HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS MON 2-8

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM LADIEs-
No workout to report yesterday. I had plans to do cardio, but that just didn't happen. Eats were not horrible at the superbowl party except for the cookie cake.....I had been sweet free besides that.

Debbie-I hope I didn't offend you by my job comments. I really just wanted to be helpful. I'm sure every minute feels like an eternity when it's something you really want. I hope you hear something soon.

Hermia-glad the work schedule will ease up. Hope you get the tenure position also.

Theresa

Last edited:
So today is Heart Smart day. I am VERY aware of this day because my dad died of heart disease. Well, a heart attack took him from me, but he had heart disease. His veins and arteries were covered with plaque and I am very susceptible to this disease. That's one reason I am thankful I am so healthy and workout like I do. I wish I had red to wear today. I don't own one red item of clothing.

So today was full body but my alarm clock didn't go off (great way to honor heart smart, day, huh?) Well, it did, but my kitties decided to turn the volume all the way down. They've done this twice now. I just taped it so it can't move again. I am a bit upset about not getting my workout in, and maybe if I have it in me I'll do it this evening. It's supersets so it should only take me about a half hour to get it done. I wish I was leaving work at 3, but today is my late day. :(

Theresa - No, you certainly didn't offend me. I went back to read my reply and if I sounded snippy, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way at all. I think I might email her later on today. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Good morning guys:D

Sat: 4DS all upper and 30 min run
Sun: d-9 legs
Mon: Rest day for the week:rolleyes:.

I can't believe this is my last week of Meso 1. I'm trying to decide if I want to go right into Meso 2 or just do my thang for a week, hm.....:)

Debbie-You didn't sound snippy, I just have a REALLY bad habit of giving my opinion whether it's wanted or not, and I just never know if I overstep my bounds. Also, I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Teddy-nice workout

theresa

Debbie - I lost my grandmother when I was 10 to Heart Disease and my father has had 5 stents and has had 1 heart attack. I will red for both of us today.

Theresa - Cookie cake sounds interesting.

No workout for me today as I am still taking a break. Can you believe my hand is still swollen? Weird!

Theresa - I don't ever find comments from you offensive. I welcome all advice about things I talk about any time. It's very much appreciated!

Teddygirl - Follow STS as it's laid out. You should have an active rest week now, right? Do some light cardio and some yoga for the week and then start Meso 2 next week.

Linda - Sorry about your hand. That really sucks. Did you read what I wrote in yesterday's thread about Pink?

Debbie- thanks. I'm glad to hear it. It's just I've become so used to the taste of my own foot :eek: that I like to check w/ others now and again. And p.s. those kitties sound very frisky :D We are looking for another male German Shepherd, but are having a hard time. We have not found one for under $1,000. Our female needs a full time dog b/c we can't keep up with her.

Linda-Wow, when you hurt yourself, you really go all out. Is there any brusing or swelling? I hope it was not a tiny avulsion fracture that can be hard to see. I'm assuming they let a Radiologist read the xrays and not the general doc....Hope it gets better soon.

Teddy-I agree w/ Debbie. I would follow STS as laid out to get the best results.

Theresa

I didn't know today was Heart Smart Day. Anything we do in this country to promote health is great; so few people I know off the boards make any attempt to exercise and eat right. It does take time, but it's important, and once it becomes a habit then it's easier. I wish more people took better care of themselves. Of course, some things are beyond our control, like certain diseases, but there is still much we can influence with good health.

Lol about the kitties turning down the volume on the alarm; kitties are the cutest! I'm sure my cat would do the same if she could manage it. =)

Theresa, wow, that's so much for a dog. I know purebred animals are expensive, but I wouldn't have suspected quite that much! Do you show them or breed them?

Well, no workout yet for me, and I'm not sure if I will or not...so much to do. I just ordered Cathe's Circuit Blast, though, yay! This will be my first new workout in a while. =)

Hermia-we do not show or breed them, and I don't know why they are so expensive. We rescued two about 5 years ago and got two wonderful dogs; However, we had to put our male down last May :( The woman that took over the rescue is very spazzy and almost seems like she doesn't want to adopt the dogs out. It's very strange. I hope we find one soon b/c our little Bella needs a playmate.

