Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Halloween!!!

lorajc

Cathlete
Hi Maniacs - Happy Halloween -

This morning I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party 1. I wanted something with a little less impact this morning since I've been doing so much impact lately with the Barry's. I tried to keep my intensity down...but it's near impossible doing that with TurboJam. I ended up having more of a high-moderate workout. I really do like these just as much as the latest set. I love the Chinga and Wheel and the cooldown is fun in this one. Good music too. They always make me feel so good.

I have some questions today ladies.

1)How many days a week is okay to do plyo type of aerobics and if your butt and legs are sore, is that like doing a leg workout?

2) How many days a week should you work your lower body if it is your "problem area"? and how many days to you need to rest between plyo aerobics and working your legs? Also - if your lower abs are your other problem area....how many times a week should you work them?

3)Do you think it is unsafe to do plyo aerobics (like the Barry's ...short, intense) 3 days a week? how about 4 days a week?

4) I thought I was using heavy enough weight yesterday for my high rep chest workout....but today, I'm only slightly sore. Why is that we get really sore in certain muscles and hardly ever get sore in others? Is one area weaker than the other....or do we just work harder on some areas without consciously knowing it??

Sorry 'bout all the questions today!! Inquiring minds want to know.

Well - my Cathe's should be here tonight....and I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow. I still haven't done Barry's Leg and Butt workout or total body workout, but I don't know if I could refrain from doing a Cathe tomorrow if they come tonight.

Charlotte - I decided to wear Smut today. It's 60 here and Smut is not really that heavy on me....so I thought it'd be appropriate...although I took one whiff out of my Snake Charmer bottle and wanted to wear that.....but my Snake Charmer has become my Buckcherry concert scent for some reason! I always have to wear it when we go see them.

Have great workouts. I probably won't be around much today. My boss is back and then I'm going to the concert tonight. I'm a bit nervous about being up for 24 hours straight with a stressful work day on the horizon!!

Good Morning Superhero Maniacs and Bionics alike!!!

Still adjusting to time change..not there yet. Falling asleep early and getting up early. I am wide awake and it is only 6:20am. Yesterday worked upperbody and legs. Worked abs while watching Exorcist. Did flutter kicks, oblique work, reverse crunches and such. Today is back day so I will let you all know later how I do with that. No legs though. Already worked them.

Lora,

I will just tell you my opinion. My legs were my problem area and the backs of them still are. I would definitely work the legs more then once a week. My dear friend...won't mention any names, says it is best to work the legs inbetween working upper. So everytime you workout, you are working the legs thru plyo's, weight work, etc. with little rest inbetween so you are burning more cals. I believe she works hers everyday to keep her legs lean and mean. So I listened to her and I seen results. I am now working my legs every other day because I am just using weights and trying to build, not trying to lean. I also think you should work abs 3x's a week with a clean diet plan. (just speaking in general)

Well enjoy yourself at the concert. It was so hot yesterday I was sweating while working out. I wonder if it will be like that again. Oh, I never smelled Snake Charmer...is that like Snake Oil cuz I don't like that one?

Hello to everyone else!

Charlotte~~

Dh has a project for me to do today with a map so I won't be on much. I am not sure I will even finish today w/workouts too.

Charlotte~~

I had an excellent workout this morning, I am totally wiped. This is what I did in Superset fashion:

SS #1
Incline Rows: 15's/18 reps, 20's/15 reps, 25's/12 reps, 30's/8 reps (up from last week)
Barbell Bench Press: 70#/18, 75#/15, 80#/12, 85#/8

SS #2
Lateral Raises: 12's/18 reps, 15's/15 reps, 17's/12 reps, 20's/8 reps
Push Ups: 18/15/12/8 reps
(supersetting these two was tough. My shoulders were fried!)

SS #3
Barbell Curls: 35#/18 reps, 40#/15 reps, 45#/10 reps, 50#/8 reps (with 50# I only got to 5 reps last time, I made 8 but cheated on the last two reps)
Kickbacks: 5's/18 reps, 8's/15 reps, 10's/12 reps, 12's/8 reps

Should have done abs but I was done by this time.
Workout was 48 min., was in my zone for 29 minutes and burned 222 calories.

