Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Jan 29th

Teddygirl

Cathlete
Good Morning All :p

Yesterday, my boss closed us down at noon.:p;););) Talking bout being happy, Woe! :):)

Anywho, I was up bright and early this morn, I did a 20 min slow and steady jog followed by S&H Chest & Back.

I preview Taebo Ultimate Workout, lasts night and O...M....G....workout is out of this world:eek::eek::eek::eek: I was looking at him and thinking to myself, WTF. But, I loved it I will definite have to start slow. I think he out did himself, the moves are so controlled and different. Anywho, going to try it this weekend. Well ladies, bbl ;)

No workout for me this morning, it is a recovery day!:p Nothing like a good virus to make you appreciate how good you feel all the other time. Still really no DOMS from the KBs, except maybe for my back which feels more tight than sore. Might have to go do some rolling.

Diane Sue
- Don't know if this helps you where you are, but my local grocery store carries no salt cottage cheese by the company Friendship.

Today is another rest day for me too! Loved sleeping in, now I'm starting to get spoiled by it.

My abs aren't sore from the BC workout I did yesterday. I really thought I would be. :rolleyes:

Morning!

Linda: Glad you're feeling better!

Good morning Teddy and Debbie!

I did PUB today- did pyramid up and down for each body part and then up only. I'm beat! :)

Chest:
Flies / Press
16.25/17.5/21.25/17.5/16.25
Up only: 15/17.5/20

Back:
Pullovers / Double Arm Rows
20/25/27.5/25/20
Up only: 17.5/20/25

Shoulders:
Rear delt flies / Side lateral raises / front raises
7/8/10/8/7
Up only: 6/7/8

Triceps:
Double kickbacks
6/8/10/8/6
Up only: 6/8/10

Seated Overhead Press
15/17.5/21.25/17.5/15
Up only: 15/16.25/17.5

Biceps:
Hammer Curls / Curls
11.25/13.25/15/13.25/11.25
Up only: 11.25/13.25/15

Gotta run and get DD to school. BBL.

Hello all :D

I got a new car yesterday and had to work on top of that so no workout but I was too wiped out anyway. The day before had been Providence...a fun workout as always but like Linda, I am not feeling DOMS like I did before from that one -some, but I can still move normally ;) Time to move up in weight.

Linda - hope you are feeling better. Amazing how that can hit so fast.

Patti - how is the BFFM reading going? I am chugging along still! Those muffins that you posted the other day...do you just mix the ingredients and cook? Would I be the only one to eat them or are they like regular muffins?

Debbie - enjoy the rest day :)

Teddygirl - I used to do TaeBo a lot. It was fun but then my joints started to bother me so much that I could hardly walk! It was mostly my hip joints from the kicking. If I walk too much, that same thing happens. Anyway, have fun with it! DD loves to watch the tape (I don't have them on DVD - that's how old they are!) and go along. She had the one I usually played memorized and would do all of the moves from the time she was about 3.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am gonna work Legs/Abs and squeeze in 40 mins of cardio too. I got some work to do. Got to bring the bodyfat down some.

Shana,

Congratulations on the new car! We did the same thing several days ago. It is tiring.

Debbie,

Enjoy your rest day as you deserve it and I hope you have a blast with your husband!

Patti,

Great workout! You should be beat! Awesome!

Linda,

Again, you are so positive. You always have something good to say even when you aren't feeling well. You got your *game* going on. ;)

Teddygirl,

Aren't you lucky! Hope you have a great day! You crack me up!

MOrning Maniacs! This morning I did CLX Burn it off or up or whatever it's called. This is my last week (4th) in the Burn phase . I'm thinking of only doing 3 weeks of each of the Push and Lean phases. 4 weeks of each seems like to long. I'm getting antsy.

Ally and Shana- I need emails so I can send you the rotation. It's to big to send through Cathes pm or email system.

Linda-
It's true. You stay so positive. It's nice.:cool:

Diane Sue-
I'll have to check out this Muscle Chow book. Since you say you eat bigger portions, how many meals do you eat a day on average? I'm thinking of going back to 3 and maybe 1 snack. I like to feel full and satisfied. Plus, with mini meals, I feel like I'm constantly eating and thinking of food. I hate that. It's not my norm. It's frustrating.

Teddy- Have fun with Billy! I like him except for the constant counting thing.

Patty-
Great workout! Thanks for the recipe.

Debbie-
enjoy the rest day! Love sleeping in on work days.

