Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday June 13

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Happy Friday the Thirteenth. There's a BPAL fragrance to commemorate Fri the 13th....as always.

This morning was WSFL Strength Circuits, Metabolic Circuits with HIIT. This was a fave combo of mine...Incline Chest presses/DB Rows, Pushups and Jacknives, Lunge with Row, Shoulder press and squat.

For the HIIT, I used the Rebounder again. Intervals were 120/120 Max/Rec. I shortened my recoveries just a bit. I did my own stretch and listened to RHCP Stadium Arcadium - Jupiter for weights and Papa Roach Paramour Sessions for cardio. Workout was 60" and I burned 490 calories.

Deb - I've been hearing some really good new songs on that cable station. I'll have to start writing down some names.

I feel like nobody here reads my posts anymore. The other night I posted asking for advice on this other job interview offer and only one person responded! I count on you ladies to give me advice and be my friends.

With that being said, I need help! These ladies at work are THE DEVIL. They bring me cookies, cake, etc daily and I've eaten a choc chip or sugar cookie every day this week (big ones). You all know sweets are my weakness. We all just share one big room.....the cookies are right in my face. The one girl stops and buys stuff special just for me! It's becoming a bad habit that I need to break but with my addictive behavior and severe sweet tooth, I fear I doomed.

On the other hand, I have been talking with the one guy who is the Sales Manager that the owner brought from Phoenix and he's really into fitness like me and we've been talking about weights, fitness, etc over the last couple days.......but he even brought 2 boxes of cookies in for us ladies yesterday. I'm thinking I might mention that I would appreciate his support with the "junk food" eating since he's training for a competition.......like maybe we can help each other with diet? I need someone with some discipline around me. Today....the boss is buying lunch and for dessert, they ordered Triple Chocolate Cake!! OMG!!

Sorry this is soo long and hope it makes sense...as I'm rambling...but my sweet tooth is out of control and I need to get a grip. Would appreciate help.
Thanks for listening.

ETA - On a good note - another younger dude at work told me I looked 35 yesterday and then he said I was Hot.....not really sure if that's politically correct...but I'll take the compliment (yes, bragging again)....good ego boost for me since I have such low self esteem.

Sorry I can't join you ladies throughout the day, but I have no access to a computer.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!!!

My cats face is right on the keyboard. lol. Anyhoo, today is my rest day, but I will work abs.

Lora,

I ate a little bag of peanut M&M's yesterday, if that makes you feel better. lol. At work, I don't have this problem....so far. There is really no time to eat, but when I worked at the bank, such things were brought in constantly, and chocolate always tempts me. Well off to BPAL and see what that perfume is like.

Have a great day Maniacs!!!

Morning,

Do you guys think I could do chest & back tomorrow? Today I’m leaving at noon, it’s my free half day my boss gives us four during the summer! And I packed so much food I wasn’t sure what I wanted to eat. For cardio today, either Imax II or Lowmax.

P90X Shoulders & Arms

alternating shoulder presses:
r12/15 w10/9

in & outs bicep curls:
r16/16 w10/10

two arm triceps kickbacks:
r14/16 w8/5

deep swimmer’s presses:
r14/10 w10/10

full supination concentration curls:
r8/8 w15/15

chair dips:
r 26/20 str legs

upright rows:
r16/12 w8/10

static arm curls:
r16/16 w10/10

flip grip twist tri kickbacks:
r16/16 w8/5

two angle shoulders flys:
r16/16 w8/9

crouching cohen curls:
r12/10 w10/15

lying tricep’s ext:
r6/16 w 10/10

Bonus Round

in&out str arm shoulders flys:
r16/16 w8/5

congdon curls:
r10/16 w15/10

Side tri-raises:
12 each side

Morning Maniacs!

This is my rest day, gonna go see a movie tonight with hubby "The Happening", I've heard it's not getting very good reviews, but hopefully I will like it.

Lora - Be strong with the sweets that they bring in, I would rather have to deal with that than what you dealt with at your other jobs. At least you seem to be happy at this one and the people are friendly to you and the guys are giving you compliments! I say hang in there and just try HARD ( and I know how hard it is to turn down sweets) to stay away from the tempting yummies! lol

Charlotte - What are you doing right now with your abs, are you doing your own thing or a dvd? I've been doing the turbo jams and I really like them. They don't compare to any of Cathe's w/o's but they are working for me right now. I've just got to practice what I siad to Lora in the above post to her. HA!

Have a great day ladies and hi to all that follow!

I forgot to mention, lasts night, I did Strike Zone, wasn’t a good idea! Before, after I did GS legs went right into it and it felted great. This time I allowed for DOMS to set in legs, I did finish but wasn't my best work, just thought I share!

Sandy – Hello :*

Lora - I think you should nicely speak up and tell them you can't eat that stuff. Especially the lady who is bringing in stuff just for you. If you don't want them to think your a stick in the mud over the way you eat, then lie! Make up a medical excuse as to why you can have it. For me too much junk my IBS flare, for my friend too much sugar makes her arthitis hurt like mad. Whatever it takes! And when the goodies do come into the office just say to yourself "oh well, that's just not in my plan", helps a lot more than you would think. HTH!

