Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday Nov 10

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Butts & Gutts - Standing Glutes & Abs Premix (54"). I stopped right before the ab segment started and did a couple more sets of Firewalkers (cuz I loved those things) and then I did just part of the floor leg segment. This took about 1 hour and 5 minutes. Then I did a short 10 minute blast of aerobics (from Jari Love's Ripped 1000), cooled down on my own and then did the stretch segment of Butts & Guts (1 hour and 20 minutes). I burned a total of 400 calories from warm up to cool down.

I didn't think this premix was particularly difficult. We only did squats with weight and lunges with weight and the rest of the exercises did not use weight. I didn't even find the ab portion that difficult. I need to add weight next time. Only part that was difficult is that I kept sliding down when I was trying to do those leaning on the ball obliques holding the resistance band. I'll have to try using more weight next time. I usually gauge how much to lift from Cathe, but she doesn't seem to be lifting her usual amounts this series (did she do that for the beginner/intermediate people??).

Diane Sue - Do you think I should do both standing and lying leg work each week? If so, If I do one standing leg workout and one floor work one each week is that enough for my problem area?

I remember reading a while back about how good that exercise is for your legs that Cathe calls "Firewalkers". I used my Spri ring. I have them in several resistances. I think I might start adding them on to all of my leg workouts.....or what the heck, maybe I'll just start walking around the house like that! LOL. My DH already thinks I'm goofy.

Debbie & Meaghan - GH was good last night. Ric is really a creep....and I like when the story line involves a lot of Ric, Sonny & Jason. Ric's really gonna get it --- isn't he? Him and Alcazar both!!

Ann - Isn't the grease on white pizza - olive oil grease? Especially if you get very light cheese on it. I'll eat olive oil .....it's the only kind of grease my body can tolerate. I love white pizza and I haven't had any for a long time....now I'm craving it. Lots of hot peppers though!! I also love Pineapple pizza with double pineapple! I'm weird ...I know.

Hi to everyone else!!

My boss is off today and I made the mistake of asking her what she wants me to work on -- now I've got enough stuff to keep me busy for not one day off.........but more like a 2 week vacation!

Have great workouts and I'll be back later since the boss is away.

Good Morning Maniacs..Superheroes and whatnot!

Yesterday I cleaned. Did not get in my ab work. Ms Ester (estrogen) brought along Aunt Flo to visit and left me with a migraine. I got to get it in today cuz I am taking in too many calories not to. I have to push thru it today. Got on the scale..120!!!!!! Five more to go.
Today I will be doing the abs, working chest and leg work of some kind.

Lora,

I love the firewalkers too. I was hopping around the house yesterday inbetween cleaning...playing with the dogs. I was in a low hop position while I held onto my knees and kept the legs together..like a bunny. I am so bizarre! lol. I don't think the ab work in Butts and Guts is hard either. Next time I do it, I will use 12's instead of 15's, but I am sure the 5's make that workout much easier also. Sounds like you put a nice workout together this morning. Lot of cals burned too. Great job!

Hello to everyone else. Be back later

Charlotte~~

Char,,,,, don't ya love Aunt Flo????
She gave me some real cramps last night.
I am liking the lighter weights in the new w/o's . A change and it is helping to heal up my arm. Definitely getting better...

Ok, is there anything hard for you carazy woman???
No bad doms on B&G , just a little sore. I like LIC step.Easy to follow and low impact.45 min is enough cardio for me, then i have time for other things.An hour and i don't want to do anything else.

I am feeling like wimpy .It is hard after working 9 hrs a day.Some days i have more strength than others.I need the cardio as of now.
Need some aleve too.

Alright maniacs???
What is hard for you???
Which w/o would you consider hard?
Come up with something for me tonite.
I like splits. The next series is supposed to be a 4 day split.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Barry's Bootcamp's have been hard - aerobically for me lately. I'm going to go back to those once I play around with my Cathe's and Amy's. I think Imax 3 is challenging....but it's so much fun for me, I don't really think of it as "hard".

For cramps - I swear by Advil. You can take 2 at a time if you have to-- just be sure to eat with them. I get horrid cramps, as I've had endometriosis my entire life and I have varicose veins in my pelvic areas which adds to the problem. I used to work for a Neurosurgeon and he always stated the dosage is low on the bottle of Advil for the general population but when prescribed by a doctor, Advil can be used in much higher doses......as long as you eat with them. They help inhibit the prostoglandins which produce cramps also...so they work better than acetameniophin.

