Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Fri April 27

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I'm off to do a weight workout, some cardio and yoga. I'll be back in a bit.

Brooklyn has been in my lap since she came home from the Vet yesterday. She's sleeping on my lap right now. Don't know how I'm supposed to work out ........as when I put her down, she cries until I hold her again. Poor baby with bandaged paws.

Be back later.

I ended up doing P90 Masters Sculpt. I went as heavy as possible and did 6-10 rep range. I also did the boxing workout with Sugar Ray & Laila Ali - Beginner and Advanced one. Workout was 1 hour 40 minutes and I burned 520 calories (give or take a few minutes due to interruptions from Brooklyn). I also did Aligning the Upper Body yoga with Lauren Mones 60".

Have a great Friday everyone.

Diane Sue - what do you think of Tracey's new Sculpt workout now that you've had time to play around with it? I plan on doing it soon, as well as the CIA with Sharon Twombly. I've got to get busy on the cardio for the next few days since I ate too much on vacation.

Have a great workout everyone.

Morning ladies... How are we all today???

I took a rest day wed. Got out of work late and was beat.
Did legs last night. I am fried. I maxed my self out on the machines 3-sets 8 reps,120 on the leg press , 1 legged 90#. The thigh machines 110#,the leg raise and push down 80#,then hit the smith machine with 90# for more squats , lunges and ple-a squats and i was going to do some cardio and my legs were shaking, so i quit.
Then i did the ab machine 75 reps with 110# Then the ab thingy with 100 crunches and 8# ball twists 3 sets 25, with 1 leg raised on a bench(won't sit on the floor)..YUK...
Oh, i forgot calves, darnnn...Tonite..

Tonite is cardio night and maybe some UB, not sure, depends how i feel...
Workin out at home tonite..

Deb, it is raining here. Avon day????

Char, do you have blinds? Are you runnung around in the buff, YET!!

Hello everyone //
Gotta get bath x and work x..
Have a great day, although our weather is miserable...

This morning I did Cardio Coach #3 - this one is my favorite shorter CC workout. I ended up doing Challenge 1 twice and then I did a steady state until I reached an hour.

Workout was 1:05, was in my zone for 57 minutes and burned 415 calories. I can't believe my calorie burns lately. Its exciting! I travelled 3.65 miles.

Anne - great workout. Yes it's raining here and no, it's not an Avon day. But I have to work today and that kind of sucks. Oh well, more $$$$ I can give the government.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

So I need to decide between butts and gutts and bootcamp. Help me decide. Got a paper this morning. Need to look for a job. Like I don't have enough jobs. lol. Getting curtains up today. Taking my time with pictures until my dining room set comes in cuz I am not sure what it will all look like in diningroom and where I want some pictures.

Anne,

I love the privacy. Can't tell you how much. Yes, I can walk around nude or in anything crazy and not worry about anyone seeing me. Last night after I showered, I was gonna wear my jeans..I use to have to do this living with FIL, but I was like..hell, I don't have to put on jeans again..grabbed my nightgown..had my hot tea last night and watched Survivorman with my son. Loved it.

Lora,

Why is Brooklyn's paws bandaged?

Debbie,

Good job on the cardio burn. Wow!

Charlotte~~

Toasty - Brooklyn got declawed yesterday. Great Avatar!!

Deb - great workout. Glad you're heart rate monitor is working for you. Looks like the Polar was not giving you accurate readings.

Good afternoon, I recieved my Tracey Staehle dvd today. I took my time at cardio hoping it would come. I started my workout with Low Impact Circuit cardio blast then did the M&F rotation,the Sweatfest Kickbox workout came while I was doing abs. So I did combos 1-5 and the stretch of this workout. I think I am really going to like it a lot. I am off to the store and taking my grandaughters to the arts festival in a little bit.
M&F shoulders and abs:
Barbell shoulder press 37.5# 15 reps 1 set, 40# 15 reps 2 sets
wide grip upright row 35# 15 reps 2 sets, 40# 15 reps 1 set
dumbbell lateral raise 12# dumbbells 20 reps 2 sets
bentover lateral raise 10# 20 reps 2 sets
barbell shrug 35# 15 reps 2 sets
dumbbell shrug 15# dumbbells 15 reps 2 sets
Abs- hanging leg raise 2# ankle weights 15 reps 3 sets
decline crunch 15# 20 reps 3 sets
added 1 set ball woodchops 25# 20 reps

Lora, I really do like the sweatfest sculpt workout. Tracy gets the core good throughout most of it even while doing upper and lower moves. I hope Pandora gets to feeling better soon.

Charlotte if it were me I would do Butts and Guts:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good evening, it looks like everyone is busy this evening. No big plans this weekend. DH is working tomorrow. I am planning on playing with my new Tracey dvd tomorrow and getting in a longer ab workout. I think I need some more yoga as well.

Anne, it sounds like you are getting some really good workouts in at the gym. I bet you are getting some really good results:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hi ladies! No WO tonight-it's my rest day. Yesterday I did Jari Love's Ripped 1000. I seriously doubt I burned 1000 calories, but I did like the workout a lot....even the cardio.

Deb-Happy no Avon in the rain day! That was funny about the $$$$$ and the government-sure does feel like that! I am going to do a mid-year assessment this year. I hate getting to the end of the year and then finding out about all of the things I should have done over the course of the year. x(

Char-Good Luck on the job search! What kind of work will you be looking for?

Diane Sue-How was the Arts Festival? Sounds like a lot of fun! Hope you had a good time! Did you buy anything?

Anne-Have a good workout! Great legs WO-I don't envy you doing cardio after a leg workout like that.

Lora-Hope Brooklyn feels better soon. After the week I have had at work, I am glad they have not had me declawed!!!! LOL! :)

OK, ladies.....need some perspective. I have been working out for awhile and although I have made some good progress, I am still feeling fustrated about my weight loss (or lack thereof). Here's my stats:

Starting point:
Date 05/18/2006
Weight 172.5
Body Fat 28.3%
Tricep 21
Bicep 3
Back 18
Hip 16
BMI 32.6
(At the starting point the goal was 22% Body Fat and 159 pounds)

Today's Measurements:
Date 04/27/2007
Weight 162.5
Body Fat 14.5%
Tricep 5
Bicep 2
Back 12
Hip 5
BMI 30.5
(New goal body fat 12%, weight goal still 159)

So, I have been working out for almost one year, but have only lost 10 pounds and only dropped one pants size-from a 14 to a 12. I have dropped from an XL on top to being very close to a medium. These are good things, but I feel that 162.5 is still way to heavy for me to be at 5'1", even with a muscular body. My body fat has dropped by half, which is very remarkable and no small feat, but I still feel like I could have done better for this amount of time. Any insights would be appreciated. I started reading BFFM in order to look for ways to tweak my training and eating habits. I focus a great deal on strength in most of my training because I like it more, and it was easier to make exercise a habit and be consistent doing something I liked. It's obviously time to kick up the cardio...or am I wrong?

Hope you all have a great night!

Jen

Jen, it sounds like you have got some awesome results. Lowering your bodyfat that much is great. Maybe you can try something different like increasing the cardio and see what happens. I think that may get you to a different level. You can always go back to what you were doing. Have you tried doing some circuits? You still get the weights with some cardio. We all get into a pattern that we are comfortable with and change can be good.

Diane Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.