Today I did Cardio Coach #8 again. I cannot believe how much I love this workout. And I can't believe I can jog up a 4% incline at a speed of 4.3 for 8 minutes!!! And I can do it twice! Just two years ago I couldn't even do a slow jog on a 0% grade for more then 2 minutes. At one point in this workout I was at an incline of 7% jogging at a speed of 5 just to try and get my HR into Level 4. This is truly unbelieveable to me. I never thought of myself as a runner. I'm on my way!

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]

[font color=blue]1 hour
48 minutes in zone
397 calories burned (really wanted to hit that 400 calorie mark. My treadmill showed 421)
3.5 miles travelled
[/font]

[/b]Lora[/]b - Discipline is hard when there are all kinds of things testing you, especially with sweets. I'm the same way, I have a HUGE sweet tooth but somehow I have been able to keep it under control. Yesterday we had cake at the office for someone's birthday. I haven't had a piece of birthday cake in probably 2 years at work. We have cookies and boxes of chocolates there all the time. I never give in. Is there any way you can have them put it someplace you can't see it? And there is nothing wrong with being polite and saying you appreciate their kind gestures, but you just can't eat food like that too much. Tell them (if they already don't know) how health-conscience you are. Hopefully they will understand. And yes, please write down the songs. I need some new music badly!

Teddygirl - I think you can work chest and back tomorrow. Listen to your body. If those areas are sore, then rethink it.

Gotta go deliver Avon. Oh joy...

Debbie: Nice work! Since I’ve been doing cardio coach, I have made good progress, these workouts push you to challenge yourself, before I’d run an hour but never inclining now I can go longer and harder. I listened to CC 8 yesterday I love the music. I’m going to do CC 8 Sunday or tomorrow, if I don’t do C&B

linda: Hello :)

My workout today wasTracey Staehle's Strike Zone repeating Strike 11 and stopping at the stretch, then I did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Knockout knockouts premix no w/up core or stretch (16 min), then I did KBX bonus bag 2 times (12 min). I burned 623 calories during the cardio, finished with Amy's All Pump Extreme multi joint segment and then the 2 set total body premix stopping at the core, finished with Strike Zone Stretch. Total calories burned was 1019 and time was 2 hr 43 minutes. This was my 4th week of my All Pump Exteme rotation. I think next week I will do 3 total body workouts which will partly be circuits. I need to allow plenty of time for appointments. I have been under a lot of stress of a lot of swollen lymph nodes. The doctor is running all kinds of tests. This is altering my diet some too:( I have a mammogram and dexascan Tuesday. Had lots of blood work done. They are scheduling the colonoscopy even though I am doing the Hemocult test. DD says if these don't turn up anything they will probably do a lymph node biopsy:( I am going to go get my hair cut in a bit. I have been wanting to do something different. Hopefully I come home different. Last time the girl told me my hair was to thin for what I wanted and I came home looking the same. I have a guy doing it this time.

Lora, I do not know why they bring all of that junk food into the work place. Then they wonder why they have unhealthy employees need ing to take off of work. Even the doctors offices have drug reps provide tons of junk and there are always bowls of candy. It always made it hard for my dd's to keep there weight off.

Teddy, I would say it depends on how sore you are from todays P90X workout. You will be doing lots of pull ups and push ups. Maybe you could do legs.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did "Red Carpet Ready" Workout-A. 3 weight circuits repeated 3 times each. I then did a stretch on my own. Workout was 1hr. and I burned 322 calories. Was happy with that! I need to plant some tomatoes today. I can't live without tomatoes!!! I even ate the ones I'd bought right before the outbreak scare. They were on the vine though, so I wasn't to worried.

Breakfast was 3egg whites, one yolk scrambled with one slice ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread with blueberry jam.

Lora- Did you have your job interview? Here's what I think with all those goodies coming into your workplace. I bet, that there are other ladies wishing that people wouldn't bring that stuff in either, just no one is speaking up. I'd start bringing in a veggie/fruit plate with low fat dip or hummus. I'd just snack on that all day. Just say, "Hey people, I love and appreciate all these goodies you bring in, but my ASS does not! I'm on the veggie wagon from here on out and anyone here can feel free to join me any time.":)

Nice workouts everyone else! YOu're all Maniacs!

Talk later....

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Sandy,

I am just doing Cathe ab workouts every other day for abs and sometimes I like to dance so that is about it. I think the lean eating helps a ton though.

Hey Char - Okay, because I'm going to start working my abs at least 3 days a week by themselves but still continue with my cardio. We went to Panara last night and I thought the sandwichs I was eating from there were healthy...ummm...no they're not. They are full of sodium and fat! It's good, but that's gonna be an occassional eat out! I coudln't believe it, for one sandwich it had 800 plus cals in it, and about 2000 something in sodium. I rarely eat a whole sandwich from there but still! I may have to get on the tuna wagon too!

Dally's - That would be a good way for Lora to present it to the ladies and gents where she's working. They seem to be really nice people shes working with. Great workout by the way. I haven't been able to check that one out yet!

