Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday Jan 25

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I wanted to do something a bit different so I strayed from my rotation for a day. I did Speedbody Full Body Workout with Rob Forcelli and added on The Biggest Loser Power Sculpt 15" with Bob Harper. Workout was 1 hour and 15 minutes and I burned 532 calories. Speedbody really is a fun workout and between all of the punching, weight work and medicine ball work my lats are feeling worked. He really punches hard and encourages it, as he's a boxer. This workout had a zero dread factor and has a lot of variety of moves.

I'm sooooooooooo glad it's Friday. This week dragged!!! Hope I can make it thru the day.......as we have a really heavy new patient load at work today and the doctor that's in today works super fast....hard to keep up at his pace!

I just got done watching Buckcherry on Leno last night. They did a good job and yes, Toasty, I agree, Josh looks a bit tattered. I wonder why?

Have great workouts.

Toasty - meant to say that I agree with Anthony from RHCP. With his dark smoldering eyes, body and uniqueness.....he'll always hold a special place in my heart.....oh and the strategically placed tattoos!!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Well Lora at least you got a job. I got to apply today at Fast Food places. I should have been applying more, but I am not exactly fired up about working fast food and there is nothing else around here close by..uggghhhh.

You love them tattoos, don't ya. I could take 'em or leave 'em.

Today I got much to do. Cleaning, groceries and workout and of course applying at jobs so I am wearing my Fire of Passion perfume today! lol. I got to get going, and soon.

Morning Ladies,

Quick check in for me. Today is DD birthday and I have a lot to do to get ready for her party tomorrow.

Anyway, today was cardio and I did IMAX 3 blast only premix. Worm my HRM for the first time in years. It was interesting. My HR actually hit 189 at one point. Workout was 40 minutes with a average heartrate of 159. I guess that's good?

Have a great day!
Linda

Good Morning
Last night I did a hard workout CM #3, S&H triceps, legs then LIC cardio. I'm feeling pretty good this morningx(
Posted up some new pics, I think i'm just excited with my new results because it's taken me a long time to get this way:eek:
Does anyone do endurance anymore? Since I've done almost 4 months of heavy training should I go to endurance and circuit? I just dont want to lose my results.
Anyone preorder yet?
Thinking about doin it today

Have a great day
Randi

Linda Happy Birthday to your daughter:) Great workout!!!!!!!!!!! tough tough!

Hi Everyone!

I have a question for Randi and Linda.

Randi I read your post last night and checked out your pics and you look great! I can see the progress you've made. Just wondering what have you been doing? I was doing Cathe's 4DS then started the P90X+. Not too fond of it anymore. It's really hard for me to do all the push ups and Pull ups. I do what I can, and will continue to add it in with what I start doing.
Linda which rotation are you doing of Debbie's? Sorry I know you've posted but I haven't been keeping up with all of the posts, been really busy at work, and when I get home I w/o then eat, then whatever else needs to be done. Thanks in advance!

Hey Charlotte,
I'm still going to incorporate some of P90X+ especially the abs plus I just love those w/o's! I will plan on being able to do at least 8 pullups unassisted in 4 weeks. They are so hard for me and the push ups he does, my arthritis in my neck just kills me for days after. I've tried to use my lats while pulling up but I'm so weak in my upper body that it's really hard for me. Just being honest. I have been doing the w/o's every week though. I'm gonna take more pics this weekend, just to see if there are any improvements. I wish someone could help me figure out the picture trail on here and I would post some pics. Good luck with the job hunt!

Hello to everyone else, I've got to get back to work!!!

I started my workout thinking I was taking the granddaughters to school. My son in law called and said he could do it since it was a little icy and he was off early. I started my workout with Low Impact Step Cardio/Lower circuit no str, then I did 4Day Split High Intensity step cardio only. After my dd called I went back and did Michael Olajide's Killer abs and back ( I skipped the jump rope and jogged and hopped on my BOSU). I am going back in a lttle while to do P90X Upper Plus and core. I might add on some lower body work or save it till tomorrow. Breakfast was left over turkey eggplant soup from last night.

Charlotte, good luck with job hunting.

Randi, you look great. You can tell that you have been really working hard. I switch up to endurance work every once in awhile. Usually if I am trying to keep mass I do it for 2 to 3 weeks and go back to a heavier routine. That is what works best for me. Or I will do both in a one week period.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hi Sandy this is what i've been doing: I started off with 4ds in Oct/nov then 1 month of the hardcore series, now s&h. I still do the 30 min cardio like the 4ds has after my weight workout.

