Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mon 12-25

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs & Merry Christmas -

This morning I did Drill Max Leg Cardio Blast Premix followed by Legs & Glutes from the Standing Leg Extensions thru the lying inner thigh work. I used a medicine ball in place of the stability ball for intensity in some places in Drill Max. I also did Yoga for Moods - 35 minute premix. Total workout at the end of the leg work was 1 hour 25 minutes and I burned 437 calories. I had difficulty with keeping my intensity up in Drill Max.

My legs are pretty fried today and I'm wasn't at my best energy wise. I've had a really bad headache with severe trap spasms and neck/shoulder pain for a few days now and my sciatica's been flaring and my low back's hurting. I'm pretty stressed about my upcoming new job. I've also been taking another round of antiobiotics for my sinuses and I think I took them wrong (too many a day - as they were samples with no directions).

Have a great Christmas and good workouts.

Lora, you needed more intensity in Drill Max????
I thinka smaller ball would be easier to see the tv, but more intensity.(hididng in shame for i would die)

Meagy baby, you are withering away...We are close. I was back up to 143 and i am down to 138. I am trying for 125 badly...That little layer of fat...
Diane Sue, i did get some rest.... I have a house full coming later.Gotta cook.Had a hard time finding fat free ricotta. I make it 1/2 fattening and 1/2 healthy. 1/2 whole wheat noodles, veggies etc...
1/2 all the heavy stuff. DH usually does not know the difference. DD is picky and will pick out the onions...LOL..

Amber, keep the wine flowing. I had a couple last night....makea you type better..

Jeanette: I should have done some cardio but I ate fudge instead...LOL.....Peanut butter???? MMMMM.
28 miles in that weather!!!!!BRRRRRR.You go girl.

Randi are you stepping around the christmas tree???
Do you like the new step??? Little further around . It is safer than the transfirmer. Rounded off more. The teal one with the adjustable legs would be better for step. God, i have too much crap...

Char, did you have fun at your sisters????
Did you crack open the wine???

Guess what the hit was??? Playdough....1.97 a 4 pack and loved it...
Baby was done openeing and had to get him motivated for other stuff. Oh, and the new magnadoodle with a pen that lights up. Great in the car at night...

Wonder what he will think of TJ Berrytails and the thomas roundhouse and bike....The scooter, the tent...He is sooo spoiled...
Oh, the v-smile pocket.Hooks up to the tv. too. He has the big one. I like it... It is my video game speed....LOL....I can drive the car and wreck...

Well off to read and gotta go cook and w.o
Today is upper body something...
I will decide.after...

Merry Christmas, now that i have wrote a book...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good Morning, today I plan on doing cardio and Amy's All Pump Extreme Lower body and abs. I may add in some floorwork as well.
I will be going to dd this afternoon to open presents and have dinner. I got all of my pies made that I am taking. DH got me a new Diamond for my wedding ring for Christmas. I lost mine a few months ago. It looks like new again:D I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas:D

Lora, I never have a hard time keeping my intensity up in Drill Max. I did the one with the lower body the other day and then added TJ lower no w/up or str. My legs were burning when I got to the firewalker type move with the leg lifts on the TJ. It looks like you got a good calorie burn.

Anne, it sounds like you are having a fun Christmas. It will be fun watching the grandchildren open presents this afternoon:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Merry Christmas!

I'm up early to get my yoga done (YUCK YUCK YUCK) before cramps set in - which I'm hoping they don't as I'm pounding Midol. Have I mentioned I still don't lke Yoga X??? But I'm gonna do it. On Christmas even. And even though I have to cook for everybody today. No excuses - cramps, company, you name it. I'm still doing yoga. 92 minutes of it. Blech! Oh, I better change my attitude fast!

Lora - Hollywood sounds like such a character! I wish you could take pics. I have not been that strict with my diet at all these past couple of weeks, as you know. And it shows. :( It's my own fault. I mentioned that I don't suffer from PMS, but I do think that as I get older I do have more cravings as I get older. And since this was my week... I'm sorry you have a headache. Did you take that job? Stress really does make my head worse.

Diane Sue - That's funny that you remember the same verses you helped your kids memorize. :) I like how that man said to "hide it in your heart." I also went to a Christian school from 1st - 8th grade. Best thing my mom did for me (well, she did lots of good things, of course). I'm really thankful for that. I hope you're feelng better today.

