Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Mon June 28

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs - Ugh....my pain is super flaring. I can't stand it. Wasn't sure what to do for a workout this morning. Not sure how I'm gonna make it thru work today! I work the early shift all week....so I guess I have to force myself out of bed at 4:30 am every day!

I did The Montenegro Method Strength Upper & Lower Body with my own warmup and a Cathe stretch. I only used 4-8 lb DBs due the spasms I have. I burned 512 calories in 65". Max HR was 140.

Have great workouts everyone.

Lori - you can search for Hardcore Fitness Maniac group....or my name on FB...Lora Cooper. You'll recognize my pic from the Cathe checkin.

Yesterday DH, my sister, and I did a kettlebell, ropes gone wild, and TRX circuit. It was brutal...my HR monitor stopped 3 freakin' times but the workout was around an hour and I burned somewhere in the 600's maybe a bit more. IT was 5 rounds and each round started w/ a farmer's walk to the edge of the driveway, a .2 mi ...jog, and a farmer's walk back, then it went like this (most work was 1 min unless otherwise stated):
R1:trx row/ropes/one arm row/ 30 swings
R2: walking lunges/ropes/side lunges w/ kb/15snatches per side
R3:trx chest press/ropes/one arm chest press/10 windmills per side
R4:prisoner squats/ropes/trx pistols/20 figure 8 to hold
R5:trx tricep press/kb pullover to getup sit up/tricep crush/30 swings

This week is my active recovery week so I'll be doing cardio Mon., Wed. & Friday. I'll be taking the rest of the days off. Meso 2 starts next Monday. :eek:

Today was Cardio Coach #1. Had a BLAST! It has been so long since I've done my beloved CC workouts. Hip flexor was fine but last week when I got on my treadmill it was really tight for a few days after again. At least it didn't hurt while running this morning. And I did very well with this workout. I don't even feel like I haven't done them in so long. I was right back to running the speeds I was running before so that felt great!

HR STATS:
37 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
10 minutes in zone
23 minutes above zone
306 calories burned
A little over 2 miles travelled

My mom should be back home this Friday! I cannot wait! She is doing so well!

Last edited:
deb - is this your second rotation of STS? What do you like about it and what has it done for you personally?

Theresa - Nice workout!!! :eek: Kettlebells scare me!

Lora - Yes, this is my 2nd round of STS. I love it because each workout is different so it doesn't get stale. Meso 1 gets a bit old when you are on week 4, but for the most part, it is a lot of fun. Meso 2 and 3 are the best. I don't know how to answer what it has done for me personally. It's given me some good definition and strength but most all the rotations I do for building does that for me. I think it's an awesome program and can't say enough about it.

I started with the Turbo Fire HITT 15 class demo. Workout was 17 minutes, HR was 141 Avg to 173 Max. Calories burned was 142. I liked this. Really got my HR up there quickly. Then I did Slim Series Cardio Sculpt Express 31 minutes and burned 176 calories Max HR 144. I like this one too. I put a little more into the ca...rdio moves. It is done all standing including chest and flys. She uses 3 and 5 lb dumbbells and tubing. I used 8# dumbbells throughout and Cathe's heavy tubing. I followed this with Brook Benton's Kettlebell Butts and Guts Express Cardio 18 minutes 158 calories Max HR 158, then the abs from B&G with a 20# kettlebell workout along with the 6 minutes abs from Cardio Sculpt Express 15 minutes total abs 66 calories, I finished with 8 minutes of Cool it off Express 16 calories. Total workout time was 89 minutes and calories burned was 558.

Hi - Wrote a post w/ personal's earlier and it disappeared. The "Diagnose Connection Problems" screen came up :mad: It ended up telling me to call my server - so, I've been on the phone with them. Hope it's fixed (and that we haven't caught a virus :confused:) I will try to be back later and post again but have to try and catch up on some other things. Looks like you all had great workouts :)

bbl

Lori

Let's see....

Thursday I did P90X+ Intervals which was tougher than I thought. And Saturday I did Amy Bento's All Pump which was fun except all here whooping. And it lacked in chest work.

Today I threw caution to the wind (some what) and did P90X+ Total Body. I was worried about doing chins and pulls so I did them all assisted. Shoulder aches bjut not as bad as I thought.

Computer seems to be ok now. I guess there have been some system problems in the area. Got some tough news today - my friend down the street died last night. She was only in her thirties, but had some health problems due to her weight (very heavy). A couple years ago I went to visit her in the hospital (she was up to 500 lbs. at that point) and we talked a lot. She was going to get one of those bypass (can't remember the exact name of the procedure) operations, but had other issues too. She lived with her mom and they went to Texas (family there) for a few months. Then I didn't hear from her for a long time. I saw the ambulance and police cars last night. They arrived without sirens - which I thought was odd - it was around 2 or 3 a.m. So, I sort of knew something was not quite right all day. My neighbor told me what had happened this evening. I tried to workout but couldn't really focus. Usually exercise helps, you know? Today it felt just sort of ... ridiculous :confused: I may take tomorrow off and go see if her mom needs anything. They NEVER left the house. Sort of eerie in a way. I wasn't sure they were even there anymore. Geez. Sorry to ramble on like this. I'm not sure if what I'm writing even makes sense. If I'm not around tomorrow, I will get back in the swing of things on Wednesday.

Keep Rockin Your Workouts (I know you will)

Lori

Lori, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. =(
I wish she'd had time to get herself to a healthier place. That level of obesity is really crippling. I cannot imagine. I hope her mom is ok.

well...I just finished making salad and baked chicken taquitos (sp?) for the household. Turned out good, but corn tortillas don't roll that well. If I make it again I'll try flour.

No workout today, too much to do. I'm kinda bummed about that, but I've got to stop screwing myself on sleep, and if I were to workout, that's pretty much what would happen.

My weekend workouts were Legs and Glutes on Saturday and Gym Style back, bis, and shoulders timesaver on Sunday, followed by the stability ball ab section from Tracey's core dvd.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.