Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Finally Friday Feb 29

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did The Extreme Kettlebell Cardio workout with Keith Weber. This was filmed on the beach in Mexico. Used my 15, 20 & 25 lb KB's. Could have gone a bit heavier...but I'm still practicing form. Workout was 67" and I burned 489 calories.

This was a good, fast moving workout that kept your HR pretty aerobic. Mine hovered around 130 for the entire workout. That's one of the reasons I'm liking KB workouts....cuz you get strength, ballistic movements, functional fitness and cardio in one workout.

Lisa - what the heck do Turkish Get Ups work? I don't think I like them very much and not sure I've got the legs down yet. After I get my Agastu instructional DVD, I'll decide if I need a book too.

Toasty - Beth put up a Forum Only Leap Year blend on the Forum. Frederic - chypre sloshed witha mix of bay rum, patchouli, amber musk, dark woods, tea rose and red currant.

Happy Friday everyone and Happy Leap year!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!!

Today I am on the 8th week of P90X. Doing Chest/Back and some ab work. I think I will listen to Creed today when I workout. My body is too use to ab ripper anymore. I feel like it is waaaayyy too easy so will substitute for other things. I need to get on elliptical as well just because I can and should and need to!!! lol. Getting my reading glasses today. Some cleaning to do as well.

Diane Sue,

My daughter decided not to go to Las Vegas.

Lora,

Thanks for the update. Always like to be informed on these matters! lol. Sounds yummy, but I bought too many here lately. Nice calorie burn. I have no idea what your workout was like, but they always sound interesting.

Hey to everyone else! Have great workouts!

Good Morning Maniacs

I thought I would post my w/o this morning, since I've been posting at night I don't know if anyone sees them anymore.

Here's what I did

2 minute rest between each set

Back
Pullovers:
30# - 15/15/15
These were very hard and felt a lot in my triceps too.

Chest
INcline Dumbbell Press:
20# - 15/15/15
I just felt 20 was all I could do with this one, especially after doing the pullovers with 30's.

Quads
Bulgarian Split Squats:
30# - 15/15/15
OMG Debbie this is punishment, but it's a good feeling afterwards! I love these, don't love doing them, but love how I feel after!

Shoulders
Hammer Curl Front Raises:
10# - 15/15/15
These felt really good.

Hamstrings
Hamstring Curls:
20# - 15/15/15
Could have went a little heavier, but since the Balgarian squats killed my legs thought I better stay here.

Triceps
Tricep Bench Dips:
No weights again, but still did really well with these, I felt the burn, and didn't think I would make it on the 3rd set but I did it!

Felt great after this workout!

Linda - I was reading the posts from yesterday and you go girl with your pull-ups! That is very impressive! I've only been able to 5 and was hoping that I would eventually get to at least 12, hasn't happened, but I'm hoping that one day it will!!!

Debbie - don't know if you got my email, but thanks so much for the charts of your rotation! I sent a pic of me as well, not a very good one but at least you know what I look like.

Have a great day everyone one!!!

Maniacs,

Did 5 mile run today. Would've gone longer but ran out of time. Hubby had to go to work and Tenny is still sick. Supposed to be crappy weather tomorrow and tomorrow is my long run day. Yesterday was P90X+ Kenpo. Getting tired of this one. I need more kickboxing dvds but not Cathe. Not crazy about her form and combos. Guillermo Gomez is pretty good but it's too dang short. Any input?

Lora- Turkish Get Up works everything. There are two or three ways....Squat version, one legged version and regular version. They work the core and your balance for the most part. Some guys do it with a barbell. Don't ask me how. LOL I don't do them due to my bad knee so good luck. LOL I *MIGHT* give it a try as my knee is in a much better shape now than 8 months ago.

Toasty- Post a pic of you with glasses on! You'd look very cute with them. :)

Anyway, everyone has a great day and take care!

