Hardcore Fitness Maniacs - Friday 7-30

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs - Day shift today....up at 4:30 ...brutal as usual. I did Self's Bikini Body with Ellen Barrett and then the Total Body Segment from Michelle Dozois' Weight Watchers vid the Next Move (love that one! I ended with my own stretch. Workout was 70" and I burned 470 calories. Max HR was 130. I started ...to spasm back up at work yesterday! That place is something else! I'm stressed cuz the entire month of August, my schedule sucks....working 11-8, 12-8 or 10:30 to 7:30 all month. yuck The store has been dead....weather has been beautiful!

Have great workouts everyone. Can't believe it's almost August already! I still have not even started to enjoy the nice weather!

Lora-nice work this morning. Random question: Do you get more business during the day or evening? It would seem like more people would come in the evenings, but maybe that is just because that is when I shop?

Yesterday I did Turbo Fire core and part of the stretch. I did not have the attention span for a 40 min stretch, so I did 1/2 and I will get to the other half sometime this week. I have kb's on the wo plan today, but I may do that tomorrow.......I am not sure yet. Have a great day maniacs, I will try to get back here later

Oh, Diane Sue-thanks for the response on the advanced set. I may wait and get that later since there are soooooo many dvd's comin out right now :)

Today was the last workout from Meso 2. Disc 24, Back & Biceps. Can't believe week 4 is over. I'm on a recovery week now until Aug. 9th. My body needs it so I'm looking forward to the break.

This one was another drop set workout. With each drop set there was only a 10 second rest between each set. Burned like a mother!

Warmup:
Lat Pulldowns w/Band
T-Pull w/Band
Y's w/Band
***Used the green band and did 12 reps of each.

Workout:
Overhand Pullups
Medium Grip Chinups
Chinups
***Used my bands for this and did 12 reps each exercise.

Pullovers - 35#/10 reps
Pullovers - 30#/10 reps
Pullovers - 25#/10 reps
***Drop Set and it burned.

One-Arm Horizontal Row - 35#/10 reps
One-Arm Horizontal Row - 30#/10 reps
One-Arm Horizontal Row - 25#/10 reps

Barbell Deadlifts - 65#/12 reps
Barbell Deadlifts - 65#/10 reps
Barbell Deadlifts - 65#/12 reps
***This was not a drop set. 1 minute rest between each set.

Barbell Curl - 55#/10 reps
Barbell Curl - 50#/10 reps
Barbell Curl - 45#/8 reps (to failure)
***Ok, Cathe and crew went to 20 reps on this. If you start with 80# of your 1RM there is no way you should be able to hit 20 reps with the 3rd set. I barely squeeked out 8 reps.

Incline Double-Arm Curls w/Twist - 25's/10 reps
Incline Double-Arm Curls w/Twist - 20's/10 reps
Incline Double-Arm Curls w/Twist - 15's/12 reps (To failure)
***First two sets were very tough, probably should have started with 22's.

Seated Concentration Curls - 25#/10 reps
Seated Concentration Curls - 22#/10 reps
Seated Concentration Curls - 20#/10 reps
***Perfect weights for this one. Bi's were fried!

Hope you all have a great Friday! It's beautiful here today! Going to my cousins to get my hair trimmed. Should be an excellent motorcycle ride!

Good morning -

Lora - Shocks me how fast the summer's going by, too :confused: Those are kind of odd hours. I'd probably like them better than the super early one's though. Do you like the earlier shift better? Good workout, today - hope it helped. Wish you'd been able to enjoy the effects of the massage a little longer (as you do too, no doubt). Hope you have a good day :)

Theresa - Another Turbo Fire convert :) How are you liking it? I'm not sure what I'm doing today either. I have my workout's scheduled, but have been flipping them around more often lately. Part of it is that my feet still aren't 100% - sometimes they feel good ... but then I get little ... pangs. They're sort of cranky lately. Have fun with whatever you decide. You've been getting some good one's in :D

Debbie - Great workout and WOO HOO on the motorcycle ride :) I noticed that (high reps on some of the last sets, too). Made me wonder if they'd been conservative on their initial weight selection. If I had gotten that many reps on the last set, I'd have gone back and done it over. Surely you'd notice on the first set that the weight wasn't right (too light)? Wonder if filming factored into weight choice? Anyway - who knows. Love the drop sets, though.

Yesterday I had a great, short interval workout on my bike (yeow!!! :eek: ). Followed that with 4 rounds of abs using tabata protocol and different exercises. Since I've been doing more interval training with my gym boss, I've gotten in a lot more ab work. Partly cuz they're good to stick in every now and then after a tough series for active recovery. That's an interesting (and good) occurence, huh? Also did Powerstrike. Today, (like Theresa) I'm not sure. I have my schedule - but - lately, at least on some days, I'm just trying to keep with the flow. So whatever workout sounds best to me (within limits) - I go with that. My weight work is pretty 'set,' - what I'm going to be focusing on - but the when and how has waffled around a bit. Still getting it done, so I guess I'll be ok with this for now.

