Hardcore Fitness Maniacs July 1

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Skinny Bitch Bootcamp. Workout was 53" and I burned 517 calories. The cueing on this DVD was horrible, but I enjoyed the workout since Patrick Goudeau coreographed it. It mixed athletic drills, light weights and kickboxing, etc. It got horrible reviews on Amazon cuz they call you bitches and use other cuss words, but this doesn't bother me.

I posted this last night after having a particularly stressful day yesterday (and it was late so nobody was around).
I've been having TTOTM since June 2 ....so today, I went to the OB/Gyn and he did an ultrasound and said my endometrium was 3 times thicker than it was the last time I had one which indicates dypslasia. He explained it can be early stages of cancer (I'm 49 and just started menopause last year). I was totally shocked by this, as I thought I was just having problems with stress and hormones, not cancer.

He said I need a biopsy ASAP. I asked if it could wait until August (due to work reasons), he said no way and sort of scared me with how adamant (spelling??) he was that it had to be done sooner.

Of course, I researched stuff online and now I'm even more scared. I hope someone can help ease my stress about this. Anyone go thru this?

Debbie - LOVE LOVE LOVE your baby kitty!!!!!

Have great workouts everyone. I work open to close today....JOY!

Last edited:
Today I did a power yoga workout that I haven't done in forever. I did Bryan Kest's Energize and LOVED IT! So much so that I think I might cut one day of cardio and add in another day of yoga.

I cannot believe how tight my muscles are. I use to be able to do this workout flawlessly. I had to stop a lot throughout the workout this morning because I couldn't hold the poses as long as he has you holding them. I feel so good right now, he's right, my body is actually tingling.

So tomorrow I will do cardio, Friday another total body workout and then Saturday I'll do yoga again. I think I need to do yoga at least twice a week to get the benefits from it. Wish I could do it more.

Lora - I agree with your doctor - do not waste time! Get that test done and find out if you have cancer. If it is in the early stages you can take care of it. Waiting just isn't an option. Good luck to you!

Morning maniacs! I did Plyo Legs Disc 32 and Pilates based abs. I love the Pilates abs. :D I feel great- I've done all 4 of the plyo workouts now and I have to say they are awesome workouts- probably my favorite part of STS. :)

Lora: I'm sorry you're going through this- I don't know anything about it but I agree with Debbie, go get that done ASAP!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I took Speck for a walk with me along the Greenway was about 4 miles. My weight is going down now. Happy about that. I didn't work my arms yesterday because my triceps are still sore from pullovers (back workout but tri's always are involved) so gonna work arms today and double ab work.

Lora,

Just go asap and find out what is really going on so you know how to deal with whatever it is and not worry too long about it. I know I need to go to OB/GYN soon as I haven't been in 5 years. My last appt didn't happen cuz doctor had to leave unexpectedly.

Debbie,

I love the way yoga makes you feel after your done. I keep telling myself I need to do more yoga too. I need to write a list of what I need and want to do and get r done. :eek:

Lora-dyplasia usually means pre-cancerous... I'm sorry but I don't know what TTOTM means. To agree with the other ladies, sooner is always better than later when it comes to your health. When was your last pap/pelvic exam?

Debbie-great work on the power yoga, I hear you on needing to incorporate it more. I always feel great after.

Patti-I'm in love with plyo legs as well. It's on my list to do Thursday.

Today will be cardio for me...

TTYL-
Theresa

Theresa - TTOTM - That time of the month.

Yesterday, I did CC#1 and it irritated me b/c I meant to do #5 but my ipod was dead so I had to charge it, hook it into the sound system that plays in the ceiling and then go into the room where my equipment is. I thought it didn't sound right but kept going rather than waste time stopping, going in, changing it, starting over, etc. It was all good b/c I just pushed that much harder :) Did warm up, steady 1 and challenge 1 on the SM and the rest on the TM. Burned 350 calories. Also swam 300-350 meters. I lost count but know it was at least 300.

