Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday June 15

Good morning!

I can't believe I'm here just after Lora. :) I woke up at 4 with a little headache. Not a bad one but I had it last night and hoped it would go away by the time I woke up. So I decided to take Excedrin when I woke up. Well, that's like having coffee and then going back to bed so I just got up. I painted my toenails with the new, pretty color I got last night. :) Hopefully they will be dry before I ride in an hour. It's the fast dry stuff but yesterday I did a touch 45 minutes before my ride in the morning and totally messed up one of my toes. Now I'm going to go water the flowers I bought that I have to plant in pots after work today. My friend said it's a good thing I didn't plant them earlier (I was complaining that I got such a late start but I didn't want to do it before I left for a week) b/c it snowed last week while I was gone - in June!

This morning I'm riding with Jen and Jen. What are the odds? Chris used to be the fastest gal in our town, but the one Jen beat her at the time trial last week and the second Jen beats ALL the women at everything (and a lot of the men) - time trials, hill climbs, you name it. She's amazing! She can only ride with us on Fridays (thank goodness for me!!!) so my Friday workouts are definitely killer and then the group rides on Saturdays kill me too. But tomorrow the group is doing some mountain climb in Colorado which I'm not doing. I'll ride with DH instead. I don't have granny gears on my bike and I'm not sure I could do that climb without them - or at least that's what they tell me. Not that I really want to try so I'm happy for the excuse. :p When I got up just after 4 the wind was 7.8. I just checked and it was 1.7. Fingers crossed that it stays minimal. That way at least I'll be able to breathe a LITTLE bit with the two Jens!

I forgot to mention that the other day I did Ab Ripper X. Owie! It brought back good memories of Tony. I miss that guy!

Have great workouts everyone. Busy day running SEEK (Summer Educational Experiences for Kids) stuff around campus today in preparation for Monday when all the little kiddies arrive for their first day. I can't wait. I can't believe I just said that!!! But they're so cute! Then we have our summer picnic this afternoon so we get to shut down at noon if we can get everything finished. Woo hoo!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good Morning, today is Barrys Bootcamp total body and cardio. I am trying to decide between BOSU Blast and and I Max. Tomorrow is Kick Box so I won't do that today. Last time I did bosu blast my heel started hurting so I am not sure if that was the cause of the flare up or not. Today is the library and taking the grandchildren for the ice cream they earned with their reading they have been doing. We also have a key ring braid project to finish. I went out and bought more rings and clips and beads yesterday. It is pouring rain today. It took a bit to convince the puppies to go outside.

Lora, glad to hear that you finally got a job. Having a uniform will make it easier choosing what to wear to work:)

Suz, I need to pull out ab ripper X again. I like that workout. I hope you don't mess up your nails:) Whenever I get the quick dry stuff it tends to come off fast. Then the regular polish takes so long to thoroughly dry and I am so impatient that I mess it up every time.

Hi to everyone

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I rested. Well cleaned FIL's house cuz we need moola. Got a job offer yesterday from Tastee Greeze (lol) so just gonna work there on weekends. Was what I wanted...3 miles from home, evening work and alittle money on the side. I suppose other places will call now. Seems like when you get one job then there are other opportunities.

So today I have to get groceries. Weather still looks undecided for rain or not, but would like to get in a bike ride and work legs with weights today. I think my son wants to come along this time.

Suz,

Still doing ab ripper. It is still tough no matter how many times you do it. I got to throw some color in my hair and it needs cut too. Good idea on painting toe nails. I should do mine.

Diane Sue,

Have fun with your grandchildren. They sound so spoiled. ;)

Charlotte~~

I'm back. Ended up doing Michelle Dozois' Best Body Circuit using 12-20 pound DB's. Some exercises are done with the band and I probably should have used a heavier band, but was not sure, as I never did this before. Workout was 65" and I burned 400 calories. I also did Baron Baptiste's Journey Into Power Level 2 45" and Rapid Results Pilates for the Waist 10" (really different -- like it).

I really liked Michelle's circuit. It was fun and had lots of plyo in it. It was challenging but not in a Cathe way. It's a no dread factor circuit. I've always liked her.

Diane Sue - Believe it or not, I got that job because she said she was so impressed by the fact that I went Door to Door to look for a job and that means I'm agressive and a "go getter". I've never done Medical Billing....except back in the Stone Age....the manual way on a typewriter, etc. I'm not sure if I actually think of myself as "agressive"....but it worked for getting the job. The other bad thing about the job is they never give you a raise or cost of living increase...so I'm not sure I'll stay there long......unless I love it.

