Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday Aug 22

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did SWAT Strength, Iron Core Kettlebell Express & 10 Minute Trainer Abs. Workout 65 minutes and I burned 481 calories.

Deb - did you get my Avon order PM? Is it okay if I paypal for this one? I have a good reason for asking.

Sorry I've been brief and missing here and there lately. Have a LOT of turmoil going on in my personal life at the moment.

Morning Maniacs! Getting ready to hit the streets for my usual 35 min. bike ride and then it's Slim Series Tear it Up after work. Should all be fun!

Lora- Sorry you're having personal issues. Hope it all works out for the best.

Char-I can't really see you working out most delicately, :p.

Later...

ps. Rob is still here and doing well. He landed on Carma yesterday! She just looked at me like, WTF?

Morning,

TGIF………………..Dam!

First, need to start by saying No B&G lasts night, went for an 1 hour and 45 minute walk instead. ;)

This morning, I overslept, must been from the hot sun I slept like a baby:p only woke once. When the alarm clock went off at 4:20 hit the snooze button and back in the bed, woke up at 5:30 which is late for me, had me coffee and decided to do 4DS back and biceps. I didn’t write down, I didn’t I know Cathe was not using the same format. Instead if went back biceps…back biceps I liked it! I’ll try to remember, not 100% but these are the exercises I did! Also did Abs MIS/S&H planks, 1,2 and 3

Back Superman’s
BD One Arm Row (warm up set)
15's
DB One Arm Row
20’s
Pyramid Biceps Traditional Curls
10/15/15/20
DB One Arm Row
20’s
Biceps Hammer curl w/twist
15's
BB Back: Underhand Row (2 sets of 7)
45’s
BB Biceps Crazy 8’s
DB Back: Incline Pullovers
20’s
Biceps Reverse Curls
10’s
Biceps In & Outs
2x15 (instead of concentration curls)
Back T-Band Flyes
( I used 5 lb DB instead of band)
Biceps Wrist Curls
10’s

I think I got it right, maybe not in that order, next time I will write it down cuz I really enjoyed this workout, bbl:D

Last edited:
Well, it's my first day back with my workouts. The rest week flew by, I just can't believe how fast time goes by.

Either tomorrow or Monday I'm starting a 3 month rotation I got out of the men's M&F magazine. It's a very intense program. It lays out the weight training, cardio and how you should eat. I'll follow most of it, but by month 3 they have you doing 6 days of cardio that is 45 minutes each session. I don't think so. Talk about overkill. So my cardio will remain 2 days a week and if I have time in the evenings I may try to get in a few half hour session.

Anyways, today I did a Cardio Coach mix I made up. It's so humid here that I got nauseated after the first challenge. I almost quit but decided to do the entire workout. It only has 2 challenges in it, but both are intense. I did well with them and I'm glad I continued on.

Cardio stats:
42 minutes
34 minutes in zone
283 calories burned

Had no problem getting my HR up. LOL!

Lora - I pm'd you back yesterday or the day before, I can't remember. Did you get it?

Debbie,

That rotation sounds like something I would be interested in...shoot it to me when you get a chance, will ya? I agree...that much cardio would definitely be overkill for my ecto body fa sure!!! I will be like the stick man instead. LMAO!

Bionics,

Really like hearing about how Rob is doing...you always have things to say that just brighten up the day..not that my day is gloomy or anything..just saying.

Debbie: LOL:D where did August go to, the days and months are flying by so fasts, can’t hardly believe one week remaining before September. BTW, nice work for your come back;)

Dallys Enjoy your bike ride:D

Toasty: How are you feeling?

Afternoon,
Did Drill Max premix (39 min) Could barely get through it today. My TOM is AWFUL this time. Is it normal for it to be heavy? I just turned 30 in May and since I turned 30, it's been a pain in ass. No energy and downright CRANKY and tired. :mad: Never had this before.