Lora - good heavens - go find out. If you have a doctor that has been tracking this, then he is on top of it and it isn't like you have let a decade go by without any checkups. Theresa is right - dysplasia is just some funky cells and it could be the beginning of cancer but it isn't advanced, and you don't want it to be, nor do you want TTOM to continue on either. Please, take care of this. I had some cervical pre-cancerous cells that I had to have taken care of . It wasn't pleasant but it is done. I understand your fear, believe me, but you need to do whatever you need to do now rather than wait.

Patti - I should try the Plyo :) I think I am going to turn down my RT spot:(

Char - way to go! I posted on your FB page.

Debbie - I have got to get my yoga out too. My body really needs that in its life!

Shana: Bummer, but I hear you on your priorities. New fitness stuff always wins!! :) I should find you on FB- I keep forgetting.

Patti - yes, bummer! Mark really doesn't care and actually thinks I should go but I feel terrible spending money on the new sport and then saying, "hey, let me spend another $500+ here to go have a fun weekend!" The bike I want is out there, money-wise, then I need shoes for the bike... and then are there entry fees, and I could use some actual tri shorts and a top, and stuff for the bike, and, and, and:D

Theresa - I forgot to answer you - there is a transition area with bike stands and you keep your bike and other equipment there. You come in for the swim, get your bike, helmet, shoes etc, go out for the ride, come back in and store your bike then head back out for the run.

You guys have mentioned yoga and I have a couple dvd but which ones do you all recommend?

Roslyn, I have a bunch of good ones. Bryan Kest is my favorite, I have this set:

http://www.poweryogastore.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=D-BKS

And the price is awesome for these three workouts. I know I paid more then that for it.

I also have a few from Karen Voight, this one being my favorite:

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/karen-voights-yoga-power-7080

Oh yea, and it's July 1st and the high today is only suppose to be 62 degrees! WTF??? Weird.

Wait...WHAT???!:eek: We are in the 100s... I would pay for a day like yours :p

Roselyn, I use Flexible Warrior. It is perfect for me b/c it is for people who are not terribly limber and it is strictly athletic yoga.

Linda - if you are checking in, I hope you and your kids are feeling better.

Shana, which Flexible Warrior do you have? I, like both you and Debbie am very inflexible, but know I need to incorporate more stretch/yoga into my rotations.

Debbie, we're at 68* for a high in MI today. Thanks for the yoga recs!

Shana - I'm here. Everyone is feeling better, so I took them to the local theater that shows free movies during the summer. Than we ran some errands. I hate yoga, do you think I'd like Flexible Warrior?

No workout for me today, but I did manage an hour of shovel/weed/mulch max before the sky opened up and poured on me, then I had to leave anyway.

Last edited:
Shana - I'm here. Everyone is feeling better, so I took them to the local theater that shows free movies during the summer. Than we ran some errands. I hate yoga, do you think I'd like Flexible Warrior?

It's funny how you either love yoga or you don't. Same thing with Pilates. I HATE Pilates. Bores me to tears. And sometimes I can't get into yoga with the mind/body thing but I still do it because I love how I feel afterwards.

Glad you are all feeling better, Linda!

Linda - I have a hard time accepting the pace of yoga and feeling like my mind is supposed to take a journey or something. This is not that at all, nor is it funky moves. It is straightforward with good instruction and is designed for athletes whose flexibility does not lend itself to yoga and all of those crazy, crazy moves! Afterwards, I felt very good, stretched out but my muscles also took notice of something different so that was nice.

Here is a clip of the one I have: http://www.mypypeline.com/store/video/flexibility-10-flexible-warrior-yoga-series-power-sequence/

just finished my workout. 40 minutes and 460 calories. I did kickbox extreme1-3 and stepbox 1-3. I'm pooped.

Have a great evening everyone.
Theresa

Lora---I hope you go into the doctor soon. Knowing what exactly is up will make you feel better; if you don't know you'll just be thinking about it and imagining all sorts of things. Best to find out as soon as possible and therefore start dealing with it sooner.

I haven't worked out yet today because I've just eaten dinner, but I will soon. Monday I did Low Impact Circuit and yesterday was Pure Power with Rainbeau Mars. I worked on my headstands a bit and added a couple extra stretches afterwards.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.