Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 1

lorajc

Cathlete
I'm off to do some cardio and hopefully Squeeze for Lower Body/Abs and some yoga, Kundalini or other. Be back later.

Good Morning:)
Lora great workout you have planned. How long do you usually workout?

Debbie great rotation you made! Havent done BM2 double upper body in a long time and today I am so sore. I guess since it is more endurance it's harder for me to go heavier. The push ups off the ball were so hard for me i was getting frusterated}( I will let you know how it's working for me:) By the way you are look amazing!
BBL
Randi

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am working on my own doing chest/back/shoulders. I have another job I will be applying too today and I have to clean the house and a few other things.

Lora,

I really want that blue moon. What to do..what to do..

Charlotte~~

This morning was Back, Bi's and Forearms using the 5/5 count and 2 minutes rest between each set. Pretty much a burner, I like slower reps better then fast ones. I don't think I could do this all the time though, I lose my concentration too easily.

Back:
Wide Grip Pullups: 4/3/3 (I really thought I'd be able to get to 5 since my chest wasn't sore but not so.)
Underhand Barbell Rows: 55# - 3 sets/5 reps
Pullovers: 30# - 1 set/5 reps; 32# - 2 sets/5 reps
T-Back Squeeze: Silver band - 1 set/5 reps; Purple band - 2 sets/5 reps (The silver band was too hard to use with the slow counts)

Biceps:
Barbell Curls: 45# - 3 sets/5 reps (burner!)
Preacher Curls: 40# - 3 sets/5 reps (burner!)

Forearms:
Overhand Wrist Curls: 12's - 1 set/12 reps; 15's - 2 sets/8 reps
Underhand Barbell Wrist Curls: 35# - 3 sets/12 reps

Need to do abs tonight. Ran out of time.

Thanks Randi! Have fun with the rotation!

Hope you all have a great workout!

I ended up doing Cardio Coach #1, most of the running on the treadmill and some of the steady state on the Ellipitical (for a change - since I walked sooooo much last week in Vegas). I then did Katina Hunter's Turn & Burn - Vertical Step party (all but warmup). I also did Power Squeeze lower body and abs and then Kundalini with Ravi & Ana - Journey thru the Chakras - lower set 30". During the cardio with cool down and stretch, I burned 550 calories and it took 1 hour 25 minutes.

I loved Katina's step workout also. I'm very surprised that these are so good. I wasn't expecting this. The music isn't bad, the set is nice and she teaches well and has a nice personality. I did not get all of the moves down first time thru, but it's not complex, yet interesting enough to keep it from being boring. She did Power Parties throughout (intervals). My face was beet red at the end of cardio....which only means I really had a good workout. I also jumped a lot more moves than they did. (in case anyone's interested www.StepParty.com and there are clips up - advanced workouts).

Diane Sue - I am surprised that I'm slightly sore in some different places today after Tracey's Sculpt Sweatfest. I wish it was a bit longer and had some more standing leg work though. I can't wait until I get my good copy so I can actually do the entire DVD. What did you get from Aromaleigh? Did I mention yesterday that Black Phoenix's soap is really good (albeit expensive)? I've been using Dorian and I'm saving my Snake Oil. I would buy more if I had money.

Randi - Since I've been without a job, my workouts have been sort of long, usually 1.5 to 3.5 hours and sometimes doing a second short cardio and yoga or stretch session in the evenings. I figure I might as well take advantage of being unemployed and do what I enjoy. I've been doing a lot of yoga, adding on Lotte Berk/Fluidity/Squeeze types of workouts for my legs. Since I just got home from a vacation that I ate way too much on, I"m trying to do lots of cardio right now. Also, since I've been trying to run a few times a week, my hamstrings are always extremely tight and I need to do the daily yoga. It's gonna suck when I go back to work and only have an hour to work out and no time for yoga.

Toasty - I know, the Blue Moon is expensive. I want another bottle, as well and I'm debating. I also want one of the Salon's. I have to go check my money stash that's dwindling. I'm afraid to spend too much since I don't really have extra income and new Cathe's and exercise stuff is important too. I'm still looking for a job in my field right now. When it gets closer to June (my unemployment runs out in July), I will start applying at stores in the mall, etc. and jobs outside of my field. The health spa/exercise job would be a freakin' dream job. Speaking of BPAL - did you see the cool black leather cuff bracelet up for sale on the Trading Post? I want one soooo bad. Sounds like you've been working hard on the house. I hope you find a good job that you enjoy.

Have a great day everyone.

Deb - I'm looking at your Get Ready for Summer Rotation. If I did it and wanted to add on my Squeeze/Fluidity - what workout would you cut short to do that? cardio or weights? Also, would it be okay to do yoga on the rest day and maybe a couple other days a week?

