Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday Sept 15

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

I did not want to get out of bed this morning. I'm very stressed out and depressed. I can't stomach work any more. I don't know how long I can go on like this. Anyway, I couldn't face Core Synergestics today cuz I'm so sick of it and my CD player broke right before I was going to start. I did Power 90 Masters Upper, Middle, Lower instead. I used my medicine ball and ankle weights for all standing and lying segments. When Tony gave instructions, I ran or lifted weights in between. Right before the cool down, I paused it and did some side lunges with long arm reach with weights (like in Core Snyg) and some of those walking lunges with triceps kickbacks, bicep curls and shoulder raises....then I did football runs and towel hopping followed by a few minutes of gliding and then the cool down and stretch. This equaled about 56 minutes. I hope I feel it a bit tomorrow, as I'm really used to Core Synergestics.

Diana Sue - Love the new avatar. I like the jeans look better than the evening look (just me though). You look amazing as usual. I want arms like that!!!!!

Thanks for thinking about me everyone and send my prayers your way. This whole situation is not easy on my nerves. I don't want to bore anyone with details, but from what I gather (intuitively), my boss is threatening to get an attorney because she feels she's under a microscope (duh....I wonder why). She thinks she is a good, loyal employee who has done nothing wrong. She is claiming she follows the rules and boy .....has she ever over the last couple days. She even changed my lunch time and she's been really mean and working me very hard and trying to give me things I can't handle. It's as if she's trying to break me.........and girls.......I'm no quitter!!! If this continues, I guess I'll have to report her...but I wouldn't want it to get any worse (and that could happen if I do).

Anyway, I broke out my all natural herbal remedy for stress relief/anxiety .."Dr. Bach's Rescue Remedy". I'm going to drink it in my water today. I had a bottle of this from another particular stressful time in my life. We'll see if it helps. It's pretty bad when you're in tears before and after work.

Have great workouts and sorry this was so lengthy this morning. As always thanks for listening and being there for me. You ladies are the best.

ETA: It's pretty bad when the afternoon supervisor told me she wanted to call me at home last night because she felt bad about the way my boss treated me in front of the Maintenance Director. I told her that wasn't even the worst of it...it was worse in the morning.

Hi Lora and all who follow,
Today is the day I don't go to the gym, but I do some abs, and go to gymnastics. YAYAY TGIF!! I almost forgot:+

Lora- You still got a good W/O even though you were stressed:+ I'm osrry to hear work isn't going well for you. I wish you all the best:D

Diane Sue- Love your avatar too!!

Hi to Charlotte, Debbie, Dallys, Maeghan, Shelia, Anne, Annette, and everyone else!

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Good Morning Maniacs and Lurkers!!;-)

Yesterday settled for Imax 2 and then a 10 mile bike ride. Butt still sore from day before from reverse lunges and now my arms are on fire from 4 sets of 12 dumb bell curls too.

Today is SHOPPING!!!! ALL DAY!!!!! I am going to yardsales and the mall with dd. She took the day off.

Strength training is scheduled too today. I will do in the evening.

Debbie,

I am on the 3rd week. When I have to repeat again, is it Super setting again?

Lora,

I am not going to tell you what to do or what I think about what is going on cuz you already know. I just want so bad to be there for you and I want you to be happy.

Adri,

Hope you have a nice day in your worlds today.

Diane Sue,

Do love the new avatar. If I didn't know how old you are, my jaw would drop. I would never be able to guess. You have always been my inspiration and I hope to look as good as you when I am 54. In a few months I will be 39.

Hello to all that follow. I will be back in the evening.

Charlotte~~

Lora- I am with CHarlotte. I wish we could both be there and walk in to your work with you, kinda like bodyguards LOL! I bet if we flexed a little, she would leave you alone!
I do hope it gets better. I am thinking of you today, and I hope you can check in a let us know you are alright.

Charlotte- have fun shopping with your DD

Adri--get to school girl!

I have L&G and back planned for this afternoon.

