Hardcore Fitness Maniacs - Jan 30

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I FORCED myself to take a rest day. I did Classical Stretch Core. It was just okay. I wish I'd have done Kundalini or Eion Finn yoga instead.

Have great workouts.

Is anyone here on FaceBook? I just joined and welcome friend requests! :cool:
(name is lora cooper)

Thanks for the prayers, everyone! Interview went well. I met with two women who I would be working with and both seemed to like me really well. I answered all their questions as best as I could and for some odd reason I was really calm and collected. I didn't stammer or lose thought. So that made me happy. Not sure when I'll hear from them, I need to send out a Thank You letter and I'll do that today.

I have another interview on Monday at 4 p.m. at another division of where I went Friday. It's for a Purchasing Agent/Inventory and I'll see what that entails. Not sure I want to be a purchasing agent but we'll see. Could be interesting. It's for another assisted living facility. So we'll see. Something good will happen, I can just feel it.

Today was Cardio and I chose Kick, Punch & Crunch and did the Ab work as well. Had a great workout and was sweating like crazy.

HR STATS for Cardio only:
56 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
13 minutes in zone
41 minutes above zone
457 calories burned

Lora-good for you :D I took a rest week, and although I felt bad it was exactly what I needed. Hope it helps you too.

Debbie-YAY :p It sounds like it went really well. And kudos to you for sending out a thank you note, it is a dying trend but it goes a LONG way. I'm pretty sure a thank you note helped my husband get into nursing school. P.S. Where did you get the T-bar attachment? Was it for standard or olympic BB's?

I am going to do a total body workout today and get my nose back to the grind on Monday. I give up sweets Monday also which should be interesting. Also, Lent starts on teh 17th, DH and I give up eating out and drining diet soda which should really help kickstart my good mojo :D

Have great weekends everyone
Theresa

This morning I did Insaniity Plyometric Circuit adding a 6 min w/up before I started workout was 47 minutes and I burned 421 calories Max HR was 173. This workout was tough. Kept coughing through it since I am coming down with a cold. Sean T gets the HR way up then you do a stretch and really hit the workout. He does some really good stretching.
Then I did Gym Style floor legs and stretch using my blue non latex Cathe band 30 min, 124 calories, followed with P90X abs/core plus 21 min 185 caloreis(felt I should have done the abs first) I finished off with 24 minutes of stretching and foam roller. Workout was 2 hr 2 min and Calories burned was 819.

Debbie, that is great that the interview went well. Best of luck with the next one:)

Lora, good for you taking a rest day. I will have plenty when I go on acation:D Thinking tomorrow is usually a total rest day but I will do stretching and/or yoga since I probably am still going to be home bound due to my drive being packed with ice and snow.

Theresa, giving up sodas would be easy for me. I hardly drink them. Now if it was coffee I would be in trouble LOL DIL gives up chocolate every year. she ends up here for dh birthday and can't eat the german chocolate cake. We are doing it early since he gets to come home because he has 4 days off for presidents day. Maybe she can still have cake:D

Posting P90X abs core + but won't post the GS since it was all with the same band. That heavy band had me on fire:D
Hanging toe tap knee raises-13 reps
tip toe O crunch(done on toes throughout working obliques- 12L & 12R
scorpion plank- (plank with leg moving up and over behind, they do this in AOS Newport) Reps 20
banana canon ball- 14 reps
hanging up and overs- 14 reps
discus throwers- (moves down behind foot and raises up and turns) 10 Reps R and 10 reps L 8# dumbbells
warrior bow- (like rachel cosgrove's bird dog knee in then extend leg with opposing arm) 24 reps
scissors climbers-done prone scissor legs and raise up like in ab ripper 24 reps
hanging knee kicks-13 reps
wood chopper- 10 reps right and 10 left 12# dumbbell
down dog crunch- 20 reps
banana mason- banana into mason twists
mixed bike(to me the hardest of the hanging segments) 32 seconds
X crunch-(standing)16 reps left and 16 right
plank sphinx and plange- plank into sphinx and back up but holding the hips sorrt of tucked in. Makes you feel it more
seated back stroke- (v sit doing a back stroke with weights)16 reps 8# dumbbells
hanging pelvic tilt- (you hold the tilt for a few seconds)12 reps
straight leg X crunch- 13 reps Left and then 13 Right( I threw in an extra rep:D
360 degree chataranga run- 33 seconds
cherry bomb- 10 total (banana roll to side, back then knees in and out to v sit with legs spread back to banana) not sure that was a good description. I really do like this workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.