Hardcore Fitness Maniacs For Friday Feb 1

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Patrick Goudeau's Hard Work Conditioning. Workout was 67" and I burned 497 calories. This has some fun and unique moves in it. Straddle jacks in pushup position off the step. Squat thrusts with weights, standing and lying ab work with weight and a lot of balancing on one leg while doing a weight movement. It also has a move called the Turkish Get Up which is a very functional movement.

I can't believe it.....but yesterdays kickbox made my upper back and lats sore. I used my Amped bar and punched hard. Must do this more often.

Have a great day everyone. Weather is bad here this morning. We are having an ice storm. The ride to work will not be fun. So glad it's Friday!!!!!

Thank you guys for your support. Maybe starting Sat-Wed that will be my rest week. Then I will do circuit and endurance training for a couple weeks then go back to heavy, does that sound good?
Just did last night CM balanced core S&H legs and triceps.
Another question should I still take my powder supplement while I rest, it is for more strength, and endurance?
Debbie I know you take these rest, do you see better results when you do, and how often do you take them?
Thank you again
Randi

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Ice here. Talked to daughters boss said she is not going anywhere right now...be in later. Boss says roads are fine..how come I went outside and almost fell? Good for boss. Whatever.

Today is P90X Back/Biceps and Ab Ripper. For the longest time now, my weight has not seen 115. I have been 117-120. It would be nice to get to 125, if only ALL muscle.

Be careful for those out there in this mess!

Morning Maniacs,

Today was full body done in supersets. Two sets of 15 with a two minute rest.

Chest
Decline Press
15/15 - 37's(up 2# per dumbbell)
Back
Underhand Barbell Rows
15/15 70#(up 5#)

[b[Legs[/b]
Step ups
15/15 - 65#(up 5#, this will get your HR up)
Incline Lateral Raise (FD)
15/15 - 12's(did them wrong the first time, so no increase)

Triceps
Weighted Bench Dips
15/14 - 60#(up 5# and as you can see it did me in)
Calves
BB Calf Raises
15/15 - 100#(up 10#)

Then did PH abs.

Have a great day!

Linda

It is icey here today. Supposed to warm up and melt though. I took my granddaughters to school and left early. Did good till traffic stopped on the way home due to an accident:( Seemed like it took forever. I got up early and started my workout with Gliding Disc HiLo Intervals with Marcos Prolo then I did 4Day Split Double Cardio premix no w/up or str. I wam supposed to do P90X Legs and back so will go do that and some stretching here in a few minutes.

Randi, I don't know what to tell you on the powdered supplement. I only use protein powder and that is when I am to busy to cook or training heavy and long.

Charlotte, good luck with the muscle weight gain. I just never can seem to pack it on in the right places or something. It seems like when I gain I am eating more and I think it is mostly fat and water from the extra sodium that seems to get in there too. The whole process seems too complicated. I am ready to go back to eating like I normally do and forget the trying to pack on muscle with diet. Right now I am not happy with P90X+ because I have an increased appetite and do not feel like I am seeing results. I think I may be stronger just can't see visible results, you know what I mean? I have been doing this for 5 weeks now. Sorry, just frustrated.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hi guys!
I don't really post here as you all know but I wanted to chime in for Randi.... I do take my supplements during my break. What I do is first thing in the morning, I drink whey protein with L-Glutamine and L-Carnitine. It hasn't hurt me. I would keep going with what you've been doing on your workout days during your off break. I don't know what your diet is like but you're looking very good so I'd keep going. Body definitely need a break. If you feel the urge to work out again, I'd like to suggest you to work out 3x a week. NO WEIGHTS. Cardio, HIIT, etc but no weights. I can guarantee you will get better results after taking a few days off. Don't worry so much. I know it's scary, too but believe me, you'll be fine. :) Enjoy your break!

Where are Dally and Suz?? I miss seeing them posting here. Hope they both are ok. Anyway, have a great weekend and take care! :)

Lisa

This morning was full body. Had a great workout! This is what I did:

2 min. rest between each set

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Decline Flyes:
30's - 15/15
[font color=blue]***Could have gone heavier, but my shoulders weren't clicking with this weight so I stuck with it.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Underhand Barbell Rows:
60# - 15/15
[font color=blue]***These felt great. I concentrated on the contraction and squeezed each rep.[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS[/font]
Leg Extensions:
90# - 15/15
[font color=blue]***Could have gone heavier.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Lateral Raises:
15's - 15/15
[font color=blue]***Did this movement slowly. Really got a great burn.[/font]

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Skull Crushers:
50# - 15/15
[font color=blue]***Love this exercise. Felt awesome![/font]

[font color=indigo]CALVES[/font]
GS Leg
[font color=blue]***I'm sure I'll feel these tomorrow.[/font]

That is all.

Randi - I take one week off every 8 weeks and I believe it does a body good. You need to let your muscle recover once in a while. When we lift weights all the time our muscles are strained and torn from the workouts. A recovery is definitely necessary.

Linda - Excellent workout, girl! You are killing it with this rotation!!!

Won't be around much today or tomorrow. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Diane Sue,

I know just what you are trying to say. I feel the same exact way. It is really such a science. I watch American Gladiator and see the women on there..some just as tall as me too so I am thinking ectomorph body type and they weigh alot more which makes me wonder...roids? It seems like for me, if I gain weight, it is just like you said. I think it may be an extremely slow and long process to pack on even .05% muscle. I curl 85#...arms same in mass. My body wants to maintain. I want more. Dh has told me since I started P90X again, I have more back definition and noticed my arms more defined. So for me, it is increasing my strength and defining, but packing on mass? I am not seeing. Frustrated too, but yet we keep going.

Lisa,

Good to hear from you.

Ok starting tomorrow I'll take about 5 days off:) But I will continue eating clean.
Today I did Cardio fusion step only premix then 4DS LIS, HIS finished products

I finished up doing P90X legs and back then did Amy Bentos 10 min solution butt and thighs, total body, and stretch. So far today I grabbed a brownie that I made from Fitness RX called a fat blasting brownie:0 Not sure how fat fighting it was. I cut the sugar in half and used splenda and used 100% unsweetened dark chocolate. I made them for the grandchildren yesterday. Lunch was a salad with some mandarin oranges, feta sprinkles and fat free raspberry vinegrette. I am tying to cut down on the sodium today. I am not really much of a breakfast person. I try once in awhile though.

Charlotte, yes we just keep working at it. I would never quit trying. Maybe someday I will figure out the secret. I have been watching American gladiators too. I wonder if they do drug testing for that?

Lisa, I miss Dallys, Suz, and Anne. Wonder where they all went.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.