Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday May 22

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I work 9:30 to 6 today.....so I'm up early. This morning I did David Kirsch's 7 Day RX Shoulders & Biceps followed by Amy's Beginner KB workout. Workout was 60" and I burned 429 calories.

Have great workouts everyone.

Shana - Your HR's are just higher than mine. The highest I've gotten mine is 168 or so. It seems harder and harder for me to get it up there any more. Mine also drops really quickly. As far as the TM incline, I have an older one that has a pin to set it, so I'm not sure what percentage the incline is....but I keep it on the highest incline. I do know I can get it a bit higher on the TM in the basement....on an incline with my vest, can usually get it around 150's....but the last walk I did, I was outside and walking uphill and I couldn't get it that high. I had to jog with my weight vest on to get my HR in the 150's.

Last edited:
Hi there! I did NOT do cardio yesterday- I can hardly WALK! OMG to the leg workouts in Meso 2. :) Anyway, did back and biceps today. It was a good workout and in a good way, the easiest of the 3 this week.

Lora: I know HR is an very individual thing and doesn't it decrease with age? I think my max HR is 169 or 170, which is considered low. And the fact that it drops quickly back to normal means you are FIT! :)

Gotta run- I have clean and do some shopping today. We have Maggie's (DD) 4th birthday tomorrow.

Patti - Is that a polite way of saying, I'm OLD!! LOL. Just kidding, as I know I am.

Off to sell some fumes.........later everyone.

Still disappointed in my upper body workout. I have DOMS in my Chest this time but not the "Ow, it hurts to move" kind. And minimal, if any in my tri's.:confused: Maybe I'll swap out that exercise, for lying extensions or something.

Now as far as today's workout goes, the only major soreness left in my legs is in my hamstring right above the back of my knees, so I decided to go for the leg workout. The only concession I made was on the deadlifts, as I did not go lower than my knees and really burned up my glutes on those, giving my lower hamstrings a break. Oh, and I upped all my sets by 5#.

4DS HIS through first blast as body warmup.

2 warm-up sets of 10 reps for every exercise.

Squats - 35#
Jump Squats - BW
Sissy Squats - BW
Romanian Deadlift - 35#

1 Working Drop Set, Rep Pattern 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20.

Squats - 110,100,90,80,70,60 #
***Funny how the lower weights start out feeling light.:confused:
Jump Squats - 25,20,15,12,10,8 #
***HR through the roof, hit 179, had to take a couple of breathing breaks:p
Sissy Squats -25,20,15,12,10,8 #
***This woke up the quads
Romanian Deadlift - 120,110,100,90,80,70 #
***Like I said only went aslow as the knees and really torched my glutes

Squats - 50#
*** 1 grueling set of 30 reps on squats.

Walked on the TM on an incline at 3.8 for 10 minutes. Finished with stretch from GS Legs, that was a good one. Workout was 1:04 and burned 514 calories.

Good morning- I am planning some cardio tonight. Should do some kickboxing. Maybe a powerstrike.
The kids are planning a sleep over at Grammy's tonight so Wayne and I may be going out for dinner and possibly a movie. Can't remember the last time we had a night to ourselves!

Linda- you really are smokin' these workouts! Good job.

Lora and Patti- lol! I do agree that you are fit Lora!

Everyone enjoy your weekends if I don't get back here tonight! :)

Linda: I wasn't sure what a sissy squat was so I watched one on You Tube. Yeah, not so fun. :p Do they hurt your knees at all? Great squat weights, btw. As for DOMS, at least you managed to put a hurtin' on your lower half!

Meg: I was thinking of doing a Powerstrike tomorrow morning. :)

Today was cardio. My hamstrings seem to be a little better, although the left one is still very tight. But no pain. Weird how it was the right side for so long and now it's the left. :confused:

I chose one of my Cardio Coach mixes and had a good workout. Didn't push myself too hard but didn't slack off either. This mix consisted of Challenge #1 from CC #7 - the 21 minute endurance intervals. It's a tough one for me. I was able to do this at 5 mph so I was happy about that. The next two challenges were sprints.

HR STATS:
50 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
23 minutes in zone
22 minutes above zone
405 calories burned
3.1 miles travelled

DH and I are taking off on our motorcycles :cool: so you all have a great day!

Good Mornin,

Just wanted to peak in and see what all of you were doing.
Today is my rest day and one of my grandson's and my daughter will be here to celebrate his birthday. I bought chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream for him. I think I'll take them out to dinner too. Should be a great day.

Tomorrow I start Meso 3, by my self. I plan on really hitting the weights hard. Wish me luck.