Lisa

Morning Maniacs,

Today was supersets done in 2 sets of twelve with a 90 second rest. Need to figure out how to help my forearms, holding the heavy weights for my leg work is killing my forearms and then they are shot for the next upper body move. Its not too bad when I do straight sets because of the rests but the supersets are brutal.

Chest
Incline Barbell Row
12/12 - 78# (up 3#)
Back
T-Bar Rows
12/12 - 75# (up 5#, these felt good, really held them at the top)

Quads
Plie Squats
12 - 55#
12 - 65# (last time I did these I put the barbell on my shoulders, this time I held it in front, so I lowered the weight)
Biceps
Barbell Curls
12/12 - 48 (up 3#)

Hamstrings
SLDL's
12/12 - 95# (up 5#)
Shoulders
12 - 12's
12 - 11's (up 2# then 1#, I was able to do the 12's but could hold the pause at the top so I lowered for the second set for more control)

Then I did BM2 abs.

My right shoulder is now aching and I am not happy about that.

Debbie - Wher are you this morning? You almost always beat me here. Didn't realize until after I was done (I looked up your old posts) that you actually did the plies with a dumbbell. Is the barbell is front a good option?

Sandy - I've been looking at your workouts. Your doing a great job. I am impressed that you can do 5 pull-ups six months ago I couldn't do one. I hate bulgarian split squats with a passion! So I feel your good pain! Also did you see my post on how to add a avatar to your profile?

Lisa - Did you see my question about ACE the other day? I was curious why you don't like them?

Linda

Today was full body, 2 sets/12 reps and I had a great workout. I concentrated on form and contractions with this one. Could have gone higher with the weights but wanted to keep my form good.

1:30 min. rest between each set

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Barbell Press:
95# - 12/12

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Overhand Barbell Rows:
60# - 12/12
[font color=blue]***Should have went heavier with this one, but held the contraction for a few seconds and that really gave me a burn.[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS[/font]
Squats:
85# - 12/12
[font color=blue]***Went to parellel. I can't believe what a difference that makes.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
Barbell Preacher Curls:
60# - 12/12
[font color=blue]***Now these were hard. Last set I almost quit at 10 reps but kept going. Left wrist popped out of joint a few times. That really hurts.[/font]

[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS[/font]
Hamstring Curls:
55# - 12/12
[font color=blue]***Concentrated on the contraction and got a great burn and tightness in the muscle.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Overhead DB Military Press:
25's - 12/12
[font color=blue]***These were hard as well. Last set I barely made 12 reps.[/font]

That is all....

Suz - Seen your post, thanks for the info. I have been feeling awesome lately and my HR does recover quite quickly. My dh checked the battary in my strap and it's dead so I think that may have something to do with the low readings lately. I'm gonna get a new battary today and see what it does tomorrow. So when you put the liquid soap on it, do you leave it on or do you mean you wash the strap with it and rinse it off?

Sandy - Yes I did get your email. Sorry I haven't had time to respond. I couldn't download you picture because we are on dial up and it takes forever. But thanks for sending it! Nice workout, you are doing well with this rotation!

Char - I haven't done Ab Ripper in ages. I need to get that one out! Hope you are well, girl. Miss talking to you!

Debbie,

Miss talking to you too. You don't have your pm set up anymore either. :-( I am gonna get my first tattoo here soon. Scorpion. I want it on the inside of my right wrist so when I curl, etc. I can look down and see this scorpion that represents who I am (astrology-wise). It is gonna be a very unique different scorpion...every part of scorpion will represent something about me.

I hope when I get done with the X workouts I will be able to bench more. Already I am doing much more with triceps then before. Need to start posting stats again.

Lisa,

I will post a picture. lol.

Hey Maniacs! Today will be Push/pull again or maybe Supersets, along with some cardio on the stationary Bike. I think I'll alternate these two a few times a week to go along with all my cardio. They are short and not to terribly taxing, which should be good. Plus, I love the music in these.

