HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS FRI. SEPT 3

LAST STS WORKOUT FOR THIS ROTATION!

Wow did it go fast. Today was Meso 3, Week 4, Disc 36, Shoulder, Biceps and Triceps. Did not feel like working out AT ALL. Not sure what is up with that? I just feel so tired in the mornings. Maybe it's because I'm still recovering from vacation?

Anyway, had a great workout none-the-less.

About 30 second rest between each exercise. Sometimes 1 minute.

Did 4 sets of each exercise.

Warmup:
Standing Barbell Front Press - 25#/15 reps
Standing Barbell Front Press - 30#/12 reps

Workout:
Standing Barbell Front Press - 50#/8 reps
Barbell Curl - 57#/8 reps
Flat Bench Tricep DB Extensions - 22's/8 reps

Seated Lateral Raise - 12.5#/8 reps
Incline Curls on Stability Ball - 23's/8 reps
Double-Arm Seated Overhead Extension - 32#/8 reps

Seated Rear Delt Flyes - 16's/8 reps
Seated Concentration Curls - 27#/8 reps
Close Grip Barbell Press - 65#/8 reps
***27# seems to be my limit with concentration curls without my wrist dislocating. It almost did towards the end but luckily I could keep it straight.

Have a great day everyone! Got a busy day of doing some errands.

Last edited:
Theresa Harton > Hardcore Fitness Maniacs So I borrowed a TRX/KBv circuit from totallyzenworkouts.com/trx-kettlebell-cardio-workout. I modified a touch. w/u hand to hand swings 30x and trx back stretch
1:10 swings/trx chest press
2:10 clean per arm/trx row
3:10 snatches per arm/pistols
4:10 swings/trx roll outs
5:10 cleans per arm/trx lunge flyes
6/8/10: 5 each swings, squats, clean, and snatches
7:trx lateral lunge
9:trx back stretch
11:trx golf rotation
12:trx oblique crunch
finished w/ trx pikes, pendulum swings, and roll ups......AB work is insane on this thing :D Short and sweet workout 30ish min.

Debbie & Roselyn-nice workouts this a.m.

I got up early to get my workout in but had DD call and talk for awhile. I thought I might have my other dd here this morning since they had no electricity last night. DD's birthday is today so we will be celebrating and then two of the grandchildren are spending the night.
My workout was Lauren Brooks Ultimate Body Sculpt and Conditioning Kettlebells 2 w/up. smoker, finisher and Killer abs 39 minutes 242 calories Max HR 153. I then added on Amy's Kettlebell Dynamics abs 7 min 37 calories. I followed with Kelly's Cardio Blast premix step plyo blast 42 min 312 calories. (My hr dropped in the middle of this since I had to stop) Max HR was 152. I finished with Tony's one on one Patience is a Hummingbird yoga 34 min 111 calories. Total workout time 2 hr 3 min and calories burned 700.
Lauren's Smoker/finisher/abs
tactical lunge 25#, high pulls 20#, 30 second rest
overhead squats 20#, kettlebell diamond pushup burpee, hand to hand swings 35#, push press 20#, star jumps 30 seconds rest
Repeat all
60 sec rest then Finisher 20 sec work with 10 sec rest
snatches right 20/10 left 20/10 rest 20#
high pull catch squat 20/10 repeat 25#
repeat all
Abs
single kettlebell plank(balance with 1 hand holding kettlebell horn other behind back 30 sec, overhead sit ups 20#held in right then in left, 30 dec rest repeat
pullover to crunch 30 sec 25#, russian twist 30 sec 20#, side plank 30 sec left, 30 sec right, prone cobra hold 30 sec rest repeat

HI - Yesterday kind of got away from me. Was in a rush cuz I had to go to Denver and pick up DS. We got back late-ish last night. Very good to have him home. The drive back flew by because we (mostly he) talked non-stop. It was really nice :)

I did do the Gauntlet on Wednesday (ode to Cheryl :p). Yesterday, I did Hiit 40/20 and then one wave from the double wave pyramid. I was pushing it for time and barely got a shower in before I had to go. Both workout's went really well. No idea why - I'm pretty worn out :confused: Maybe I've been running on a certain amount of adrenalin. That's not very good for you after awhile, I know -- time to settle down and get back on a more normal schedule. Not sure (even as I write this) what I'm doing for a workout today. This evening I'll take some time to work out a September rotation.

Debbie - Congratulations. Another full journey through STS :) . Vacations almost always leave me feeling a little worn out -- usually feel like I need a vacation AFTER my vacation.

Roselyn - I've been revisiting some STS workouts too (as well as Diane Sue). Pretty intense, hooking one up with a hiit - nice work :)

Theresa - GREAT workout. I checked out that site. It is now in my 'favorites.' Thanks :D

Diane Sue - Thanks for including your workout's breakdown -- a very good, very tough one. Wow on your cal burn. :)

I am just ... groggy. One can't get jet lag from driving I don't suppose, but still :confused: I had chest shoulders and triceps sheduled for today -- and some cardio. I'll try to go with that I guess. Have a great Friday.

Lori

Lori, I thought some mind find the breakdown of that Kettlebell workout interesting:D Driving wears me out. You are doing great getting workouts in. Really you have stayed up late working on home projects so there is probably a good reason you are tired;)

Roselyn, I think the Turbo Fire Hiits work great with sts:) Nice work.

Debbie, maybe it is the weather changes. I have felt sluggish lately and really have to push myself to do the workouts. Good for you finishing up STS. Did you do the entire workout program or a variation of it?

Theresa, nice work:D

Debbie, did you sleep in a bit on vacation days? Do you consider yourself a morning person? I definitely am not, but often must adopt a morning routine. I know if I have even a bit of time when I don't have to do the morning routine, getting back into it is hard! Of course, so many of you ladies seem to workout early--definitely not me! =)

Lori, I don't know if I missed it, but did you finish that renovation project you were doing? It was to the room your son uses when he has friends over, wasn't it?

Today I was totally unable to get up for early yoga, so I got up for 9 a.m, yoga (still early in my book), but on the way there was an accident and I knew I wouldn't make it in time so I went home. Then, finally, I went to yoga at noon. It was a level 2 class, so it was challenging and there were some people in there who clearly have been doing yoga for a while. However, it was a good level of challenging. Very sweaty and room to grow for sure, but not discouraging. I'm not used to this teacher, though, and I couldn't catch some of his cues cuz of his loud music. I kept wishing he'd turn it down. Lucky for me there were a couple girls practicing on the stage part of the room, and I watched the one closest to me for cues a lot of the time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.