Talk to you hardcore chicks tomorrow before I say something stupid and y'all will throw 30 lbs dumbbells at me. LOL :eek: Take care! :)

Workout is done:D This morning I did Low Impact Circuit cardio lower premix no stretch, then did Low Max premix combos 4-7. I then did Kick Max leg drills with my Jolie shoe weights on. I went on to do Circuit Zone legs "yowza" section 6 and legs balance segment 7 and the foam roller segment. Burned 840 calories and 50% fat doing this. When I was done with taking my granddaughter to school and feeding the baby I did Turbo Jam Booty Sculpt+abs and burned 201 calories and 60% fat:D Total calories burned was 1041. Funny how this lighter stuff makes me sore quicker than the heavy stuff:D

Hey Maniacs! Taking a short from work here.

Char- You brighten my day with funny crazy stories too! We must both be the loons on our streets!:cool:

Lisa- You can't say anything stupid on this check-in, cuz we've already said all the stupid stuff. Plus, I don't know if I could hurl a 30 lber very far.:eek:

Teddy- Thanks! Bike ride was fun.:D

Diane Sue- I've been major sore from all this light lifting I've been doing, might be from all the isolation of the small muscles.

Dang! Back to work.......At least it's Friday.

Hi Peeps!

Dallys.. I love the Rob stories too. DH has a pet spider that he catches flys and mosquitos for..sometimes his web disappears and we find it on a different part of our deck a few days later. But, I swear he waits for DH to feed him. Personally...I would smush him if I wasn't a wuss. We feed the squirrels too, so much so that they fight each other..it drives our dogs mad and is pretty hysterical to watch. i should take a movie of that sometime.

Char Diane Sue...my first car was a lime green chevette (with no floor board.) LOL purple is my fav color too.

Today I tried to do Love's ripped to the core without the leg work...didn't work out so well so I put it a core max (2). I hate this foot thing but I will be better soon.

Ally, love all of Amy's stuff have you tried any of her step?

Lora my thoughts are with you, sucks to be in that position and trust issues can wear one down soo much.

Teddy girl...WTH? walk instead of butts and guts...are you feeling ok???

Ok...BBL if I can.
Amber

Amber-Your DH sounds like mine. My dh gets mad if I squish a spider. He delicately picks them up and puts them outside. Cute yours is catching bugs for it.:)

Back to the grind stone...

Last edited:
Lisa, I turned 30 in march, so just a couple months ahead of you...grrrrr....I'm not pleased, but haven't noticed any changes. Maybe eventually my turbo metabolism will slow down, though...

ecto....is that the body type that has a hard time putting on muscle? if so that would be me as well. It annoys me too cuz I have some fun cardio workouts right now but I don't feel like I ought to do much cardio.

haven't worked out yet, but today is cardio and abs, hopefully some yoga too. Need to go to the dmv to get my new driver's license with my maiden name on it.

What y'all up too:D

I'm counting the seconds down; they can't squeeze another ounces of work out me... NO..NO....NO.... I"M NOT GONNA DO IT:mad:

Amber: Yeah, I couldn't resist Eeek:eek:

Tonight, I have my client, I'm going to pick him up in a few and we're heading back here! After his dad pick him up @ 8pm I'd looooooovve to hit Bedford track for an hour walk;) Well y'all have a great evening

Last edited:
Hermia- Ecto is a hard gainer. Some people can gain muscles but it takes a couple of years of HARD work. Luckily I'm a mix of meso-endo. I personally don't think 98% of the population is a true endo, ecto or meso. I think 98% are a mix. Surprisingly my metabolism is revving up pretty well especially after I turned 30 but it's other things that drives me insane like I'm HOT and sweating all the time no matter how cold the weather is. WTH?

Dallys- Trust me, I can be reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal sarcastic and say a bunch of crap. If I'm in the mood, I can put a shipful of sailors to shame. LOL Got that from my mother but with my mother she's like that all the time pretty much. LOL :rolleyes: I still can't believe Rob is still around. Looks like you have a new baby for the winter. :D I don't kill all spiders. Only the ones that look like they're gonna angrily attack. My family (Italians) believe the white glass spiders mean it'll bring you luck if you see one so they treat it with an utmost respect. It's those wolf spiders I can't stand. Nasty things. Linda will know what I'm talking about. I don't kill them. I just flick them across the road.