Scorp- You should put little reading glasses on your tatoo, lol, ;). Sounds like you have picked out a cute one.:)

Everyone is doing great on the workouts!

Later..........

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Morning, I have been so busy the last couple of days. SHort workouts and no time to check in. I kept my granddaughters for 3 days while their parents were in DC. Wednesday we had a birthday party here and then my grandson came to stay while his mother had her baby. I now have a beautiful little 6lb 3oz baby granddaughter:D So yesterday we were at the hospital alot. I also had to pick up children and take one of my granddaughters to a rehearsal. Workouts were Wednesday Body Max 2 cardio blast, Thursday Kelly Coffey Cardio Kick Step Box, and today so far Tracey Staehle's Walking Strong adding a few minutes to make it 3 and 3/4 miles and Amy Bento's Dome workout. I want to go do some more weight work. We had plumbers here again and they just left. They are going to be back Monday:(

I need to catch up around here.

Dally's, good to see you back. I always enjoy doing a SS and PP rotation.

Suz, good to see you around here again too. I saw you question about my head. It is healing up and was just a fatty tumor. Not serious so that is a good thing:)

Charlotte, I am glad to hear that you dd did not go to Vegas. I bet you are relieved.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hi Everyone,

It's Friday and I'm so happy about that. Work is good but not crazy today, at least not right now.

Debbie - What are the SLDL's, I know it's some kind of deadlift. Oh, wanted to let you know since doing your rotation, I've lost 4.5 lbs. Down to 147 now. My goal is at least 135 and maintain from there! Next week is the beginning of me doing the supersets...momma! Great w/o. How's your dad doing???
I'm hoping to get an avatar soon. Thanks!!!

Linda - I'll have to go back and check, Charlotte was telling me how to do Picture trail, but not sure about it yet. I would like to put up a pic of me though. Can you send it again or I'll look for it.
You're work out looks great!

Dally's - Hi! How have you been? I love your humor about the glasses on Char's tat, I so imagined that in my minds eye! lol.

Char - I was thinking of getting a tat, I was gonna get mine on the back of my neck though. Still think about it at times. Time will tell. How is your w/o going?

Hi to everyone else here and hope you all have a great Friday!!!

Hi Diane Sue!

Debbie - One more question, what site is it that you visit at times that is a muscle building site...I've heard you mention it before or at least I thought it was you. Isn't it for men too? My hubby's looking for new excersises!

Thanks!

Bionics,

Nice to see you around a bit more. ;-) No glasses for the scorpion. Your a trip! Fun workouts. I remember those Cathe one's. I may get on my bike Monday...suppose to be mid 60's here. WOOHOO!

Sandy,

What would you get on the back of your neck? BTW, GREAT JOB ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!! Know how much that means to you. You are doing so good!

Diane Sue,

Yes, I am quite relieved. She is going to look at some apartments nearby and wants to move in with some friends. DH says to let her go. She needs to find out things on her own. We don't charge her rent here, but she wants her freedom. We have rules. She no like. lol.

My head hurts hearing how busy you were!! LOL.

Toasty- I no like rules either! LOL Let me know how the tatoo comes out. It sounds cool. I thought about getting one on my lower back but still unsure. I have a belly piercing so that's enough for now. :)