Okay ladies -I can't decide if I should take a rest day or not tomorrow. I only got 3 aerobics in this week, but I had a good calorie burn with my weight workouts....and that's what I'm most worried about. I have to work for a while on Sunday, so my workout's going to be cut short.....so I feel I must work out tomorrow. Decisions...Decisions.

Good Morning, today I am doing the standing portion of Butts & Guts and and ab workout and some cardio. My grandson spent the night last night so we played games and read stories.

Lora, I think that would work on the lower body pretty well. Ideally to trim that area and get definition I would do the lower body 3 times a week. I did the Butts & Guts premix Wednesday that is overall legs. It was 1hr3.5 min. It did some standing work then all the floorwork and repeated the ankle weight floor work after the platform. It actually left me with sore glutes and hamstrings. I use 5# ankle weights for this. I think as far as the standing work w/ no weights you could add some on the lunge squat things. I upped my weight last time too. The only thing I did not like about that premix is no firewalkers. As far as the abs I think the ones on Butts and Guts is alright if I add plenty of resistance.
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Isn't it funny how thigs used to be so hard. Like the 1st firm with Susan Harris. They used to be so hard, now it is like is that it?
Like S**.
I wonder sometimes. How much do we think we need to do to stay healthy, look good and be fit. Does it keep getting worse? Do we have to keep doing more and more? Is there a line between being fit and fanatical?
Where do we get to and say i am happy here? Is this a never ending battle to get stronger and firmer?
How much as women can our bones and muscles take?
I wonder if we are at times not overdoing our bodies. Will constant overuse cause us to wear them out faster as we get older or stronger for our old age.
I do have a middle age crisis going on here.
Now you know why i am getting my face and boobs done...
LOL.... 2 months...
I just want to look like a hot grandma at 60.
I guess we will find out...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

This morning I did Cardio Coach #3 again. This workout has two 3-minute running sprints. Never in a million years did I ever think I could run for 3 minutes. But I can! I don't run too gracefully, but hey, I'm doing it! LOL! CC #3 is around 35 minutes but I stayed on and just did a steady state to reach an hour. Total workout was 1 hr. 4 min., was in my zone for 52 minutes and burned 371 calories. Was sweating like crazy too!

Lora - I didn't get to see the ending of yesterdays show, will watch it later. I hate Ric, what a loser he's turning out to be!

Charlotte - CONGRATS on 120#!!! Thats awesome you Maniac! I'm proud of you! Keep EATING! I just got rid of Aunt Flo. What a witch she is!

Hope you all have great workouts!

Diane Sue - thanks for the tip. I don't know where I'm supposed to find time to work my legs 3 times a week, do yoga and get enough cardio and upper body weight work in!! I wish I didn't have a job! I think I'd have to add Firewalkers to any premix now. Yes, I think I just need to figure out my weights for these new ones for me to feel them more. I always have this problem with new workouts...but with Cathe, I usually went by what she lifts and usually either match or go slightly heavier.

Ann - Yes, I hear you with the mid-life crisis. I'm having a major one also. I hear your concerns too. My mind goes thru the same thinking. The only reason I'm trying to force myself to take a rest day is because I swear (I might be dreaming) that the scale budged one pound in the right direction since I took a rest day the last 2 weeks. Maybe I'm crazy?? Well...I know I'm crazy...but you know what I mean.

Debbie - Yes, those 3 minute intervals are killer on Cardio Coach. That's what found my weakness aerobically VERY quick. I still need to work on those! They're challenging. I wish I could do the treadmill without my sciatica flaring.

I better get some work done.

Thanks for hogging all the vodka last night Anne!:p
I actually worry about my joints too. My Sarcoidosis causes major joint pain now when I have a flare up, and I am 27, so I wonder what it will be like in 20 years. I think that I can only benefit from exercise though. Take you calcium!

You know, I really don't get any visits from aunt flo. Haven't since like March. I got anIUD in Feb, and had one 12 day period in March, and nothing since. I don't know if I get PMS cuz I never keep track of my moods, so I am totally lost. Plus my meds cause *irritability* so who knows. I am not complaining though!:p

I need a major WO today. Maybe HSTA again, with extra UB, but that has alot of jumping and I don't want to irritate my knees, but they feel fine today. I also need good abs. But, I have to go down to mom's first and do some work in the barn and on her computer first. I better get my arse in gear.

