Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday Dec 7

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Tracey Staehle's Bootcamp Mix from the Parts Series. I skipped the 2nd set of abs and did the chest part instead since this premix misses the chest. Workout was 69" and I burned 327 calories.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I am gonna figure out what weight workout to do today. Like the total body rotation as I feel this helps me get stronger in chest area so I think I will take what I have learned from it and still apply it to my workouts. For now, I feel like I need to workout longer and my weight is yo-yoing too much so I wanna stick with something that is more then 1 hour long. So may check out my 4 Day Split and see which one I want to do. Variety is the spice of life.

Windy here this morning. Lazy..had a hard time getting up.

Will report stats or workout later.

Good morning everyone!

Last night I did cardio on the treadmill, for 30 minutes, 0 incline, walk/trot intervals 1:1. The first 20 minutes was gravy, the last 10 minutes were HARD! :D walk was level 3.6, trot was level 5

Good morning!

I posted late last night for anyone interested in some great reading.

This morning I came into work early and will leave early and do a weight workout. NO CARDIO. That is my promise.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Morning Maniacs,

Ugh! Today was leg day! My cold is still kicking my butt and I didn't get to sleep until after midnight, but I persevered and got it done!

Quads

Squats
15 - 85#
12/12/12 - 95#

Bulgarian Split Squats
10/10/10 - 70#
(I absolutely hate these, they are my least favorite) (My haeartrate also seems to take over on these)

Leg Extensions
10 - 52 1/2 #
12/12 - 55#

Hamstrings

BB Elevated SLDL
10/10/10 - 90#

Hamstring curls
12 - 37 1/2#
9 - 35#
8 - 35#
(don't understand why I have such a hard time with these)(dropped the weight for the second set and while getting into position DD, who's two, slipped plate back on! Guess she thinks mom needs to push harder!)

GS Calf

Had some PB's this workout! Pushed hard and felt like I wanted to throw up when I was done!

Well, I have to get back to the sewing, need to make angel wings!

Threw in some fonts for fun!

Linda

Suz, I think it is probably a hard time of year for most of us to stick to a rotation. I am trying to do 3 days a week of circuits and endurance weights this month. Next month I hope to get started on a P90X rotation but will probably add in more cardio. Just so many things going on.

Penney, good job on the treadmill:)

Charlotte, did you figure out what you were going to do with 4Day Split?

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - I wish I would have stuck with the P90X rotation. I could have at least done it for 2 months until my cycling training started up. And had I started it over this week it would have been perfect timing. I just don't know what's wrong with me. Last year I started in November and I had a great time with it. Oh well, I will just keep trying to add in weights on a more regular basis and hopefully get back to checking in more regularly to keep myself accountable. Otherwise it's just cardio, cardio, cardio. :) Great for cycling and my heart but not so great for my bones. And I'm not getting any younger. I don't want to end up with a broken hip!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Nice workouts everyone! I got a busy day today so won't be on much.

This morning I did another full body workout with supersets. I'm taking Sunday off this week! Yay!!!

2 min. rest between each set

[font color=green]SS #1[/font]
[font color=indigo]CHEST/BACK[/font]
Decline Press:
37's - 15/15 (up 2#)
superset w/
Underhand Barbell Rows:
60# - 15/15 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***Good superset, I liked the way this one felt.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #2[/font]
[font color=indigo]LEGS/SHOULDERS[/font]
Step Ups:
65# - 15/15 (up 5#)
superset w/
Incline Lateral Raise:
13's - 15/15 (up 1#)
[font color=blue]***I know 1# increase for the lateral raises isn't much and honestly, it didn't feel any different then the 12's I did last week. Probably should have went with 14# but this exercise almost put me in a bad type of soreness last week.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #3[/font]
[font color=indigo]TRICEPS/CALVES[/font]
Weighted Bench Dips:
65# - 15/15 (up 5#)
superset w/
Barbell Calf Raises:
110# - 15/15 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***Dips were REALLY hard. I felt them big time this morning for some odd reason. Love that exercise. [/font]

My dh and I are going to my company Christmas party this evening. Not too excited about the restaurant my boss picked. The food looks gross to me. Kind of high end and expensive. Hope it's good.

Have a great day everyone! :)

Morning Maniacs! Did 30 min. walking/incline intervals on the treadmill and will do Xstretch later today. I've been so sore this week that I looking forward to 1 hr. of stretching. LOL!

****Suz***- I went through a real long spell of not doing weights much and I finally decided to do the P90X lean roatation. It's not as daunting as the Classic on the weights and that has made it much easier to do it. Join me (whiney voice)!! I'll only be a week ahead of you. I'm adding in extra cardio and one more day of legs. It's perfect for you! Tomorrow will be your start day with Synergistics. Then you'll be right on schedule with me.}(

***Diane Sue***- That is funny about your dog training you to go outside with her. Mine has trained me to give her a treat everytime the door opens, even if she or we don't go in or out. LOL!

***Debbie***- I hope you find something good to eat tonight. Have fun! Great workout too!

***Char***- Try the fullbody on 4DS. It's like 90 min.:)

***Penney***- Looks like we both did 30 min. on the treadmill this morning.:)

***Linda***- Great workout! Deb and I feel the same way about Bulgarian Split Squats! They are killer, but they work so good. Have fun sewing the angel wings.:)

***Lora***- I bet you are happy it's Friday!:)

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did Low Intensity and Shoulders, no abs. I was running short on time. The good thing is that I'm doing something rather than nothing. This is a new start for me and I'm enjoying it and the anticipation of seeing how I increase what I'm doing now.

