Hardcore Fitness Maniacs - Friday 4-2

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Shape Get Lean - Weight Segment & Metabolic Circuit (cardio/wts). I did part of the abs and added a stretch. Workout was 60" and I burned 388 calories. It's gonna be gorgeous today. The only reason I hate when it gets nice outside is cuz work is dead and I stress about my numbers. Have great days everyone.

Deb - I've tried EVERY pillow also, buckwheat, cervical, rolls, no pillow, rolled towel, water pillow, etc. The arc4life pillow is the only one that I've found that is decent! It's worth checking out.

Well, woke up in the same pain I did yesterday so no workout again. Looks like I'll be resting until Monday if this keeps up. :mad:

I'm going to check out pillows and the link Lora sent. I feel like I need to scrap this rotation and just start over with it when I'm better. Makes me so mad.

Hope you all have a great day! It is so beautiful here. In the 80's again. Rode my motorcycle yesterday and it didn't bother my neck so I'm hoping to get some riding in today as well. :)

Lora-nice workout :) Hope you have a great day
Debbie-I hope you get some relief soon. :(

No workout yesterday, as I had to take an "unscheduled" rest day. I got stuck at the doctor's office WAY later than I expected and had church @ 7. I really didn't want to get all sweaty and have to scramble to get there. I was SUPER pissed yesterday, but I let it go and will just move on. Today will be triceps/biceps and 30 cardio, tomorrow Meso 1 legs. Next week is circuit week, so I get a break from straight cardio :)

Have a Good Friday and a blessed Easter Weekend.

Theresa

Some kind of kickboxing today. No jumping. An older Tae Bo, probably. Yoga tonight. (I've had knots in my butt :eek: , maybe from my bike seat (?) - not sure ).

Theresa - I don't like "unscheduled" rest days either. They kind of get imposed upon you :mad: . Hope you have a GREAT workout today!

Debbie - Dang. I was really hoping you'd be much better today. I think the pillow is a good idea. I have a herniated disk in my neck (accident when I was a baby) that used to bother me a lot more than it does now. Lately it's just sort of uncomfortable - not pain - and not every day. The one thing I change was my pillow. I'm glad you have a beautiful day and your motorcycle, though. Have a great day.

Lora - Another good workout! What a bummer that beautiful weather messes with your sales :confused: For that, wish I could trade days with you. It's cold, windy and rainy here. What the heck :( ??!!! That's ok, though. We've had a lot more nice days lately and like you, I'll be inside working most of today anyway.

Linda - I hope your shoulder's feeling better today.

BTW - Anyone familiar with or have an opinion about Steve Cotter? I've been looking up kettlebell "stuff" on youtube - just form for basic exercises (over and over). I linked to his site and watched some clips from his Encyclopedia of Bodyweight Exercises (hmmmmm :rolleyes: ). This is a new area for me. Just curious if any of you have heard about him or use any of his stuff.

Lori-I have seen stuff about him but not enough to give you an honest opinion. One place you could check would be amazon; If he makes DVD's that they sell, the reviewers are pretty spot on w/ ratings. It is cold and wet here too :( Oh well.....

I finished today's workout before any distractions got me: STS Meso 2 biceps and triceps (I did a superset format to minimize rests) and finished w/ MMA kickbox. I did not wear a HR monitor today b/c I am feeling VERY lazy.

BBL
THERESA

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:56 am Post subject: Check in April 2,2010 FRIDAY I am doing a quick check in. We got in at around 12:30 and I didn't get to bed till 3:30 this morning. Couldn't sleep. I discovered before I went to bed that there was no hot water
icon_eek.gif
The service guy came out and hopefully we have no more problems or we may need to spend a lot more money. It really stormed here this morning.

We had a fun trip
icon_biggrin.gif
I did do a couple of workouts. Friday morning I did Cathe's HiiT 40/20 before we left. Saturday was a rest day. Sunday I did Travel Fit. Monday I did One on One Patience is a Hummingbird yoga, Tuesday was a rest day. Wednesday I did Travel Fit and 20 minutes of Patience is a Hummingbird. Yesterday was a rest day. Looks like I have catching up to do in awhile
icon_biggrin.gif
DH and I are headed out to the store.

Theresa - Thanks for the tip. I'll check Amazon. Really like your superset format idea, btw - great workout.

Diane Sue - Welcome BACK! No hot water? :eek: What a thing to come home to. Glad you had a good time.

Finished my workout. Total Body Fat Blaster (Tae Bo). Weird. He has two vids with this name. This one's purple :confused: . I think the other one belongs to a Bootcamp Series. It's an ok workout. I wore 1 1/2 lb handweights. Not too intense but fun (like to practice kicking :D ). I also practiced some Turkish Get-Ups. Very carefully - just 5 each side with light weight (12 lbs). Tonight, yoga. The second evening workout's been helpful. I have an extra project for work I've been getting to after ds goes to bed. Kind of helps unfog my brain.

Really quick check in as I am on the move and in between events. Went to the doctor this morning, he does not think that my rotator cuff is torn and didn't feel any grinding. So he has put me on Celebrex for the next nine days and has ordered an xray, so we shall see.

This morning I did another band circuit workout skipping back & shoulders completely due to the shoulder and I did chest presses on the floor so the shoulder was pretty much kept out of the exercise.

Lori-good workout yourself. :)
Diane Sue-I'm glad you had a good trip, but it always seems like vacations make something at the house go wrong.
Linda-glad it's not torn, that is good news. I hope the Celebrex helps.

Theresa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.