Have great workouts everyone!

Wow Deb! How can you do lateral raises with that! Awesome!

Charlotte- I hope you have fun with your project. And I hope you get a great WO in. How is the arm. I can't wait to get my oils!!

Lora- hope your day goes fast and that ou have a fantastic time tonight. I am not good with advice for your questions, I am usually the one asking. I am sure everyone else is knowledgable though.

Have to squeeze a Wo in sometime today. I want to do a killer UB.
BBL.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good Morning,
Today I will do cardio, core/abs, & str/yoga. I will let you know what later. My Cathes come today but UPS usually does not come till in the afternoon so I will probably not try any till tomorrow. I have a lot of errands to do today so don't know how much I will be on here. I still haven't bought halloween treats. Usually I make something special. I am not on the ball here this week:)

Lora, I am with Charlotte on the lower body work. To lean it you need to work it more. I personally would not do plyos everyday 3 days may be ok for some people. I think constant high impact can cause some overuse injuries. I personally do abs 3-4 times a week. I used to do them everyday but did not use the resistance that I do now. As far as muscle soreness, I don't know why some areas get sore easier than others. I hardly ever get sore. Sometimes I will change up a workout and get a tiny bit.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

WEll, i am still walking....
Not sore as of yet, but it is early. I really enjoyed the w/o and it seemed to go really fast.
I gave you my input on last nights check in.
I have a late night here, but may try to get some upper body in tonite. I may do one of the upper body premixes.
By the weekend i am going for Drill Max though.

I had a happy am. I put some pants on and well, onto the goodwill pile. Too big.
I must be putting on some muscle, because i haven't dropped alot of weight and the pants are slowly getting bigger and bigger.So, i say i am not getting on the scale. It depresses me.
I figure if i can drop 2 # a month i will be where i want to be by summer and solid.
Have a great day.
Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Hey Spooky Scary Maniacs! Today is Back and biceps (The haredest of the P90X's for me) and abs. My lower back is sore and I don't know why. Must be the combo of kick boxing and plyo I did yersterday. So, I'll workout later and see how it goes.

Lora, I think the TJ's are fun too. Everytime I do any of them, I think "these are the funnest workouts ever!".
I personally count Plyo as a leg workout, as do I count a cuircut focusing on legs, a leg workout. I wouldn't do plyo more than 3 times a week, and I'd put a day inbetween doing that and a leg workout, unless it's a easier one, like a cuircut, maybe. I have the "Freestyle book" if you are interested I could type up a leg workout for you.:)
I only get sore if I haven't done a certain workout for awhile. But, these P90X's keep me sore alot more than most workouts. My back, shoulders and biceps rarely get sore. I mostly get sore in my tri and chest.

Char, What is this mysterious "Map project"! Sounds like part of a horror movie. LOL! I tried to watch "Hell Raiser" last night, but DH couldn't take it! So, he watched football and I read some more of my "Metabolism advantage" book. I'm still liking it.

Debbie, Great workout! Very heavy for some of those high reps! You are so strong. Wow!

Meg, let us know what your killer UB workout is.

Diane Sue, I sent my son to buy Halloween candy and he come home with my 2 favorites! Milk Duds and Snickers. I had to hide them from myself. I told him to get something non appealing like, DumDum suckers or smarties. LOL!

Storm Anne, I was wondering how you'd feel this morning. I bet the DOMS will kick in later today. Then you will be walking funny at work. LOL!

Ok Peeps, My new favorite misic video is
"Weird Al Yankavic's" "White and Nerdy"! It cracks me up seeing Donny Osmond in the back ground dancing. You know, cuz he's from Utah and he's all White an Nerdy. LOL!!

Later...

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Well, I got some UB work in on my mom's gym. Feels good to work my muscles in different ways, but I also almost felt clumsy. Just have to do it more.

So DS, I still want to lean my upper arms a bit, so you think I should just do more endurance training with them, maybe 3x's a week? I like my shoulders, just my upper arms.

Have to go to Chase's Harvest Fest party at school. Hope I can refrain from yucky eating!

