HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS JULY 24

Today I did Insanity Max Circuit. Had a good workout, I had taken a little break from Insanity so it felt good to do this today.

Going to have some breakfast, I think an egg and some whites.

Have a good Saturday all.

Thanks for the comments yesterday, everyone. Theresa, I will definitely look up the Indian thing you are doing. Can you send me a link? It can't hurt, right?

Roselyn - Glad you are over your migraine. That is the worst!

Nice workouts yesterday, eveyone. You all did really well! My eats yesterday were bad bad bad.... Today is a new day.

I felt good this morning so I decided to do my back and bicep workout. Did Meso 2, Week 3, Disc 21, Back & Biceps. Almost done with Meso 2, just one more week then a recovery week.

Had an excellent workout and really pushed it. Got to puke status a few times as well.

This was another Double Wave Load workout.

Side note: Anyone else get bugged by Denise in the background? She's annoying!

Warmup:
Lat Pulldowns w/Band - Green band/12 reps
T-Pull w/Band - Green band/12 reps
Y's w/Band - Green band/12 reps

Workout:
Overhand Pullups - All Bands/12 reps
Medium Grip Chinups - All Bands/12 reps
Chinups - All Bands/12 reps
***Didn't want to chance doing chins with my shoulder/neck the way it's been. The band work really gets in there good. I believe I'm pulling about 80#.

Barbell Rows - 60#/12 reps
Barbell Rows - 60#/10 reps
Barbell Rows - 60#/8 reps
***Should have went up here.

One-Arm Row - 35#/12 reps
One-Arm Row - 37#/10 reps
One-Arm Row - 40#/8 reps
One-Arm Row - 35#/12 reps
One-Arm Row - 37#/10 reps
One-Arm Row - 40#/8reps
***Not sure what Cathe's train of thought was on this one. If I would have done up this workout, I would have done the Barbell Rows with the double wave load. it takes way too long to do one-arm anythings and doing it as a double wave load just adds to that time.

Barbell Deadlifts - 60#/12 reps
Barbell Deadlifts - 60#/10 reps
Barbell Deadlifts - 60#/12 reps (to failure)
***Should have went up here, too. Wasn't too challenging.

Barbell Curl - 50#/12 reps
Barbell Curl - 52#/10 reps
Barbell Curl - 55#/7 reps
Barbell Curl - 50#/10 reps
Barbell Curl - 51#/8 reps
Barbell Curl - 52#/8 reps
***This is where I felt like to puke. My biceps are sucking out right now. Usually by now I'm curling about 55-60# without a struggle. Not so today. But instead of lowering my weights, I pushed it as far as I could go with the reps and went to failure. That is the only way I get strength in my bi's.

Incline Double-Arm Curls w/Twist on SB - 15's/12 reps
Incline Double-Arm Curls w/Twist on SB - 15's/10 reps
Incline Double-Arm Curls w/Twist on SB - 15's/10 reps (to failure)

Reverse Dumbbell Curl - 16's/12 reps
Reverse Dumbbell Curl - 16's/10 reps
Reverse Dumbbell Curl - 16's/10 reps (to failure)

Debbie - Very glad your neck feels better:) . Boy, do I remember the Double Wave Loads :eek: Great workout, though. I think next week is drop sets (if I recall correctly). I've actually been considering just doing that week of STS sometime soon.

Roselyn - I've really been considering buying Insanity (again) lately. Did you follow the program exactly as it was laid out when you did it? Did you have any issues with all the high impact (joint pain for example?)? Just curious. Anyway, great workout.

Yesterday I did some intervals on my bike. It was not a long workout, but one of the tougher ones I've ever done. I truly could not stand up for quite some time when I was done. I didn't do the 50/10 interval workout I'd planned (I will do it today). I did however, do some yoga (Baptiste's Foundations - 80 minutes). The full workout is about 100 minutes total I think, but I started at the Sun Salutation segment.

I hope you all enjoy your Saturday!

Lori

Just a quick hello to answer Debbie's question

http://www.performbetter.com/detail.aspx_Q_ID_E_4590

Here is the link to the clubs, it comes w/ an instructional DVD and performbetter.com has free shipping through 7/25. The clubs are about $10-20 more expensive everywhere else. I also need to add that I got a new pillow that is memory foam which seems to help as well. The club exercises combat the "computer" hunch which very well may be agrevating your neck. It really stretches out the chest and strengthens the shoulders, I was pleasantly suprised :) I also took Aleve when it started aching which worked loads better than advil.

