Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Fri Dec 29

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Get Ripped 1000 (65") and added on a couple sets of lat rows, lateral raises for shoulders, and triceps extensions (cuz I don't think I used enough weight during the workout). I then added on Stability Ball Abs (15") from Cathe's Pyramid Upper and Stability Ball Legs and Glutes from Pyramid Lower (15")and stretch from Ripped 1000. I then did a set of Firewalkers followed by a set of Gliding Lunges with the discs. I also did Ancient Ayurvedic Yoga (about 1/2 hour). At the end of the leg work, workout time was abvout 1 hour and 50 minutes and I burned 540 calories.

I'm not sure if I'm just so zoned out with all of this job stuff on my mind or if that workout wasn't that tough. I don't know...perhaps I over did it cuz of the state I'm in. I'll guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I'm so used to lifting around what Cathe lifts and getting a good workout. I can also judge what to lift with Amy, but Jari throws me off. I hardly felt anything when I lifted what it said she was lifting. I'll have to do this again lifting heavier. That's why I ended up adding stuff on.

Diane Sue - how much more do you usually lift than Jari? I usually judge what to pick up by what the instructor lifts, i.e., with Cathe, I'm usually good at what she's lifting, sometimes slightly lower or slightly higher...depending on the exercise. With Amy, I know if I go slightly higher I'm good. What works for you with Jari?

I would like opinions on this job situation. I could hardly sleep last night wondering about all of this. I don't know if I should take the Atty job if I'm offered it now cuz of that one atty yesterday. I don't know which place would be worse. I don't want to make a mistake. My DH agrees that the atty yesterday sounded a bit jerky...but each job has it's pros and cons. The main pro about the Atty job is that I'd only be there 8 hours a day and at the Real Estate place (since they don't pay for your lunch), you'd be there 8 hours and 45 minutes a day. I think the work would be slightly easier at the REal Estate job, but I'm not sure about Gina. I told my DH that I would just pray about it and ask God to only offer me the Atty job if it would be the better place to work. He laughed at me and said , you can't do that. I wonder why he said that. I don't know what to do. I thought if I prayed and turned it over to God and put it like I just said, that if I get offered the job, then I'd know it's God's will. Does that make sense or do you agree with my DH and say that it doesn't work that way. Sorry, I'm going on and on here......babble babble.

Have great workouts. I'll be around today.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I tossed and turned all night. My face is covered with zits. I woke up to the smell of a cigarette being lit..I can smell them miles away.Maybe he came in from outside from smoking..probably.

So it is core syngeristics today..I CHECKED this time! lol. That one is tough at times. I think Tony loses his mind during this one and repeating superman/banana over and over again so quickly... love those moves though.

I got so much to do today, it ain't funny.

Lora,

You are doing the right thing..put it in God's hands. You can't be sure about much since no one is opening up to you much and getting to really know someone takes time. There have been times when I started to work for someone and thought they were really going to be nasty and it turned out the opposite, etc.

Charlotte~~

Char, you will be fine. Just go about your day as usual....He is a big boy can handle himself.

Lora, take which job you feel more comfortable doing. Money isn't everything.Happiness is more important.You know what you can handle.
Or flip a coin. When do you have to decide by?

Meag, Surg is on the 17th. The face work is minimal. Mini face lift for the jowels and skin removal under my eyes. this bothers me the most. I had my rice boobies in and told DH .. Like this...He said that 's not too big...and smiled. HEHEH...I am doing it for me though. I want to be able to look in the mirror and like me.No Lipo or any of that crap.I will loose it on my own...I will mail you befor and afters in e-mail or password the pic trail one if you want to see the difference after.I am a little shyer than posting it on the web...

Tonite is definitely MMax. I didn't feel like i worked out alot on Kick Max. Seemed easy except for the balancing..I didn't like the beach body weighted gloves. Going to find a different kind.
Even the leg drills were easy. Especially after B&G...Must have broke me in....
Well, done blabbing
Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good Morning,
Today is cardio and legs for me. I may try to fit in some ab work as well. I only have two of my grandaughters today. I need to go to the library and the PetsMart later.

Charlotte, I am like you I can smell cigarette smell a mile away. I can smell it in the cars next to me. That is why we got our fifth wheel trailer. I don't care if I am in a nonsmoking hotel room I can smell the smokers.

