Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday May 16

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs-

I slept in this morning...didn't want to get up. I was still sore from the other day's workout...so I wasn't looking forward to Day 3 of WarpSpeed...but I did it anyway. Severely messed up my left upper back (flared injury).

Here's day three's plan:

Strength:
A1 - Incline DB Press - 3 sets of 6-8 reps paired with:
A2 - Three Point DB Rows - 3 sets of6-8 reps - 60 sec rest
I used my 25 and 30 lb DBs

Circuit A: (Metabolic Training)
A1 - Pushup to prone jacknife combo (feet on stability ball)
A2 - Reverse Lunge and cable row combo (or reverse lunge with one offset DB)
Perform as many sets of 6 reps as possible in ten minutes

I was already cussing Alwyn out at this point. 10 minutes went on forever. I only paused very briefly to get my HR ....other than that, I pushed hard.

Circuit B: (Metabolic Training)
B1: Squat and Press (continuous motion)
B2: Lat Pulldown or chin up
Perform as many sets of 6 reps as possible in ten minutes

By this point I wanted to KILL Alwyn. I pushed again....and alternated with my green extreme band/doubled with green band for lat pull downs and did assisted chins, I also alternated presses with my KBs and lateral raises with 17 lb DBs....and used my 15-20 lb KBs (can't go too heavy on my shoulders)

After this you do:
Interval B:
3 min warmup
3 rounds of 120 max intensity
120 easy recovery
3-5 minute cool down (did this on my incline step and rebounder for the hard intervals)

I added Amy's stretch from Hi/Lo Dome. Workout was 67" and I burned 554 calories. The intersting thing is that 360 of those calories accumulated by the time I finished the metabolic work at only 37 min!

Thank God tomorrow is my scheduled rest day. He has you do 40-60 minutes of cardio with HR in the 50-60 max HR range for the rest day. My kinda guy, huh?

I also did Blast Belly Fat - Flat Abs ....but skipped the side planks. This had tons of planks.......ouch ...my poor shoulders. I did Karen Voights Yoga 25" from Streamlined Physique.

Now that I lost my 3 pounds of water weight (I know that's what it was....cuz I"m down to my "non bloat" weight.....minus 1/2 more pound).....so at 3 days into this, I lost a half a pound! Doesn't sound like much.....but it makes me want to try the entire 28 days now. Although, I'm conflicted since I'm home and able to do more for my workouts and Alwyn stresses...no extra cardio.

Have great workouts everyone. You guys are probably sorry I'm not working cuz of my long rambling posts!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am gonna work chest/triceps. Clean some more upstairs. Less then 2 weeks I go to Georgia!!!!! WOOHOO!

Lora,

Great job on the weight loss. Your doing good. I would stick with what your doing as it seems to be working for you. Not tired of hearing from you. Always like to hear what you say.

Charlotte -

Do you have family in Georgia? That will be a nice vacation. What routine are you doing? I want to know......as I NEVER want to do it. There would never come a day where I'd want my thighs to get any bigger and not fit in my jeans!!! YIKES.....but you don't carry any fat down there like moi!!

Charlotte - which part of Georgia are going to? I grew up there.

I did day 1 of the warp but I think I must have done something wrong because it only took me 55 minutes.

strength a - squat to paralell hold for 2s 50 lb barbell - 4 sets 8 reps

circuit a pushup and prome jack on ball / reverse lunge and cable row - for lunges I used 2 20lb dumbells and put as much resistance on my band as possible for the rows - 6 reps for 10 minutes

circuit b - squat and press / lat pull - squat and press - 20 lb dubbells 6 reps for 10 minutes

interval 6 rounds I ran on the treadmill at 8 mph - for the 30 seconds - but I actually did 60 seconds because it took a bit to get my HR up there, then jogged at 5 mph - did this and then cooled down and stretched.

My mio says I only burned 350 calories. It was a good workout.

Lora - what did I do wrong? Why so short? That was actually good because I have to get ready for work!

Good Morning!!! Boy, am I feeling DOMS all over! It feels soooo good. My chest is really feeling it, and I didn't even do any pusshups! hehe. I really was starting to get sore last night at work. My BF was laughing at me when I reached for something and said my butt hurt lol. But he is so supportive and actually listens to me ramble about it AND he actually ASKS me "what kind of WO did you do?" It is really nice that he isn't bored to tears when I talk about my fitness (or atleast he pretends good haha). He even bought me a gift certificate for Itunes so I could download more running music.