Oh my eats have been pure c-r-a-p today :( 2 pieces of pizza, garlic bread, and sugar cookies w/ icing.....so much for slowing down.........

This morning I took it easy on myself. I did 4 Day Split Low Intensity Step cardio only mix 37 minutes, Bob Harpers Warrior Yoga 57 min, and Bob Harper's Yoga Abs 17 min. We had to leave out early to run some errands and stopped for lunch. Then we looked at some houses for fun and stopped at the local Java Daves so. I could pick up some coffee and Torino's Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup. Eats have not been so good today. No breakfast. We stopped for lunch at a different restaurant. Didn't see healthy choices so got a side salad. It was half croutons and walnuts:eek: They said the dressing was fat free ranch but I don't think that it was. So maybe I shouldn't even mention the iced coffee at Java Daves that I watched them pour chocolate milk and chocolate syrup in. SO hopefully tonight is better. BTW when I do Bob Harper's Yoga the one woman's clothes bother me. It looks like she is wearing undergarments or something. What is with those shorts with the lace on the bottom?

Debbie, I haven't noticed Denise in the background. Nice workout.

Lori,

I really love Insanity and I had no issues with joint problems.

I know someone mentioned they pulled out an old Billy Blanks Tae Bo, I just found mine and was wondering which one you did?

Lori, great job on not being able to walk, (I think :D ) Sounds like you got a good workout in and some yoga fit in there. I really enjoyed my yoga workout today. Although Bob Harper's has quite a bit of strength built into it.

Theresa, those things happen with eating. You will get it turned around. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Roselyn, I believe it was Lori that did the Billy Blanks workout.

Hermia, I get migraines. It works best if I take Excedrin as soon as I start to feel it coming on. Usually I ignore it and I have to really suffer. I take Imitrex (prescription) as a last resort because it makes me sleepy. Mostly, I think we have to endure them once they hit hard. Sometimes I think stress headaches or muscle tension headaches precipitate them, if that makes sense. Glad you got another computer. Mine is driving me crazy.

Last edited:
Roselyn - Thanks for your input on Insanity :) . I tend to use the older Tae Bo's for lower impact days. They're pretty good steady state workouts. I did his Ultimate Lower Body a few days ago. It's the one that's really mostly different kicks. I like his Get Ripped Advanced Series, too (I have 2 of those - not sure if there are more than that - hard to find them anymore). Also have the Ultimate Butt and Abs workouts. They're both good ,too - not for cardio so much, but quite a bit of work that reminds me of the "Leg Conditioning Drills" from Kickmax. The floorwork is pretty darn tough (especially for U. Butt) I think, too. Pretty sure Cheryl did something the other day - "Ultimate Fat Burner" ... maybe? So many of the titles are just slightly different. I confuse them. Diane Sue has/likes some of the older Tae Bo's, too. Which one's do you have?

Diane Sue - Thank you :D. The bike intervals were ... something else :eek: Need to do those more often - maybe ... :p I really enjoyed yoga last night, too. Had to force myself to get started, though. Sometimes it's even harder for me to slow/calm down then it is to get warmed up for a tough workout. I take my flexibility for granted. Have a lot of "Gumby" like qualities. It's imbalanced, though. My hamstrings, hip flexors, calves etc., have always been very limber, but I'm noticing that my shoulder girdle is pretty tight. And all of it needs attention to maintain and improve (ever room for that) - I am really going to work to make it a more consistent part of my weekly schedule. Glad you took it a bit easier today. And your lunch/coffee probably did you good, too. Sounded like a fun day :D Chuckled about the woman in the yoga video. Think I know what you mean. If something LOOKS like underwear, it pretty much IS ... isn't it :confused: ??? Would be distracting.

Theresa - "Off" days happen - you have a lot going on. It can be super hard not to seek out the familiar for comfort. I do it, too (and then remember the reason I was moving away from old "familiar habits" was because they made me feel like crap). Just be good to yourself as much as you can. Been thinking about you.

Ok - Have a good evening (what's left of it) :)

Lori

Last edited:
Just a quick check in...just finished a late workout. I did KPC warm up and combos and abs. Didn't feel up to the drills this late. Okie dokie, shower and nighty-night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.