Hi guys!

Just real quick...I posted the pullup thing last night.

Gotta run. Busy, busy day at work. Hope you all have a great day!

Dallys: 1234.......kind of caught me off guard, then I started liking it and the music started rocking (funky) next thing I know about 1:20 minutes into the workout I was out of my bed, counting and doing the moves LOL :):) These move our unbelievable, you talking about reshaping your bod, ooh..we!

I got my shipment notification, STS tomorrow. Starting Sunday! :rolleyes::)

Linda: Glad you're feeling better!

Thanks Patti. Read that you had it a month ago. I just hope no else in my house gets it.:confused::confused: I would be interested in your muesli recipe and the soup recipe.

I got a new car yesterday and had to work on top of that so no workout but I was too wiped out anyway. The day before had been Providence...a fun workout as always but like Linda, I am not feeling DOMS like I did before from that one -some, but I can still move normally ;) Time to move up in weight.

Linda - hope you are feeling better. Amazing how that can hit so fast.

Shana
, congratulations on the new ride. I don't get it with Providence, there are times I feel I am working like crazy but no DOMS.:confused::confused:

And yes it hit fast and out of no where. I got up worked out and was feeling great, had no clue that it was coming. Then during the stretch ...wham..out of blue!

Linda,

Again, you are so positive. You always have something good to say even when you aren't feeling well. You got your *game* going on. ;)

Linda-
It's true. You stay so positive. It's nice.:cool:

Char & Dallys - Thank you. Funny though, because I don't think of myself as being especially positive. But I sure do notice that DH is always negative!:p

Dallys
- I agree with you on the four week thing. Each TT phase is four weeks long and by the fourth week I am just about going bananas having to do the workouts again.

My workout is done. My knee was hurting last night:( I started with Ryhthmic Step and burned 402 calories(not as many as the workout manager had for that one, maybe because I used 1 riser) Then I did Step Blast premix 1,2,3 add on and burned 259 calories(this was a little more than what the workout manager has)Most of the time I am pretty close on the listed calories. Then I did Core Max premixes tough core and balanced core. I finished off with Yoga Shatki Basic Flow.Total calories burned was 915. I was wondering if you have the nurition program, it automatically figures in your workouts?? I didn't eat breakfast this morning. Just slept in and worked out then showered and got involved in cleaning my make up brushes. Anyway lunch was left over turkey on salad greens w/ spinach and some SouthBeach Diet Ranch dressing. I will be glad when I can get out to the store to pick up some fat free dressing or ingredients to make my own. Dinner will be Muscle Chow Oven Baked Turkey Meatballs and some veggies.

Last edited:
Linda, I am sure you needed the rest day. Personally I don't think you have to feel doms to get results. I got some nice results doing providence. What grocer do you go too? Maybe we have one here I can check.

Teddy, Billy puts out some pretty tough workouts. I used to have the video tape set and sold it. I replaced with the Get Ripped Advanced one and two and the Ultimate Abs and Butt. I really like these. He does a pretty tough ab workout. We have a picture around here somewhere of DH with Billy Blanks. He was here at some function that dh was at.

Shana, I bet you will enjoy the new car;) Enjoy the rest day.

Dallys, I think I average 5 meals a day. The portions in Muscle Chow are pretty good sized. I guess because they are meant for a guy LOL But I eat them as is. Other than the protein shakes and I generally don't use 1 1/2 -2 scoops of protein powder. When I say I eat a salad It is a dinner plate piled several inches high LOL I am not kidding either. The thing with counting meals is that I don't most of the time. So some days it seems I am eating all day long and others I tend to miss meals or eat a huge meal and snack late in the day which is the worst thing that I could do.

Suz, I need to go back and look at the pull ups:)

Patti - how is the BFFM reading going? I am chugging along still! Those muffins that you posted the other day...do you just mix the ingredients and cook? Would I be the only one to eat them or are they like regular muffins?

Shana: BFFM is...sitting on the floor next to me. I stalled out last week and haven't jumped back into it. I have implemented some of the principles but I need to FINISH. Congrats on the new car, btw.

Almost forgot- you'll probably be the only one eating the muffins. My kids won't eat them, but DH will. :) I thought they were surprisingly sweet for no sugar added. I need to make more.

ETA: Shana, yes, just mix and bake. It will look very strange, like mostly blueberries, but I promise they are GOOD!

Just real quick...I posted the pullup thing last night.