Randi - How's that new step? You finally have all of your new workouts?

Amber - I hope you don't have a hangover today!!!

Storm - Sounds like you had fun with the GS.

I love to look around the neighborhood on Christmas morning and see who has their lights on and think those must be the houses with children. :)

Off to the basement...

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Diane Sue - It looks like we posted at the same time. A new diamond!!!! Wow!!!!! That Bill. How wonderful. I hope you have a beautiful Christmas and a great workout too. :)

Storm - I keep meaning to tell you those pics of your grandson are sooooooooo adorable. I especially like the one of him sticking HIS tongue out! :) I posted this on the Gizmo post, but thought I'd post it here in case you missed it.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Merry Christmas morning!

Today is supposed to be YogaX but I did StretchX last night so I'm electing to skip YogaX today. Suz, yes, I'm a bum. DH put the ham in the oven about 6 this morning. We'll be taking it over to Mom & Dad's around 1:00. Dinner supposed to be at 2:00, but it's always late. DS will be coming over from Reno this morning. Can't wait to see him too. He'll be spending a few days with us, but probably fishing the lake until it closes at the end of the year.

Lora, good leg burner, but if your energy is down, maybe you need to take a complete rest day or a walk or something instead. Hope you feel better and have a great day. I'm glad you and DH are getting along better. For Drill Max, I use a weighted ball for one of the drills instead of the stability ball. It makes me grumpy to hold the stability ball.

Anne, sounds like you are having a wonderful morning. I get to watch my grandkids open presents this afternoon. I have a 7 and 3 year old. Is it lasagne you are making? Play Do was the hit? I bought some of that moon sand for the kids. Hope they like that.

Diane Sue, a new diamond!!! I lost mine many years ago and never had it replaced as I was always working with horses and didn't want to lose another one. I do need to get it replaced. Would love to have an eternity ring. Maybe for the 30 year anniversary I'll do that. Will be 28 year this next year.

Suz, you are a better woman than I am to do YogaX this morning. I guess I could do it along with the computer as DH is already watching TV. Maybe I'll pop a Eoin Finn in for a shorter workout. Yep, that's doable. My eating has been pretty good except for the Christmas Cookies I felt someone was giving me the vibes to eat LOL! They were pretty tasty. Loved seeing Gizmo's picture this morning on the OD.

Hi to everyone else.

Jeanette

Hi everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No workout for me today, although I feel like I need to get on the treadmill for 2+ hours after all the crap I ate yesterday. I will try to be fairly good today because I can't take eating all that food anymore, especially the sweets. I have a chocolate headache today. OY!

Hope you all have a great day!

Merry Christmas Maniacs!!!

Had fun at Sister's. Got a Hollister gift card from bro. We just picked names this year and the children got the extra's.

At home this morning, my dd got a bunch of games, cd's, movies and I got her some smelly perfume oils from bpal. I enjoyed watching her sniff them all. Lora, she likes them all except for Black Annis and not sure about Eden. She got me Haloa. Smells like toffee candies...ummm. I got a total of 10 Hollister shirts...some long sleeves and some not and some tee's...2 hoodies, pair of jeans and the fur hoodie I have been wearing. My closet looks like the rainbow now. I like wearing every color I can find! lol. Dh got jeans, 24 episodes of 2, 3 and 4, cd's, workout shorts and a Heath Miller White Jersey. Son got a new X Box game and 4 X box games plus shirt, leather wallet, and new Steelers coat with fur around the hood, in gray. DD's boyfriend is coming over so we still have more to open from him and to us. I had to go thru my closet and get rid of some tops I don't wear to make room for more. I don't like keeping stuff I don't use.

Did not get in my yoga cuz we went to see the Acopalyptic movie (sp?) and although it was intense and kept you on the edge of your seat, it was waaayyy too gory for me. I don't like seeing people get sacrificed...hearts being torn out and heads rolling down, etc. Not for me. Sorry, hope no one is eating right now. lol:p We got back around midnight. We went right after we got back from sister's.

So I will squeeze in the yoga while everyone is entertaining themselves with their new stuff.

Charlotte~~

Deb - Back away from the chocolate! I love's me some chocolate and sweets.....mmmmmmm. Dallys isn't here to tell me to stay away from it either. LOL.

