Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday Nov 24

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Amy Bento's All Pump Xtreme "Quick Upper Body" Premix followed by Butts & Gutts Floor Work and stretch. I didn't have time to do a full ab segment but I wanted to do something for the abs so I did 3 sets of Jacknives off the edge of the step with an 8 pound weight. My HR monitor's batteries went dead so I have no idea what kind of calories I burned. I don't like when it's not working. I hope I have some DOMS tomorrow. I liked the upper body Amy Bento. We used a combination of tubing, plate loaded bar and dumbbells. We also did bicep curls with the band attached for added resistance and shoulder raises with the tubing holding 3 pound dumbbells. My shoulders actually couldn't handle that move and I dropped the hand weights and just used the tubing. We also did T-Bar rows with both hands and then one hand at a time.

Have great workouts and I'll try to check in from work later.

Good Morning,
Today I will do cardio and abs. I have to go to the bank and do some shopping this morning and then am going back out shopping with my dil this afternoon. I really ate yesterday. My son in law makes a pecan pie with butter crust that is so awesome. They left me the pie:9 I sliced it into servings and put them in the freezer to eat when I feel like I want a piece. Back on track today though.

Lora, that sounds Amys workout sounds like a good one. I know those barbell biceps curls with the band of Cathe's are tough so I can imagine the tubing.

Dallys, sorry for the multi post last night. My computer didn't seem to be functioning right:7 Probably really just me.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning ladies. Hope we all had a great turkey day...
I am just saying hello before work.
I am starting to feel my arms again and now the butt is feeling it.
I cannot win. Do they make a pill that kills DOMS.
I plan on back/ shoulders and bi tonite. Depending on how i feel.

My DH bought christmas lights. They are chili peppers.They are not going on my tree. But , he was jacking me and they are strung around a beam in the kitchen. When the light goes on they do.
OH, men....Can U believe they make Chili pepper lights???
Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

LOL!!! Anne! That's funny! I need to break out the decs today too. Lazy day though.

DS- that is a good idea about the pie. I left everything at mom's! Goodluck shopping!

Lora- did you see GH from Wed? Made me cry.

Well, I made a galliant effort to WO last night. I really did. I wound up in bed watching TV instead.:+ I am only up a pound, so not bad. I can take care of that later.

Hope you all enjoy your day.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Got up at 6:30 this morning, have lots to do today so I wanted to get my workout out of the way. I'm venturing out on Black Friday, hope I make it home in one piece!

Anyways, didn't feel like working out AT ALL. I was really wishing this morning that I would have worked out yesterday instead of today. Oh well. I ended up doing Cardio Coach #4 on my treadmill. This is a HARD workout. I didn't do too bad considering I felt very lethargic. I completed the workout and never had to stop with any of the intervals. I loved this workout. It was 45 minutes in length but I stayed on my treadmill until I reached an hour. Went 3 miles and the entire workout was 1 hr. 8 min. I was in my zone for 54 minutes and burned 380 calories. I'm sure thats not even a dent in what I ate yesterday.

Meg - I seen GH Wednesday, it was sad. Why did they make Laura go back into that state? Pisses me off. What was the purpose of even bringing her back?

Char - I'm going to Pac Sun today to check out the Tilt jeans. Maybe I'll get a pair. :)

Hi all, hope you all have a great workout today!

Who is shopping today?

Hi Ladies- Great workouts.

Megadoo - Yes, I watched it last night. I'm sorry to say that I didn't really care for Laura on the show. Yes, it was sad what happened, but I can't say I'll miss her! LOL.

Diane Sue - About how long (in your opinion) working my legs 3 days a week before I start seeing results (since they are my problem area).

I'm mad - my DH just informed me that he's not going to the Concert Monday and I can't go by myself. We'll see about this!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning!

I think I'll do upper body only since my lower body is kinda feeling DOMMY. I should so some cardio though to try to burn some of that food off! I have Christmas carols playing on satellite and Big Bird is trying to sing along...little "Ahhhs" and other "pretty" noises with a "good girl" thrown in every now and then. :)

Lora - Good luck with that DH of yours - or should I wish HIM the good luck??? Great workout!

Diane Sue - What a concept - freezing leftover pie. Ha! I'm not In fact, what a concept. Leftover pie. :p Have fun shopping!

Debbie - Good job on CC#4. It's a toughie. Are you going to order #5? I really love that one! You see what's happening here? Even if a CC is shorter than an hour you have all raised the bar and we HAVE to stay on for an hour! Good luck making it home from shopping alive! Have fun!

Storm - Too funny on the Christmas lights!

Meg - Lucky you leaving all that food at your mom's. I have about 4 pounds of sweet potatoes left which would be okay if they didn't have brown sugar and marshmallows! I wonder how much 3 little birds can devour? They love sweet potatoes. But they eat like, well...birds.

Have a great day everyone! I'm going to go to TJ Maxx. It's 3 degrees here with the wind chill. Brrrrrr.....

