HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS FRI 3-19

buttercup78

Cathlete
HELLO LADIES

Yesterday I did 3 x 9 weights and 20 min cardio kickbox challenge. total workout time was 43 min and I burned 613 calories

db chest press on ball-20's
sumo deadlift-40#
one arm row-25#
split squat (static lunge)-50#
leg raises-body weight

today I plan to get a quick HIIT workout in. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow. :mad:

Hermia-that seems to be type of yoga classes I have gone to when I went to a studio. It was different every time which I both liked and disliked :confused:

Linda-the shoulder has not been acting up as much thanks for asking. It did bother me a bit on the chest press, but there was no popping or pain on the overhead press.....weird. I have used the clubs a few times and they make my shoulders burn, but I have REALLY been trying to work on my posture and stretch chest and back.

Theresa

Last edited:
Today was cardio and I chose Cardio Kickbox Challenge. Wasn't in the mood at all to do cardio, TTOM and I have a headache. But I made myself get dressed and get moving. Glad I did. However, I didn't do the last 2 combo's because of two interruptions during my workout. Still had great numbers.

HR STATS:
57 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
18 minutes in zone
35 minutes above zone
449 calories burned.

Going to my moms for lunch. She's making French onion soup and tuna salad. :eek:

Hope you all have a great Friday!

Good Morning -

Not sure what my workout will be today. Cardio of some kind. I'll have to figure it out later. Busy day ahead (if I get everything done that I need to).

Theresa - What's a sumo deadlift? I picture the "wide stance" version Cathe does, but don't know if that's right. We got snow last night (I'd insert the little mad face here too, but I don't know how).

Hermia - I would like to be as committed to a yoga practice as you are. I have a few on tape (older vcr version) and I really like them. I try to schedule one a week but they don't always get done. Not sure why I do that (fail to prioritize them). Like I said, I really like it and always feel better for having done it. Also, how late do you work out at night? Sometimes, I double up workouts and do a second one in the evening - especially if I'm working into the night. It gives me a second wind. I was just curious. It's nice to know someone else out there works out "later" too.

Linda - The length of my workouts varies anywhere from 1 -2 hours, give or take. Longer on weekends usually cuz I have more time. I guess I go through phases (maybe like everyone) where I really FEEL like working out more - for "fun." That's when I'll do extra cardio or whatever. Other times, like for awhile this winter, it was hard to even LOOK at my tennis shoes. Then, it feels more like putting in time just cuz I'm still better off mood-wise and such if I keep moving in some way everyday. Don't know if that makes sense. Do you have a set of Cathe's newer bands? Maybe that's what you're using already, but if not, I bet you'd really like those. They have better (tougher) resistance than the older dyna-bands, I think. They seem more durable, too.

Hope everyone has a great morning and workout (whatever/whenever you do).

Lori

Lori- here's a link to the sumo deadlift. I did modify a bit b/c I used db's. I just wasn't in the mood for a barbell yesterday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSMlFsgqY1Y

Also, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a little box in the left corner that says POSTING RULES. Underneath that you will see a link that says SMILIES are on (or off). click on the smilies word and it will open a box that lets you add the different faces. It took me quite awhile to find that. Have a great workout. :D

Debbie-nice work as usual. Have a great lunch

theresa

I did STS disc 30 shoulders, biceps, and triceps 61 minutes and bburned 357 calories, then I did Shock Cardio Step Moves 44 minutes and burned 371 calories Max HR was 153, I finishe off with Amy's 10 minutes solution 5 day get fit power yoga segment 10 minutes 44 calories. No calf work as the bottom of my right foot is hurting from Wednesday's workout. Workout was 2 hr 4 minutes and calories burned was 772
STS weights were pretty good today. I went up on all but the incline curls.
standing barbell front press w/up sets 1x15 40# 1x12 40#
4 sets alternating 7 reps each-
standing barbell front press 55#
barbell curl 54#
flat bench dumbell tricep extensions 22# dumbbells
4 sets alternating 7 reps each-
seated lateral raise-17# dumbbells
incline curls-22# dumbbells
seated one arm overhead extension- 22#
4 sets alternating 7 reps each
seated rear delts-20# dumbbells up from 17#
seated concentration curls 30#:D up from 27 last weekI was happy with this
cross body kickbacks 20# up from 17 last week

I will come back for personals. I need to shower and run to the store before my DD brings over their doggie for me to watch this weekend.

