Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Fri Jan 11

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs-

This morning I did Core Synergestics. Workout was 63" and I burned 438 calories. I wanted to add on to this, but I overslept and was running late. I probably should have worn my ankle weights for the ab work and used DB's. Not sure I'll feel this tomorrow.

Deb - I'm sorry to hear about your Father. I'll keep you in my prayers. What hospital is he having it at here in town and who's his Cardiothoracic Surgeon? There are a few really good ones in town here.
Also, my Uncle who was near 90 at the time of his Open Heart did really well with the surgery and is now totally back to normal....shovels the driveway, walks daily, cuts the grass, etc.

Have great workouts everyone.

Meant to mention - did everyone get the STS email? ARe you preordering? $200??? geezz.

Do we need slanted risers for this series? I don't have them but my Transfirmer is slanted but only goes in the vertical direction. I wonder if I could use that instead. Does anyone know?

Today was interval x. I have a hard time with some of the moves on carpet. You stick. Was tough, but doable..
I skipped the abs this morning . I have to go to work..

Have a great day.
Deb, keep us posted on the FIL. He will look really bad after surg. Tubes coming out of everywhere and really swollen.
Prayers coming. Have faith. Both my parents been through this..

Not sure if i like the p90 x but i am gonna see if it grows on me.
wrapped my wrist . it is bothering me a good bit here..
It hurts on the outer side. Think i pulled something.
My luck..
Take care all..

Hi everyone, yesturday I squeezed in KPC. Today I'm thinking total body, not sure which one yet.

I forget who said they had LASIK done. As you know I am scheduled to have it done Thursday but after reading and signing all the papers about what could go wrong I am a little scared. Those of you who had it done, would you do it again, is it worth it, what made you decide to go ahead with it? My SO says he wouldn't do it but if I'm willing to roll the dice he hope it works out for me. Geesh. I'd love to know what you think. Thanks.

Debbie - Sorry to hear about your dad, he will be in my prayers.

A quick check in before I take my granddaughters to school. This morning I did Kelly's Cardio Kick Step Box, then added her cardio only premix from Cardio Sculpt Fitness. When I get back I will do P90X+ upper and abs/core. My lats are still a little sore so we will see how it goes.

Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I will keep him in my prayers.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I just read the update on STS, I will definately be getting this. Which means I won't be getting P90X +, I can't justify getting both and I'd pick Cathe over Tony any day. I am so excited for this.

Thanks all for your prayers. Not sure when I'll be back on here to update you, but I will as soon as I can. I have a feeling my weekend will go by in a blink of an eye. Today will not, though. Lora - he's at St. Elizabeth Belmont. It seems like a fairly good hospital. I don't know who his doctor is though.

Today was full body. I am so sore from Wednesday's workout that I almost skipped this one. I did take out two leg exercises I was going to do and just did one. My hamstrings and calves are so sore I can hardly walk today!

1:30 min. rest between each set - and this wasn't enough. This workout was definite puke status!

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Flat Barbell Press:
95# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***These felt good, but by the third set I was dying.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Pullovers:
45# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***Liked this. A double whammy for my chest and my upper back got a great burn.[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS[/font]
Bulgarian Split Squats:
70# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***These about killed me because my legs are so sore.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
[font color=blue]Zottman Curls:[/font]
25's - 12/12/12
***These felt awesome and was very hard. I can't believe I did all three sets. 3rd set was definitely to failure.

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Close Grip Barbell Press:
80# - 12/12/11
[font color=blue]***A triple whammy for my chest! Triceps felt good and strong but on the last set I just could not do the 12th rep.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Front Raise:
12's - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***Great burn with this one. Front of the shoulders got a great pump.[/font]

That is all....

DANG! I can't believe how much the STS workouts are going to be. I figured they'd be about that high, though. I doubt I'll get them.

Have great workouts everyone! Today will be a slow one for me.

Good Morning
Adina Yes it is so worth it. Just as long as you did good research on who you are going with. But yes I would do it again! I love just waking up being able to see, not having to put my contacts in b/4 I workout. Each couple months after the surgery is done you see better and better! They gave me valum sp? b/4 I went in to keep me relaxed so I would'nt do too much eye "squeezing". I wont go into too much detail. Just let me know if you have any questions.

Wow I'm going to have to save up for the STS system! I want it sooooooo bad!

Today is my rest day!!!
Have a great day ladies
Randi

Adina, I had a two step process when I had the laser eye surgury. So I went under two different lasers. My eyesight was terribly bad. I always had to wait for glasses to be made and a lot of frames would not fit my lenses as they were so thick around the edge. I never could see real well even with glasses and contacts. I kept a magnifying glass with me all of the time. Now I have 20/20 and am so happy with my results. I paid for a guarantee of at least 20/25. They told me it may take 3 times to get it. It took two. Yes, I would definitely do it again.

Morning everyone.

Today is Total Body Plus-my arms are still sore from the hanging ab work yesterday-ugh!

Debbie-I will be thinking of you and your Dad today-please know he is in my prayers.

Coni

Morning Maniacs,

Today was supersets with legs and I am already sore!

Quads
Front Squats
15/15/15 - 75#
Hamstrings
Elevated DB SLDL's
12/12/12 - 90#

Quads
Plie Squats
15/15/15 - 90#
Hamstrings
Leg Curls
12/12/10 - 40#(this is a PB! I so wanted the 12 reps on the last set)

Quads
Leg extensions
15 - 52 1/2#
15/15 - 50#
Calfs
Calf Raises
30/30 - 40#
60 - BW

Great workouts everyone!
Linda

Morning Maniacs! Finished 30 min. on the treadmill and did A/C +. This was tough, as my abs have been VERY sore all week long!
Later today I have upperbody + planned. I'm so shocked that the scale hasn't moved... I want to scream! I'm just going to keep truckin' though and maybe I'll see a drop soon.