Let us know how your legs are later Anne! LOL!

Good luck with that Wo Dallys. I really think I will get my DH P90x for Christmas since he is showing interest, and hey, if doesnt do it, I will, so it won;t be a waste of money.

Happy Halloween !
I'm real sore from yesterdays workout I did gym style CT and BSB. Today I'm going to do PLB and the ankle weight work from L&G. Have a good day everyone! I'm hopeing that my boyfriend and I will go see Saw 3.
Take Care
Randi

I can't wait to get my new videos. MY mom got me all 4 but she is only giving me one when they get here and 2 for x-mas and one for valentines day. This sucks!! Does anyone have any suggestions on which one i should get first?
Thank you
Randi

Hello Ladies!

Sounds like you're all having a great day. This week is much better at work than last week. Last week was absolutely nuts!!!

This morning I did Cardio Coach 4 on the elliptical. Man those workouts kick my butt! Felt great. And my legs are a little sore from my lower body workout yesterday. Love that!

I can't wait for the new workouts to arrive. I'm so excited!

Have a great day everyone.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I haven't gotten any notice still that my dvds have shipped. I will give it til end of week. I don't want to be another b#tch and whine like some are. I know Cathe is doing her best and probably has dark circles around her eyes from all this.

Anne,

Glad you are enjoying the dvd's and they are keeping you sore.

Bionics,

Lazy..your name is too long for me to type it out today. lol. I am working on a project for dh. He is in the delivery business and I am dotting the map with numbers near zipcodes. My neck is killing me from bending down so long. Taking a break and will soon eat icky fish. Listening to randomness on tv. Cat People was on TCM earlier. Someone cutting their own tongue off on some other scariest moments, etc. show. blllaahhh. lol Texas Chainsaw 2 is on now. Seems dumb though. I need to go workout soon and perk up.

Charlotte~~

Randi, I think I would go nuts knowing my mom was holding on to them! Good luck! By Anne's account, I would go with B&G!

Charlotte- I hope you finish your project soon and get a really good WO in. Are you in your pirate costume?? LOL!!

Was thinking of going as a witch, since I really don't need a costume for that! hehe!}( :p

I will probably WO tonight since DH is coming home early so we can take the kids T&T.

Hey Lora- (and Char) how long does it usually take for the BPAL to ship out? i haven't gotten a shipping notice yet and I am quite anxious now!

Deb- Avon has some really nice stuff out now. I told my DH I want that soft eye mask that has the relaxing sounds. I love listening to the ocean sounds and nature stuff.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Having a lunch break here. I've got brocolli, soy sausages and an apple. :)

Randi, Is your Mom trying to torture you? LOL! How can you choose? Great workout you did, by the way!

Suz, Where ya been? Busy at work, I see.:) CC's are hard workouts. Even the short ones kick my butt! I usually use my stationary bike with them.

Lazy Toast, I thought your DH had you on some wild goose chase with a map of castles and a gory bloby thing waiting to kill you at the end. LOL! I've been watching to many Horror shows. LOL! Right now I'm watching one of the million "Halloween" shows. I'm changing it to AMC in a sec. Enjoy the icky fish. I have salmon thawing out for later tonight. I haven't got an email yet either. Mine will be one of the last, as I ordered late. You could always be one of the B%^*#$ on one of the "why'd you tell us the surprise" threads. LOL!

Megadoo, You a witch? I don't think so! LOL! Maybe a good witch.
I liked alot of stuff in the Avon catalog too. I'll have to check out that mask you are talking about.

Well, Back to work. Later...

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Not in costume yet. Will be transforming soon though. Just finished workout as I pulled myself away from map.

3 sets/6/4/4 reps/60 sec rest

BACK:
Chins 8/7/5
Pulldowns 80#
BB Rows 75#
DB Rows 40's
1 Arm Rows 40's
Deadlifts with bent knee 120#
Good Mornings 80# (never tried these before and went with 110# at first and I was like..(((HEEELLLOOO))). Felt just right with 80#.

Back to map. Gotta hurry. Will be getting dark soon and still got to make dinner.

soon to be...... Anne Bonny, Wicked Pirate Woman

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.