Theresa - Glad to hear your shoulder is doing better. Mine is too, I just get the occasional shot of pain through it, which upsets me, but at least it's not aching. Sorry about the snow, it's 70 here today.

Debbie - Great job getting it done even when you didn't feel like it.

Lori - My days of long workouts are over. These days I am not interested in anything more than an hour. And no, I don't have any Cathe bands, Perhaps I will have to check them out. Good thing is that for tomorrow I have a heavier band than the purple.

DianeSue
- Keep meaning to tell you that I love your new avatar. You look awesome.

As is always the case when I clean up my eating, I slept like a rock last night and of course completely over slept. I did manage to fit in HiiT 30/30. Wanted to do more but no time. Did however work with my client for an hour, I didn't go all out of course but I think it counts. Perhaps I will get out there with DD on her bike and do some running.

Debbie, french onion soup and tuna salad sounds yummy. Enjoy;)

Linda, I am with Lori on the Cathe bands. They are a lot tougher than my regular bands. Thanks on the Avatar:D

Lori, my workouts tend toward 2 hrs if I get everything including flexibility stuff in like I want to. But sometimes I just have to go for 90 min or a little less.

Theresa, enjoy your HiiT workout. I am hoping it is mild and we don't get the snow:mad: I cleaned my front flower beds yesterday and was really enjoy the nice weather we are having.

Last edited:
DianeSue & Lori - Are you talking about the TPR non-latex ones?

Also, for those who have Circuit Blast, do you think I could modify this workout to work for me?

I did the last plyo legs workout over lunch. Tonight after my son leaves to spend time with his dad I'm going to do Step Moves. I really like that workout. I don't have a monitor but it sure doesn't feel like my heart rate gets very high. Sounds like some of you have noticed the same thing. But that's ok. Not quite sure what it is - matbe it's just so much fun I don't notice the effort. After that, I need to work on the basement. Trying to lay a new floor down there. Sort of learning as I go. I bought this house about five years ago and that's been the way I've gotten into - and through - the "home improvement" projects I've done so far. Wish me luck.

DianeSue - I've noticed your vigilence about flexibility work. Some things you've said (and positive results Debbie had) have put a foam roller at the top of my "wish list." There are always workouts and equipment I'd like to have, and they'd probably be more "fun," but I think the roller would be the wisest investment. I can't remember what size you recommended or where you got yours, though. Did you go ahead and order the gymboss?

Theresa - Thank you for the link. Something to re-visit when I finish this rotation.

Linda - Glad you found the band you needed. BTW, my son came up behind me to ask a question right when I was reading your post. He saw your avatar and was very much awed by you arms!

Debbie - Great workout, especially when you felt so cruddy. I hope you get feeling better soon.

??? I hope Lora is doing ok.

Linda-I think you could modify circuit blast. It has some combo moves w/ weights (like overhead press and squat) but it's more to keep the hr up than for strength. That is the one I broke my band on :eek:

Theresa

Linda - I missed the question you posted earlier. I had to go back and check "Shop Cathe," and yes. those are the bands (TPR non-latex). In my opinion, they're quite an improvement on dyna bands and there's a big difference in resistance. Also, I agree with Theresa. Circuit Blast seems to use weights more as cardio intensifiers. You could do without them or sub in a different move if there were any that might cause problems. If you have a weighted vest, that might work in some places, rather than holding a weight.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.