Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 8

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did David Kirsch's 7 Day Rx Shoulders & Biceps and then I added a few extra biceps exercises, kettlebell swings and cleans. Workout was 55" and I burned 324 calories.

It's hard for me to sleep and get up when I work so many nights and then get an occasional day shift thrown at me.

Have great workouts everyone and thanks for the Anniversary wishes yesterday.

Last edited:
Good morning. Thank Heaven's it is Friday! My shoulders are pretty sore today, and I feel my back DOMS. I have cardio and abs on tap for tonight. I want to do a step workout because I find them to be fun. Don't know which yet. I have all day to think about it. I will probably do the Oxygen abs that Shana sent me, thanks Shana!

Lora- I think I forgot to wish you a Happy Anniversary- I hope it was a good one. And I hope you find some sleep!

Morning! I think I'm going to take one more rest day and even take it easy this weekend. It's silly to kill myself without ever taking a little time off. I think Meso 2 is going to be intense and I'm doing 8 weeks of it so I should rest up. I noticed that I'm supposed to bench some heavy weight on Monday- might have to go try it out this weekend to see if I can even do it. My 1RMs are so unpredictable.

Lora: Happy belated anniversary! I would imagine a schedule like that would be tough to adjust to- no consistency.

Meg: Oh, a step workout, my favorite! If you need help deciding, let me know. LOL. I love love love step!

My workout is done. I have to get busy packing. We will be going over to the other house for inspection later.
I kind of mixed it up today. I started with Kettlebell dynamics w/up and workoutpound3 and abs, then I did Newport rounds 5,6,7,& 8. I followed this with Kickbox surge premix surge challenge (all surges 2 x and cooldown) 32 minutes and added on the core refining with the med ball and stretch. and Kettlebell Dynamics stretch. Total calories burned today was 806. Workout was 1 hr 49 minutes. I finally wrote down all of the moves in Workout 3 of kettlebell dynamics. I need to do this so I know what is in those premixes
icon_smile.gif
It will help me plan better according to what I am wanting to concentrate on. Today was supposed to be mainly abs with some legs thrown in.

Lora, my dh has had to work his sleeping around. He works all night on some weekends and then he has day jobs he does. Hope you have a great time celebrating your anniversary.

Patti, good idea to take a couple of rest days. My arms were pretty fatigued today from Mesocycle 2 back and biceps yesterday. Especially when I hit round 8 of Newport.

Meahgan have fun with your step workout. I have that Oxygen issue but haven't really looked at it yet. Too busy with stuff around here right now:)

Morning Ladies! How is everyone?

Lora, happy belated anniversary. Mine was Saturday and we had a bast!

Today's workout was excellent! I did a boot camp with a friend from 6 to 7 then did a mix of a workout I saw on the web

body weight rows - 35
dead lift 60# Barbell - 30
push ups - toes 27
box jumps - 50
floor wipers holding a 30# barbell - 20 reps (ouch)
staggered alternating pushups

Then I did 15 minutes on treadmill with 10% incline and 14# vest - I feel like Diane Sue! I worked out for about 2 hours!

I think I burned many calories, but not sure. Tomorrow is gardening day. I started all my plants in the green house at a friends and I need to get them in the ground this weekend even if I have to wear my rain poncho!!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Today I start my new rotation. I am doing:

1st week - straight/drop sets doing a 4 day split, 2 day cardio.
2nd week - supersets doing a 4 day split, 2 day cardio.

Today's workout was Back & Chest. Had an excellent workout but could have gone heavier on a lot of exercises. Was testing my right shoulder.

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

1 minute rest between each exercise and set.

BACK
Unassisted Chinups: 8/6/5
***Ok, I'm embarrassed about this. I was at 15 reps with no problems. It was a struggle to get to 8. :(

Underhand Barbell Rows:
50# - 10 reps
55# - 2 sets/10 reps
***Could have gone way heavier with this.

Pullovers**:
30# - 3 sets/12 reps
27# - 12 reps
25# - 12 reps
22# - 12 reps
***Right after the 3rd set I did three drop sets with no rest.

CHEST
Barbell Press:
70# - 3 sets/8 reps
***EASY! Can definitely go heavier but really need to watch the shoulder. Felt a slight pull with this weight.

Decline Dumbbell Flyes:
25's - 3 sets/10 reps
***Fairly easy. Could have used 30's.

Incline Dumbbell Press**:
30's - 3 sets/12 reps
25's - 10 reps
22's - 10 reps
20's - 10 reps
***Again, right after the 3rd set I did three drop sets with no rest. These got hard by the 2nd drop set. It was all I could do to get to 10 reps.

Felt great to workout again. I am psyched about this rotation.

That is all....

Debbie - You can only get them from paceweights.com. I bought the set of 18 with a case to keep them in which cost me $90, then another $13 to get it to me, so a total of $103. You can get sets of 9 or get them without a case, both options are cheaper. But the set of 9 of course only allows you to increase one DB 4.5# or 2 DB's 2#. I posted on the OD before I picked and got many recommendations for the set of 18 with the case. I know Sonya has the set of 9 w/o a case and is happy with them. Just depends on how much versatility you want. I just didn't want to buy 9 then find I kept kicking myself because I wish I had 18 to do 2 DBs.:p

Linda - Thanks for the info. I did look into these once before but maybe I'll check into it again. I got a bonus from work and have the extra money to spend if dh says we don't need it for anything else. So maybe I'll treat myself to the set of 18.

