Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Fri June 8

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Off to do Gym Style Legs. I might add a bit of cardio on and some Kundalini Yoga. Not sure. I have lots to do errand wise this morning ...so I can't be very long with my workout.

I'll be back later.

Dallys- what would you substitute for an exercise like Terry Pulls with the Cables? I'm stumped on that one. Looks like a bicep exercise...not sure. I've never even seen them before. There are a few done with the cables.

Good Morning, today I will do cardio and yoga. I may get on the treadmill for a little bit. I told my granddaughter 10 that she could get on it this morning if she bought athletic shoes with her. Then I am off to the store and library.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I ended up doing Gym Style Legs (matched Cathe's weight) and then did 20 minutes of Cardio Interval from Denise Austin's Bootcamp followed by 10 Min Solutions - Burn Belly Fat - Pilates with my magic circle. Workout (without abs added in) was 1 hour 30 minutes and I burned 430 calories. I also did Fat Free Yoga - Yoga Cleanse - Lighten Up & Purify - Love Your Liver segment and W/U which was 30". (thought it would be good to do this being I'm on all of this stupid medication).

Diane Sue - I think it's really good that your grandchildren are being raised with fitness. I bet they think their grandma is the BEST and coolest Grandma!! Everyone should instill fitness at a young age! I was looking at Deepdiscount....put the same books in my cart and the amount was the same as Amazon. I tried a code someone had posted in the Open Forum for 20% off but it won't work (must be expired). I better not browse any more....as I'm broke!! I did notice they have Shiva Rea's Fluid Power for $13. I paid $29.99 for it when it first came out and I think it was worth that amount.......so $13 is a steal! It's a great DVD.

Where the heck is everyone today? Off to eat my oatmeal and then do my neck stretches and run errarnds. Probably going down the other house today to work again. Be back later.

ETA: Anyone familiar with the Forza workout by PowerStrike? Any comments? It looks interesting. I've heard it's a great upper body and core workout. I wonder how much the sword would cost and where you'd buy it.....and I wonder if it would be fun?

I was MIA yesterday but just read through yesterday's thread. You all had excellent workouts! Great job!

Lora - The rotations I do are from the MEN'S M&F, not Hers. I won't pay that much for those magazines either. The men's one is much better anyways. I need to download some Incubus songs. I listen to MMS here and sometimes WNCX which is classic rock like Zep and Rolling Stones, etc.

Char - that is an adorable suit! You look great in it too! Of course! :)

Checking out the 8 week rotation in the newest M&F magazine. I may start that one tomorrow. We shall see...

Today is my rest day. Going to Wally World to get my dh some work pants.

Hi Everyone :) Happy Friday:)

Last night, after I got home from work I wasn’t feeling up to doing ANY workout, I really tried to talk myself out of it. Then I decided I'll just go for a walk too clear my head.

For what ever reason I decided to put KP&C on and soon as I seen Cathe face, it was over. Cathe, have a way of putting a smile on my face, I was like hello and it was over, I immediately changed into workout clothes and it was on, excellent workout:)

This morning, I did Imax 2 and MIS legs, It feels good to be back with my workouts;)

Teddygirl~

Deb - thanks for clarifying. I didn't know you bought the men's one. I'll have to check it. Is the other radio station 97.5? I listen to that one and MMS when I'm on the side of town where I can pick them up. What's the rotation your looking at like?

Teddygirl - I have really been into kickboxing lately. I am in my last week of a Cathe rotation and I sure have missed my kickboxing. Can't wait to do it a couple of times a week again.

Hey Maniacs! Not sure what to do today. Feels like I need a rest day. Dh said if it warms up he wants to go for a bike ride later today. I still need to get in one more circuit this week, so I think I'll do that tomorrow.

Diane Sue- That's cute your grand daughter wants to use the treadmill. She's learning by example.:)

Lora- 'Terry pulls' are definitley an exercise that we would have to modify. I'm thinking you could do those W presses that Slim Series uses or even better maybe doing one arm at a time with a band tied to something high and pulling down. I have a cable that I could do one arm at a time.

Debbie- Keep us posted on that M&F rotation.

Teddy- Great job on the workouts! Imax 2 and MIS legs! You are gonna feel it tomorrow.}(

Gotta run...and TGIF!!!!!!!!! We should have a party, no?

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hey guys, just popped into say, I have no internet service at home, I still live in the space age, heck, I just got cable a month ago.

My boss gave me ½ day today, so I'll be leaving shortly,

Lora: I like KB too. I promised myself this, the next time I do a KB workout it's going too be SJ&P, only had it forever, but I hear everyone raving about it being a good workout, I shall see:7

Dallys: Yep, I'm starting to feel it realll gooddd nowx( Rest, you workout hard.