Hopefully I don't fill up on too much bad stuff.:confused:

Janie

Just finished the last STS disc!! What a feeling. I stuck with something for that long - amazing :) I definitely saw improvements and will undoubtedly do it again but am glad I didn't choose the 6 month rotation. It's a personal thing - I just need change at this point but I bet it would be incredible to do for 6 months - Patti - you will have to keep me posted on what you think!

Lora - maybe your ticker is just that awesome!

Happy Friday to all!

Linda- you really are smokin' these workouts! Good job.

Meg - Thanks! A night with no kids? What's that? Enjoy your evening. :D

Linda: I wasn't sure what a sissy squat was so I watched one on You Tube. Yeah, not so fun. :p Do they hurt your knees at all? Great squat weights, btw. As for DOMS, at least you managed to put a hurtin' on your lower half!

Patti - No doesn't hurt the knees at all. But does require some good core strength. As far as the DOMS, I have noticed that my obliques are sore from balancing those One Arm Presses on the bench. At least that's something!:p

Just finished the last STS disc!! What a feeling. I stuck with something for that long - amazing :) I definitely saw improvements and will undoubtedly do it again but am glad I didn't choose the 6 month rotation. It's a personal thing - I just need change at this point but I bet it would be incredible to do for 6 months

Shana - Congratulations on finishing STS! WTG! Guess it's time to send you that Tabata Rotation! ;):p;):p

The kids are planning a sleep over at Grammy's tonight so Wayne and I may be going out for dinner and possibly a movie. Can't remember the last time we had a night to ourselves! :)

Meg...ENJOY!

I wasn't sure what a sissy squat was so I watched one on You Tube. Yeah, not so fun. :p Do they hurt your knees at all?

Patti...I love sissy squats! I have gotten great results from them. I have added a 10# plate...by the last set my quads are talkin' to me!

Do you all have any fun plans on this long weekend?

Roselyn...I am going to take FULL advantage of the fact that I have absolutely nothing planned for the weekend! :p I have been so tired lately. I will enjoy the extra day off and sleeping in!

I plan on really hitting the weights hard. Wish me luck.

Janie...You bring it girlfriend!

Just finished the last STS disc!!

Shanna...Congrats! What are some of the noticable changes you have seen? I will be starting STS in June.

Lora...So are you liking your hair better today? I have been going to the same gal for about 6 years now. She is awesome and I love the way she does my hair! I just wish I could style it everyday like she does! :)

Linda...Nice job!

Work has been soooo busy today! I'm contemplating going home and enjoying a glass of wine over doing my scheduled workout of plyometrics! :p

We finally got all moved out of the house. We went and signed the papers today and had a nice chat with the new owners. We have been out checking out houses today. The second condo that we had appraised had too many things wrong:eek: Eventually we will find the right house.
This morning before we went to close on the house I did Amy's Kettlebell Dynamics workout 1 & 2 and the abs repeating the halos and the stretch. I burned 513 calories and my HR got up to 163 which is great for me.

Lora, my HR rarely gets much over 155 even when I feel I am working really hard. But it drops back down really quickly. I think we are just in great shape:D I wouldn't worry about it.

Just got home and ate dinner.

I have ZERO plans for the weekend....as I work tomorrow 1-9 and Monday Open to Close......and we've been dead.

Thanks for all of the comments about heartrate. I'm still having my MIDLIFE crisis. :mad: Will it ever end?

Sonya - I am not used to my hair being so dark. I had her put more lowlights in it cuz it was too light after having it colored last week. I had a darker auburn color put it in which looks nice...but it's just not a good ratio of blonde to auburn now. I'm a bit of a perfectionist....and yes, I wish I could style mine like she does too! I'm handicapped in the hair stylin' area.

For today I did Push Pull and then repeated the squats, deadlifts, and lunges.

No exciting beyond the normal plans for my weekend. I'm off to visit my bf soon. We're going to his cousin's daughter's bday party tomorrow and also a movie; aside from that, I've got to get some work done. Even though there's nothing special planned, I'm delighted to have an extra day off work.

I did Disc 25 Chest and Back of Meso 3. Burned 500 calories,

Results: Improved in all areas. (YES!)

Warm up; Flat Bench Press 35# barbell (2 sets) 12 reps

Flat Bench Press 55#'s (4 sets) 8 reps
Barbell Rows 60#'s (4 sets) 8 reps
Chest Flies, flat bench 25#'s dumbbells in ea. hand (4 sets) 8 reps
One Arm Row, 30#'s dumbell (4 sets) 8 reps
Incline Bench Press (barbell) 55#'s (4 sets) 8 reps
Deadlifts (barbell) 55#'s (4 sets) 8 reps
Incline Chest Flies 25#'s dumbells in ea. hand (4 sets) 8 reps
One Arm Horizontial Row 30# dumbell (4 sets) 8 reps.

Janie

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.