mothers day???

I did nothing, really.Was relaxing after the chasing the grandson at Sams club. He is so bad in public. DH wanted to go to Smokey Bones and i said no way. He will embarass me... He won't sit...Why is he so cute at home and so bad in the stores...????? He was screamin Paaaapppppyyy in the store. people were just laughing..It was funny...

I will not take my Dh shopping again. If he asked me one more time . Do we need that , i was going to smack him. I got mad and said we don't need anything. Starve.He thinks everything is big, but forgets he eats for a family of 5 himself.
A man that will eat most of a huge pan of stir fry with 4 chicken breasts for dinner and says do we need it??? DUH<<< who eats everything??? in site then heads for the snacks.

Well, Sat i did super sets at the gym 1 hr 30 in for total body. It wasn't buisy which was nice..I was a little sore Sunday,and tried Drill Max.. Well, mistake... I made it 1/2 way through and quit .Should have done LIC. I was hurting too bad... Then i did 30 minutes of ab hits..

May do cardio and abs today...I will decide...
Then i want to start the rotation. I left it at work.
So, tomorrow...

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Morning Maniacs! I went Mt. Bike riding on Saterday and Sunday. Today I did Slim Series "Mix it up". I'm switching my rotation to Slim Series for now. I felt my other rotation was not working my legs enough and that is what I need most right now. I was also only getting in 2 weight workouts a week and that wasn't enough, but 3 made it to hard with the Mt. Biking.

Lora- Sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope she gets better fast.

Diane Sue- I remember when Debbie had those 3 min. rests. Dusting might be a good idea. LOL!

Debbie- I think a week or 2 rest might be good. Then you could finish out the hard part after with more energy. Or just not do it. Some of these rotations get so extreme towards the end. I wonder if it's nessasary.

Anne- I don't know why some kids act up in public. It's so frustrating and embarrassing. LOL! Glad you got some time at the gym without it being to crowded.

Gotta run....

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - I totally agree with you. This one is unreal. Had I read it carefully through I would have decided not to even do it. The third week consists of tri sets which I think I can do, but the fourth week is giant sets. Like for instance on back day you do 6 exercises in a row with a 3 minute break and then do it again. I'm not so sure my low back can handle all that. I may just stop after the third week. Your Mt. bike riding always sounds like so much fun!

Debbie-6 exercises for just back does sound like it might be to much. Maybe you could shorten it somehow. Take out a couple of exersices. Maybe altertate the ones you take out the next week. Sometimes I even think once some of these rotationsy start getting into 4 sets, it's too much, at least for more than a week or 2.
Mt. Biking is so much fun, but it's also very tough at times. It definitely works the whole body. That's why I'm having such a hard time lately with doing rotations. If I go on a hard bike ride, I don't want have much energy to do a weight workout the next day and if I do a weight workout I don't have enough energy to ride.

Today I did Kimberly Spreen's Absolutely Kick Box premix intervals so I could use my new bodybar:), then I did the M&F rotation. Took and hour and 4 minutes, then I did the ab segment from Kelley Coffey's step box since I was previewing it and finished with Tracey Sweatfest sculpt belly blaster and stretch.

M&F rotation
bench press 70# 12 reps 3 sets
incline dumbbell press 35# dumbbells 8 reps 3 sets
incline dumbbell flye 25#dumbbells 12 reps 3 sets
cable crossover using bowflex 30# 12 reps 3 sets
triceps dip 75# 12 reps 3 sets
triceps pressdown bowflex 100# 10 reps 3 sets
seated overhead dumbbell extension 25#12reps 1 set, 35# 10 rep 2sets
incline reverse crunch 15# med ball 15 reps 3 sets
cable crunch kneeling bowflex 170#20rep 1 set, 190# 20rep 2 sets
crunch bowflex resisted 120# 20 reps 3 sets

Dallys, I dusted the moldings and plantation shutters in the workout room between sets. No time wasted here :D

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Great workout, Diane Sue!! Smokin'!!

Dallys, I'm going to rethink week four. It actually looks fun, but very intense. I never turn down a challenge but I don't want to get injured in the process either.

Where's Char???

Lora, I'm glad you can see the end of the tunnel. Please do take care of yourself, and give your Mom a hug from us.

I spent 3 hours of heavy digging in the garden, please tell me I did my workout today. Tell the truth. I'm hoping I did, but if you think I should do more, I need to know this.

Diane Sue, you have a great w/o. Take the rests required in your w/o, I bet you'll need it.

Debbie, are you starting to burn out? Perhaps a little easier for a week. What do you think?

Ann, I hope you have a better day today. Take care.

Dallys, what is slim series?

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Debbie- Yeah, it's hard to turn down a good challenge. It's very rewarding if you finish. I know you'll do fine with it.}( You'll know what to do, if it's starts to be to much.

Diane Sue- Nice you got some house work in with the workout.;) Great workout by the way.

Janie- Slim Series is a Beachbody workout series. They are the advanced version of Slim in 6. They are very high rep and very low weight (5-8 lbers). They are deceptively hard. I've used them before and they are great for leg and gut de-fattening in a hurry. LOL! You won't build any muscle here, but you'll see the muscles you "have" better in 4-6 weeks.:) Another reason I like them (and why alot don't) is that all the workouts are repetitive and very similar. The music is iffy and there is next-to-nothing in equipment. Just a couple dumbells and a band. I call them my non-thinking workouts. No brain required. But they give great results (for me) in a short amount of time. Plus, I like Debbie Seibers the instructor alot. I'm hoping the lighter weights will work good with my bike riding and not wear me out like the heavier weights have been doing.