HI to everyone else. Hope you're having a good day.

Lori

Just received Turbo Fire today, I am an Insanity grad so I hope I like this too, I also did not purchase the extra dvds but am thinking I should have, those of you that have TF what do you think?

Today was STS disc 23 legs.

Workout was Turbo Fire 30 233 calories 32 minutes Max HR 165. I then did used two dvd players and did Cardio and Weights Premix Compound and Heavy upper weights premix skipping the warm up and alternated the bodyparts with Body Max 2 upper body. So it started with Cardio and Weights shoulders then Body Max 2 shoulders etc. . I just used the Mix and Match menu on Body Max 2 and paused the segments on C&W. I finished off with C&W abs and the BM2 abs 55 minutes 267 calories , then I did Turbo Fire Abs 10 11 min 33 caloriies. I went back and did the bonus cardio and stretch from Body Max 2 12 min 62 calories and finished with Turbo Fire Stretch 10. Workout was 2 hr 2 min and calories burned was 622.

Diane Sue,

When you do TF, as I noticed your post, you add your own strength training because it is all cardio right? How often do you add strength in with this program? Does she have any strength training with weights? I am so used to incorporating that into my programs. Any rotations you do could you post them, or combos of dvds you like to use with this? SOrry i asked so much just new to TF, anyone else who has any suggestions for me would be welcome

Roselyn, Chalene does have Chalene Extreme. I do not have it but there is a rotation in the book you will get with Turbo Fire that is a Chalene Extreme/Turbo Fire Hybrid Rotation. Also she does have a bonus workout in the basic set from Chalene Extreme called Burn Circuits 1 which is an all weight circuit. You will also have the tubing workouts with the basic set and if you got the Advanced set it has an upper tubing workout and a lower band workout. I like to use weights. Burn Circuits is pretty good to fit in a total body workout a couple of days a week. I am expecting Kelly Coffey's new weight workouts so am planning on incorporating them with the Turbo Fires.
The two weeks I did Pyramid Lower up on Mon and Pyramid Upper Up on Wednesday with the Turbo Fire Sculpt workout on Mon and theTurbo Fire Tone on Wed because I wanted to try out the tubing workouts. I fit in the abs on the Hiit days and did the weights with Fire EZ and Fire. I hope I am making sense. This week I did 4 Day Split Lower on Mon with TF Fire 30 and TF Hiit 20 on Tues with 4 Day Split upper. Wed I did Fire 45 with TF stretch 40 Thursday was a non TF day. I did Muscle Max Lower and Butts & Guts Floor work
Today was TF Fire 30 and upper again but it required two dvd players as I combined upper from C&W with Body Max 2 along with the abs and abs from TF. Tomorrow I will do Turbo Fire E 55 and Str 40
Anyway that is a run down of the weights I have done along with the Turbo Fires. There is a 5 day plan you can start with and I added weights with them too which included checking out Burn Circuit 1 and the Sculpt and Tone workouts. Also my workouts are long so there was some heavy bag and other cardio added in there and some added yoga and flexibility stuff:) I have only been using these for 3 weeks now so have not made a set rotation. Just planning on hitting weights for each body part twice a week and then the Turbo Fires along with plenty of stretching and yoga.

Thanks for the info, Diane Sue, I don't have the extra 5 dvds I thought I would see how this goes, but I see how I can incorporate my strength training. Have you tried the Shakeology or do you substitute in the 5 day plan? I know you were following that pretty well.

Another question to anyone and then I will stop gabbing for the day, where is the best place to order Kelly's new dvds?Her website or is there another site that anyone thinks is better, let me know thanks

Last edited:
Roselyn, I did not use the Shakeology. I thought about it but when I saw the cost and read what it is supposed to be, I just stuck with whey protein. Usually I drank a shake after my morning workout and skipped whichever snack it was supposed to be or used it for the meal it was supposed to replace. Recently I have been mixing vanilla whey with 1/4 cup of orange juice, ice and water for my post workout shake.
I have ordered Kelly Coffey's workouts at www.advancedworkouts.com before but, I checked and the new ones are the same price as Kelly is selling them for.

Last edited:
omg...I don't know what it is with this new computer. It's just touchy I guess, but I've lost two posts now and I don't even know what I pressed to make that happen. Anyway, before I lose this one, today's workout was yoga class (the weekly interval training one) and yesterday was LIC minus the third cardio.

great workouts everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.