Hello to everyone!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/150/.png[/

Well, the arm is still sore so i got on the treadmill last night.
This morning i did legs and glutes. My god i haven't done that one in a while. Talk about the almighty shaking legs. Wow!!!!I sure did feel it today.
I think you get a cardio workout all in one with that one.

Dad may be coming home today. I am tired of driving to Pittsburgh . Thank god.... We are waiting for the blood work to see if the blood thinners and BP medecine are regulated.

Have fun shopping Char, Maeg, enjoy the pain,Laura,try to ignore the B****. Take a deep breath and close your eyes and pretend she is a punching bag and dream of kickboxing her....

Have a great day everyone and all that follow.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Maeghan,
Hey I just wanted to let you know "The Rock" aka Duane Johnson is going to be on Ellen today. Have a great day!!!
Lisa

Hi Maniacs! I'm major sore from yesterday's Legs and Back workout. I'm sore in that perfect spot in the @$$. Today is Kenpo X and maybe a walk. It's still raining here. I do love the rain though. It smells so nice. :)

Lisa, thanks for the heads up on the "Rock". He is georgous. I'll have to watch.

Anne, I'm so happy to hear your dad may be coming home. I also think Legs and glutes is a killer workout.}(

Meg, Have a great legs and back workout. I'm dying from mine yesterday. :)

Toasty, Can I go shopping with you? I'm so needing a fix.;)

Adri, have fun at gymnastics today! I heard you had a bad day at school yesterday. I hope today is alot better for you. I'd love to be in 8th grade again. I loved Jr. High school. High school was a bore.

Lora, I'm sending good vibes to you today. I have recovery week starting on Sunday and will get to do Core Synergistics. I remember that's a great workout.

Later

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

This morning I did full body, this one was supersetting 3 sets of 18 reps and 2 minutes rest between each super set. This was a tough workout, I was wiped by the end.

SS #1:
Leg Press - 50# (25 each hand) (up from 40#)
Flat Dumbbell Chest Flies - 25# each hand (should have gone heavier)

SS #2:
Incline Dumbbell Rows - 25# each hand
Bicep Preacher Curls - 40# (this is tough, I'm not sure why preacher curls are so hard for me. I did 18 reps/16 reps/18 reps)

SS #3:
Incline Lying Dumbbell Raise - 6# (I like this one, it burns the shoulders good. I could see my striations too)
Tricep Dips w/Barbell - 40#

This workout took 53 minuts and I burned 250 calories. I was going to skip the treadmill but still had some time so I got on it for 20 minutes. I did a fast walk for a mile. Total workout took 1 hr. 22 min., I burned 410 calories!!!! I was in my zone for 54 minutes.

Charlotte - Yes, the 4th week is supersetting. Have fun shopping! I'll be doing that myself today.

Meaghan - glad you like the halloween thing. I'm still debating on whether to get it.

Hi to everyone! Have great workouts! I'm going to lunch with one of my cousins.

Hey Maniacs!

It's been forever since I've checked in here. I'm still reading about you all every now and then - when I have time. I can't believe how many posts you all do some days!!! :) And so many new people. That's great.

Debbie - your new pics are AWESOME! You look so good. Now I'm thinking I'm really going to have to try that rotation, even though I'm not a rotation kind of gal (I don't think I'm disciplined enough).

Diane Sue - I LOVE your new avatar. You are such an inspiration!

Marietta - glad to see you back. I hope you have been well.

I plan to do Imax2 today since I'm off work early. I have a 2.5 hour ride planned in the morning with a girlfriend - if it's not raining and windy. It's supposed to get pretty windy and cold here tomorrow, so we're playing it by ear. If not a ride, I'll be lifting some heavy weights! I've been resting my legs more during cycling season and I did Power Hour on Sunday and my legs were STILL sore yesterday! My upper body wasn't sore a bit since I've been lifting upper, but WOW - I could hardly walk.

Have a great day everyone!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good afternoon,
I did Low Max using 1# dumbbells, stopping after each segment and doing a body part from Ripped Slim and Lean, I added an extra Low MAx segment and finished off with the shoulder and abs stretch of S&L. It was a good workout. Sometime I am going to try this with an I Max and Power Hour segments. I bet that would be a great calorie burner)(

Suz, Charlotte, Adri, and Lora thanks for the compliment on my avatar. That is from one of our campouts.