Lora - Do they think that you enjoy having the goodies and maybe that's why they keep doing it? Maybe that's there way of just having a good enviroment to work in...I don't know. Dally's idea sounded pretty good though! lol

Afternoon Maniacs,

Still doing WS. THis is how yesterday went

Incline DB Press
8/6/6 - 40's
One Arm Rows
8/8/8 - 47#

SLDL's 90#
Crunches on Ball
7 sets of 12

Step Ups - 10's
DB Swings - 37#
10 sets of 12

Then interval cardio with 2 min on/2 min. off. Did drills from Amy Bento A team Bootcamp.

Today was cardio and used Imax2 for i mintue intervals and ran around for 2 min mod. intensity, than 5 easy min. on treadmill, then combos 1, 2 & half of 3 from BM2.

Earlier today I was at Home Depot and as I was backing out to leave so was the guy directly behind me and we never saw each other. Need I say more? What really made me made is we waited over 50 minutes for the police to arrive and my kids completly missed their music class. Which normally would not be a big deal except their music teacher is retiring and this was her last class. It is so Friday the 13th!

HI Lora - sorry - I didn't see your post about the job interview. About the food thing, people here are always eating junk. I bring my lunch and two healthy snacks every day and stay in my office. I just don't go where they put the junk.

It is tempting, but try to avoid the area.

Just came back from getting my haircut. It turned out good. Didn't have to come home and fix it:D

Dallys, I am so glad I planted tomato plants. I have already been able to pick a few. I planted them a little early but we did not have a frost so they are doing great. I planted lettuce and zuccini too:D

Sandy, I love eating at Panera but usually just get the Aisian Sesame chicken salad or Fandango salad which has more fat but half the sodium. My weakness is the IC caramel cappucino. Now that is a lot of calories. They are only for a special treat. I have bought their low carb bread which was yummy. Best bet there is probably a bagel and lowfat cream cheese. Also some of the soups are not to bad. Definitely lower in fat and calories.

Linda, sorry you had a parking lot accident. Those can be bad. Hope your Friday the 13th improves.

Dallys - I have a phone interview set up for Thurs AM. Prescreening type of thing. It's with the Akron location, I believe. My DH & I are fighting cuz the job pays more and has health benefits, but I like where I am and would rather stay. There's been a lot of drama around here.

Thanks for all of the food/sweets suggestions. It's SO HARD for me with my addictive behavior and severe sweet tooth but I will try to only allow 1 treat a week or something to that nature. I did speak with the fitness dude and told him I need his support. Found out he is a certified Hypnotist (has actually appeared on QVC with his programs)....so I told him I want to be hypnotized to not eat sweets and eat less. He's the Owner's right hand man that came from Phoenix with the owner.

Funny thing he said this morning is that I should come to the gym with them in the AM to workout sometime! Could you see lil' ol' me in the gym with the guys slinging around my Kettlebells and doing Metabolic Circuits! I think NOT. I'm a home exerciser. ......sorry...don't want to hang with the dudes! LOL! He told me he has a female personal trainer from Phoenix that emails him his programs. She was a Ms Universe in the past. He said that he likes women trainers, as they pay more attention to detail....smart, huh?

Great workouts everyone. Off to eat my dinner.

Speaking of Panera - does anyone know if the Egg/Cheese Souffle is bad for you? I had one at work last week and it was excellent. I figured eggs = good...but not sure about the other part of it.

Diane Sue - Are you liking Strike Zone more? Did you feel it was more intense? I get an excellent workout with it and love it.

Dallys - great going on the RCR workout. I hope you get sore. Valerie just posted a Indiana Jones workout on her Blog. I have to check it out.

Toasty - did you get a bottle of 13?

Lora, Panera Bread 4 cheese souffle is 470 calories 30 gm fat, 35gm carbs, 18 gm protein, 700mg sodium.
As far as Strike Zone I am liking it more. I still am not getting the calorie burn you do. I wear my weighted gloves and do a lot of bouncing around and really try to put my all into the kicks and punches. It was better today. At the end of the cardio on it I hit 340 calories. Better than the 270 I hit the first time. I even did pretend jump roping between strikes. I still think it is not to bad as the cardio is only 42 minutes excluding the w/up and stretch. It is a fun workout.
So, that is interesting about that guy being a hypnotist.

Hey Maniacs! I just got back from a 3 hr. mountain bike ride. I'm exhausted and... get this... I burned 1192 calories!!!!!!!!!!!! So, to keep up with all you guys, I have to LITERALLY climb a MOUNTAIN, ride through rivers, tread through mud, pass "beware of black bear" signs, dodge rocks, duck under tree branches, tight rope over skinny tiny bridges, spin through gravel, fix chains, eagle eye horse sh*t, etc., etc., all while balancing on 2 wheels! All this, while my abs are killing me from Valerie's killer mountain climber ab thingys that I did this morning! ROFL! Yowsa!

LIFE IS GOOD!}(

I'm in desperate search of food, so I'm outta here! Have a great night all!
[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.