Theresa

I slept in a little later this morning since I didn't have to go out. I have decided that I am going to try to do 2 weeks of each STS Mesocycle with SC's and Insanities mixed in. This should bring me up to our trip to Jamaica in March. Workout today was STS disc 8 Endurance Back and Triceps(didn't want to start with shoulders since I did them Saturday) workout was 56 minutes and I burned 368 calories, then I did SC Circuit Blast 44 minutes keeping the weights what Cathe uses and burned 409 calories, I then did STS EXtended stretch and 11 minutes of foam roller work. Total calories burned today was 884.
Back and Triceps
w/up band work green Cathe Band
seesaw push ups-BW 10 reps
dips- BW 16 reps
chin ups- BW 10 reps
seated overhead extensions- 20# dumbbell 15 reps
t pull with band-green 36 reps
flat bench barbell tricep extensions- 45# 14 reps
barbell rows- 60# 21 reps
y's with band- green 36reps
kickbacks 1 arm -20# 15 reps
1 arm horizontal row-32.5# 15 reps
deadlifts- 35# dumbbells 8 reps
close grip bench press- 25# dumbbells 15 reps
1 arm press down with band doubled- green 36 reps
chin ups-BW 8 reps
seated overhead extension both arms- 25# 15 reps(should have went heavier)
barbell rows- 60# 21 reps
double arm rows with band-blue band 36 reps
side leaning one arm overhead extensions on ball-20# 4 reps dropped to 15# 11 reps
dumbbell rows both arms drop sets- 10reps 30's,10reps25's,10reps 20's
kickbacks double arms- 16's 15 reps
1 arm band kickbacks-blue band and 1# gloves 36 reps
pull ups-BW 8 reps
cross body kickbacks drop sets-10reps 20#,10 reps 16#,10 reps 15#
straight arm flys prone on incline bench-10's 15 reps
side lying 1 arm push up- BW 16 reps
scapular retractions barbell-50# 15 reps
superman on floor legs and arms elevate-BW 24 reps

Hi Maniacs -

I'm off today so I worked out for 2.5 hours. I did Jari Love's Body Rock weight segment 40" followed by WinsorSlim Celebrity Fit Pilates and then Energy YRG and lastly Tranformer Kundalini yoga. I can't remember how many calories I burned....or when I stopped keeping track, but it was in the 700's at the end of YRG (I think).

My pain is flaring yet again. I was playing around with my weighted Winsorslim pilates bar with cables last night during the superbowl and trying exercises and I think it may have aggravate my problem. Frustrating!

The Pilates segment I chose today sucked. I didn't find it hard it all. It only used the bar with cord for one short 10" segment. I'll have to add ankle weights in the future. Why does Pilates always feel so easy to me? It never seems like enough reps, etc. Maybe it's me??

Theresa, I pretty much took the day off yesterday. It was supposed to be my rest day. Played a little with Jari's Body Rock Dance portion but got bored so that lasted about 20 minutes. Watched the Superbowl by myself. Didn't really care who won:)

Debbie, sorry about the kitties and the alarm clock. That happens to me but it is usually done by the grandbaby. Hopefully you can get your workout in.

Teddy, good job on the workouts this weekend. Did you do all 3 STS workouts and 4DS upper both this week?

Hermia, Circuit Blast is a great workout. I am sure you will love it. I wish everyone would try to stay healthy. That alone would save huge amounts of money for healthcare expenses.

Linda, I would go change into red but I am not going out of the house today due to the snow so no one will see me. Sorry about your hand. Wonder why it is taking so long to mend.

Linda - Thank you for wearing red for me! :D Too cool! And I pm'd you.

Theresa - Wow on the cost of a shephard. Have you checked an animal shelter in your area?

Hermia - Yay on Circuit Blast! Hope you have fun with it! And I agree about promotinig health. It is important.

Diane Sue - Nice workout! I'm looking forward to doing STS again.

Lora - You worked out for 2.5 hours? :eek: Don't you think that might contribute to your pain some? Yikes girl! Sorry if I sound like I'm shaking my finger at you, but I just feel like you are overdoing it sometimes. I think you need way more rest days to try and eliviate some of your pain. How will you ever know if rest will help when you don't give yourself a chance to rest? Sorry if I'm overstepping my bounds, here. I don't want you to get mad at me, but good lord woman, I seriously think you need to slow it down some.

Oh, and I called the lady I interviewed with. She told me she was still interviewing this week and she would make a decision by the end of the week. I don't think I'll hear from her until next week. My fingers are still crossed.

Deb - i think it sounds worse than it was. I only did a half hour of weights - used lighter ones. The YRG is supposed to be good for back pain and the Pilates - I thought would be good for my back. The Kundalini doesn't bother me either. I understand what you are saying. However, last week I took it easy with rest day and easier days, etc and now the scale is up 4 pounds. I'm a bit freaked out about that. I realize diet is important. I wish I could find a combo that didn't bother me....but I think the weather is making my pain worse also.

Hope you get the job!

Sorry you overslept due to your kitties!

Hi to everyone else.

Deb - i think it sounds worse than it was. I only did a half hour of weights - used lighter ones. The YRG is supposed to be good for back pain and the Pilates - I thought would be good for my back. The Kundalini doesn't bother me either. I understand what you are saying. However, last week I took it easy with rest day and easier days, etc and now the scale is up 4 pounds. I'm a bit freaked out about that. I realize diet is important. I wish I could find a combo that didn't bother me....but I think the weather is making my pain worse also.

Hope you get the job!

Sorry you overslept due to your kitties!

Hi to everyone else.

I'm having this same battle with myself. I wish there was a way to be fit and healthy without feeling like you have to kill yourself with each and every workout. There has to be a happy medium in there somewhere.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.