MOrning Char, Lora, and Deb and the rest of the maniacs.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Lora - I'm surprised my back is doing so well with all these intense workouts I've been doing. Must be because I'm not spending hours working out anymore, I'm in and out and seeing excellent results. I had sciatica bad there for about a year, now its gone knock on wood.

Hi Meaghan! Love HSTA! Haven't done that one in a long time.

Debbie - I'm pretty sure my sciatica is secondary to piriformis syndrome cuz if I rub my piriformis spasm out, it quits tugging at the sciatic nerve. Mine is not severe....but I have an extremely low tolerance for pain and I'm hypersensitive. Mine has been a constant nagging though. It does get better occasionally, but then it gets worse a lot also. I simply cannot tolerate running on the treadmill or doing cycling of late....and a lot of plyos aggravates it...but sometimes I modify on the rebounder and it helps.

Debbie,

Excellent workout! That is incredible you kept going for 3 mins straight. That is tough, but you are!!! I don't run gracefully either. My hubby thinks I look cute when I sprint. As long as you are working it is what counts. Lots of calories burned!!!

Charlotte~~

Morning Maniacs! Today is Kenpo X. I'm going to add in my back work I missed yesterday.

I'm not sore from Butts and Gutts. I really don't think I will get DOMS. I think it's because it was similar to Legs and Back X, so my body didn't think it was anything new. I'll definitly have to heavy up with it next time. I do feel a little sore in my back from the back extention supermans. If the DOMS sets in later, I'll let you know.

Lora-
I had a hard time balancing on the ball with the band also. I had to really concentrate on that one. LOL.

Char-
You are seriously gaining some weight here. 125 in no time. Just make sure it's muscle. I'd be panicing at this point, and playing all sorts of mental games with myself.

Anne-
Running is probably one of the hardest things for me, I'm not a natural runner.LOL! But, to be honest, I have NEVER worked out harder than some of the Mt. Bike rides I've been on. For example, 4 hrs. of climing hills and balancing ledges and then a 10 mile upgrade road back to my motel was the ultimate killer workout. I almost died I think. OH, and this was my first ride of the year. DOH!

Diane Sue-
Great workout. Hope you had fun with GS.

Debbie-
I've only done cardio coach with my St. bike. I bet I would die on the treadmill. I'll have to give it a try.

Meg-
Step away from the vodka! LOL! Have a great workout today.

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Opps! That post took me so long to post, 2 others have posted since.

Anyways I forgot to give you all this challenge for after a leg workout. Since everything is easy for us Maniacs. Well not really, LOL, but any hows. This is the leg Matrix. You do it after a leg workout, for a "finisher". You try to do it as fast as you can. If you get to where you can do it under 90 secs. You do it twice!}( I haven't tried it, but it looks interesting. It's on Alwyn Cosgroves blog.

http://alwyncosgrove.blogspot.com/2006/10/leg-matrix.html

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Oh ladies - I forgot to mention that the 2 New Turbo Jam workouts went live this AM on Beachbody. I got a coupon for 15% off ...so of course I had to get them. It's 2 new workouts - a Weight/Cardio Circuit workout (60 min) and a 45 minute Core Workout both use the Stability Ball and you get the ball with the 2 DVDS. I think it was $40 with my coupon. MORE NEW STUFF............Just what I need, right?

Add plyo to all of those moves and it would be like the cardio on Barry's Bootcamp!!!! LOL

>Opps! That post took me so long to post, 2 others have posted
>since.
>
>Anyways I forgot to give you all this challenge for after a
>leg workout. Since everything is easy for us Maniacs. Well not
>really, LOL, but any hows. This is the leg Matrix. You do it
>after a leg workout, for a "finisher". You try to do it as
>fast as you can. If you get to where you can do it under 90
>secs. You do it twice!}( I haven't tried it, but it looks
>interesting. It's on Alwyn Cosgroves blog.
>
>http://alwyncosgrove.blogspot.com/2006/10/leg-matrix.html
>
>
>
>
>~~Dallys~~
>www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Finished with core work. Just did coremax 1, but went with 12.5# on my back for planks. You not only work your core, but the rear lateral part of shoulders as well. Now I got to eat my turkey burger, cottage cheese and salad and then chest and legs.

Bionics,

I got my bodyfat monitor that I use and it is telling me good things. My pants still continuing to fall off my butt as well. This is the first time I really have seen a difference. I have gained weight before, but not like this. Last time, bodyfat did go up with weight, not this time. WOO HOO!

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.