Diane Sue - Are you serious about Drill Max? Yikes! I guess I've been overdoing it a bit with the workouts. I feel like I need a rest, but I barrelled thru this week cuz I knew I'd be eating some cookies/chocolate. I plan on going at it again this week cuz when I start the new job, I'm not going to have as much time to work out and want to keep it a bit simple with the workouts. I need to look at my exercise log and see how long it's been since I did a recovery week. I still don't see any changes in my legs and I'm wondering if I'd do better with lots of yoga and pilates/ballet type of workouts for a couple weeks? I dunno...I hate my legs and I'll never have legs like I want.

Suz - Yes, Hollywood has the best personality of all of the cats we've owned. We got him from the shelter when he was 5 months old. He had a rough start. He was adopted by a family with kids and then returned to the shelter for some odd reason. I was worried he wouldn't love us cuz we didn't raise him from a baby....but he's so spoiled and so affectionate and is very vocal. He grunts when he's happy. He's a trip and he's beautiful. He's huge though. He is about 20 pounds or maybe a bit more. He's blonde and white (blondish orange). Some day if I ever get a digital camera...I'll take pics. Yes PMS has gotten worse with me over the years. I eat like a pig and working my legs makes me really hungry too. Do you have any other Yoga DVDs besides P90X? I never really liked P90X yoga. I always did Eion Finn or Mark Blanchard when I did P90X. Yes, stress makes everything worse on me!! LOL.

Ann - I probably should have done Drill Max with the Stability Ball only as I was struggling to get thru it good. I tried putting my weighted gloves on with the SB, but couldn't hold it. I did drop the med ball towards the end doing those plyo lunges.

Netta - yes, I didn't take a rest day this week and I've been working out like a maniac this past week. I figure I'll tone down my workouts when I start my new job on Jan 2. I took the Real Estate job with the crappy pay rate...but I still have that interview with the Attorney's tomorrow.....so if I like that better, I have time to change my mind.

Off to do my neck stretches.

Anne,

You are just loads of fun to be around, I can tell. You love making others happy and enjoying the family. I am so happy your weight is going down too. You are doing very good and working very hard. Never stop. I hope you have a wonderful time with your family.

Suz,

I am gonna do the yoga too. I know, I know, we are not lovers of it yet, but gonna have to be cuz we gotta do it a few more times this week, right???? he he.

Diane Sue,

Well well...a new diamond? What a lovely awesome gift from your dh as if you don't sparkle enough and now you will only sparkle much more!

Netta,

Hoorah! I am clapping for you...skipping yoga. Blech, I want to as well, but I think I might just endure to the end so I can let out the low groan, at the end. lol. My FIL is coming to live with us on Wednesday. I hope the time will be enjoyable and not miserable as he won't be around much longer anyways. He is not healthy and is in his 70's. Enjoy the time with your family.

Debbie,

Enjoy the day. Don't worry about the food. I had a few chocolates over my sister's house. I didn't eat the mash potatoes or the broccoli cheese casserole, it had a ton of butter, cream cheese and other cheeses in it. I was like...no way..that is about 50g of fat right there...eeek! I wanted water to drink, but her water smelled bad from the faucet and I couldn't drink it. I had diet 7up and then we had to stop for bottled water on the way home.

Charlotte~~;-)

Finished with the entire Yoga X!!! Woo hoo. Well, I didn't hate it AS much today. I did a teensie bit better. Maybe by the end I won't hate it. I won't like it but I won't hate it. Maybe. Just maybe.

Gotta go start cooking and shower. Will try to answer more later. Sounds like you're all having a great day.

Suz

Merry Christmas!
I just got Low Impact Circuit for xmas and did lower body circuit and abs on my new step I love it! I guess I get Drill max for Valentines day come on mom urrr:( What did everyone get?

I got the Peacock collection from BE
2 Victoria Secret Sweaters
VS pajamas and slippers
and a sweat outfit
Falling in love collection from Philosophy
Have a great day
Randi

Cute card
http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=1017129949136

Copy and paste this / It is really cute. Not bad either....
I did semi w/o . Bmax 2 upper body and abs... That was enough today.I cut it short to finish cooking and i don't know why i was in a hurry...

We are having Smoked ham, lasagna, shrimp, salad, deviled eggs, cheeseball,crackers,jello salad and cookies. Think that will feed them???

I made me diet lasagna and jello salad. I am starving and everyone will be an hour late as usual.... Told DH if food is dried up. Oh well. I was yelling....I just think people should be here when you say dinner at 1. Not 2:30. Oh well....It wouldn't be the holiday if everyone was not late. I otta be used to it by now...

