Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Mon Jan 29

megadoo

Cathlete
Morning sleepyheads! So my weight is back down to 142 after the weekend bloat! Good starting point. TIme to burn more baby! Well, I am keeping an eye on my ankle, still feeling *stuff* there. I wanted to do Imax3 today, but I think any plyo's are out!! So, I have my niece today anyway, so WO will be later probably. Let ya'll know!

What is on everyone's agenda for today?????

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Nothin Meag... but, you know that...
LOL....Are you doing the X?

I know the weight thing. I got on the other day and was up to 140, which i have to account for the top heaviness and aunt flo i hope.
I am really watching here. Small portions....with no workouts.

Deb, how much snow you get?
I have like 6" on my deck from last night which can quit anytime here. Erie had a 50 car pileup..

I am going to ask doc if i can do at least some yoga. I won't be raising my heart rate.I am getting bored. Can't wait for spring.

Well thanks for the kind words ladies, more than i got from my sister and parents.
Check back later, gotta get a bath and go fight with this hair.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good Morning
You're up early meaghan:)Good starting point for you, you go girl!

I took this whole weekend off from working out I havent taken two days off forever. So i figure I deserved it;) I'm starting my new rotation today just because I think i'm gaining to much muscle mass from s&h , but did gain some good muscle.I will be doing LIC the whole thing today. I havent done the whole thing yet just the cardio part, so i'm excited;)
Take care everyone
Randi

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is chest/shoulders/ab ripper x for me. However, I am having a time with my right shoulder again. Hard time sleeping and if I move it the wrong way, hurts like heck. Got tons of pushups in this workout and working the shoulders as well so I will go into it and hope the workout actually makes if feel better. Ya never know. I will just do my best. Maybe I will start a riot and round up neighbors and such to join me. Yeah, right! (talking to myself AGAIN) lol. So my FIL is out and my music is so friggin' loud right now and I sit here typing and eating my Kellogg's High Protein Plus cereal.

Anne,

A dusting of snow last night. It was 14 degrees this morning when I took my son to bus stop. Let us know what workout you decide to go with. Aunt Flo is a evil woman.

Meg,

That ankle of yours. You must have really did it up good. Now no more of that. Glad your weight is back down for ya. I will talk to ya later.

Charlotte~~

Meg - Glad to hear your ankle is getting better. Don't push it, let it heal.

Anne - We got about 5 or 6" out there. Its so pretty!

This morning I did Cardio Coach #5. Fun workout. I ended up doing the last challenge twice. Its 4 - 30 second level 4 sprints so I ended up doing 8 of them. I could not get to my level 4 and my heart recovers so fast anymore. Its amazing how conditioned you get by running. I love it!

Workout was 1:09 and I was in my zone for 51 minutes. Burned 350 calories and traveled 3.63 miles.

Hi everyone! Hope you all have great workouts!

Morning Ladies -

I did Kelly Coffey's NYC Total Body followed by 55 minutes of Step Gone Wild with Rob Glick. I also did 30 minutes of Yoga on Demand. At the end of the cardio/weights, worked out for 1 hour and 55 minutes and burned 604 calories.

I wasn't going to do so much of Step Gone Wild, but I couldn't stop. I previewed this the other night and was so disappointed cuz I thought I'd NEVER be able to learn it. All different sort of rhythm changes, counts keep changing, turns galore........so I was going to attempt the warm up and maybe part of the first segment and I learned the W/U (a feat in itself), the first combo and the second combo!! I didn't do it perfectly and missed a step here and there or a turn and ended up on the wrong foot, but if I can do that the first time, I'm sure I'll learn it and it's so much fun. I highly recommend this complex step workout. It's available at Collage.

Just got off the phone with the Unemployment Office, as I rec'd this long questionnaire over the weekend about why I was let go from my job........errr irritating.

Have great workouts. I'll be around. Gotta go eat breakfast.

ETA:
DEB - sorry - we posted at the same time. That's great about the shape you're in from running. I still can't believe you're able to run with your back problems. I wish I could. I did that Bike/Treadmill CC the other day and only walked and jogged slowly on the TM for my steady state recovery segments and my sciatica is flaring a bit. I know when I run all out and get my HR up, it really flares. Do you think if I kept doing a little jogging here and there, I could eventually work up to running all out??? with no flare up?