Debbie- I don't know if I'll get Cathes STS either. I feel I already have plenty of books that cover periodization training. Plus, like you said, you are already doing a similar rotation and it didn't cost you a dime.;) I guess if one really can't workout on their own, then these would be worth it. I'll be praying for your dad today.:) I know your weekend will go by in a blur.

Lora- Like I said above. I'm not sure if I want to fork out the cash for the new Cathes. NROL and I'm sure NROLFW (need to get that) would be about the same thing. Don't you think?

Anne- I workout on carpet too. I'm used to it though. Just pick up the feet.:)

Adina- I've been thinking of Lasik too. I'm far sighted and mostly worried that my close vision will get screwed up. I love being able to read without glasses and have heard that might change after Lasik and I'd need reading glasses. Have you heard that?

Diane Sue- I'm doing upperbody + too.:) I'm sore all over, so this should be fun!

Randi- enjoy your rest day!

Coni- That hanging ab work is great isn't it? I've been sore all week from it.

Linda- Nice workout as usual.:)

Later.....

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hey Girls!

Crazy week here! I've been so swamped at work and wiped out when I get home at night. No workout this morning but I'm off early today so I will work out later.

Debbie - I'm sorry about your dad. You are both in my prayers. He will be fine. They do these surgeries every single day and you've got to trust that he is in good hands. Hang in there girl.

A friend of mine wants to order a couple of videos from the Collage catalog. She works out a lot so I told her I would ask you all for your opinions because if they aren't hard enough she'll be disappointed. They are Susan Harris' Finding Your Core and Jari Love's Get Ripped! to the Core.

Adina - My DH had lasik done 10 years ago. He had really, really bad eyesight - he said it was 20/400. They did it once and had to redo it, but he would have it done again in a heartbeat. It's one of the best things he's ever done (next to marrying me, I'm sure :p ). He's 37 and doesn't have to wear reading glasses and can read the smallest of print. I'm 45 (yup, cradle robber) and always had 20/20 vision and I've had to wear reading glasses since I was 40.

Hi to everyone else. I miss you all!

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi Everyone,

Dally's, did you see my post last night? I did P90X+, I did Upper body and Abs. I'm sore today and love it!

Lora, I would like to get the new STS dvd's of Cathe's, it's just a matter of saving money at this point. Since I'm doing the P90X+ rotation, I'll have 3 months to save so we'll see!

Debbie, You and your dad will be in my prayers.

Hi to everyone else, I'm at work, so can't stay on here too long!

Hope you all have a great Friday!!!

Hello Maniacs!

I'm off work today and at my sister-in-laws so I thought I'd pop in here really quick.

This morning I ran 4.5 miles on my treadmill while previewing Tracey S. new step workout....which by the way looks really good. I'll probably work on it tomorrow. After breakfast I did 4DS-KB. Wanted to do a back workout but my dd16 called and needed me to take something to the school for her. I am now and have several errands to run so I don't think that back workout will happen...

Have a great day and wonderful weekend if I don't get back here!

I ended up doing ME, fun workout. Tomorrow I am getting my brother so it will have to be a rest day (he is mentaly handicaped and lives in a group home, I get him once a month). He has a gift card from Christmas still so I am taking him shopping then to see our parents then he usually likes to come over and play with my DS. He is 31 but is into the same stuff as my 8 yr. old; GI Joes, spiderman.

Randi ~ I am going to the same one a friend went to, he had a good experience, plus they wouldn't do his wife's because she would be high risk but said she could probably find someone else to do it. That made me feel like they had the patients intrest in mind and not just trying to make a buck. It is an hour away but there was no way I was going to get it done in this area.

They are going to give me a valium also which will be much needed.

Diane Sue ~ My vision is pretty bad too, not sure what it is but my perscription is like -6. My eyes have been too dry for contacts the past few years so I have had to wear my thick glasses.

Dallys ~ I hear ya, but I haven't heard anything about that. They did have me write out in my own handwriting that my vision may be worse after the surgery. Kinda scary but I guess thay have to cover their own butts.

Suz ~ That's good to know, I am feeling better and better about it.

Thanks guys.

Suz ~ About Jeri Love's Get Ripped to the Core, does your friend have Netflix? I rented that one, only did it once, thought it was just OK and got bored during the workout. Definately does not have the fun factor Cathe has, just my opinion.

Have a great weekend everyone.

I finished my workout. I sure took my time getting started. I think I did better getting through it this time around. Adjusted weights and made more notes. It's funny though, by the time I get to those last combat push ups I am feeling it. I got in 10. Those L chin ups are killer too. For some reason since I have been doing these I have had a tremendous headache. A lot of tension in my neck.

Dallys, I think I may be even more sore after today. I increased some reps and weights on some of these moves.

Suz, I would say Ripped to the Core would be the best choice. I have the Susan Harris one and have used it maybe 4 times.

Hey Maniacs! Busy day today. Just getting lunch in..STARVING!
Plus, it's snowing AGAIN!

Sandy- Read your post from yesterday. LOL! I haven't done my workout yet, but now I'm looking forward to getting tortured!}(

Marietta- Great run on the treadmill this morning!

Adina- Have fun with your brother tomorrow!

Suz- Have you gotten all this snow we are getting? It's been years since we've had this much. It's pretty, but sure makes for a long winter.

Gotta get back to work...never ends.

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hey Maniacs!!!!

Real busy here today. My day has been off. Ate lunch late, etc., etc.

Got started on P90X Upper Body and the the ab work. Like the ab work. Not as hard off the tree bar as it would be hanging. Did very good with pullups. Lousy with weights. Day of my period and ate lunch late so....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.