Don't know what i got....Not opening presents till later...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

I finished my workout. No floorwork. I did Body Max2 Scrambled eggs no str, then All Pump EX 3 day split lower & core no w/up, no w/up or str, then Body Max 2 abs and str..

Lora, maybe you could have kept your hr up better w/o trying to do those lunge jumps with a med ball. Sometimes adding the weight can slow you down a little. Just a thought.

Charlotte, sounds like you got some great Christmas presents.

Randi, I bet you had fun doing your new Low Impact Circuit workout on your new bench:)

Suz, I liked Yoga X but it did always seem really long. It seems much slower than when I do Yoga Shatki. That is why I did the Dancing warriors yesterday on Yoga Shatki and then started with the Crane on Yoga X. I am not fond of those balancing poses.

Netta, enjoy your time with your son and your parents.

Debbie, enjoy your rest.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good morning everyone! Merry Christmas!

Boys had a ball this morning! Everything was a hit. Chase got an awesome coat from grammy and grampy and is STILL wearing it. It's been a few hours!

THey are tired now. Dinner is soon.

I got my IPOD NANO from DH! Very impressed with that! Now I can run for miles and be pumped. ANd my cardio coaches!
I also got boots, a sweet suede vest, corduroy pants (that don't fit) and a bunchof shirts. Dh also told me that I can go on Cathe and buy a bunch of DVD's. He wasn't sure which ones to get and all that. I also got a nice candle, thing for teh kitchen, nice warm gloves since my hands can't handle cold. DH did good on that. HINDER cd, and a movie.
DH is also going to take me shopping when he gets his second paycheck and let me buy WO clothes. He was pretty cluless about that stuff, so better this way. Good day.

NO WO. Maybe one later, probably not though.

SOunds like you are all doing well today! Everyone got some goodies too.
Char- I so need to clean out my closets. GOing to give everything to my sister. SHe is still in the process of losing her baby weight and she doesn't have much that fits. I will give her alot.
The Dove's Heart was a big hit with my mom. Glad about that. She said the description was beautiful.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

This is why I don't do personals much, I HATE AOL!! I just typed personals to everyone and had to go to a different website for my dh and everything I typed disappeared because AOL is so STUPID that it can't have more then one window opened at a time. AAARRRRGGGGG!!! How annoying!!!

Suz - Good job on doing the yoga. Hope the Midol kicked in. What a crappy time for Aunt Flo to visit, the witch!!!

Jeanette - Hope you have fun with your family!

Char - Sounds like you got a lot of nice stuff. You ate better then I did, thats for sure. I'm heading down to the sister-in-laws in a bit for dinner. Oy! Can't eat anymore, I am looking forward to tomorrow when I can eat on schedule again.

Lora - I can't back away from the chocolate. Had more today. Double OY!!!

Randi - You made out like a bandit! Too cool!

Anne - Hope your dinner went well. That is just rude for people to be late. Geez!!!

Meaghan - Awesome on the Ipod! I got my dh an mp4 player and I'm gonna get myself one as well. Its so cool!!!

Diane Sue and all of you who worked out today: EXCELLENT JOB!!! I couldn't bring myself to do anything this morning. Hope I feel like it tomorrow. I'm going to need it!

Deb - I was just joking about the chocolate. Chocolate is my drug of choice these days}( . I ate WAY too much chocolate today and way too many cookies, but this was my last hurrah. Wish we didn't have to celebrate at my DH's family next weekend....cuz I want to get back to behaving.

Randi - Sounds like you REALLY got some nice gifts. I love VS stuff. I have the Peacock Collection also. Sounds like whoever bought your stuff has good taste. I always get a bunch of stuff I don't want. Nobody knows what I like or they don't want to spend the money on what I like :+

Diane Sue - Yes, I thought the same thing when the workout was making me feel spent.....but I get stubborn and determined and then I'm just stupid. In retrospect, I think last time I did the workout with a weighted med ball and my legs were very fatigued afterwards and I felt like I overdid it a bit. My low back is still hurting. I think it was from doing those standing leg extensions in Legs & Glutes with 2 sets of ankle weights the other day and Firewalkers tend to flare it up a bit if I do too many. Wow - what kind of Diamond did you get? is it a big one? I love diamonds. I have a 1.25 carat round stone that I inherited a few years ago from an Aunt with a few inset smaller diamonds and my DH had it reset in a setting as my new wedding ring. I never had a very nice one until now. I had my old 1/2 carat Marquise stone set in a solitare pendant. Diamonds are so sparkly...who can resist them!!