Suz, good to see you post again.

Anne, I am so glad to hear your Dad is going home. I am sure it will be much better for all of you including your Dad.

Adri, enjoy gymnastics today.

Debbie great workout. How long are you doing this rotation??

Hi Maeghan, Dallys,Sheila, Annette,Marietta, and everyone else!
Have a great day,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

DS- that sounds like an awesome WO. I think I would love to try that with S&L and Ripped to the COre. I agree, your avatars are great!

Hi Suz and Marietta!

I completed Legs and Glutes, AbRipperX, and back work. I feel great after all that.

Hello to everyone. Hope you are enjoying your Fridays.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/150/.png[/

Hey Maniacs!!!
I'm home from school. It actually was better today. No gym for me today (;( ;() Friday I don't go. I have gymnastics though again. Ganna try and get auntie's cam later today, and take some pics of me at the gym over the weekend. i'll post those on picture trail, and next friday I will take some from practice at gymnastics (can't take them during the week, mom works)

Charlotte and Diane Sue- You BOTH don't look your age!!!!}( Diane Sue, I would guess you as about 36 and Charlotte, OMG I didn't think you were 39, I thought her were about 30}( Seriously. You both are absoultey BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Love yea:*

Maeghan- Hope you enjoy L&G! I love that W/O:)

Anne- Don't you just love DOMS!!!}(...JK:+

Dallys- Hey, you wanna trade?!?!?! I'd rather go to work than go to friggin school. Yea I got a ton of friends but with work you got no HOMEWORK!!! I love it too when my A$$ is sore}(

Suz- Hey!!! I didn't know you checked in here. Great to have you! I hope you continue to post! Will look forward to reading them

Debbie- Great W/O!!! You burned 410 calories with your W/O!!! Your amazing girl!! I wanna get a HRM really bad now. I wanna see how many cals I burn w/ my workouts too!

Hi to Marietta, Shelia, and Lisa. Welcome Lisa!

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Dallys - no, I was serious, I used 6# for the shoulder work. Its a killer. You lay on your side on an incline bench, the arm underneath wraps around your waist to make the position comfortable. You have a weight in the hand that is on top of your hips (sit in a featle position if you can picture that, but on an incline), then you raise the arm up like you would do with staning lateral raises but you are only working one arm at a time and on an incline. Its tough and it burns. Its more of a shaping exercise then muscle builder, but I love doing these. I have a picture of it if you don't understand this.

Diane Sue - I have one more week of this rotation. I'd like to continue with it so I'm going to start again using a pyramid type system.

Suz - GREAT to see you here again, I hope you keep checking in with us!

I went on a 5 mile walk with the dog this morning. Walking is supposed to be stress reliveing, but I swear, I spend more time stressing over peoples roaming dogs and having them run up to us and scaring the bajeebies out of me than relaxing. They were all over this morning. I looked like a phyco carrying my big stick I found. LOL! Came home and ate and a couple hours later I did Kenpo X minus stretch and TJ 20 min. minus warm up. It felt good.

Deb, LOL! I'm sorry, It just thru me. It's rare you see a tiny six pound weight on this thread.:) I get what your saying now.

Diane Sue, I just noticed your avatar and you look so cute in it. I love the jeans!

Adri, Nope. Ain't gonna trade school for work. Ain't no way!;)

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hi Ladies - I'm finally home.

Thanks for the well wishes with my situation at work. It's nice to know I have friends.

Diana Sue - I need your advice (since I know you usually check in later). I just realized I have a doctor appt Wednesday and will only have 1/2 hour to work out on Wed. My rotation calls for M- Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and Wed - Back and Biceps and Fri -Core Synergest (rest is aerobics/yoga...etc). Since I messed up my weeks, I've only done back and biceps once....so I really wanted to get this last one in again, but I don't know what I really should do. This is my last week of P90X and since I can't follow it as scheduled I need suggestions. I'm leaving for Vegas on Saturday -- so no workout that morning -- or if so, maybe I'll just have time for short stretch or yoga.