Thanks!

Debbie - I would so elated if I could do 5 unassisted pull ups! I can (or could about a month ago) do 5 unassisted chin ups - but only 1 set - that is it!!!! You go girl!

<==== comes "dancing"
getsmiley.php
into thread!

The scale is on the move again! Down that is! Another pound gone! And right at this very minute I am wearing a pair of capris that not too long ago did not fit!

Today was Legs. And I did not want to get out of bed! I am exhausted! But used my pace weights again and had a great workout!

4DS HIS through first Blast as warmup .

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

Ran during 2 minute rest between each exercise.

LEGS
Front Squats w/DBs (heels raised):
21's# - 8 sets/11-9 reps
** Up 1# per DB.

Alternate Front Lunges:
16's - 8 sets/10 reps
***Up 1# per DB.

Leg Extensions:
25# - 8 sets/10-7 reps
**Up 1.5#. I hate this exercise, I have no idea why I suck at it so much. But it burns like mad! :confused:

Hamstring Press on HS w/4 Risers:
17# - 8 sets/14-13 reps
***Up 2#

Firewalkers:
Purple Band - 8 sets/16 reps
**I think I tightend the band tighter this morning.:eek:

DB Calf Raises:
25's - 8 sets/17-15 reps
***No focus by this point!

Finished with Combo/Blast 3 from LIS as well as the stretch. Workout was 1:06 and burned 526 calories.

Will be heading out in a bit to mow the lawn. We have a walk behind and it will take about 2 hours!:eek: Maybe I'll wear my HRM for hoots and hollers!:D

Debbie - You should so get the Pace Weights. I checked out the Platemates too, but to get 4 to do two DB's cost a more. And although the platemates are quicker I like the versatility (increments) that the Pace Weights give.

Patti - Enjoy your rest! I know I need one!

DianeSue
- Good Luck during this hectic time!

BTW, I did wear my HRM while I mowed. Apparently I walk fast, only took me 1:14 minutes (including potty & water break, refueling and putting it away) and I burned 418 calories(that really surprised as my HR never got very high).

Lora - Got the package! Thanks!

Hello to all - we are on the way to Tyler for Mother's Day. I got my workout in this morning - shoulders, biceps and triceps - the last workout of week 2, meso 3. Also did abs afterwards. Yesterday, I just did not do anything. I thought about it but it just didn't happen. I was very active though so at least there is that. And Tyler has awesome hills that I walk and I brought my vest.

Lora - missed the anniversary wishes yesterday - congrats!
Diane Sue - way to go on keep up with stuff even though you are crazy busy.
Debbie - enjoy the new rotation...sounds fun. New is always good.
Linda - YIPPEE! Go girl.
Patti - I got the GWF :)
Ally - thanks for the Mother's Day wishes. And Happy Anniversary to you, belated...
Meg - did you do the Oxygen abs? I'll be anxious to hear what you think about it.

Finally home.....looks like everyone had good workouts.

Diane Sue - I wish had the patience to be as organized as you...writing down the exercises in workouts!!

Ally - if you don't want Kickbox Surge, I'll try to get rid of it somewhere else. Please let me know. thanks.

Patti - Looking for help again. I have a mother/daughter event tomorrow night called "How sweet it is" and yup you guessed it, everyone is suppose to bring a dessert. Anyway I am hoping to bring something really healthy that the average person couldn't tell and would eat it. I know tall order, but thought I'd ask.

Linda: These aren't what I would call super clean but they are on the healthier side. I made them with Maggie (DD) for my MIL's birthday and everyone loved them and didn't know they had better for you ingredients. Plus, they are cute and if you are doing this with DD, that works too. :)

ETA: I used the Splenda brown sugar blend stuff too and that worked fine- another way to lower the calories. I also left some plain and they were good without the "icing" too.

Inside out carrot cake

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (3.5 oz) container of Gerber baby food, pureed carrots
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 Tbs splenda baking blend plus 2 Tbs splenda granulated (or you can use 1/3cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar)
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup coarsely grated carrots (2 medium)
1/2 cup raisins (2 1/2 ounces)
8 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/4 cup honey

Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 375°F. Butter 2 baking sheets or use silicon baking mats.

Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Beat together carrot puree, apple sauce, sugars, egg, and vanilla in a bowl until combined. Mix in carrots, and raisins, then add flour mixture and mix until just combined.

Drop 1 1/2 tablespoons batter per cookie 2 inches apart on baking sheets and bake, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are lightly browned and springy to the touch, 12 to 16 minutes total. (I did not do the rotation thing.)

Cool cookies on sheets on racks 1 minute, then transfer cookies to racks to cool completely. While cookies are baking, blend cream cheese and honey in a food processor until smooth. Sandwich flat sides of cookies together with a generous tablespoon of cream cheese filling in between.

Last edited:
Linda - those bars I posted a week ago or so are also good and healthy. Patti made them - they sort of end up being like a frozen dessert so not sure how that would work though.

Hello ladies,

I am so sore today from Butts and Guts! My second day of soreness. Ugh.

For my workout, I did the push/pull upper body premix from Muscle Max, then 2 sections form Tracey's Core Blast, then the post-cycling premix from her Yoga Solutions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.