Lisa- Lol! I just deleted all I said about my bad day, thinking how stupid (there's that word again) I get sometimes.:rolleyes: Yeah, I can talk like a sailor too and I LIKE IT @#*$!

Off to do Tear it UP and I'm gonna tear it up!:p

Hey Maniacs!!!

Finished everything today..feel like a CHAMP!!! lol

My workout:

CHEST

pushups 3 sets/12 (really struggled here, but was tired from cleaning too and from all the rest so I need to really improve and gain my strength back

DB Flyes 35# db's 3/8 (wow..again...really felt the difference from a long rest period..these I struggled with and I was doing 40's before..damn):mad:

Bench...I don't want to discuss...sad..really really sad for me here....65# pounds 3/8 and struggled!!!!!!!!! WTH????? I went light cuz I didn't want to struggle, but I still did!!! OMG!

BACK

Lat Pulldowns 70# 3/8 (these felt light to me which is what I wanted cuz I am trying to stay with low amount of weights to be careful..glad I didn't go into this feeling like I was struggling like bench) lol.

One Arm Rows 35# db's 3/8

Didn't do pullups as I don't want to overdo it right now

Did Coremax 2 afterwards..neck feeling alittle pinchy, but not too bad.

Teddygirl,

Not feeling too bad at all..trying to be careful. Hubby is starting to feel alittle bad though from his radiation treatment..should be feeling better by Sunday though since his body will have time to recover from it.

Bionics,

Oh, aren't you sweet! We do seem to find some interesting stories to tell. I am going biking tomorrow so I might see the town drunk or town trashpicker or someone else new to discuss. lol

Hermia,

I dunno..always thought you were ecto if you go very heavy with weights and don't have much to show for! lol. You kinda have to eat a ton more of protein and be psycho with weights just for a millimeter of growth. Just always seems like it is harder to put on muscle, but it can be done, nonetheless.

BTW, it seems like some of us have had some crazy looking cars at some point.

All of this body type talk. I always read those things and think I am this or that. I think I am a confused mish mosh :confused:

Dallys, well whatever it is it is working something differently LOL I think I need some change.

Amber, remember the lime green too. LOL DH was teasing me when he bought me my Escape telling me on the phone that it was lime green. It is green but not lime.

Charlotte, nice workout. Sounds like you are getting back into it:) Hope your hubby gets to feeling better.

Hermia, I turn 56 this month:0 I still have a pretty good metabolism. Maybe some other things are starting to go but I have my strength and flexibility. Not slowing yet:D

I just got an e mail from Amy Bento's site. Seems that Rumble and Step Challenge 3 is being shipped:D Now If Cathe would just ship:D

Just finished my workout. I did the first half of Tracey's HISM 2, then the abs from Amy's hi/lo knockout, then twenty minutes from 10Min Yoga Solution.

Diane, I got my notice from Amy too! yay, new workouts! I assume Tracey's new ones must be on the way soon, too, but I haven't been to her site for a couple days. Well, I wouldnt mind if my metabolism slowed down a tad so I wouldn't have to eat right before I go to bed and still sometimes wake up at six a.m. hungry, and so I could gain a couple pounds, but I do hope things keep chugging along pretty good for many years. I wouldn't mind being a bit stronger but that seems tough...I'm in shape, but not strong, relatively speaking. I don't lift as heavy as you ladies, not at all. I wouldn't mind lifting a bit heavier, but it's hard for me to imagine doing so, and I'm not sure if my body would handle it well, cuz I'm very small boned...although now that I think of it, I think some of ya'll are too. Oh well...I guess the thing is to just keep doin what I do and try to improve within the bounds my body sets for me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.