Hardcore Fitness Maniacs January 16th

Had a great workout this morning. Looking for some good music to workout to. Any one got any good ideas? Nothing to obnoxious please:p.

Superset A
BB Squats
12/12/12 - 87's
One Arm Over Head Press
8/8/8 - 26's

Superset B

Static Lunge
8/8/8 - 36's
DB Pullover
12/12/12 - 42#

Superset C
Inverted Row w/ Feet on SB
12/12/12
X-Body Mountain Climbers w/ Feet on Ball
10/10/10 per side
Plank on SB
30 sec. hold x 3

Then interval cardio at 30/90 ratio for six rounds going over step w linge backs. Then did the stretch from IMAX 3. I also added a few more upper body stretches, while I made DS's breakfast.

Suz - So sorry to hear about your back. I hope you recover soon!

Teddy - I did KPC last week and had the same experience!

Happy Friday Maniacs! I'm getting ready to do CLX Burn Circuit #3 and I'll watch the Kettlebell Clinic DVD by Lisa Shaffer and do the "Cleans" Section. I have no desire to workout this morning. I just want to lay around. If I didn't have to work, that's just what I'd do.:p

Hey to everyone, great workouts so far!

Today was Pyramid Lower Body. I was suppose to do the entire workout but skipped the floor work because most of the exercises irritate my knees and hips. Plus after doing the standing work I was wiped out. I also did ab work and killed it!!!

LEG
Pyramids:
Leg Press Station: 150#/160#/170#/160#/150# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
***These were suppose to be step-ups. I wanted to use my LP station since I haven't in quite a while. Got an excellent burn in the glutes with this.

Static Lunges: 65#/75#/85#/75#/65# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps

Superset Squats/Plies: 65#/75#/85#/75#/65# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps

Elevated Deadlifts: 50#/60#/70#/60#/50# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
***Legs were rubber at this point.

ABS
From Oxygen magazine - Abs Triset
Hanging Knee Raises - 3 x 15/12/10
Bench V-Ups - 3 x 15/12/10
Reverse Bench Crunch - 3 x 15/12/10
***LOVE this routine. It is a killer. My lower abs were really burning by the time I got done.

That is all...

Suz - I thought of you while doing deadlifts today. Hope your back is feeling better.

Nice workouts all!!!

I finished my workout. I really liked the "cleans" section of Lisa Shaffers's Clinic DVD. It helped me tremendously (I was a forearm banger, but no longer!). I am sporting a nice broken blood vessel on my finger though.:eek:

Hi everyone!

Today was PLB for me too-- I did do the floor work and well, it wasn't pretty. :p I increased everything by 5# from the last time I did the workout. Yay! I think I can move up again next time- slow and steady on the increases. I also used Cathe's 10# vest- kind of nice to lift a lighter BB.

Leg Press: 35#/40#/45#/40#/35# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
-- This was the toughest exercise for me today- started with 6 risers and dropped to 5. My form really improved. :)

Static Lunges: 35#/40#/45#/40#/35# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps

Superset Squats/Plies: 40#/45#/50#/45#/40# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
-- I really noticed that my legs are getting stronger here. I think I prefer using a dumbbell for the plies- I get a deeper squat for some reason.

Deadlifts: 45#/50#/55#/50#/45# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps

Floorwork: I did it- don't know the names for everything so I won't list it in detail. The one legged glute lifts on the ball in the beginning are KILLER. Mine um, don't really look like Cathe's. :eek:

Suz: Nice new toy! Enjoy. :) I hope your back is feeling better.

Linda: I'll check my iPod "I'm a runnin'" playlist and be back in a second.

Debbie: Incredible weights as always. :)

Hi Teddy and Dallys!

Linda: One of my favorite workout playlists- works for cardio or weight training. Don't laugh, there are some 80's flashbacks on there. :) Of course, this isn't a CD you can buy but if you do the download thing, there might be a few ideas on here for you.