Linda- Thanks for reminding me! I KNEW I had forgotten something when I posted earlier today. ACE is not really something I have a problem with. It's just that I notice a lot of ACE certified folks are bad trainers. Not correcting client's form, they don't know what they're talking about sometimes, etc. Don't get me wrong...I've seen some NASM cert. trainers who are bad trainers, too. That's why I have a lot of respect for NSCA. I never see a bad trainer. I'm a form "nazi" so I'm pretty tough with this. Also, I feel if something is easy then how good of a trainer are you really going to be? I know majority of people pass ACE whereas NSCA, only a small percentage pass. I don't have respect for ISSA trainers too much either. They're a little worse than ACE trainers. You had to see an ISSA cert. trainer had a client doing deadlifts. You had no idea how much I cringed. He did not correct her form AT ALL. Thank god she went very light with her weights otherwise she'd blow her back and hams out. All in all, I really don't respect trainers who could care less about their client's form. A lot of ACE cert. people are group instructors. It's my personal opinion and thoughts. I won't hold it against an ACE cert. trainer if they know what the hell they're doing and talking about. Needless to say, I'm extremely picky when it comes to certifications. Some certifications are worth it more than others. Like I mentioned in my last post, it depends on your goals and gyms you want to work at. If it's body building or athletes you want to train folks at, I'd prefer not to take ACE. It's just my observation with trainers and their background. I hope I don't sound so mean in this post. LOL :)

Lisa

Got my new glasses....I don't know..you tell me....

306478779.jpg

They look crooked, but I don't think they are!! lol

Thanks Linda. I am trying to get use to having them. It is different.

BTW, I am back up to 90# for lat pulldowns. Did these 10x's both times around I did chest/back from P90X. I had went down to 70# for pulldowns before I started P90X again. Another thing, I am finially able to embrace my core much better when doing pushups and doing them without arching my back as much.

Toasty - you look good in your glasses. You don't even look like a Librarian....but more like the Sex Kitten with glasses............meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! I think you would really like Kettlebells. They are sort of "macho"......don't know why I think so...but maybe cuz mostly men are on the videos slamming the huge KB's. I could see you doing some KB swings. Not sure if this link will work...but Lisa sent me this for form pointers and this will give you an idea of what you do with them. I'm REALLY happy about KB's now cuz I've got a nice soreness in all sorts of places from this morning's workout! YAY! We did this one move called Hot Potato ....in between swings, snatches, etc. where you throw the KB from one hand to the other and I'm really feeling it in my arms. I used my 25# KB. I think I'm going to go buy a 35 pounder this weekend at the Barbell store if I can scrounge up the money.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kettlename.php

Lisa - What other Kickboxing have you tried besides Cathe and Guillermo? Do you only like straightforward kickboxing...or do you think you'd like Turbo Jam's? For kickboxing, I enjoy CIA Criss Cross Cardio with Sherri Jacquelyn, CIA Absolute Kickboxing with Kimberly Spreen, some of the Tae Bo Amped workouts or Celebrity Fit Tae Bo Sculpt, Amy Bento's....but they are more of a Hi/Lo Kickbox workout and her form isn't spectacular, and lastly I like Tracey Staehle's Kickbox workouts. Her new one, Strike Zone that I have on preorder actually looks excellent. She trained with a Les Mills instructor for 6 months and it's supposed to be a real "kick butt" workout. I also have one from Fitness Organica that is really tough. It's called The One-Two Punch Aerobic Boxing Workout. Another one I like ...but it has some ab work thrown in and other different moves thrown in like dog crawls -- is The Kung Fu Kickboxing workout with Max & Tiffany Chen. It's based on a Chinese boxing called Shan Shou or something like that. It is an Acacia production and I love the music and production quality, as well as the instructor, Tiffany, who teaches classes in her father's boxing studio in NYC. I actually was so thrilled with this workout that I wrote my first review on AMazon when I got it. Makes me want to break it out and do it now!! Let me know if you have any more questions on the ones I mentioned. Tae Bo Amped uses a light weighted bar, as does Kimberly Spreen's CIA workout.

I'm guilty. I ate brownies yesterday and today at work cuz one of my coworkers brought them in and I love iced brownies and NEVER have them in the house cuz I can't resist them. Now I have to do cardio tomorrow instead of resting....cuz I need to burn those calories off.

Lisa - also forgot to mention that I just order Gaiim's Kickbox Core Fusion workout with Patricia Moreno. I haven't gotten it yet, but I'll keep you posted when I do!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.