Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mon June 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Gym Style Chest & Triceps. I only burned 176 calories. I wanted to add on some cardio and yoga, but no time for that today, as I have to clean and run errands and also have a late morning dental appintment to get my TMJ splint adjusted. I also need to start getting used to not doing my yoga daily, as I won't be able to do daily yoga when I go back to work.

Have great workouts everyone. Off to eat my oatmeal and then clean.

Good Morning, today starts my last week of the Muscle & Fitness rotation. I will be doing chest triceps and abs. I think it is slow and heavy 5 rep sets. I will be doing cardio as well. I think my mouth is better this morning. Maybe the antibiotic is kicking in. I took an 800 mg tablet of Motrin last night and slept all night:)

Lora, good luck with your dentist appointment. Have fun cleaning.

Hi to everyone,
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

This morning was extended sets doing Legs. I changed it up a bit because it worries me to go real heavy with squats and deadlifts because of my low back. Instead of doing 3 sets of 5 reps I did 3 sets of 8 reps and then added a tri-set after the extended set. This is what I did and used 2 minutes rest:

3 sets/10 reps
Squats: 85#
followed by
Static Lunges: 70#
followed by
Elevated Deadlifts: 40#
followed by
Hamstring Curls: 45#

Then I added (3 sets/10 reps):
Plie Squats: 75#
followed by
Leg Extensions: 60#
followed by
Front Lunges: 40#

Then I did the calf work from GS Legs and the stretch from GS Legs.

My legs are JELLO!!!

Diane Sue - What will you be doing after this rotation?

Hope you all have great workouts!

Just curious... what kind of equipment do you use for your leg workout? I just use a barbell but can't seem to lift more that 50 pounds over my head to get it to my shoulders without feeling like I'm going to hurt myself. Love your rotations by the way.

Laura

Hey Maniacs! Today will be a weight workout of some kind. Will think on it while I take my morning walk.

Lora- good luck at the dentist.

Diane Sue- Glad you slept well and your mouth is feeling better.

Debbie- Great leg workout!

Laura- Welcome! Hope you stay. I lifted 60 something pounds over my head and hurt my elbow (gave me tennis elbow). I'll never try that again. I use my Bench now and get up under the bar (the bench has a rest for the barbell) from a seated postion. It's much safer.

Suz- That sucks you had so much wind on your ride. I'm amazed that you even try it with your asthma. You are tougher and more determined than you think.:)

Michelle- Great workout yesterday!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hello Everyone, :)

Today I went to the gym and did my A &B weight circuits that took about 30 mins then i ran for 20 mins on the tredmill. I want to start running again but last time i did to much to soon and injured myself so this time im going to take it very slow. Going to try to do some yoga later.

Lora- Are you excited about going back to work? Im sure you'll still find time for your yoga for if there is a will theres a way:)

Diane Sue- Did you enjoy the rotation, see good results? It always exciting to end a rotation and begin a new one, i found one right know that i love!

Debbie- Great Workout, you really know how to work!

Dallys- Hope you enjoy your walk just the sound of it sounds very relaxing.:)

Morning ladies i am off to do total body weights.
Not sure till i get down there.Need to work off some frustration.
Aunt Flo has me moody here..
I have to drop this fat and be really in shape for Aug 9th surg . AArgh.

Diane Sue, glad mouth is better.There is nothing worse..

Dallys, get movin girl.
Deb, great numbers, my hereo..

Char, get a job yet?? LOL..
Suz, Michelle, Randi, Everyone else Janie, Hellllloooooooo out there.

New suiys are coming. I am going to need some critics.. Shall i dare take a pic of me in a suit???
I don't look like Char, and Diane Sue that's for sure..But i am workin on it..

Off now...
www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Mornin, Maniacs,
I'm scheduled for MM today.

It is showers today. Means I don't have to water as much.

You all seem like your workouts are intense. Keep up the good work.

Diane Sue, glad to hear you are feeling better.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Laura - I have a weight bench that has a leg attachment to it for leg extensions and hamstring curls. I also have a Power Tower with wide arms and use that for my squats. My barbell fits right on it at the perfect height for me and works well.

Dally - Hey girl! Hope you have a great workout!

Michelle - WORK WORK!! LOL!

Anne - Aunt Flo is visiting me as well. Biotch came early this month!

Dallys-Too bad about the walk, maybe later....Here is the rotation that im doing right know, it has a bit of everything;
Day 1- Circuits A & B, 20 mins ss cardio
Day 2-HIIT 30:60 X 8, and ashtanga yoga
Day 3- Circuits A & B, 20 mins SS cardio
Day 4- HIIT 20:40 X 12 and relaxing yoga
Day 5-Heavy Lifting Total body
Day 6- HIIT 30:60 X 8 and ashtanga yoga
Day 7- Rest

Anne- Im sure you'll look great! All that matters is that your making an effort which is more than alot of people do so stand tall and be proud! :)

Janie- Hope you have a great workout!

Hi guys,

I'm curious about what kind of protein powder do you guys use? I'm looking for something new as Muscle Milk regular and Lite made me a little too muscular which I am not happy about. The ON 100% Whey is NASTY. PVL Whey Gourmet is another I use but I'm tired of ordering it online because God Forbid GNC stocks them up. Thanks for suggestions!

Hope you all have a great day!

Lisa :)

Lisa - I use ON Whey Natural, excellent protein powder with no artifical sugars in it. You have to make sure it says "Natural" on the container. There are other ON's that have splenda and crap like that in it. I also use BSN Lean Dessert.

I finished my workout. I started with Seasun's BOSU blast stopped at the core/abs and went back and repeated the first 17 minutes of cardio then did the core and started with the ab work on the M&F rotation did chest and triceps, then finshed with Eoin Finn's PYFH yoga quickie. I am off to the bank and post office.

M&F rotation:5 seconds up and 5 down slow
bench press 65# 5 reps 3 sets(actually there were 4 sets had to stop to talk so started over)
incline dumbbell press 35# dumbbells 5 reps 3 sets
dumbbell flyes 30# dumbbells 5 reps 3 sets
close grip bench press 55# 5 reps 1 set, 60# 5 reps 2 sets
triceps press down Bowflex 100# 5 reps 3 sets
reverse crunch 15# medicine ball 20 reps 3 sets
crunch Bowflex resisted 120# 20 reps 3 sets
cable crunch Bowflex kneeling 180# 15 reps 3 sets

Debbie, I think I am going to do some endurance work for 2-3 weeks and then go back to some heavier stuff. I have Barry's Bootcamp I want to check out and Ripped 1000.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hey Maniacs! Endurance for me today.:) Did a circuit workout from "Winning by losing" by Jillian Micheals.

Great workout. Circuit with no rests and 3 sets of 15 per exercise.

Pushups
Squats 65#

DB chest 20's last set 15's
Flys 15's last set 12's
Sumo squats 20's (db killed my shoulders, gonna use bb next time)

Bench dips
Leg extension (Debbie siebers style with Ankle weights)

Lateral raise 15's
Jumping Jacks for 1 min.
SB Crunch 30

Tricep extension 15's last set 12's
Jump rope 1 min.
scizzors 30

Workout was 45 min. and rocked out with Kenny Wayne Shepherd "Trouble is". Perfect CD for workout!

Great workouts everyone!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.