Good Morning, I finished 4 weeks of P90X so now I think I am going to try the 6 week advanced fine tune you rotation in M&F Hers. I will do more cardio than they recommend. With the changes every two weeks it should keep it fresh. I like the build, sculpt, & define weeks:D

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - I'm very interested in seeing what this rotation consists of! I was rotation shopping all day yesterday and nothing appealed to me. (as a matter of fact - I printed Cathe's Fat Loss & Definition rotation and was going to follow it loosely with my own selection of DVDs and then I saw your post). Then I saw your suggestion, so I'll probably try it....but I'm really interested in this M&F rotation. Anyway you can post part of it?

I forgot to say the movie yesterday was good -- Blood and Chocolate. It wasn't great or anything but it was a good modern day Werewolf movie. Loved the special effect showing the people flying into the air and turn into Wolves mid air.........Cool!!

Lora, this is in the Jan/Feb issue. It is done in 3 2 week phases Phase 1 build, Phase 2 Sculpt, Phase 3 define. You do this Mon, Wed, & Fri and Tues & Wed is supposed to be high intensity cardio for 30-40 minutes and abs

phase 1
week 1&2 3 sets 6-8 reps all
legs barbell squat
chest barbell bench press
legs romanian deadlift
t bar row
legs stationary lunge
with foot on bench
shoulders overhead barbell press
legs hack squat
chest incline dumbbell bench press
legs barbell sumo squat
back front pull down
Rest 1 minute between sets. Between exercises rest only as long as it takes to set up the next exercise.

Week 3&4 3 sets 10-12 reps all
legs barbell squat
chest barbell bench press
legs dumbbell step up
back pull up
legs romanian deadlift
superset with-
overhead barbell press
hack squat
superset with-
triceps parallel bar dip
legs barbell sumo squat
superset-
with shoulders upright row
rest only 1 minite between sets. Between exercises rest only as long as it takes to set up the next exercise

Phase 3 weeks 5-6 all exercises except where noted are 15-20 reps
legs barbell squats 3 sets
back pull up do as many reps as you can then finish off at lat pulldown machine
legs squat jump
shoulders overhead dumbbell press
legs romanian deadlift
chest decline push ups
shoulders upright row
triceps parallel bar dip
calves weighted jump rope 3 sets 100 skips
legs walking lunge 3 sets 40 steps
perform these exercises in succession, circuit style. Rest no longer than two minutes between circuits.

Morning Maniacs! Today is Extended Low Max. Had some of Dh family over last night and the kids popped my stability ball in the first five min. The kids felt bad, so I just told them not to worry, no biggie. Course, now I've got to go get a new one today.

Meg- You early bird you! Good idea on not doing any Imax's on that ankle. Also, glad you are not bloated anymore.

Anne- I saw that 50 car pile up on the news this morning. Yikes! It's actually warming up here now. 9 degrees! Waahhhaaa!

Char- Got the music cranked huh? Be careful with the shoulder. I've done something to mine too. Not sure if it's just a kinked neck/shoulder from sleeping or something else.

Randi- you deserved a couple days rest. You've been kicking it for a long time now.

Debbie- Good job on the CC. I've noticed that my HR recovers really fast too. It's gotta be those great intervals we are doing.

Lora- Great workout for you this morning.:)

Diane Sue- That rotation sounds interesting. I still have the "look great in 8' rotation from that magazine that I've never tried.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Diane Sue -Thanks..........now I feel bad you typed all of that cuz if it's something that you absolutely have to do without a DVD, I'll never do it. At least with the Look Great in Eight one, it gives you general categories, i.e., Superset Weights, High Rep Weights, Heavy Weights......and I thought this would be generalized also......but it's not.

Dallys - I was looking at the Look Great in Eight rotation yesterday debating it.

Going from slow and heavy to circuit work is hard. Thought I could go heavier then cathe on LIC but I guess not!
Off to work
Talk to you all later
Randi

Bionics,

Like that avatar much better. Rock it, girl! Gonna test out the shoulder this afternoon. Hope it improves. No luck at finding the suit. Dag gone it.

I got my eye on the mailbox this morning. Hopefully good stuff is coming..no more bills. Perfume..perfume..perfume...come..come..come! lol.

Charlotte~~

Lora - When I first started on my treadmill my back would get tight and irritated. I'd take off a week and try again. I just kept at it. Now my back hardly ever bothers me anymore. Its weird. I had chronic pain for so long its weird not having pain anymore. I don't know how it just went away other then I'm hanging a lot more doing pullups and such, I know thats really good to realign your back. When I feel tightness or pain I go hang for a while.

I called to find out what the heck planet my heart rate monitor got shipped out to. Was told that it was no longer in stock AGAIN, for the second friggin' time and my money was being refunded. I am never dealing with heartratemonitorusa again. NEVER! I guess I will go on ebay and find one. This is getting old.