Ann - I don't know how you starve yourself.....I wish I could do that. I need to lose about 8 pounds and it's sooo hard. Seems like my body always settles in at 125. It must be the weight it thinks it should be!! I beg to differ. I hate the layer of fat over my lower abdomen, butt, hips and legs!!! My upper body looks great from the waist up. No love handles and nice flat upper abs. I know I get a lot of bloating from my IBS.

Netta- Try Advil for cramps. I have endometriosis and varicose veins in my pelvis and have suffered from terrible cramping my entire life. Megadoses of Advil are the only things that work cuz they have antiprostoglandins in them. Make sure you always take them with food or you can burn a hole in your stomach. I'm speaking from experience....I burned my stomach with Motrin 800 mgs when I was in my late 20's suffering with endometriosis before I had my laser surgery.

Let's see......what did I get for Christmas...socks for work, a yoga outfit that is huge and needs to go back, a nite shirt that is huge and needs to go back, a clock radio and weight lifting gloves. My DH and I shop in Nov and don't wrap our presents....but he got me a hoodie from my favorite store, Buckle and a pair of low-rise jeans and I got Doc Martens on sale at Dillards and a pair of Converse hot pink sneakers....yes I'm a bit funky.

Have a great evening. I have to go use my massager again. Trap spasms.

Lora, i am not starving.. Just really watchin... Just 12 more # , then who knows.
I uploaded some pics from last night and today...

I got some clothes , jammies, sportsbras, a new x-mas house...
Steven got everything...LOL...

Gonna go hit the couch and rest.
I did good. Ate a little Lasagna, a piece of ham and a salad...
Gettin hungry again...NO cookies....

Anne
Aka( Storm)

Anne,

OMG...you are looking really good!!!!!! It is REALLY coming along for ya! You are one hot mama!!!! I am so happy for ya. Doing quite good for your bad self.

Just finished yoga around 5ish and dh helped me. }( :p :9 he he.

Had Chinese food for dinner. A tradition here. Only problem our chinese restaurant happen to be closed today so we went to another, the one that is not as good, but it wasn't bad. Drinking a choc protein shake cuz I am STILL hungry.

Liking yoga more and more.

Charlotte~~

I'm baaaaaack! Let's see - Mom and her DH got stuck in the driveway. My DH was watching for them and tried to wave him back b/c he was driving waaaay too slow and DH knew he wouldn't make it at that speed. Sure enough. Then we had a pile of cars waiting to come up. It took them about a half hour to get him unstuck. The wind just won't stop so it keeps drifting back over our driveway. Before everyone left DH drove our pickup back down to make a path. DH's dad had just left before my mom arrived and they made it up just fine but they're much younger and drive faster. :)

Storm - You're family arrives late. Well, DH's dad and his wife and her daughter and their son's little son were supposed to stop by around 2pm (when my family was coming over to eat - which was fine by me and they were welcome to eat too although they didn't want to - they were coming up from Colorado to go to DH's grandma's house) and they called this morning at 10 and said they'd be here in an hour!!! AN HOUR! I had finished working out and peeling potatoes and was doing other things in the kitchen (mind you I was cooking Christmas dinner - sans the turkey which my mom was bringing over - I was doing the ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, green beans), hadn't totally finished cleaning and hadn't taken a shower. Needless to say I wasn't super happy. DH says, "Where's your Christmas spirit?" You know, sometimes men just don't really know the right things to say. They ended up staying for a couple of hours and I didn't get to visit much, as I was kinda busy, but I know they understood. Normally they come up on Christmas Eve and we all meet at DH's grandma's house, but with the roads so bad and the 30" of snow they got, they didn't want to drive last night. Totally understandable. But an hour's notice? The day turned out to be really nice though and I'm glad we got to see everybody. But I must admit I was a little pissy there for a bit before they arrived.

DH did portraits of everyone. They were so excited. They all turned out really good. My sister and her SO. DH's dad and is wife and then with her daughter and then with the grandson. My mom and her DH. Really nice pictures.

And I haven't had any pie...yet. I've hardly eaten anything today. I just haven't had any time...yet. I'll make up for it with some pie soon.

Suz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.