Suz: Thanks for sharing- I needed this! I am going to implement it this week. :)

You all are making me want some Billy! I had his original workouts on tape years ago. Maybe I'll look into some of his new ones- I am on the lookout for interesting cardio to supplement STS-- probably non Cathe, just for a little variety.

I was reading to the kids in bed and they were jumping despite me saying NO and what do you know, DS nailed me in the eye with his skull. Still hurts- hope I don't have a bruise. Kind of funny, though.

I'll post the recipes here in a second.

Taco Soup
This is very easy- probably not low in salt but I can live with that sometimes.

Taco Soup
Cook 1 lb hamburger meat (I just use a package of fake veggie crumbles)
Add 1 chopped onion and add 1 pkg ranch dressing mix and 1 pkg taco seasoning and a little bit of water

In a large soup pot combine:
1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
1 can pinto beans (not drained)
1 can chili beans (not drained)
1 can mexican stewed tomatoes (not drained)
1 can regular stewed tomatoes (not drained)

Add meat mixture, simmer for close to one hour.

This is from the Clean Eating family cookbook.

Dutch Muesli

½ cup barley flakes
2 cups oats (not instant)
¼ cup flax seed
¼ cup wheat germ
¼ cup oat bran
3 cups boiling water
¼ cup almonds, raw, unsalted and chopped
Juice of one fresh orange
¼ cup agave nectar or whatever sweetener you prefer
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 apple, unpeeled, grated
¼ cup raisins
½ cup chopped, pitted dates

Place barley, oatmeal, flax seed, wheat germ and oat bran in a glass bowl. Pour boiling water over it and let it sit until water is absorbed (I usually wait about 20-30 minutes). In another glass bowl, put remaining ingredients (I keep raisins and dates out and put them on the top when I eat it, but to each his own) and mix. Combine with oatmeal mixture. Stores in fridge for up to a week.

Eatery isn't all that great today.

Today's Meals:

M1: 1/2 oatmeal, 3 egg whites, 2 tbsp of salsa, 4oz ff milk
M2: 2 hebrew ff hot dogs w/1 wheat bun & mustard
M3: 2 baked chicken wings w/brocilli & 1 laughing cow:D cheese ( love this stuff:D
M4: apple
M4: 1 can of sardines in hot sauce w/6 wheat crackers

That's it for today, I am on a diet:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Patti: Your Taco soup is a keeper, really sounds gassy:eek:

Last edited:
Dallys - I agree with you on the four week thing. Each TT phase is four weeks long and by the fourth week I am just about going bananas having to do the workouts again.
I know! It's that 4th week that is so hard to continue with.

Dallys, I think I average 5 meals a day. The portions in Muscle Chow are pretty good sized. I guess because they are meant for a guy LOL But I eat them as is. Other than the protein shakes and I generally don't use 1 1/2 -2 scoops of protein powder. When I say I eat a salad It is a dinner plate piled several inches high LOL I am not kidding either. The thing with counting meals is that I don't most of the time. So some days it seems I am eating all day long and others I tend to miss meals or eat a huge meal and snack late in the day which is the worst thing that I could do.
Your eating sounds good and not obsessive. It's almost like a eat when I'm hungry kind of thing. I like how you always eat healthy, even when you take the grand kids out. :)

Eatery isn't all that great today.

Today's Meals:

M1: 1/2 oatmeal, 3 egg whites, 2 tbsp of salsa, 4oz ff milk
M2: 2 hebrew ff hot dogs w/1 wheat bun & mustard
M3: 2 baked chicken wings w/brocilli & 1 laughing cow:D cheese ( love this stuff:D
M4: apple
M4: 1 can of sardines in hot sauce w/6 wheat crackers

That's it for today, I am on a diet:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Patti: Your Taco soup is a keeper, really sounds gassy:eek:
ROFL! You are a crack up!

Suz- I wish we had a picture of that pullup. Here is another way that looks good and here is the website (great website) with more info. http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/displayarticle.php?aid=51
assisted_cage_pullup_2.jpg
assisted_cage_pullup_1.jpg

Course, she can do real ones with weights and all that.:)
weighted_pullup.jpg

Last edited:
Patti - Why the veggie crumbles? Are you a vegetarian?

Linda: Nope- I just use them from time to time for the heck of it. I like them because I don't have to thaw them before use and I can make the entire soup in 10 minutes flat. I make it with hamburger too sometimes and it's good either way.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.