Lora, when I do Slim & Lean and RTC I follow Ben or whoever is using the heaviest weight. The only place I don't is on the 40# overhead press with the step that Ben does on RTC. I think praying about it is the best thing on the job situation. The people's work attitudes won't really show up till after you are working with them. Chances are the guy you talked to at the att job would behave differently once he knew he was working with you. You can be best friends with someone and work for them and their attitude be different.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning
Today is cardio and B&G floorwork and abs premix.
Diane sue I love petsmart I bring my dog with me all the time, she loves to shop:)
Lora leave it in God's hands he will pick the job that is right for you:) I agree with acatalina that money isn't everything, happiness is more important:)
Take care everyone
Randi

Morning.
Randi- what kind of dog do you have?

DS- have fun with your granddaughters. Enjoy your WO.

Char- a little stressed my dear? Take your stress out on all those banana roll thingys! Good luck with your day.

Lora- I agree with all the above said. Let it be, and God will take care of you. It is hard to judge someone with just one meeting. Maybe he was having a really bad day. Nice WO.

Anne- good luck! I know how you feel about not liking parts of your body. I am not happy about that part after having my babies. Good luck. I hope you aren't to drugged to be able to type! LOL! We will miss you.

OK< so I feel really bloated today. Did not even go near the scale cuz I know I won't like the numbers. Ate some sh*t I shouldn't have yesterday, and the day before that too. Don't need numbers to tell me that. Just look at my bloated belly LOL! SO major water consumption today.. I hope to do BM2 in its entirity today. Have to see how it goes.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good morning maniacs..I'm at home today, Yeah!!!

I will feel guilty about it here soon.

I was so busy doing kenpo and stretchx yesterday that it was time for bed before I knew it. I started to feel some pain in my right side that I think is from Core Syn...too much stretch or something.

Lora..our practice has been limited to medical malpractice defense, meaning I represent dr.'s, we have just expanded and I will be taking on the domestic end which is divorces, custody issues and juvenile law etc. My first thought is we would have hired you in a minute with your medical knowledge. Too bad you couldn't work for a medical defense firm. They would love your knowledge. But it's not really needed in real estate etc. Don't downplay your typing skills, maybe he meant that he doesn't need someone who types that fast because he types his own letters and briefs. But, I have to admit he sounds like an ass. There are a lot of male attorneys who think there #### doesn't smell, and it makes my stomach roll. Gold diamond cufflinks do something to their ego's I swear. I call it short man syndrome. It turns me off big time. But there are usually good perks to working in a firm, and if the hours fit and it's more pay, I would try it. I know nothing about working in a real estate office, other than phone calls and property research. It's much blander but the learning curve would certainly be less. You will have a lot to learn with the attorneys. You can handle anything after working for a difficult boss, you must have the skill and diligence to ignore the crap and focus on what matters. Ok, sorry that was so long, but you have a big decision and you probably already know in your gut what you want, you just need to listen to your instincts. (they are old and wise beyond your years)

Meg...you are running with bronchitis? Amazing, the cold does open your airways though. I bet your horses give you a sense of peace. how much land do you have??

Anne..rice that's funny I forgot you were getting your face done too. I just saw something about a thread lift somewhere that is easy and has great results. Vicoden makes you sick heh? Well they will find something to knock you out. I remember one thing...I could not get out of bed without help, lifting my arms and torso was agony, so my daughter had to come help me get out of bed. Also, I had a stick shift and couldn't shift for 3 weeks. Now, mine were placed under my pecs (which were cut), so that I'm sure was the cause of most of the pain, but if you are having yours put over the muscle, it makes a bit difference in pain level. Just be sure to take a lot of pain medicine, I swear I slept for 4-5 hours straight and only got up for more pain medicine for at least 5 days.

Suz...I can picture you playing the piano (and singing) with your birds and dogs all at attention. It cracks me up. Zeus howls when I play, kinda like when he hears ambulances. I got your e-mail and yes, you have at least inspired me to dig through some music, I found the music I was taught with, my piano teacher loved to put those little stars on stuff as I mastered it. LOL...flashbacks to being 12.

Debbie, I'm gonna get a tower..DH said it's ok, but it has to wait for a new house. which means at least 6 months. I have to sell my stairmaster..we don't use it enough and the ceilings are too low down there. I actually tried to remove some ceiling tiles, but I kept hitting my head on the supports.

Netta...yes I did kenpox...need to find some weighted gloves, I may venture out today but I am not a shopper. I can't stand it. Strange I know.

Char...that's a shame about the smoke...you will never get used to that. Isn't your back porch cold in the winter?

Hi to Diane sue, Randi and all I missed. I'm going to enjoy this day at home alone and workout first thing!!!! Yeah!