Toasty- can't believe we both ended up getting jobs at the same time! That's funny. Good luck with your new venture.

Suz - where did you go on vacation? Sounds like you're enjoying yourself being off. You deserve it.....and I'm glad you're enjoying your time off.

I have lots to take care of today. I'll be around for a while though.

Lora,

I must have missed that yesterday. Well good luck to you too. Hope it is everything you wanted and all goes well. When do you start? I start on the 22nd.

Charlotte~~

Toasty - yes, you missed my post. It's a sucky job and only pays around minimun wage and you NEVER get a raise cuz it's doing medical billing and depending on how much money you pull in the practice, you have a chance to get a bonus...but it still doesn't equal that much. My DH and I went around and around yesterday and fought all day. He wouldn't give me his opinion on what to do...but my unemployment runs out at the end of July and I didn't want to chance holding out for something better. DH is not really happy at all and he's been on my back for 2 days now. I get to wear a uniform though! Happy about that.

Well geez, I get to wear tacky Tastee Greeze apron..imagine that! lol. I hope I don't see anyone I know.:p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: They will be like..WTH????

No one will touch my toes but me. My toes are not the most beautiful things you have seen. :p

Bionics,

So I will be riding today too..that is the plan.

Suz,

Do love the new avatar. Looking lovely.

Good Morning :)

TGIF..............

No workout for me last night, I tell ya. I didn't get home from work until 7pm when I normally get home around 4:30.

This morning, I did Cardio Kicks and tonight, MIS may as well do the entire workout since I missed legs yesterday.

Toasty: congrats on the new job :)

Teddygirl~

Morning ladies,
Just checkin to say hello.
I have been consumed. W/o's been good this week. more cardio. Clothes are loostening. I am avoiding the scale..
Trying to do a cardio coach a day and a body part..
Suz, ya look great..
Char, glad you found something..
2 weeks till vacation..
well, back to work. Have great weekends..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Thank you..thank you! Now I get to smell like grease poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p It is all good though. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Charlotte~~

Today is my rest day, and as usual very busy. Getting the house ready for company. We will have them off and on now for a couple of months. I love it when they want to visit us.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Hey Maniacs! Finished my workout.

Circuit- *2 sets- *15 reps- *no rests

Terry pulls 30#
Side lunges 20's
Butt kicks 1 min.

CG pulldowns 70#
Leg press 155#
butt kicks 1 min.

SB supermans
Pelvic thrusts
Jumping Jacks 1 min.

Hammer curls 15's
Jumping jacks 1 min.
Plank twists

Reverse curls 10's ( again, lighter because of tennis elbow)
Jumprope 1 min.
50 bicycles

workout took 46 min. followed it with Yoga Shatki's back bends for 20 min. Good lordy, her back bends get advanced at the end!

Hi to all!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - good workout. I got my NROL book today and glanced at it. Looks good. thanks for the rec.

Toasty -what does your uniform look like? I'm wearing lovely Navy scrubs. Went and bought some wild blue and purplish nail colours to do my nails with. I love wearing uniforms. It's so easy to pick out makeup, jewelry and shoes!! LOL. Hope I last at this job!

Hi to everyone else.

Lora,

I don't want to know. he he. You really like wearing uniforms? Egads! Not me.

So I got in my bike ride...18 miles. Rode past the Tastee Greeze and the smell was ugh gross. Have to get use to that. Oy! Got home and did 300 walking lunges with the 45's. Made dinner then went downstairs and did ATG squats with 110# 3 sets/8 and then deadlifts with 110# 3 sets/8. Legs are shaky.

Ya'll had some great workouts today! Have a nice weekend. Be back later

Toasty - guess it's not so much that I like wearing them....but I hate dress clothes, so a uniform is easier than having to dress up and then there's the whole makeup situation as mentioned above. It's just less hassle........not that I like the way I look in navy scrubs or anything! I bet you have to wear a little Tastee Freeze striped hat or something!! LOL.

Lora,

I will have to go to bed before too long. Please don't give me nightmares about dorky striped hats, etc. They have visors they wear. I think the shirts are baby blue. I told the boss lady I need XS because those shirts are always too big and baggy. She laughed her butt off. Thought it was weird. Didn't get it. ha ha ha ha ha????? lol

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.