OK, so Lora, I sent you a PM with my email. Looking foward to checking it out. Seems you are doing quite well with it. I jsut need to buckle up my diet more. So hard when I work at restaurants. But we got the nutrition info for everything at Friendly's, and I wanted to throw up. The amount of sodium alone could kill a horse!

Char- I haven't been on the Bpal site in months, but I need to go check it out. I don't recognize any of the ones you talk about!

Oh yeah...I am planning on doing the cardio from BM2 today, possibly the lower body work. Was gonna do the whole thing, but my UB is a bit to sore. If I don't do that Warp thing with Lora, then I am going to do Cathe's Feb 07 rotation. it is 4 weeks, and if I complete that then I will feel much better about rocking out P90x.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~
~AGAIN~
5/7/08

Today I had a pretty decent workout. Still not much into it but getting better. I think the problem is this rotation is very intense. Next time I do it I will eliminate one exercise for whatever body part there are 4 exercises for. I think that's overkill for women and I think it's really draining me. Another thing I will do is increase my rest time like I did today. That helped.

1:10 rest between each set

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
Close Grip EZ Curl:
40# - 15 (warmup)
50# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***These felt good. Will go up in weight next week.[/font]

Dumbbell Preacher Curls:
27's - 11/10/10
[font color=red]After the 3rd set I dropped the weight to 20's and repped out at 8 reps.[/font]
[font color=blue]***These killed. Good weights for this exercise.[/font]

Hammer Curls:
25's - 12/10/10
[font color=blue]***These felt good as well. Good weight and my forearms got a great burn.[/font]

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Lying Barbell Extensions:
55# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***Should have gone up in weight. I will next week.[/font]

Weighted Bench Dips:
60# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***These felt good too. Good weight.[/font]

Kickbacks:
12's - 12/12/12
[font color=red]After the 3rd set I dropped the weight to 10's and repped out at 8 reps.[/font]
[font color=blue]***Last time I did overhead DB extension and hurt my neck area. Didn't want to do that again so I did Kickbacks instead. Light weights, but these felt good.[/font]

That is all....

Hi there - I just have a question for Diane Sue, if she's here today. Diane, could you please check out the OD forum? I was wondering if you could give me some info about that plyo mat you bought from Stage Step. thanks a bunch!

Yes, yes, I'll admit that every once in a while I snoop around here. :7 You gals lift some serious weight!

Whoo wee.....my DVD player is still on the fritz, so I did LowMax. My legs are fried. Didn't realize just how sore they were to begin with lol. Gonna feel good waitressing on these poor legs all night tonight haha!! Then I did abs from Power Hour. Great WO. I feel good, but I am starving!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~
~AGAIN~
5/7/08

Ally & Meg - Just wanted you ladies to know that my DH just booked a flight to Vegas for the end of next week....so since I'm going away, I'm not going to start Warped 'till I return on the 28th or 29th! At least I know I'll like it now. Sorry if you wanted to do it with me. I'll probably need to do 2 months back to back with a recovery week in between after Vegas...since I usually gain on vacation. That's how Alwyn says to do it if you want to do it longer than 28 days.

Meg - I will check my email soon. I'm gonna have Ally forward her email to you...cuz it took too long from my computer. If you want it quicker, just PM her and give her your email....as she said she'd do it.

Ally - I could probably get done with that in about 60"....but I add a warmup and my cooldown and stretch was sort of extended. I did Amy Bento's stretch which is close to 9 minutes and a brief cool down. I also take time to count the intervals and maybe I go a bit beyond on the cardio. I can't see the numbers on my Mio when doing superfreak running on the Rebounder. ETA: if you can double up your resistance bands -- you can get a harder resistance. I do that and it works fine. Also - don't you have anywhere to do pullups? They are really killer even if you need to cheat. Or you can take a barbell and lie it across two chairs and lie down underneath it and do inverted rows...or pullups from the floor with your legs straight. Turbulunce Training shows this variation, as well as AMy Bento. And if you don't get sore......try going heavier....cuz I'm sore from it...but I'm mostly sore in the legs and lats from pullups.

Great workouts everyone. I've got errands to run. Be back later.