Off to workout now. Now I got some aggression to take care of so I should have a nicer workout}( ;-)

Charlotte~~

Deb - Thanks. That's encouraging. My DH won't let me in the basement to use the cardio equipment while he's doing P90X, but when he's finished, I'm going to practice trying to work up to it. I will try jogging lightly and hopping on another machine for a while and then try to go faster and faster with my jog until I'm running hard enough to get my HR up all the way. I hope I am able to conquer it like you have. Yes, hanging the way you do when doing pullups is like putting traction on your spine. I usually bend over and hang (like doing a standing forward bend in yoga and rest my head in the crooks of my elbows) or hang my head off the fitness ball.......but it doesn't really help too much.

Charlotte - Did you get your oils? I know we have different tastes, but I'm absoultely in love with Svadhinaopatikta from the Lupercalia update. It's amazing! I can't stop sniffing my arm. I will need to have more of this! Actually, there isn't one of the Lupercalia's I got that I don't like. Which TAL's did you just order?

I finished my workout. I warmed up doing the w/up and cardio only off of HSTA then I went on to do the M&FHers weight rotation I added some alternating biceps curls with a twist to it. I know you do get some bicep work with the other moves. I thne did the step portion of Amy's Cardio Step & Pump, and the step portion of Step Jump & Pump the stretch and then Stretch Max #1.
I did 8 reps 3 sets on all exercises
barbell squats 1 set 75# 2 sets 80#
Barbell bench press 65#
Romanian deadlift 85#
t bar row 70#
stationary lunge 1 foot on bench 35# dumbbells
barbell overhead press 45#
barbell hack squat heels elevated 65#
incline dumbbell bench press 35# dumbbells
dumbbell sumo squats 85# dumbbell
Bowflex pulldowns 160#
alternating bicep curls 25# dumbbells

Lora, that's ok. I typed it out and printed it up to put in my notebook so I wouldn't have to drag the magazine back to the workout room. I was trying to think of workouts that could be incorporated similar but am not sure. S&H has 8 reps and I think APX has 8 rep moves You might be able to incorporate parts of these as phase 1. picking 5 lower body exercises and alternating with the upper body areas noted in the plan. This could work with a mix and match menu. Just a thought. Or just do circuits :)

Charlotte, I bet you get in a good workout getting rid of the pent up aggression:7

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Lora,

I ordered Bend Over and Caliph's Beloved. I am addicted to them. They have alot of "punch" to them along with the most adulterated smells I have ever smelled...at least Cleo May and Queen of Nile do.

So I am done working out. I was confused again earlier..need to eat more spinach for brain function. Where is Suz to keep me straight???? Anyhow, figured it out.. chest/back today, not shoulders. Could not do the dive bombers, but did all the other pushups and pullups without a problem. I shall report it all soon. My FIL has the radio on buzz mode...he ain't getting anything in. LMAO! I don't know how he stand listening to static noise. He might think what I listen to sounds worse. We all have our opinions.

Charlotte~~

P90X Chest/Back

Std Pushups 27 and then 21
Wide Front Pulls 90#/10x's and then 90# 6x's
Military Pushups 20x's both times
Reverse Grip Chinups 12x's and then 14x's asst
Wide Fly Pushups 20x's both times
Closed Grip Overhand Pullups 14x's both times
Decline Pushups 15x's and then 13x's
Heavy Pants 40# 8x's and then dropped to 35# 8x's
Diamond Pushups 15x's and then 10x's
Lawnmowers 40# 10x's both times
Back Flys 15# db's 16x's and then 12x's

Ab Ripper tonight.

Charlotte~~

Diane Sue - Have fun with that rotation. I was looking at it too but decided to go back to Cathe for a while. Great workout!

Dallys - It is amazing how our bodies endurance gets stronger. I remember when I first started doing Cathe's step workouts, they would wipe me out big time. Then I got to the point where I had to do the workouts for an hour and a half just to get a decent calorie burn. Now its like that with the treadmill. Maybe I should go back to step for a while? Nope, don't think so! :)

Charlotte - I cannot believe that about your HR monitor. Why don't you just go to Dick's or Sears and get one? Dang, I'd be pissed! Excellent workout! I love working out when I'm pissed. I always get such a good workout in when that happens.

Lora - Do you have anything at home to hang onto so you can align your spine? Maybe invest in a pullup bar that goes in the doorway. They are only like $20 at Wal Mart I think. That might do wonders for you.

I'm trying to decide if I want to do abs tonight. I'm sore all over. My ribs and obliques even hurt today, not sure why? Didn't do any ab work yesterday. Oy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.