I'm really enjoying the 4DS. The Low Intensitiy was low but had my heart rate up! Loved it! I think the kickboxing is my favorite one of all!

We're going to a my company Christmas Party tonight! I'll eat right, I don't want to ruin all the hard work I've put in, and for me it's been hard!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

I finished my workout and ran out the door to get some yarn. I wanted to hit Michael's earlier in the day before the crowds are out. The rest of my workout after KickBox was 1 1/4 miles on the treadmill to warm back up, then Jari Love's Ripped and Chiseled. I finished off with Flexible Warrior Athletic Yoga energy and swim segments. I used the music off button and listened to Christmas music while doing it LOL I was reading in Oxygen that quinoa is good for migraines. I think I need to eat it more. When I did P90X before I ate it because it was in the menus:) I think I am getting my eating back on track!!

Post workout meal was the Oxygen Lentil, cranberry, and pecan salad
snack #1 was some baby carrots
lunch was a spinach salad with blueberries, walnuts, and feta cheese with Kraft Organic Raspberry vinegrette (this dressing is very low sodium)
I have quinoa cooked to make the Quinoa black bean salad and chicken thawed and ready to marinate for January Oxygen's Aisian BBQ chicken

Suz, you don't have to do p90x as is. You could just do it as you have time or do some of the exercises. Maybe then after awhile you will feel motivated to do more:)

Sandy, good luck at the Christmas party. You are taking the right steps. We went to a Christmas dinner party last night. I had iced tea and when we left stopped and got a grilled chicken salad from Macdonalds and added salsa to it.

Dallys, these dogs are always pulling something. They start ringing the bell to go outside when it is around bed time. The do it over and over and keep looking at me because they want to go to bed and get their treat LOL

Hey Maniacs!!!

I just did Butts and Guts today. I did 80# for deadlifts and 80# for squats. Stuck with 5# db's like Cathe on lunges, etc. and ab work. Used 5# ankle weights for floor work..burned like a mutha. This has ALWAYS been a hard workout for my bootae...I always dread it, but know I need to do it once in awhile. I cussed alot, but I survived.

Linda,

I also have a very hard time with hamstring curls. I can go as high as 140 for deadlifts, but the curls I am about 40-45# for them. Not sure why either. Heart rate always high too on bulgarian split squats...probably highest it can go. lol

MY EATS SO FAR:

Meal 1: Kelloggs High Protein Cereal
Meal 2: Protein Bar
Meal 3: Tuna Fish Kit, Spinach, sweet potatoe, apple with 1 tlbp natural pb.
Meal 4: Protein Shake
Meal 5: Pizza and salad

Thanks Char, I was feeling pretty down about the hamstring curls. Couldn't understand why I could do deadlifts pretty easily at 90# then only do 35# for hamstring curls. I guess I have to remember that even if 35# is low, it better than where I started which was 25#.

The arm curls you did yesterday where awesome. I also checked out your picture trail. All your hard work shows!

Linda

Linda, I remember reading somewhere that generally leg curls will be at about half the weight of leg extensions. I used to worry that there would be muscle embalances. Generally I can do deadlifts at 95# and my heaviest leg curls are 50#. Well leg extensions can go up to 200#. This is the resistance on my Bowflex which is less than actual weight. Leg curls are tough for me. If I go to heavy I feel it in my back.

I finished up Xstretch and then hit the hot tub. It's raining and that makes it nice.:)

Eats today:
Oatmeal/banana nut bread PP/banana/ff milk
Oatmeal/banana nut bread PP/bannana/ff milk
Tuna on whole wheat/2 tangerines
Homemade veggie pizza AGAIN!
Plus 6 herseys kisses throughout the day.:p

Diane Sue- Yep, dogs are smart and know how to work us.:)

Char- Great going on Butts and Guts!

Sandy- Good luck on the eats tonight.:)

Linda- The leg curl attachment is the one thing I need. I have just about everything else crammed in my workout room. I actually have a great big huge gigantic one, but it won't fit. LOL! It's out in the garage in peices. It was part of my Monster weight station I have.

Gotta run... Pizza is done!:9

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Okay you guys. I'm hopeless! I went in at 7 and planned to leave at 1:30 or 2. That didn't happen. DH informed me that our vacation starts NEXT Wednesday until the first of the year. For some reason I thought I had another week. So I started to panic and stayed later. And we have this snowstorm going on and we have 2 classes tomorrow. We cancelled one since the instructor has to drive from out of town and we are on hold about the other one in case they close the college. I'll get a 6am call if they do and I'll start calling studetns about 7. I don't think they will but the town is like an ice skating rink. It's soooooo slick out. Even our subdivision which is dirt and is usually wonderful b/c it's all snowpacked was as slippery as it gets. I didn't leave work until 3 and then I had to go to Wal-Mart and didn't get home until almost 5:30!

My stepmom is not doing well and is not expected to live more than a couple of days. It's been SUCH a long road with her. My dad is really, really down. I've never heard him like that. She is his entire life. I think they just had their 35th anniversary this month. I worry about him b/c he has talked about shooting himself if he ever becomes a burden. He doesn't want us to go out to visit b/c he's not going to have a funeral or anything. We're trying to get him to come here and he said he might but he needs some time with himself first. :(

Suz

Dallys, you mean that pizza isn't gone yet? LOL I think a veggie pizza has to be pretty healthy.

Suz, so sorry about your Dad's wife. I bet your Dad is very sad. I doubt he would really do anything, but hopefully you can encourage him out. Sounds like you have a lot going on right now. Maybe you just need to relax and lower your workouts for awhile till you are up for it. The weights will come when you don't have so many things to deal with.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.