Amber

Amber - Thanks for your response. My gut is undecided. I think certain good and bad things about each job ....so it's a conflicted only gut. I figured I'd just pray and ask God for the job offer with the attorneys only if I'd be happy there and be able to do it with no major problems. Thought I had it all figured out till the DH stepped in with his comment. I know you're also supposed to believe that God speaks to you thru the people who love you, but my DH won't tell me which job he thinks I should take cuz he has before and I ended up losing the job due to outsourcing. He absolutely won't give his opinion either way. Also, my Mom.....hate to say this, but she's getting old and I'm not sure if she always has the best advice for me any more. I don't mean that in a mean or negative way cuz I love her dearly and respect her....but Mom's don't know everything just cuz their your Mom and you learn this as you mature. When I was little, I thought she knew everything....cuz that's what kids do. Plus -- sometimes she just gives me advice that I KNOW is wrong. I would never say anything to her....but you know what I'm saying. Well the phone hasn't rung yet..........so I guess at this point - it's Howard Hanna on Tuesday with Gina! I'm so nervous. Wish I could blink and know my job, etc. (Also - didn't know you were a malpractice atty...that would be interesting - don't know if I'd be looking forward to the juvenille stuff........juvenille's can be rough!! Take it from me!! The fact that they are so young and stupid....don't know if I could deal with that.

Charlotte- hang in there with the FIL. Just think -- soon enough, you'll be fishing with him in the Spring!! LOL. (okay, I'm a real comedian today). I also have way too much to do today cuz we have to go celebrate Christmas at my DH's families tomorrow......yuk!! Christmas is over....and I don't want to eat badly anymore. I wish they'd just have it on Christmas Eve like normal people and then you can go see the other family on Christmas. Isn't that what normal people do?

This morning I did full body, did 3 sets/15 reps in superset fasion. 2 minutes rest between each superset:

SS #1
Leg extensions: 60#
Decline Dumbbell Chest Press: 35's

SS #2
Hamstring Press: Tons of reps each leg
T-Bar Row: 50#

SS #3
Dumbbell Upright Rows: 20's
Overhead Tricep Press: 32#

No abs today, just didn't feel like it. Hopefully tomorrow. I may do a Coremax workout. This workout was only 49 minutes, was in my zone for 11 minutes and burned 153 calories.

Amber, I got my power tower at Dunhams for real cheap, it was the floor model. I think I paid $69 for it. Maybe look around to see where you can get the best priced one. I got lucky when I found that one.

Hope you all have a great Friday!

OMG...my FIL has managed somehow to find a station out here with Rush Limbaugh on it and it has it BLASTING cuz he is hard of hearing. I hate hearing the news or loud sportscaster with obnoxious loud sounding voices so this is gonna test me. (I can always blast my music up too) he he. The dogs are non stop with their barking. I feel like I am in Hellraiser right now. My workout room smelled of cigarette smoke so I had to light candles. Must be bringing in cigs lit or something from outside. Trying not to lose my mind. I am gonna go do the core work now

Charlotte~~

I ended up doing LIC all cardio on 8 in step and floor work and stabilty ball abs on B&g on the ankle weight leg work I did each leg twice it was tough!
Meg i have a Chocolate Lab named Bailey
Randi

I finished my workout. Now it is lunch and off to the library and pet store. I did I Max 3 and Butts & Guts Premix standing and abs timesaver. I did this as a circuit w/up and first two intervals 2 lower moves from B&G till end, then I did SJP step cardio and then the bonus lower body work from B&G, I went back and finished off with the stability ball abs, stopping and doing 2 sets 15 reps hanging knee raises on my tower with 12#, and 1 set 15 reps 50# barbell rollouts on toes, then did B&G str..

Charlotte, I am sure that is tough since you are probably used to quiet or your own noises. Hang in there.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning,

It was Core Syn for me today. I was thinking it was YogaX so I'm as confused as Charlotte sometimes too. Okay, Yoga tomorrow. I liked Core Syn today because I had more of the moves down and could bring it better. Good workout. If it warms up more, will go take my bike out for a spin, I'm itching to.

Lora, good luck on picking the job. I think I would like the attorney job myself. I don't get a good feel for Gina from what you write. I can't imagine anyone treating you as badly as you were treated at your previous job. You couldn't get away with that crap (screaming and making derogatory remarks) working for the State like I do.

Toasty, how did you like Core Syn today? Bet you did really good with it. I did much better this time than when I did it on Tuesday. Lots of variety and my pushups were better. I can't do Chata Runs still, nor did I even try. I can smell cigarettes in cars driving past me too. Rush Limbaugh! Maybe you can get him some earphones to listen to the TV/Radio with. Hang in there girl. Yep, you guys will be making your own fishing lures soon LOL!