All for You- Janet Jackson
Maniac- Michael Sembello
Eye of the Tiger- Survivor
Pretty Vegas- INXS
Footloose- Kenny Loggins
Switch- Will Smith
Hollaback Girl- Gwen Stefani
Shake It- Metro Station
In da Club- 50 Cent
LoveStoned- Justin Timberlake
Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)- Big & Rich
Summer Nights- Van Halen
Battleflag- Pigeonhed
Cum on Feel the Noise- Quiet Riot
What You Get is What You See- Tina Turner
Nothin' But a Good Time- Poison
Laid- James
Hey Ya!- Andre 3000
Feel Good Inc.- Gorillaz

The one legged glute lifts on the ball in the beginning are KILLER. Mine um, don't really look like Cathe's. :eek:

Okay, when I read this Patti the first thing that came to mind was...."Is that your lifts or your glutes that don't look like Cathe's?:p" Sorry:D Nice workout by the way. How'd you like the vest?

Linda: HA! How about neither!? Cathe has the highest, tightest butt! Is it weird that I notice that? I did like the vest, although I wish it was washable. I liked it though- took it off for deadlifts. It seemed like the thing was slipping up and that isn't good.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Good job everyone with the workouts! I am at the library right now as I thought I would stop by and get some books and such.

Plan on doing back/biceps/abs when I get home..after lunch. Will post my stats tomorrow.

have a great day

Debbie - I thought at first you were squatting that weight! My eyes popped out of my head. Still, amazing though, of course. Man, I want a leg press machine.

Patti - since you are tall, do you find the vest comfy? I hated it at first until I learned to not fasten it. That helped immensly.

Charlotte - how is your hubby?

Linda - I have no idea what the music is like, or how long it is, but Amy Bento had two music sets (I assume CDs) on her website for aobut $5 each. They were free shipping too.

Teddygirl - you made me want to get KPC out again :)

Dallys - go girl on the KBs! I ended up ordering Bento's KB and the other one too - I figure for the price and free shipping, I can do something with it!

Suz - hope the back is better. I just ordered Tough Love today- the 3 hour Spinervals...9.9 difficulty :eek:

I have today off and Monday is a school holiday so I have a 4 day weekend! Yipee! :D

Linda...I listen to what my father would refer to as "devil worship music" when I work out! :p Def Leppard, Guns and Roses, Ozzy Osbourne, Kid Rock....not sure if you would like my playlist!

Debbie...I was like Shanna when I first read your post! I was thinking....damn!!!!! :eek: :eek: then I read it was w/the LPM. Still impressive. Awesome workout!

Pattie...kudos to you for lifting heavier. You are doing some great workouts!

Teddy...I just got KPC so maybe I will try that this weekend.

Hello to all you other maniacs!

Yesterday was my rest day so I'm trying to decide whether I want to do cardio or PLB. I'll decide after another cup of coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda...I listen to what my father would refer to as "devil worship music" when I work out! :p Def Leppard, Guns and Roses, Ozzy Osbourne, Kid Rock....not sure if you would like my playlist!

I'd probably like it without the lyrics. I have workout in silence (other than DVD's) for so long I found the lyrics distracting this morning when I tried to play some music:p

Linda...LOL! Not sure how to get it w/out the lyrics but here it is....

Hellraiser.....Ozzy Osbourne
TNT.....AC/DC
All Summer Long.....Kid Rock
Armageddon It....Def Leppard
Welcome To The Jungle.....Guns N Roses
Panama.....Van Halen
Bleed It Out.....Linkin Park
Headstrong.....Trapt
Back In Black.....AC/DC
Do You Wanna Get Rocked.....Def Leppard
Shakin'.....Eddie Money

It took me awhile to get done today. I had to take my granddaughters to school this morning. My grandbaby didn't come this morning. She was running a fever yesterday so I am guessing that is why.
I started with 4Day Split Kickbox Cardio premix no stretch and burned 326 calories, then I did power ninty X Kempo + and burned 324 calories. Total cardio calories was 650.
Then when I returned from taking the girls to school I did Cardio and Weights Premix compound and heavy weights, and 4Day SPlit KB abs, I also did several moves to try and get my 1 rep Max for STS. I did the Joint Mobility segment from Empire State, Yoga Solutions post cardio segment and used the foam roller for flexibility.
Total calories burned today was 1017.

