HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS MON 5-3

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM Maniacs-

Yesterday I did some yoga for flexibility as my legs were aching again. Last week, the ache went away after yoga, but today is not the case. They just feel tired which is strange b/c I only worked out 5 days this week, and the achiness comes after a rest day :confused: It may have to do w/ the fact that I only got about 4.5 hours of solid sleep :mad:
I nailed the BC on a few issues I have been having like night sweats, panic attacks, and extreme moodiness. The doc I went to last Friday was really no help, he just threw an antidepressant at me :mad: I have another appt next week w/ a doc that does the bioidentical hormones. Hope everyone has great workouts and a great week.

Last edited:
Today was cardio and I did LIS/HIS Cardio Blast premix. Very fun workout but with HIS I had a hard time with alot of the step combo's. But it will be fun to learn them. Had a great, much needed workout and I was sweating like crazy!

HR STATS:
58 minutes total
8 minutes below zone
18 minutes in zone
33 minutes above zone
442 calories burned

Ughh, Theresa - I'd be bummed. Too bad the Doc wasn't more helpful. I can commisserate on the night sweat's and poor sleep. I think I've had the night sweat problem since my twenties - on and off. I also understand panic attacks. I've had my share of anti- depressants thrown at me, too. I've even given in and tried them but haven't stayed with them for long. They don't seem to help me much. Sometimes I'd get the negative side effects without the "improvements." Yay. :confused: For some people in the medical profession, they seem to have become a modern day knee-jerk panacea. They can be helpful and necessary even, I think, but it's too bad when they're used to gloss over deeper issues. What you're going through sounds really cruddy :mad: Someone that deals with hormone's sounds like a good route (afraid I'm ignorant of the term bioidentical, though). I'm glad you're following up with another appointment. Hang in there :D

Debbie - Did you have a good time this weekend? I've never done that premix. Something to look forward to when I get my replacement for 4DS :D

I almost overslept today. I was having a "dream" that involved an alarm clock :eek: . Amazing what we can do when we're really tired. Luckily Skyler started whining and woke me up (good dog ;) !) I'm going to do a KPC premix today. It's a longer one integrated with Legs and Glutes. It's become one of my favorites.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

Lori

I started with BOSU Xplode Burst workout with Mindy Mylrea. This only required the bosu and a small weighted ball. Great workout. It was 1 hour and I burned 404 calories. Max HR was 158.
I then did M&F magazines Tabata workout chest & abs 34 minutes and burned `129 calories Maz HR was 131, I followed this with Xplode Burn Circuit 1 which is core including mountain climbers, up and over push ups, burpees, burpees to raising the BOSU overhead, a plank move with hands on the bosu leg goes out/back/under/back, then hip bridges: I went on to do Tracey's Core Blast Bosu and bench segments. abs/core with these was 22 minutes and I burned 83 calories. I finished with Cardio Combat Surge Fusion stretch 18 minutes 42 calories. Total calories today was 658.
I used the Bowflex for all of the Tabata workout today except push ups and for abs I did Bowflex crunches and hanging knee raises with ankle weights.
I have got to get out to run a bunch of errands today.

Theresa - Sorry to hear your legs are aching again. Hope the new doctor can give you some answers.

Debbie - Hope you had a great weekend away. I actually like to do that premix in reverse doing HIS first then LIS.

Lori
- I hate when I oversleep, good thing the dog woke you up!

DianeSue - Your workouts still amaze me. How are you liking the BOSU dvds?

I am back from the doctor's this morning. As many of you may know I have suffered from my hands & forearms going numb when I sleep for many years, well about four weeks ago it stopped and I was one happy clam. But now all the yard work on Friday has made it return so the they are sending me for an EMG on Monday (that's where they stick you with needles.) They will also be scheduling an MRI. Then I will return to the Doctor for the results.

This morning was STS Disc 17 Triset Legs again I didn't use over 40# and I skipped all the rests. (and it was still hard:p) My stupid shoulder is aching like mad today!:(

Theresa - I'm sorry your doctor did nothing but prescribe a med for you take. I really hate doctors, that's why I avoid them at all costs unless I absolutely have to go. I'm sick of the run-around they give you and then find this cure-all pill. Why don't doctors want to find reasons for ailments? Why is it just so easy to hand out prescriptions? I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Lori - I had a BLAST on my weekend trip. My cousin's and I always have so much fun together. I'm still tired and sore from all the walking we did. We went to Oglebay in WV. Very beautiful place! Nice job getting up and getting that workout done!