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Awww, come on Storm. With all that muscle you've been building wouldn't it be fun to fight just ONE person for something you don't really want or need just to see how strong you've become? :)

Where are Char, Dallys and Randi today? Did they go out with the all the 5am shoppers???

And speaking of those missing, where's Marietta been lately???

I think I'm going to try to sell all my Firms on eBay and buy the high step topper with my profits (assuming I can sell them - I have a lot - even the very first Susan Harris one). I use various pieces of equipment in place of the high step topper, but with the new workouts I'd like to just buy it. DH would tell me to go ahead, but I never use my Firms and might as well sell them before buying something new.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz, that is the problem. If someone really pisses me off i may smack them. I had something taken out of my hands about 6 yrs. ago and i let the buggy sit and walked out before i ended up in jail.
That is why i do not do Black Friday.

They are all probably out fighting people. LOL!!!

Dicks has the high step for i think 59.99.
Trust me i have them all...
Runnin out of room.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Suz - its not wonder you have DOMS in the legs after yesterday's workout! Oy! Yes, I really liked CC #4, it was hard though. But it seems once my HR stays in the orange zone for a while I'm fine, its just that initial shock when it gets up that high that I seem to struggle breathing.

Anne - You are funny! The stores weren't that bad here, I'm actually surprised. Even the traffic wasn't too bad. The only store at the mall that was crazy was Wet Seal, I walked in and walked right back out. But the rest were fine.

Lora - Hope you get to go to the concert. That sucks!

FINALLY I get the computer to myself.

Anyhows, I had a good day yesterday and managed not to over eat. I actually went to bed hungry if you can believe it. I'm even down 1 lb. WTH? We went and saw that Fiction show(can't ever remember the name) with Will Farrell and Dustin Hoffman. I thought it was a good movie.

My workout for today was TJ "kick punch and jam". I added on Karen Voights "Abs and stretch" off her Slick Physique DVD. My workout was 1hr. 18. min. I wanted to do one of Cathe's new workouts, but my DD forgot to bring back the new DVD's I let her borrow! Just when I was ready to use them. I held in my anger like a "mature" adult, but it was tough.LOL!

Lora-
Hope work goes by fast for you today. Dang! your DH for backing out of the concert!

Diane Sue-
I thought it was weird too, that my CC5 only came to 45 min, when everyone else seemed to be doing a longer workout. I'll have to re-down load to get the missing hill climb.

Anne-
Do you take a recovery drink after you workout? I've been doing it faithfully and have noticed I don't get near as sore. RED CHILI PEPPER lights? WHF! LOL!

Meg-
So, you are one of those totally insane people (like me), that weighs theirselves the day after Thanksgiving! Yeah a pound ain't nothing. You'll get rid of that easy.

Debbie-
Good calorie burn on CC4! I'm gettin all my CC confused. I can't rememer which is which, since I haven't done them much for awhile.

Suz-
So cute your bird is trying to sing along with the Christmas carols.
Isn't it great that everyone here can motivate each other to do more than they normally would. Like with staying the full hr. with the CC's? That's why I like this check-in. It pushes me beyond my comfort zone.:) And NO WAY!, was I about to go shopping today! I'm way more sane than THAT!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - I'm one of those crazy people that weighs myself EVERY Day. It's the only way I can keep tabs on my weight....since I tend to be self indulgent at times with my addictive nature.

Good evening,
My workout today was Hardcore Extreme, Traacey Staehle's Core and after coming home from shopping I did not go out with dil afterall so I ran on the treadmill for 2.25 miles.

Lora, I would not stand on my scale right now. Once a month is enough. People lose and gain so easily. I know I gained water weight. Can't get my ring on today. Give me a couple days
and it will slide right on :) A large meal can make you gain just from food volume. Eating salty food and drinking a lot of fluids can do the same. I can tell looking at myself. The scale is depressing and not accurate for results. Around a month you should see looser fit on pants and a little definition.

Suz, I just froze the pie to help deter myself eating all of it. :D.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hey guys. SO I slept most of the day. Didn't even shower till 3! I did just finish my WO though finallly.
I did Interval Max, skipping C/D, then Imax3 intervals 1-5, then C/D and stretch since my legs were so tight by this time. Then I did AbRx. It was about 1hr 45 min. I am whooped! Time to shower.

Even though I shouldn't, I do weigh myself daily. I take in account water weight and I know I will fluctuate. I just need to stay in a certain range, and when I go beyond that, I buckle down my eating better. But, the ultimate test is my jeans!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

i wish I could avoid it. But, I think it does keep me in check and I make sure not to freak out over a few pounds, especially taking in account of what I ate, and how much water I took in, or didn't! I hope to get to that comfort zone where I can check once a month and that be it! My sister gave me more jeans today, and they fit wonderfully! That is a GREAT inidicator!
Have a good night! and thanks DS!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.