HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS JULY 18

Just did a quick 30 minute brazil butt w/out and about 20 minutes of abs

I posted late last night but I am looking for reviews for Turbo Fire before I purchase, thanks ladies, have a great Sunday.

Roselyn-
I have only done the 30 min Fire Class and the 15 min HIIT class, but I really liked both. The music is great, time seems to fly by, and it's hard without being ridiculous. I can tolerate Chalean in this series much better than I tolerated her in the CLX. Hope this helps.

today's workout and a Turbo Fire review

Ran 4 slow miles in the heat - but hey i did it. I earned my Sunday pancakes!

I really like Turbo Fire. You can make every workout harder or easier depending on how you're feeling, the ab workouts are excellent (Core 20!), and all those 10 minute stretches are short enough to fit in, as opposed to the hour yoga I can't seem to get to. The HIITs are hard but not impossible, and can be scaled up or down. I tend to do 4 days cardio a week, so adding that 5th day with a HIIT for 20 minutes was a great way to do so without killing myself - well, ok it killed me but it was short. Think of the Cathe HIIT workouts from STS cardio. The Fire workouts are full out and really fun - I like that she does really long combinations on the Fires so three combos and you are already close to 40 minutes into it. I am not a Step workout girl - kickboxing is close to running for me in terms of cardio faves (with boot camp style stuff in third). So if you want dancy dancy this is not it.

The Strength/Tone workouts are pretty good- I tack onto my own upper and lower body workouts for a 2nd hit to each muscle group. But I like the Upper 20/Lower 20 more in terms of challenge. This being summer, I tend to ease up on heavy weights for lighter resistance fare so this works. Also, the tubing is surprisingly challenging if you do it right.

Here's something else I like: Chalene is way way fit of course, but not ripped to shreds. She has a real healthy gorgeous body, which is good role model material for me. (And my girls who watch me work out sometimes.)

Hope that helps. Have a great Sunday!
Julie

Hi -

Thanks for the review, Julie (very much agree on your role model point).

Roselyn - How do you like the Brazilian Butt stuff?

Yesterday, I pulled together something like a circuit workout. Did Chest and Back segments from PH with supplemental add ons (pull ups, different push up variations, etc). I also did several tabata rounds - one on my bike and some different plyo rounds, and some abs. Actual work time came to just about an hour. It was a pretty good workout. Evidently, I'm doing a 3 day split with PH. That's ... unique, huh? Plan to finish today with shoulders, bis, tris, in the same format. Haven't 'designed' it yet, but will soon. Lots of stuff to do today. Hope you all are having a great Sunday.

ttyl

Lori

Today has been a rest day for me. I did Slim Series Express Cool it off stretch and 15 min of Lawrence Biscontini foam roller myofascial portion which he incorporates throughout the workout. I have been a major slug all day. I sat around and read, got on the computer for a bit. Did laundry etc.. Just nothing pressing:D

Julie, nice description of Turbo Fire. I agree that Chalene is a great role model. I do think she is a little dancey as in "shake it baby" and I do really love her personality. I guess I should say she is more Kickbox with some high impact moves that can be modified if you follow the modifier. Chalene is just different from other kickbox workouts. They are lots of fun:D

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.