Hardcore Fitness Maniacs July 25,2010 Sunday

WD

Cathlete
I thought I would get this started. Today is a rest day. Next week I will use the Turbo Fires but alternate them somewhat with other cardio. I will check back in a bit.

Rest day for me too
Someone mentioned that you had the gauntlet, viper dvd. Is this one I should think of adding to my collection?

Diane Sue,

Someone mentioned you had the viper, gauntlet dvd. Is this one that I should maybe add to my collection? What are your reviews on it?

Lori,

Someone else also told me you were the one that did a Tae Bo the other day. I found my Billy w/outs and was wondering which one you did, I cannot remember which ones were the really challenging workouts, l thought you started with the advanced but I cannot remember.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Good Morning -

Roselyn - I saw your question yesterday (thanks for your thoughts about Insanity, btw :) )-I posted pretty late last night. (Just went back to that thread, so I could copy and paste it here):

[I did his Ultimate Lower Body a few days ago. It's the one that's really mostly different kicks. I like his Get Ripped Advanced Series, too (I have 2 of those - not sure if there are more than that - hard to find them anymore). Also have the Ultimate Butt and Abs workouts. They're both good ,too - not for cardio so much, but quite a bit of work that reminds me of the "Leg Conditioning Drills" from Kickmax. The floorwork is pretty darn tough (especially for U. Butt) I think, too. Pretty sure Cheryl did something the other day - "Ultimate Fat Burner" ... maybe? So many of the titles are just slightly different. I confuse them. Diane Sue has/likes some of the older Tae Bo's, too. Which one's do you have?]

Also would add that it seems like most of his "live" workouts are pretty good. The series that came out with the black resistance tubing had some Ok workouts, too.

Diane Sue - Hope you enjoy your rest day :D

Hermia - You must have worked out REALLY late last night. Wow :eek: KPC is a good one. About Pilates - I've only tried it a couple times. Wasn't very impressed, though I probably should give it a more thorough chance before settling into that opinion. Interested to hear what you think of it if you attend any more classes :D.

I did a 50/15 interval workout yesterday. 50 rounds of different exercises - a lot of push up variations, pull ups, abs and unilateral leg movements. I'd originally planned to make the rest for 10 seconds, but checking the paper I'd written the exercises on AND getting what I needed would have cut into the work interval's time (50 sec). 15 was just about right. I was trying to come up with a strength based cardio workout that was no impact. This worked pretty well. I'd say it was a decent steady state for the most part. I worked hard and it went REALLY fast. Close to an hour including warm up - I was surprised to be done.

Today, I don't know. My feet feel good. I'm considering the Gauntlet. So much to do today though. Just not sure :confused:

Hope everyone's enjoying their Sunday.

Lori

Gauntlet is done. Good workout today - that surprised me a little. Felt no energy when I started - kicked in for me though. Need to work on the yard, cleaning ... laundry - also need to study (it doesn't seem like those things EVER make it off my 'to do' list :confused: ).

I hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Lori

Roselyn, I do have the Terminator dvd. I really like it a lot. Definitely think it would be a great addition to your workouts. The Viper and Gauntlet are pretty much circuit type workouts alternating intervals and weights. I Max Extreme is pretty much all cardio except those compound light weight moves from Cardio and Weights. The Gauntlet has a little more lower body in it and the squat thrust teminators in it. The Viper hits a lot of upper body. Both have plenty of the I Max intervals in them.

Lori, I drive up an look at my yard and cringe because I know I need to get out there. I do keep it up but right now it is so hot. Then I do all of that work and come back to find I need to start again. Last time I laid off for a bit it took 6 hrs to get all of the planters etc. cleaned back up. Which reminds me, I need to go put a sprinkler in an area that the sprinkler system seems to be missing. I am taking notes on which plants hold up to rain, drought, and heat. Seems that the begonias and petunias I planted hold up. My tomatoes are not setting which totally irritates me:(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.