Here's what I'm thinking about doing:
Monday: Back and Biceps
Tues - cardo
Wed - Abs & stretch or cardio (doctor appt)
Thurs - Cardio
Fri - Core Synergestics or Total Body Weights

or should I do
Mon - Total Body weights w/ some extra biceps work (since that's my weak area)
Tues - cardio
Wed - whatever....doct appt...1/2 hour
Thurs Cardio
Fri - Total Body weights w/ extra biceps work
Ideas/thoughts?? or anyone else who would like to offer suggestions, please feel free to.

Evening Ladies!

Just got done working out as I started just around 6:45pm this evening. Kinda late for me.

Here is what I did:

3 sets/15 reps/60 secs

Plie Squats 140#
DB Flat Bench with 20# db's
Leg Extensions 65#
Lat Pulldowns (substituted for BB rows) with 70#
Barbell Curls 55/50/50
Dips

Will do some ab work tomorrow. Just got a call from realtor that folks will be buy to look at our home. They already have sold their home and have been preapproved so I hope this one is a go. I got to get everything cleaned up now. Shopping was fun. Got some shirts, cleaned out my closet cuz I don't feel it is necessary to have 1 million shirts like Oprah and not be able to wear them all, if I don't wear, they go. DD got some very animated looking socks..halloween theme, pigs, etc. She is gonna wear them to work. lol. Yard sales earlier was just about a waste of time...nothing but junk. I can't believe people think they can sell old wrangler jeans for $5 a pair..WTH? Just lots of junk. I spent more money on gas just driving around trying to find something. Better luck in mall. Does anyone else have a adrenaline rush after shopping? I always do and it makes working out easier.

Lora,

Your leaving tomorrow for Vegas?

Dallys Bionic wore out girl,

You sound like me. When I am on my bike I stress if someone will run into me, etc. I worry about snakes and last time I was out I almost ran over one that was poisonous. I worry about that the most cuz they just seem to jump out out of nowhere. Glad you did the 5 miles though. Did ya good and I am sure your dog was happy as could be.

Adri,

That was nice to say. Thank you.

Debbie,

Your still rockin' away with your workouts. Always "hammertime" with this workout, huh? I have been listening to AC/DC just to get thru mine. There are certain songs I listen to to get me thru the hardest stuff or last reps, etc. I will do the pyramid with you. I am really impressed at how this one is working for me...just feeling really pumped more. Maybe it will start to bust thru for me.

Suz,

So glad to see you back!!!! It is not going to start snowing there soon is it?

Charlotte~~

Hi all today I wimped out on running and did 20 min of taebo and some abs.everyone's workouts look great today.
Diana sue-love the new pic. you looked more ripped.What is your favorite rotation?I know your a fan of pp/and ss I am to.I was on your website and loved the looks of the pp/ss one you have.you look great.One hot grandma}(
Also loved your w/o for the day I love slim and lean and lowmax.

Charlotte- a week from tomorrow we leave for Vegas earrrrrrrrlyyy in the AM....like 3 or 4 am cuz we have to drive to Cleveland and be there ahead of time cuz of Security, etc. I'm packing tomorrow though. I already have most of my travel bag packed and my clothes picked out. I'm neurotic like that. (I can't remember...did you order the Inquisition or not??). So I have M, T, Wed, Thr and Frid to workout before my 5 days of just sitting in cars and planes and then walking, walking, walking and gambling, gambling, gambling. And....no I don't get an Adrenaline rush after shopping.....mine's more of the panic an addict feels after they realized they've just gone overboard YET once again. In the "good old days" (just kidding 'bout that) I used to always get that feeling. It's an Oh My Lord...What Have I Done Now??? Out of Control Feeling. I guess maybe some adrenaline can be mixed in there....since I'm a total adrenaline junkie anyway and always was.
babbling.................gotta go lie on my balls and watch GH. (I know you love it when I say that). No suggestions for my last 5 day of working out until my vacation?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.