Hey Girls!!!

Busy as heck! Went and applied at the Holiday Inn for front desk and so I can work evenings. Got a interview on Wednesday..ta da! Crossing fingers. I pretty much spent all day in town applying for jobs.

I worked out yesterday to the total body rotation that fitness freaky did up for me some time ago..

Trying to remember what I did....

3 sets/12 pushups
incline db presses with 25's 3 sets/12
upright rows with 20's and then dropped to 15's cuz I had to remember I am doing 12 reps..not 8 or 10..I was hurting. lol
plie squats with 110 3 sets/12
reverse lunges with 110 3 sets/12
ab ripper x
tricep dips 2 sets 30
barbell curls 60# 3 sets/12

Today I obviously did not have time to workout, but that is o.k. because for some reason my left knee is very sore as I am thinking it was from last bike ride up steepest hill and I did put my gear down..ya'll know I like to toast it..I think I crippled it too. lol

I wish I could chat more..maybe tomorrow. Keep looking lovely and working out fiercely.

Charlotte~~

I'll check out the Slim Series, sounds like something I might need while I am gardening. Does any of Cathe's w/o do? Perhaps the circuit ones?

If I purchase anymore w/o's I think my DH will get mad at me. I need to justify purchases sometimes. But that is a good thing for me. If it wasn't for my DH I'd be buying all kinds of w/o's and wouldn't have time to do any of them. That would be a waste of money. And he is a furgal man.

Thanks for sharing,

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Hey Maniacs! Having some of Dh left-over Potato Salad from yesterday. Dh says it's "Doctored" (meaning...Lot-O-Mayo) so, I'm only having a small amount. He made smoked pork ribs-to-die-for for his whole family yesterday. Oy!

Janie- I can't think of any of Cathe's workouts that are like Slim Series. Slim Series use such light weight, that you can do the weight workouts back-to-back without over-training. That's where the fat burning comes from. If you have Karen Voights "Great weighted workout" That is very similar. Also, The weighted workouts from the Turbo Jams are similar but not as advanced. You could do Cathe's circuit workouts and get a good fatburning going on, but you'd want to put a day without weights (maybe a gardening day) inbetween. I like that idea too. I know gardening is not easy, so I'm sure you could use that as part of a rotations activity.

Char- I hope you get that job. It sounds like a good one. You could get us all a room and we could come see the "Toasty" up close and personal. LOL! Looks like you had a great workout and be careful with that knee.

Bionics,

BTW, thanks for the lovely "foot" email. I always wanted my foot to look so beautiful like that:p :+ :7 OUCH!

Yeah, would be a wild night..all of us hardcores. I feel like I am being sent off to prison though. Haven't worked outside of the home in awhile and will miss doing my own thing, but money is always a good thing to have as well so I keep telling myself this.

Charlotte~~

Janie- I think the 3 hrs of heavy gardening has got to count for something. I don't think our bodies no the difference of a big bag of potting soil from a dumbell, or digging in hard soil from a bent over row, lunge or oblique twist. Really, it's all about being active and enjoying life.:) You're out there working out and having a ball doing it. Be as active as you can outside while the weather allows... At least that's how I feel about it.:) I'll probably do the "Great weighted workout" in place of some of my "Slim Series" for the variety. I just recieved the New "Slim Series Express" today, so I'll be adding them in too. I'll eventually get back to heavier weights in a month or 2.

Just got home from the hospital and running errands for Mom. Hopefully she is getting transported to an inpatient Rehab facility tomorrow afternoon. Talked her into trying a half of a Darvocet N100 (she can't take pain medicine...super sensitive) and it made her lightheaded..so she said she'd rather take regular Tylenol. I don't know how that woman does it.......she is much tougher than me!!

Toasty - did you just go apply places or did you see advertised jobs? Good luck with the Hotel job. I'm wearing Dark Delacacies today! Mmmm...smells good. Love this one.

Diane Sue - thanks for the link. I'll check it out now. My heavy bag hangs from the celing in the basement and goes flying when you kick it. I still kick it though. I've always wanted the actual kickboxing ones in the sand stand (or whatever it's called). How did you like the weight of your bar with your Spreen kickbox? was it enough?

Deb - I can't remember Alexis seeing Jax's brother. I dunno what's going on. Maybe it will make sense today? I'm trying to get my Mom hooked on GH since she's going to be "laid up" in rehab for a while. We had it on when we were visiting her earlier, but we couldn't hear it. Lulu's part has been getting pretty big lately. I bet you're happy about that. I know you like her.

If i forgot anyone........sorry......I'm gonna try to check my emails and go do a Classical Stretch workout before I watch GH.

Deb, watch yourself. Injury is not worth it.
Janie, i like Karen Voits Great weighted w/o . It is light reps, but oes on forever....
I did lomax today and abs...
I haven't done it in a while and i really like that one...

Char, good luck girl.

Gotta get back to work..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Toasty- Wasn't that email sick? Anyways, I hear you on the ball and chain. I work for myself and every time I think of getting a "real" job, I start to panic and hyper ventilate. I hate asking people for days off and such. But, money talks and we all need more of it. Maybe the job will be fun and you'll have great people to work with. That's the thing I don't have. I get lonely all by myself. I like to BS with people. I'm good at that. :p

Anne- I like Low Max too. I burn alot of cals. on that one. I know about the injury thing. I overdid it not to long ago and got injured. It wasn't worth it. Still paying for it months later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.