Weights went like this:
First I tried to get my 1 rep max so I did
seated overhead 1 arm tricep extensions (went to light) 14 reps 15poundleft then right
one arm row 10 reps 40# left then right
1 arm kickback 10 reps 25# left then right
Cardio and weights
upright rows 28 reps? 10# dumbbells
arnold press 15# dumbbells 1 set 16 reps 1 set 8 reps
side laterals 12# dumbbells 16 reps with holds
1 arm overhead extensions/lunge 8 reps 10# left then right
close grip bench press 20# dumbbells 2 sets 12 reps
lying tricep extensions 15# dumbbells 16 reps
bicep curl/lunge 10# 8 reps left then right
hammer curl 20# dumbbells 1 set 10 reps, 1 set 8
bicep curls 15# dumbbells 1 set 10 reps 1 set 8
deadlift/dead row 15# dumbbells 8 reps
dumbbell row 20# dumbbells 2 sets 12 reps
pushup to pyramid to side plank 12 reps
bench press 15# dumbbells 12 reps
flys 15# dumbbells 12 reps
abs/core I used 15# dumbbell for the crunches
Stretch

My broken blood blister finger is all numb. I like looking at it...makes me feel like I really worked it today. I mean really, if you're poppin veins and all...:cool:

Sonya- Great play list! I'd be rockin to that one.

Diane Sue- Another great workout for you. I don't know how you do it.:eek:

Linda- that's a tough one...rocking music with no lyrics. There's gotta be something out there. Wait! Didn't Cardio Coach Sean make audios of his workouts without the instruction? Might be something to look into.

My broken blood blister finger is all numb. I like looking at it...makes me feel like I really worked it today. I mean really, if you're poppin veins and all...:cool:

So how'd ya smash your finger?

Linda- that's a tough one...rocking music with no lyrics. There's gotta be something out there. Wait! Didn't Cardio Coach Sean make audios of his workouts without the instruction? Might be something to look into.

Funny you should mention that, because CC2 came with the instrumentals at the end and that is what I listened to this morning. And the music can have lyrics, I just don't want screaming of anything to vulgar.

Linda- I was doing Cleans with my 18# kettlebell and then upped it (Lisa Shaffer said to just try it and feel the difference) to a 26# and somehow I got the blood blister on the inside of my ring finger. I like listening to Pink Floyd sometimes while I workout. Puts me in the zone as it's kind of hypnotic.

Diane: I like the outfit you made for your grand baby she really looks adorable:):):) And you, my goodness your body is so cut;):)

I went to Sam's Club on my lunch brought a membership only bc they are giving a $25.00 gift card when you sign on the dot it line., only $40 bucks.

I am bored...tired....and want to be at home, going to turn on electric blanket and preview Charlene X I'm not taking NO phone calls this evening Nothing........but REST and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
It has been one of those odd days. I spent this afternoon showing my grandson how to use different peices of equipment. He really is worried about shrinking his waistline and he is only 8:confused: I think his parents need to quit heading to the restaurants. Trying to expain to a child how to get rid of their middle is not something I am happy about doing. How do you explain the need for good fats?? I told him he needed to avoid sweets and fried foods and increase his activity. That it was about choices in what he eats. He always heads for the workout room and uses my stuff when he gets here. They do have an exercise bike and treadmill in his house. I think his parents are both dieting so he is becoming obsessive.

Teddy, I have made my grandbaby several outfits. Still working on a sweater. I thought I needed to get busy or she will be to big for it:) Not a bad deal on Sams club. I haven't joined in quit awhile. I remember even with my children and the daycare children I purchased to large of quantities of stuff. Needed a freezer. I just get my son to take me if I am looking for something. You know I feel kind of bored too. Something needs to rattle my cage:D

Dallys, 26# is kind of heavy for the cleans. But I have had wrist bruises and a knee bruise. The snatches were getting me for awhile. I finally wrapped terry headbands around my wrists and hardly hit them now. No blood blisters here:) I don't want any. I felt like I did a whimpy workout today. Maybe I just felt like I did not push that hard.

As for music, I am into good music that draws me into a workout. I can say I have only used my own music a couple of times. I just have not been able to use the music off option on a dvd and add my own. I like all types of music though. I did find on AOS Providence that I liked the lyrics option:0

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.