Afternoon Maniacs,

I’m just getting to work had business to attend to. Had a pretty good workout this morn:)

Squats: 16/16/16/16/16/16 – #50 bb

Front lunges: 16/16/16/16 - #30/40 db

Back lunges: 16/16: - #30 db

Pile squats: 24/24 -#40/40 db

Leg press: 16/16/16/16 - #20 db

One legged squats: 24/24 no wts

Calves: 32/32

Slow and Heavy:
each exercise I did 3 sets, 2ct down and 6 ct up

CHEST
Bench Press bb
50/50/55 (increased 15 lbs)

Flyes db
20/15/20

Incline Bench bb
50/55/60 (last set only did 7:D first time ever using 60bb)I rocked it.

Incline Flyes db
20/15/20

Push-Ups
2ct down 6ct up

BACK
Lat Row db
30/20/20 (first set I used 2 15's then, last two single rows using 20's each side)

Pullover db
20/20/20

Dead Lifts db
40/60/60

Supermans
Planks 1
Planks 2
Planks 3

Lora and Ally,

Gonna go to Savannah, GA and staying at a haunted B&B. Hubby doesn't know it is haunted. Don't want him to know. Think it is mildly haunted though as I didn't see on comments about anyone being scared off by ghost. The place is gorgeous though. What routine do you mean Lora? What I am doing now or when I get to Georgia? Just plan on bike riding when down in Georgia and maybe visit local gym too. Lora, my thighs have always been bigger and seem to be expanding a tad more lately, but I know it is muscle and not fat as I have been going heavier and still eating rather good and healthy.

Meg,

The 13 perfume is a limited edition from some time ago. I found out mine is the orange label one..lovin' it. TePo is more recent limited edition and is under Shiny and New on the BPAL site. Really liking the way that one smells too.

Nice workouts everyone!

Ally, thank you:)

Meals for today:

M1: 3 Tbsp of protein w/1/2 grapefruit
M2: 1.5c spaghetti 8 club whole grain crackers (went right into lunch, didn't have time for breakfast this morning)
M3: turkey patty on Thomas WW bagel w/onions mustard & cup of tomato soup

I only brought meals 2&3 since I'm working a half day. I'll figure the other meals once I get home.

I just placed an order for BSN Cinnamon Roll Protein. I need too get in more protein. I can barely tolerate eggs:* or chicken:* and about to burn out on turkey.

I overslept this morning. For some reason my alarm did not go off. Spent a lot of time messing with the new HR monitor. Still not quite sure what all of the beeping is for. I think it has something to do with the high end and low end zones. I changed it up because after I came back from the school I realized it was set for own zone which I have not programmed yet. Changed it to automatic. I started with Sharon Twombly's Athletic step Jam. I had to stop several times through my workout to turn take care of the dogs, get dh oatmeal( I have it ready in the microwave just need to turn it on) and dd stayed and chatted a few minutes before she left. That is why I need to get up early. Anyway I forgot to start it back up one of the times so Athletic step jam was 47 minutes and 250 calories. Not to good. When I came back I did the Ball premix of Athletic step Jam and burned 169 calories, then I did Circuit Zone short circuit premix and burned 156 caloreies, Finished with a cia circuit I taped off of television and burned 116 caloris. Did the foam roller off of Circuit zone and rolled out my back and shoulders as well. Total calories burned excluding the time I forgot to turn it back on was 691 calories and 2 hrs and 26 minutes.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Eats for today

M1: protein smoothie
M2: 2 eggs in whole wheat wrap
M3: turkey wrap with arugula (gives it a nice peppery crunch!)
M4: cottage cheese and yogurt mixed together
M5: almonds
M6: grilled chicken, steamed summer squash and tossed salad

calories 1675
fat 63.5g 34%
carbs 126.1g 27%
protein 162.6g 39%

Nutrition Stats yesterday
1475 calories; 159.6 pro; 150 carb; 29.1 fat cholestral 115
43.3% 40.7% 17.7%
Today so far meals are:
Post cardio 1/2 cup strawberries
1 Tbs fat free sour cream(out of yogurt)
1/2 serving bio chem caramel swirl whey
Post weight circuits protein shake 1/2 cup light soy milk, 1 serving
biochem whey, 1 serving general food cappucino
mocha decaf and sugar free, water, and ice
Lunch salad mix, 1/2 cup spinach, 3 oz left over pork tenderloin,
1 Tbs. Newmans Honey Mustard dressing

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.