Have a wonderful weekend guys:)

Teddygirl~

I finished my workout, I started with the treadmill for 2 miles, then did Tracey's Sweatfest Step#1 no wup or str, then Sweatfest cardio KB short sweat no w/up, I finished with Eoin Finn's PYFH strong free and happy. I was reading in Absolutely perfect that Low calorie diets, juice fasts, liquid fasts and fasting in general reduce thermogenesis which programs the body to store fat. I have been reading the chapter on Thermogenesis:)

Lora, I also saw the Kundalani Yoga at Deep Discount but was wondering if it had a lot of chanting in it. I wasn't sure I would like it. I think on the books if you are ordering enough to get the free shipping at Amazon it would probably be the same. It depends on what you are buying.

Teddy, good workout. I love Kickboxing workouts.

Dallys, enjoy the bike ride.

Lora - Yes, there is a 97.5 but I don't listen to that one much. I also like 106.5 which is an 80's station.

I think I am going to tackle the M&F rotation. It's a Push/Pull series. Looks tough and fun! :)

Mornin Maniacs,

Will be doing a lot of cooking today, Gardening has to be done, house needs a cleaning, and so do I. Never ending jobs. So darn busy, don't even have time to breath.

Will be doing a full body workout and a 30 min. cardio.

Have great workouts everyone, see ya later if I have time.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Deb - what's the number of the one station you listen to? I'll see if I can pick it up here. Need a couple more stations set on my car radio.

Diane Sue - which Kundalini yoga was it? Was it with Mantra Girl or someone called Maya Fieness (spelling). I just ordered the latter from Amazon but didn't receive it yet. It's a detox and destress one that some at VF liked. I've contemplated Mantra Girl before, but never got it. I really like Ravi & Ana. They have a good presentation and I trust them. Kundalini is so "out there" that I'm sort of afraid to stray too far off the beaten path. I usually buy stuff on Amazon Marketplace cuz the prices are cheaper, but then you have shipping. I will check DDD from now on though. I sort of want to browse the fitness section ...but last time I did that at Amazon ....I bought a boatload. You guys will probably make fun of some of the stuff I bought....but I don't care. I like to try all sorts of stuff. You know me!!! My house is getting too small!! LOL.

Teddygirl - I do all different instructors kickbox...not just Cathe. I would get bored stiff just doing Cathe. I like Tracey Staehle's, AMy Bento's, Kelly Coffey and the CIA's with Kimberly Spreen with the body bar. Good stuff!! I also got Tae Bo Amped. I'm a kickbox freak!!

Lora, the Kundalani yoga was the detox and destress with Maya. It is selling for $9.83. I just saw that it said chanting and meditation and I was not sure I would care for that. So you really like Shiva Rhea's Vinyasa Flow one you were mentioning. Does it have a Matrix or shorter sessions on it? Also don't you have Criss Cross cardio? How is that one?

Diane Sue - Criss Cross Cardio is one of my favorite KickBox DVDs. I really like the instructor and as a matter of fact, CIA has her Fit To Kick and Latin Grooves for free (you pay shipping & handling)....so as much as I dont' want VHS' ...I ordered them anyway.....for free. She's serious and get's down to business, has a great inspiring physique and gives a pretty intense kickbox session. There is one combo towards the end that is really different and it's my favorite...love it. She also adds some high intensity moves like flying jacks or other hi moves to kick the heart rate up. It then has a segment at the end where you work your obliques and upper back (pretty effective) and then goes into a Capoiera leg workout that is similar to Cathe's leg workout (sort of) on Kick Max. It probably is my favorite non-Cathe kickbox. I might have to do it soon!! I have 2 more days on my Cathe rotation!

That's the kundalini one I just ordered. I'm not sure how much chanting is in it ....but on most Ravi & Ana's....the chanting is usually only at the end as a closing and I don't usually do them, although I've read so much positive feedback on them lately...that I figured I'd start trying them. I've heard they do wonderful things for mood, emotions, etc and the reason is that working the meridians (energy centers running adjacent to the actual organs) is actually more effective than working on the organ itself ......thus when your tongue hits the different places in the roof of your mouth...your hitting different meridians that have a direct effect on certain things.....sounds hoky...I know...but I even heard they helped someone on the yoga checkin. Most likely the chanting is at the end. I hope....in case I want to skip it.

ETA: Fluid Power with Shiva -- it is slightly different than traditional vinyasa flow. The movements are more liquid. The sun salutations and namaskars are different and it takes a few tries to learn them....but once I learned them, I LOVE LOVE This DVD. It has the matrix and it is done on white sand dunes. The music is different than Yoga Shakti...still Jai Uttal ...but different. It has an absolutely wonderful segment on forward bending/twisting and hip openers. I love it. It gets into the spots you don't get into with other practices, as it has a few different moves. I needed to rewind a few of the poses to see exactly how her body was placed. I used to do this every week....I think I'm due for it tomorrow!! It doesn't have quite as many segments as Yoga Shakti...but it has enough. I usually do the same portions over and over....so I've not even done the entire thing yet. It does have a core segment also. (by the way - speaking of core....I'm off my Advil for 2 days cuz I'm loading on the Prednisone right now ...so I don't need it. My pants were actually loser today and my midsection hasn't looked this trim/slim in ages. Too bad I need to take that crap all of the time!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.