This morning I am splitting up my workout. I had to take my grandaughter to school this morning so did the M&F back and biceps before I took her. I am getting ready to go do some kickboxing. I think I am going to use premixes and do some of Amy Bentos Kickbox Ex, and Tracey's Sweatfest.
M&F rotation:
barbell row 65# 8 rep plus 2 negative 1set,75# 8 rep plus 2 negative 1set
wide grip pulldown Bowflex 170# 10 rep 1 set, 180# 10 rep 1 set
seated cable row bowflex 180# 10 rep 1 set
straight arm pulldown bowflex 90# 10 reps 1 set
barbell curl 50# 8 rep plus 2 negatives 2 sets
preacher curl on stability ball 45# 10 reps 1 set
concentratio curl 25# 10 reps 1 set
barbell wrist curl 35# 10 reps 2 sets
barbell reverse wrist curl 20# 10 reps 2 sets

Lora, maybe you could just do the Sweatfest lower premix after you complete the whole workout to get in some more lower. It is not very long and would extend the workout time for you. I ordered Kimberly Spreen's new KB workout. What weight of bodybar does she use and do you think maybe a heavier one would be good. I do not own one so would like to beg for one for mother's day:) Does she have options w/out the bar?

Debbie, good workout:) I liking the idea that I notice definition and am spending a whole lot less time on weight training. It is a nice change.

Hi to everyone BBL
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - I think she recommends not going any heavier than 9-12 pounds (can't remember). My bar adjusts to 8 and 12. I mostly use the 8 as to not overdo it on my shoulders. I've also used my regular Danskin weight bar which only weighs 5 pounds (on nights I was just doing a 2nd cardio session). Since you dont' have neck and shoulder problems, you might want to go a bit heavier. The only other thing to use besides a body bar would be a mop handle (which has no weight - so it won't give you the full effect) or your regular barbell without any weights on it (depending on how much it weighs). Although, if you used it, you'd have to be very careful not to knock anything over with it, as you could really do some damage. Maybe you can use a mop handle just to get the feel for the workout and if you don't really care for the combat section, you won't even need to get a body bar. I really like the combat section cuz it's unique and makes you feel "hardcore"! LOL.

Lora, thanks. I think my barbell bar is way to long. It is a weider one and I have problems sometimes with the length as it is. I would probably take out the light or something LOL. I think the combat section looks fun. That was one of the attractions for me. I forgot that you asked which aromaleigh items I bought. I bought the like a doll metamorphosis finishing powder, shadows is pearl, lolita,and the yellow not sure the name, and the dolly pure rouge. I would like to have the color washes and corset rouge also the green e/s. Later I guess:)

Hey Maniacs! This morning I did NROL Fatloss-2 workout A.
Mt. biking later today.

Here is my workout: 1 min. rest between all exersices.

Warmup: One set all exersices, low weight, no rest.
*Superset
Front Squat 3x12x48
WG seated cable row 3x12x80 (ouch!)
*Superset
SB Supine hip extension/leg curl 3x12
BB Push press 3x12x37 (killer!)
*Superset
BB Dynamic lunge 3x12x37
SB Upperbody russian twist 3x12

Workout was 47min. before a stretch...which I didn't do.:p

Not much time to address anyone, but wanted to say...

Debbie! Awesome what you've accomplished over time. Your pictures always improve (if that's possible)! You look great... BUFF!!!

Suz- I also noticed you are doing FAnTasiC with your goals too! I need to kick myself and get to it! YOu are motivating me!

Char- Your house looks so cool! I love it!

Hey to everyone else!

Gotta run...

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good morning ladies,

I hope you guys don’t mind me invading in your space, I promise I wont stay long. I just wanted to give each and every one of you ladies a great big “Shout Out” you guys are awesome.

Debbie: What the heck can I say, (((NICE))) work and I mean NICE, you look great. Major improvement, wow we! your muscles, my gosh, my mouth dropped when I seen your pictures, woman you are ripped, I was like huh…huh. Do you compete in any competitions? If too personal, I understand. Thank you, you are truly my inspiration.

Lora: You are so consistent each and everyday, my goodness, do you ever take a day off, and I thought I worked out a lot, your workouts are very well rounded and I really commend you on your effort, day after day, after day, after day, you get my point. I’d love to see your pictures. Best wishes too you on finding a job.

Charlotte: Not only are you lovely, you are a work of art, that’s all I can say looking at your progress from P90X, man oh man, that’s all I can say, nice work. Congratulations, on your new home it’s truly beautiful.

Anne: You are a cutie, I seen your pictures, they speak for themselves, you tickled me sitting in your chair at the beach, abs looking like what. What, I wouldn’t do to have abs like that. Do you have any body fat?

Diane Sue: Diane….Diane….Sue………… you are a mean FITNESS MACHINE, your body. I mean, really, do I need to say anything about your work. Not only are you ageless as well as lovely. Let me put it like this here! Ain’t, nobody bad like you. No disrespect to anyone here.

If I missed anyone, forgive me. You all look great. Well, I better get out of your space, before I get kicked out.

Teddygirl~

Lora - Do you just want to do the sqeeze/fluidity once during this rotation? I guess I don't understand the question.

Diane Sue - Nice workout! I know, it's amazing what you can accomplish with shorter more intense workouts. The proof is in the mirror!

Dallys - Awesome workout girl! And thanks for the compliment! :)

Teddygirl - Never got the competition bug going, not sure why. I just like proving to myself that I can be better. Thank you for your compliments!

Hi everyone!! Char, can't wait to see your workout! Hope you'll have time to post it!