Diane Sue that's a great idea about putting in endurance 2 to 3 weeks. I have one more week of slow and heavy then I will probably do that. Thank you:)
Cardio is tonight
Off to work:(
Randi

Hi Randi,

It sure did work for you. How are you doing with your eating? I'm sure thats key too. If I could do away with the sodas and try to eat earlier in the evenings I would do good. I have been thinking of changing my hours at work so I could get up in the mornings and workout and not feel rushed. I've got all the dvd's except for the Hardcore, does anyone know what I could sub for those? I may just order them!

Thanks again!!!

I finally got P90X upper and core and abs + done. I added the stretch from Amy Bento's 10 minute solutions. I had so many interruptions this morning my dd called and then my dil called two times. I am had some more soup and a spinach lettuce salad with blueberries, onions and feta cheese. Raspberry vinegrette. Now I need to clean:)

Lora, I forgot to answer your question last night. I saw Kelly Coffeys new weight workouts she is doing but I did not Preorder. Haven't preordered Cathe's either.

Hi Diane Sue,

Speaking of Amy Bento, how do you like her 10 minute solution dvd? I have it, but haven't done it yet.

Have you ordered any of her latest ones? If so, do you like them?
I want to pre-order Cathe's STS, but gonna have to wait a while.

Thanks!

Sandy, I really like Amy's 10 minute solution. I have done all of it but mostly use the lower body and stretch segments. She has some good effective moves with the band. I just preordered her two new ones. I really do like Slo Mo a lot. It is probably my favorite. I have Hi Lo Dome and really like it. The hi/lo is fun and the dome workout is really good. I wish it were longer though. I have done it twice to get more workout out of it or added it on to another Total body. The dome workout is 25 minutes long by itself. I don't have a woody bag and use dumbbells which work fine for me. Step Challenge 2 is fun as well but I am still learning the choreography. I want STS too but the cost is up there.

Hi Sandy,

Oh lets see, I guess I've been doing Debbie's rotation for about a year now. At first I started with the ones that she posted on the Rotation forum using Cathe workouts, and I did them all! Some of them twice. Then I got tired of Cathe (she says as she ducks), so then I started doing rotations that Debbie has created which you do on your own, no dvd's. I am now on my third one of those, the first one was one body part a week and all straight sets, the second one was straight and supersets and is a four day split, the one I am doing now is full body three days a week and alternates straight and supersets. This is also the one that Debbie just did herself and is getting ready to do again. They are all heavy lifting and I love them. And I haven't missed Cathe (ducks again!), which is why I am not sure I will drop that kind of change to buy STS.

HTH

Linda

Diane Sue,

Thanks so much for the information! I think I will do Amy's tomorrow morning. I think I would really like Slo Mo. Thanks for giving me all the info on those. You amaze me on here too, with all that you do! I get a lot of inspiration from a lot of you ladies!
Thanks again.

Linda,

I didn't know that you have been doing Debbie's rotations for a year. I was checking them out on the rotation forum. I liked the one boby part a week rotation. She had sent me one of hers a while back and I can't find it. Sometimes following dvd's can get boring, I love variety and Debbie throws in a lot of it. Thanks for getting back with me on this. Just needed some new ideas.
Thanks!

Hope you both have a great weekend!!!

Diane Sue - Amy's filming a new 10 Minute Solutions in March. She posted on her Forum. I'm so glad her career has taken off all of a sudden. She deserves it. From what I know of her, she's a good person. She amazes me. I guess she just filmed a Kettlebell workout too...but it's not going to be released on her website....somewhere else though. Yes, Cathe's STS...put a MAJOR dent in my money.....but I HAVE to have Cathe!

Toasty - good luck with the job hunting. I know what you mean about working in fast food.......not very thrilling. Is there another kind of store in your area you could apply? I know............at LEAST I'm working. I didn't mean to sound ungrateful.......but I sure work my BUTT off for a measly $8 something an hour! It's ridiculous...I make slightly more than minimimu wage.

Great workouts everyone.

Hey Maniacs!!!

I DID 12 UNASSISTED PULLUPS TODAY...6 underhand and then 6 wipegrip chins without touching the floor with my feet. I am so proud of this accomplishment! I screamed out when I got done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt really strong today and so it just felt good!

Lora,

I applied at KFC..egads. Then I am applying at Dollar Store, etc. I will still need to finish applying tomorrow. I am gonna try to sell more on ebay for now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.