Anne, I'm so excited for your surgery. You will come thru fine and you've researched it a lot.

Diane Sue, good workout for you. Yep, I'm sensitive to cigs in cars next to me too. How are the pups doing?

Maeghan, drink tons of water today. Hope your bronchitis is better. Don't push it too much. I woke up last night with lots of icky phlegm, you know the kind where you only cough once to try to loosen it. It feels like it's just slowly dripping, dripping.... yuk!

Amber, Core Syn for you today? Let me know if you liked it. I can't remember, are you still in Phase 1? Are you taking pictures of 30 days?

Randi, good workout. I love labs!!!

Suz, are you batting down the hatches with the storm or are you in the midst of it? Let us know you are okay.

Jeanette

Well - I'm officially a NERVOUS WRECK. I don't think I can make it thru this this time. DH keeps telling me I need to start thinking better and not being so stupid if I'm going to work for the Attorneys!! That really helps my self esteem. My 47-year old brain is NOT what it used to be.

They offered me the job downtown for the Attorneys (never thought they would after yesterday). They gave me a wage offer and told me I could counter......never did that before today! So I countered and they accepted. I won't have any Health Insurance, but I have it with my DH.....but it was slightly nicer to have both.....better coverage with copays, etc. I'ts only about 10 cents less an hour than I made at the hospital, but more if you factor in the benefits. I called Gina and informed her (got her voice mail).

So everyone better chat it up with me now, cuz from the way the one atty made it sound, I won't have time to go to the bathroom on the job as busy as it gets.........Yikes and today was officially my last day at the hospital......so I guess I did okay with finding a comparable job... good thing I was on sick time so I could look.

Way to go, Lora!!! I'm happy for you and KNOW that you can handle it. One person's idea of busy can be a lot different than someone else's. You WILL rise to the occasion. Be positive, you can do it. Yes, you did great on getting a job so soon and for almost as much money. Now, go forward and don't look back.

Jeanette

I hope you ladies know me better than I know myself....cuz I'm skeptical that I'll perform well.

Oh, also, went and signed the Deed/Title for the house sale today with our Realtor. I asked her if she knew Gina (I knew she would) and she said yes. When I asked her what she thought of her, she said have you seen the way she dressed, to which I replied yes. I did note some competitive jealously in her demeanor (so I take it with a grain of salt - as they work for different companies), but she said she was unprofessional and slept her way to the top and she thought she was B#@ch. She told me this in strict confidence, of course, but I told her my gut told me she was the B word.

I hope I pass my 90 day probationary period at the law firm.

So I did BM2 today. I didn't make it thru all the abs and stretch cuz my Uncle showed up to fix our water pressure problem and he kept interrupting me so I gave up. I will do abs later. Plus, he didn't even fix the problem ARGH!!!! But, it was a good WO nonetheless.

Lora- I am so excited for you!! I am sure you will excel at this job. Just cut yourself some slack. When do you start??

Netta- I am feeling so much better today. Less congestion. I cough up some nasty stuff in the morning but better now LOL!! Other then the cough I have felt fairly good. I am on two different immune suppressant drugs, so the doc wanted to be safer then sorry and put me on those antibiotics since I am more prone to infection. Plus 90% of Sarcoidosis patients have there lungs effected. But I have been doing really well and my last catscan showed some improvement in my lymph nodes and not much of anything bad in my lungs. SO far so good. That is another reason why exercise is so important to me, my health. I need to keep these lungs healthy!
Sorry to go off on a tangent there! Hope you aren't coming down with anything nasty!

Char- did you get your WO finished?

DS- you have really been kicking out the cardio lately! Are you on any goal orientated rotation, or just doing what you feel like? I felt like you doing a marathon WO today with all my interruptions. How frustrating! LOL!

Randi- oh I bet your dog is a cutey!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

I am being challenged...OMG! Tomorrow will be better. My hair smells like smoke and I can taste it in my mouth from the car ride into town. FIL insisted on driving. For a moment, I felt like..where is home again??? FIL is probably feeling the same way cuz he doesn't have one so everyone is still adjusting including Speck. She just barks soooo much. I will sleep like the dead tonight. Needless to say, I have been spraying and lighting candles like crazy.

I started Core Syngeristics and people came to look at our home early so I only got done half way and had to run and then eat lunch all sweaty and gross.x( So I just now finished the second half. Hate having my workouts interrupted..HATE IT!!!!! Speaking of the Core Syg...does anyone else get cramping around the collarbone after going from pushups to the swing kicks? Each time I have done this, it has happened and I have to stop before I get to the end of the swing kicks. I think my shoulder area still has issues?

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.