Diane Sue - Did you seriously workout for 2 hrs. and 46 minutes today or am I calculating wrong. How do you keep going for that long? I would have dropped dead by the Tabata workout! Maniac! :eek: :eek: ;)

Linda - I'm sorry to hear your arm is going numb again. WTH? I wonder if it ties into your shoulder problems? Is it the same shoulder and arm doing all this?

Debbie - At it's worst both hands/arms will go numb, but mostly it is the right which is the same shoulder that is giving me problems. But both the doctor and I agreed today that after we get the right one all figured out it will time to then check out the left. :confused: I guess the good news is he still doesn't think it's my rotator cuff.:D

Debbie - At it's worst both hands/arms will go numb, but mostly it is the right which is the same shoulder that is giving me problems. But both the doctor and I agreed today that after we get the right one all figured out it will time to then check out the left. :confused: I guess the good news is he still doesn't think it's my rotator cuff.:D

That just truly sucks. I know how horrible it is to be in pain every day. Thankfully my pain has subsided although I still feel it every now and then. And what do you mean you're going to have needles stuck in you? Are you having acupuncture done?

That just truly sucks. I know how horrible it is to be in pain every day. Thankfully my pain has subsided although I still feel it every now and then. And what do you mean you're going to have needles stuck in you? Are you having acupuncture done?

Debbie - no accupuncture, emg is where they stick a needle in you and send electrical current through the muscles. And I get the impression they do it different areas to find where the problem is.

I am back from running some errands. I still have things I need to do but will try to get some of it done later this week. My weekends are all full of activities coming up. Just trying to decide what I need to get for Son in Laws graduation then granddaughter is having a graduation from middle school. Trying to get all of these gifts bought. Two birthdays as well but Some of that is taken care of.

Debbie, I have it down at 2 hours and 14 minutes:p I love that double cardio workout from 4DSplit.

Lori, good thing you had that dream:D

Linda, I think sometimes the doctors just don' t know what they are dealing with. My son in law has been seeing doctors for about a year for his back and headaches and he is still having problems without much help.
I sure hope they figure out something. I had the EMG for carpal tunnel.
I hate all of those tests. I think the EMG was worse than the surgury that they did. But that problem is gone. Most issues I have now are with my joints. Hurt my hands to wrap them around the 5# ball this morning. I really do like the BOSU workouts. I am having to figure out how to improvise a little. They use two bosu's and that sling shot in some of the workouts. So far I have been able to figure out how to do it without the second BOSU. I think the Amped one may be a little more difficult figuring out what to do with the agility stuff that they do. I haven't viewed all of it yet though.

Lori-have fun w/ that premix. Good dog for waking you up, mine only wake me when they want something :D

Debbie-nice work today. I really like that premix too. The HIS took a few times for me to get, but it really comes along nicely when you get it :) And thanks on the doc stuff. I am just sort of frustrated at this point. I hate it when they don't listen, but I am stubborn and persistent enough to get it figured out

Linda-I sure hope they get you figured out. Is the shoulder aching from the work last week?

Diane Sue-have you formed any final opinions on that tabata rotation?
Good work

Hi Everyone!!

I wish I had time to post to all, but it has been a crazy busy day!! I had no power all night and considering the 90 degree weather and humidity, I didn't get much sleep. :mad:

I have a ton of work to get done and then home and hopefully some good R&R.

I will post more tomorrow!!

Cheryl :)

Theresa, I know I am seeing results from the Tabata workouts even though I have been a little more lax on eating do to DH return and lots of events. Weight is down to 116. Cuts are showing even when I expect them to be more diminished. I feel like I am working hard but not the calorie burn for most exercises that I was hoping for. I add about 1 min of jacks or other cardio between exercises then a 1-2 min rest. But really I am amazed that my cardio has been less and I am seeing changes. I think the different method of training has been great.

Cheryl, it sounds like you need some R&R :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.