Where's Anne?

TeddyGirl - you're welcome to join our checkin if you would like. This is a very inspiring place. They always inspire me to be and do better. I agree that everyone looks awesome. Thanks for the compliment on consistency.

Deb - Ideally, I'd like to add 2 days of Squeeze/Lotte (20") and at least 2-3 days of yoga. I can do one on the rest day? and maybe the other one's on Saturday and Sunday. I guess I'm just asking what would be better to cut short, the cardio or do a different weight premix? If you still don't understand the question, don't worry......I'll try to figure it out on my own.

Diane Sue - Aromaleigh is addicting, isn't it? I have to stay away from the site since I have no money. If you search Videofitness, you should be able to find a post where people recommend reasonably priced body bars (unless you already know of a place). They can be pricey. What poundage do you think you're going to get? Do you want me to put my DVD in and see if she actually says 9 or 12 pounds for max?

Great workouts everyone.

Dallys- good to hear from you. I was wondering where you've been.

Hey guys. My internet has been down. If not one thing then another. I still have DOMS, mainly my hams abs. Feels lovely when I cough!LOL!

Lora, yeah you have to have a MySpace account, but that is easy. Just some pretty cool pics they have. I would LOVE to see them in concert, but they aren't coming here anytime soon either.

Anne- missed ya too!

Dallys- have a nice bikeride today!

Char- can't wait to see the pics!

I agree with what Teddygirl said about all of you!

Lora- I need to put in another Bpal order. I am out of all my favorites! I wish it didn't take so long to get them! LOL!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics to NYC GTG and Christmas Albums 3/6/07

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

I finished my workout. I did Amy Bento KickBox extreme quick nrg premix no stretch, then did Tracey Staehle short sweatfest kickbox premix. I wore my weighted gloves throughout both. My grandaughter is staying the night tonight so I think we will be doing some drawing and painting for fun. I need to run to the grocery store before I pick her up or I will have a cart full of extra things LOL.

Lora, yes, I would appreciate if you would check on the bodybar weight recommendation. I saw that fwonline was having a may special on some. We do have an Academy sports here that I have seen some in. I was still thinking maybe 15#. Yes, aromaleigh is addicting. I read the forums there all of the time. I love make up anyway. They have such a huge amount of choices.

Teddy girl, thank you for the compliment:D

Maeghan, I am sorry you are having internet problems. We just finished having computer problems. Bought two new laptops LOL.
You are inspiring to me as well. You have made awesome accomplishments in your physique.

Charlotte, are you all settled with the fence, curtains and everything yet?

Thanks DS. I have gotten alot of compliments lately, and honestly, it is weird LOL! I mean, it is absolutely flattering, but it is hard to see myself that way. Especially realizing that I am smaller then my sister, and I have always wanted to look more like her. People who come into the diner think I am her! I just bought a pair of size 4 jeans last night. That is mind blowing to me!
All of you are the reason that I can say all that, since joining this check in is really what started me to this path. SO thanks all of you!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics to NYC GTG and Christmas Albums 3/6/07

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Diane Sue - she doesn't specify on Absolute Kickboxing. Maybe I remember hearing it on the other CIA Kickbox one with Combat Intervals. I think she said no more than 9#. You're a maniac.....so maybe 15 will be good for you. I know you'd be fine with 12. The only reason I'm thinking 15 may be heavy is cuz I remember you saying that you prefer the 1# weighted gloves like me too....but these moves are different. Maybe you can look at one at the store and test it out. Let me know what you get. I'm curious.

I made it through the grocery store and got soaked when I was going out to the car. It decided to dump buckets on me. I was wondering if any of you have problems with sweaty weighted gloves. Mine smell like sour rags. I have sponged them, and sprayed them with febreeze and also sit them with a fan and an ionic breeze. I finally gave up today and put them in a delicates laundry bag and ran them through the washer. None of them say washable.

Maeghan, you have every right to feel good and be proud of yourself. You worked for it.

Lora, the reason I was thinking 15# for the combat is because I use 12# on Amy's ab workouts where she is swinging the weights around and overhead. You know the ones on All Pump Ex and her ab and str dvd. I will let you know when I decide.

Diane Sue - I also use a 10-12 pounder on Amy's....but sometimes I don't go all the way up high over head due to my neck/shoulder problems. Some of the combat segments work the shoulders and upper back quite a bit. I guess they work the core and legs too :). I will be anxious to see what you think of the DVD. It isn't a real heart rate killer....but if you really get down low and put a lot of effort into the moves, you can get a pretty decent moderate to high moderate cardio (at least -- I can). Kimberly's other one's with Combat drills are the CIA Kickbutt Bootcamp one (Amazon.com has it) and the other one is Progressive Strength (only available at Collage). The latter has a half hour total body/functional weight workout and 1/2 hour combat drills. I had to have all of the DVDs with combat drills after Absolute Kickboxing.

Just got done doing Body Max 2 abs. I really love that ab work, it's excellent!

Lora - Just cut a cardio day down a bit and add what you want. You can always do yoga in the evenings, too, if you want.

Hope you all have a great evening!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.